- Text Size +
Henry remained under the table, contemplating his next move. He would have never guessed that searching through the forbidden lands would land him in the predicament he was in now. These people looked huge, and easily towered over his height. They had farms and looked like they lived normal lives but had a bizarre creed they followed. It's as though they had their own world in here. He listened as they are their food and chattered. He didn't focus much considering his mind was blurting with different thoughts or ideas of what to do, blurred by anxiousness and fear.

He could hear them finish as plates clattered together. They were all shuffling in the kitchen talking and maneuvering past each other.

"One of you girls grab the candles and let's get started."

Henry hurried to lay back on the floor, regaining his view of the room across. All of the girls sat on the floor before placing all their feet together forming a circle around the candles and a bowl which they had placed in the center.

"Eve would you lead today's prayer?" The mother suggested.

"Loving Earth, we thank you for your kind harvest and hope that today's work will fuel you as well as us. Give us the strength to endure this winter as we continue into the colder days. Let our house remain strong and keep us warm. Lastly, we thank the feet that carry us, and cleanse them in respect for our earth and home. "

"Amen." They declared in unison.

Each took a turn and dipped their feet in a bowl of water in this so called cleansing. It was so odd and yet it sparked his curiosity in these people. They seemed peaceful and at one with their environment.

Having finished their ritual each of the girls stood and walked from the circle where the mother began picking up everything. Claire began walking back in the direction of her boots that she had left in front of the silk-draped table. Henry watched as her feet neared their destination. He back away from the edge as one foot stepped just next to the table, sneaking toes under the covering. He observed her finger-length toes intently as he wondered the reasoning for the black polish. He had never seen anyone paint their nails. It seemed ludicrous and without purpose. The toes disappeared as she put her boot on. Soon after, the door began opening and closing as the girls funneled outside to do their work.

He quickly jetted into the kitchen where he scavenged for food. The basket of goods still held some goods so he grabbed a handful of them. Looking out of the windows he could see the foul weather outside. The rain poured from the clouded sky as the wind pushed it in whichever direction it blew. Henry needed to devise a plan of escape. The last thing he needed was to come across one of thee Giants in the open. He ran to the stairs and climbed as fast as he could to the top. Maybe from up here he could see his surroundings better. The windows sat high on the walls, easily above his head.

Henry climbed some of the furniture next to it, allowing him to peer out of the window. Despite the poor weather, he could see a couple acres of farmed land with cattle roaming a grazed area. A temple-like building was just outside of the house in the back. It didn't surprise him given the rituals he had witnessed. Since the weather was bad, it might serve as a decent place to stay while he waited out the storm.

He noted that it seemed like there were no other people close to them. Just these three women? Where was their husband/father? As he questioned their lifestyle, the door downstairs opened and then closed again. Someone began taking there shoes off, dropping each to the ground. Then a creak echoed as the person stepped onto the stairs. Henry broke his frozen state, knowing he needed to hide, but his panicked reaction caused him to trip and fall off the dresser he had been standing on, causing a thud to ring out. The stairs stopped creaking before a voice called out, "Hello! Is anyone here? Mah is that you?"

Henry could tell that it was Claire's voice, and he did his best to roll quietly under the bed next to him. He slowed his breathing and remained as still as possible as Claire entered the room.

Claire paused at the top of the stairs, scanning in all directions for the noise she had just heard. It seemed as though something had fallen but there was nothing on the ground to confirm it. Choosing to ignore it, she continued to her bed to take her intended nap.

Henry watched as she sat on the edge of her bed. The soles of her feet now facing him. She then brushed each clean before lifting them into the bed. Henry remained frozen until he heard a deep, rhythmic breathing from Claire. He then crawled out from the small space at the foot of the bed and peered up. Her feet protruded off the end of the bed, leaving her soles exposed. They were truly gigantic. Henry hovered his hand over her sole to see how large it really was. It would of taken nearly 3 of his hands just to cover the length of her foot. It was probably about 17 inches long with long toes to top it off. Henry could feel his arousal rising but didn't understand why. He stood up to get a better look at the girl. With feet this big, he could only wonder how tall she must have been. Walking to the side of the bed, Henry noted she was a little longer than the bed, which had estimated to be about 8.5 feet long, making her about 9 feet tall. It was incredible. Henry wanted nothing more than to inspect her body and its enormous portions, but knew he had to leave.

He snuck away, crouching to keep himself hidden from the sleeping Amazon. After reaching the bottom of the stairs, he jiggled the door hand that was level to his face and twisted it open. The cold rain immediately splashed him I the face, with the wind tearing through his layers. Running for his new shelter, Henry did little observation for the other girls and instead sprinted for the temple. He burst through the doors already soaked from the rain. He closed them as quick as he could, not wanting the cold to seep in. It was silent inside with nothing but hundreds of candles spread throughout the inside. There were no chairs or tables, but cushions to lay on. A fire burned in the chimney, obviously to keep the temple warm. It was peaceful inside, even nice. Finding a corner spot hidden away, Henry decided to nap until better weather ensued.

---

It had been several hours since their day began and Eve remember the fire in the temple most likely needed some wood, especially before tonight's service. Hurrying to the backside of the temple, Eve opened the door revealing a large supply of firewood. Eve grabbed several pieces and then opened the back door to the temple. It was quiet, peaceful and warm inside. Something she always enjoyed about the temple was its soothing nature. Strolling to the fire, she stared at the blaze, thankful for her family and life. It was a beautiful place to live, and better people to live with. She tossed in a couple pieces of wood, watching as they caught fire. She decided to lay by the fire and rest, enjoying the serenity around her.

Henry during this time had heard the backdoor open and hid himself in the dark corner. He watched as yet another Amazon entered the room and began fueling the fire. She eventually laid on a nearby cushion and closed her eyes. Henry couldn't move, fearful he would be heard since it was completely silent. He simply stared at Eve waiting for her to move. As he did, the font door opened and the two other girls came in and found their own cushions near the fire.

Henry's curiosity peaked again as he heard the mother speak.

"Okay girls, let's do our second cleansing today. I brought the special oils. I just made them." She handed bottles to each of the girls and kept one for herself. I watched as bowls were brought out yet again. I moved to get a better look, but bumped into a candle causing it to tip and fall to the floor. Shit...