- Text Size +
Realizing his presence could no longer be hidden, he bolted for the back door and threw the door open. He ran into the ongoing storm heading straight for the shrubs surrounding the farm. He never looked back, not wanting to see anyone that was possibly chasing him. He ran into the thick vegetation from which he had first arrived, and quickly found a bush to hide in. He surveyed the area from which he had just come, but saw no one in pursuit. He took a moment to collect his thoughts while slowing down his breathing to calm himself. What was the next step?

Henry decided he could camp out the night before he began his trek back to the village. This place was dangerous and he wouldn't be able to bring enough food back alone. He would need help. Walking several paces out, he found an area with some dry ground. He popped out a waterproof canvas to cover his head and hid its appearance with some tree branches. Opening his pack he unrolled a couple blankets and made himself comfortable. Once the storm let up he would head out again.

He closed his eyes, dreaming of better times, as he fell into a wary sleep.

---

Claire and her family watched as the intruder ran out of the temple, the darkness hiding its face. She immediately got up and barked at her family, "See we do have something running around the farm. I'm putting an end to this. I'll find it."

Her mother, Alice, was still in shock at what she had witnessed, but encourage her daughters intent. "Yes, please find it. We must know what it wants."

Claire put her socks and boots back on, lacing then tight. She then grabbed her large raincoat to shield her from the wetness and keep her layers underneath dry and walked out into the rain. The storm was loud and its rain was fierce. She would have to track whatever it was down quickly before the prints were washed away, but Claire was the best tracker her community had in years. Looking to the ground she quickly spotted some fresh prints that looked identical to the ones she had seen before.

"Got you."

She followed the tracks eager to capture the intruder. It seemed all to easy until the tracks led into some thick shrubs outside the farm edges. She looked to the ground but the prints were less defined and clues hidden with broken branches. All she could hope is that it would slow down.

---

Henry awoke to some branches cracking in the near distance. His eyes and stance jumped into alert mode, searching for anything moving. His eyes laid upon a large form that was strolling through the forest while starring out the ground. Occasionally it bent over to analyze the ground for clues. It was her; it must be Claire.

Gathering his things, he made a decision to push farther into the forest. He needed to lose her before it was too late. He left his canvas knowing it would expose him to take it down. Henry kept low while steadily creating space between him and his pursuer. As he continued forth, he looked for ways to lose Claire. Finally he came across a small stream with a cave across from where he stood. Perfect.

Knowing he was out of her sight, he quickly made a long false trail that led far down the stream away from the cave. Then to avoid further detection, he waded back up the stream and into the cave, careful to cover his remaining tracks. Now all he had to do was wait.

---


Claire followed the tracks through the dense bushes until finally leading her to a small covering where a canvas hung to create some shelter. Bending over she looked at the tracks and out her hand to the ground, which was faintly still warm. She was close.

Looking out, she scanned for her prey, but saw nothing but rain and trees. Continuing her work she traced the prey's steps which led to a nearby stream. She watched as the prints led down the stream before disappearing completely. Shit. Where did it...? And then she remembered the cave she had just passed. It should be there.

She quickly and discreetly made her way back to the cave, careful not to alert the small being.

---

Henry was relieved to watch his pursuer follow the false trail down the steam. He could now rest easy knowing how far down the trail led. Not wanting to push his luck, he decided it would be best to continue moving keeping his distance. He checked his compass and continued his journey in the woods. As he past the entrance of the cave he looked over to see Claire stalking him from the side. His blood froze.

---

Claire was surprised when it began walking away from the cave instead of remaining in the cave for shelter. Probably the smarter decision, but unfortunately she had already outsmarted him, and now she was locked onto him. She watched as it began wondering further into the woods. The being looked an awful lot like her only much smaller. As she observed her prey, it looked over meeting her gaze. Its (or as Claire now knew, his) eyes opened widely at the sight of her, but he quickly reacted and began sprinting into the woods.

She wouldn't lose him again. She ran as fast as she could, breaking through the plants and gaining on him with each of her long strides. He didn't have a chance.

---

Henry ran as fast as he could through the woods, but could hear her gaining on him. He looked for anything that could help, but became more and more hopeless when a large force struck him in the back sending him tumbling into the ground. He had almost no time to react before Claire was on top of him. He struggled to fight back, but she was enormous. She must have weighed nearly 4 or 5 times as much as he did, and her strength was overwhelming. He struck her in the stomach using his right fist but the feeble attempt was met by a much larger fist striking him in the chest, expunging the air from his lungs. She then used her large hand to grip both of his own hands as she extended his arms upwards and began tying his wrists together using her free hand.

Once she was done, she stood up and placed a large muddy boot on his chest before grabbing his ankles and pulling his legs upward. Still on his back, Henry fought to free his legs, but helplessly watched as his extended legs, which were barely taller than her knee, were tied together with some rope around his ankles. He thrashed but the boot applied more pressure across the width of his torso, causing him to wince and stop his resistance.

