- Text Size +

“If you used nanoball sequencing where did you get the rest of the data on Priscilla’s genome?” Britta said, exasperated. I got the impression she didn’t quite believe that Priscilla had grown right in front of me- but she seemed willing to accept that something serious had happened. She had spent the last twenty minutes convincing me that we could dig up some dirt on Priscilla and lay the whole thing on her. 

“I found a match in a public database,” I explained. “It was submitted anonymously so I didn’t get any personal information.”

“Hmm,” Britta said, tapping her fingers on the desk. “Lets see if we can do a more thorough search this time... Can you hack?” 

“Maybe a little,” I admitted. She punched my shoulder. “Alright- a lot... jeez.” I complained and rubbed my arm.

“And you said there was a bunch of Feminazis with her when you came in right?”

“Just the one really, the others didn’t say much.”

“But the research you found had Fempire all over it, right?”

“Wait-wait-wait- You want me to hack Fempire to see if they have her records? Thats crazy.”

“I’m not saying go all black-hat-cyber-terrorist. We just need to match her DNA to a scholarship record. Just a little peek, you know.”

“I know I’m going to be in more trouble than I already am if I get caught snooping through Fempire databases.”

“Will you get caught?” Britta asked earnestly.

I hesitated. The scholarship database was probably not kept in the same cluster as their highly coveted genetics research. “No.” I sighed eventually. “Not if I’m careful.” 

“Alright then.”

It didn’t take me long to get into Fempire’s scholarship records. They were stored in a low level subsystem that seemed to be relatively insecure. “Priscilla, Priscilla, Priscilla,” I muttered, scrolling through a list of girls.

“Just add her DNA identifier to the query.” Britta said from somewhere above me.

“Right.” I replied wearily. I must be tired if I was forgetting to include multiple fields in an SQL search. I added the information and ran the search again. One result. I opened the file… And discovered that Priscilla Sendyne was an exemplary student with top marks. Irritatingly, her profile contained enough recommendations to make my application look pedestrian by comparison. The rest was pristine. No criminal record, no administrative actions, nothing. “Well,” I said, pushing in the keyboard. “So much for dirt.” 

“Come on, Dylan!” Britta was undaunted. “You can’t give up that easy.”

“You’re looking at the same thing I am, theres nothing here!”

“We have a last name now.”

“Great, fine.” I said and pulled up another tab. “Let’s find out how perfect her family is too.”

I opened a search for her mother, Anita Sendyne, and froze. The first link was a headline:

“Sendyne Steers Fempire Into Uncharted Waters”

I had missed the mark. Priscilla didn’t know someone on the research team- her mother ran the entire company! I quickly scanned through the story, which turned out to be a fluff piece covering various genomic research Fempire Unlimited was funding, before closing the window. “This is a disaster,” I said, standing.

“Come on Dylan, its not that bad” Britta’s hesitant tone was less than convincing.

“It is that bad! And you know it! She could probably cut the head off of the Dean of Admissions and get away with it!”

“Now you’re just being ridiculous.” Britta said placing her hands on her wide hips.

“Am I? Anita Sendyne, her mother, is on GeneTech’s board of directors. Do you really think there is a limit to what they can get away with after the Congo incident two years ago?”

“That’s… Okay, maybe you’re right but-”

“I am right! And now I’m going to bed before I discover any more goods news,” I spat, and turned to leave. I was halted mid-step by a powerful hand on my shoulder. 

“Look, I get you’ve had a rough day, but there is an upside to this,” Britta said. 

“Let go of me.” I demanded. Rather than letting go Britta embraced me in a hug. I struggled to break free but it was like wrestling a bear, I couldn’t budge her. 

“Dylan stop, calm down.” Her voice was gentle, “Please?” I struggled for a few moments longer until, exhausted, I went limp in her arms. Britta waited for a while after I calmed down before saying, “You said she could get away with murder, right?”

“Yes,” I said resolutely.

“Then why couldn’t she get away with a little human experimentation?”

“Because she- oh,” I said as comprehension struck me. “Oh my god.” Excitement crept into my voice and I said, “You’re right! I can’t believe I didn’t think of it before- Britta you’re a genius!”

“We do go to the same school you know,” Britta chided and released me.

I turned and looked up wildly curvy six foot tall landscape of her body to her smiling face. “Thank you,” I said.

“Don’t mention it.”

“No, I mean it. I owe you one.”

“I’m sure you would have figured it out after a good night’s sleep- but its never fun to go to bed angry. You still owe me one though, I hope you didn’t already forget about earlier.”

I blushed, “No, of course not.”

“Good. However… seeing as you’re pretty tired I’ll let you take a rain check.”

“Deal.”

“Just keep in mind if you want Little Miss Fempire’s protection you’re probably going to have to woo her.”

“Or give her more GTS,” I suggested morosely.

“GTS?”

“Genetic Transformation Serum, its what I called my formula.”

“Oh. Do you think that’s a good idea?”

“No.” The wild look in Priscilla’s eyes when she was growing gave me chills just thinking about it.

“Woo’ing it is then.”

***

Classes the next day were uneventful. No message from the administration, no buzz around the student body about a girl that had shot up in height overnight. It was as if nothing had happened. If anything was surprising it was the amount of homework my teacher’s loaded on me. When I got back to the dorms I noticed one of the previously unoccupied bedroom’s had a door open.

“Hello?” I called.

“You must be the boy we got stuck with,” a female’s voice replied from inside the room.

“Nice to meet you too,” I muttered sarcastically, too quiet to be heard. More loudly I replied, “Sure am.”

A tiny girl appeared in the doorway. Blond ringlets framed a fair skinned face, blue eyes, and a petite slightly upturned nose. Petite was a good word to describe just about everything about her. No hips to speak of, a miniscule waist, and a non-existent bust adorned her short, skinny frame. She made me feel big and that was no small feat. I smiled at the unintentional pun.

“Britta told me about you, Dylan right?” She said with a sour look on her face. 

What was it with girls at this school? I thought. They’re either sex-crazed or man-haters. “Thats me. And you are…”

“Molly.” She said, “It’s nice to meet you… I guess.” She stuck out her hand.

I didn’t take it. “Did I do something to offend you?” I asked, unable to keep an edge out of my voice.

She retracted her hand and huffed. “You mean other than steal my girlfriend?” 

“What?” I said, baffled. The only person I’d done anything with was Priscilla and... “You mean you and... Britta?