He was then lifted up and shoved into a bag that she effortlessly threw over her shoulders as she walked back to her house.

Henry bounced as the bag swayed back and forth, colliding with her backside. It felt like a wall every time his body connected with her back. He was scared and unsure of his future. Was he food? Would they torture him and kill him? Bad thoughts poured from his mind as he imagined his bleak future. Neither of them had said a word but maybe that was for the best.

---

Claire continued her steady pace back to the house. She was proud of her tracking abilities and she knew her family would be delighted to see the small man she had captured. She herself was unsure what her mother would want to do with the man, but all that mattered was that they were safe. Her house came into view as she emerged from the woods. She waved her to her mother and sister, displaying the bag on her back as a sign of success.

Eve greeted her, and opened the front door gesturing to the living room where her mother was already sitting in front of the fire.

"Come in dear. If you think it can't go anywhere, put it on the floor in front of us so we can all see it." Alice requested.

"It's not an "it" mom, it's a man. A very small man." Claire informed her while dumping the bag upside down, watching the man smack into the floor. He groaned as he hit, but quickly inspected the girls surrounding him.

Alice began questing him, "So who are you and what do you want?"

No response.

"If you understand me its best you speak, otherwise we have no use for you, and you don't want that." She stated bluntly.

Henry spoke upon the subtle threat, "I'm Henry and I've been in search of food. I've wandered the forest for many days before stumbling upon your farm."

The girls were all shocked to hear the small man speak and looked to each other and then back at Henry.

"Well Henry we are willing to share some food, but we also must ask some simple questions and you must answer all of them truthfully."

Henry nodded his head.

"Where is the land you come from? Are there others like you?"

"Yes. But it is very far away through the rugged land to the east." He said pointing with his tied hands.

"Hmm. From the land beyond. Now tell me, are you a Triceiventh?" *(tri-see-venth)

Henry had no idea what that meant but assumed he wasn't and shook his head in accordance. All the girls gasped in shock.

"Girls, you know what this means, don't you?" Alice asked, looking to her daughters.

Eve quickly recited something that sounded religious to Henry. "Those who don't serve righteously shall serve those who do. Until a Triceiventh master says otherwise, he or she shall serve the servers."

Henry didn't like the sound of that, but also had no clue as to what they were talking about.

"Claire, since you found the impure being, he shall serve you first. He is yours to command. Eve and I shall finish preparing dinner while you clean yourself up. Dinner will be ready soon, so don't take too long."

"I won't mother." Claire responded.

She cupped her hands under Henry's armpits and lifted him into the air and then walked to her room. Setting him down on the ground, Claire took a seat on her bed and inspected the small man. Even sitting, she towered him by nearly a foot and a half. It made her feel like a goddess.

"One of the first rules of our house is to respect it. That means never having your shoes on when you enter. So take yours off."

Henry hurried to unlace his boots, not wanting to displease her. He kicked them off and removed his wet socks, leaving only his bare feet like he had observed them do some many times before.

"Good. Now do mine." She demanding lifting her boot up in his direction. Henry stepped to the side of the large boot and began unlacing it. It took more time due to their being more lace to fit the larger shoe but eventually he untied both. He pulled each shoe off freeing her socked feet. It was still incredible how tall she was and even her feet were overwhelmingly large. Each foot was nearly the length of his torso. He must have been starring too long because she began waving her feet in his face and scrunching her toes.

"Don't forget my socks."

Henry used both of his hands to grab the elastic band of one of her socks. Her socks were extremely fuzzy and soft and warm from her own body heat. He was about to slip it around her heel when her other foot wrapped around his back side and pulled him in, while she slid the foot he was touching up until burying his face into the underside of her socked toes. Rubbing his face side to side, she taunted him as she laughed.

"Come on little Henry, take em off already."

He fought back, attempting to push her foot away using both hands. She pulled them both away herself, and peeled the socks of her feet, revealing her bare skin again. She quickly planted them back on the floor.

"Mamma said not to take so long. So I'm going to change real quick for dinner out of these clothes. In the mean time grab my boots and put them out of the way."

Henry did as told and placed her boots in a corner out of the pathway. He watched as she walked away to the bathroom stripping her dirty clothes off. He could only imagine the body underneath and his libido rose at thought of it. He distracted himself and began cleaning the room's randomly discarded items. After a few minutes, Claire came out dressed in a robe with some warm slippers.

"Should be dinner time in a moment. Let's go." I followed her down the stairs until reaching he kitchen. The table was set for three, each with a plate full of food.

"Alright girls. Take your seats. Who's saying grace?" Alice asked.

Eve spoke, "We bless the earth, this house, and our feet for providing everything we need. Amen."

"Darling, you're table is down there." Alice told Henry, pointing to smaller table next to theirs. He was relieved to see something for him since the table they were eating at was a little taller than he was. Henry sat in his chair and began eating the delicious meal they provided for him.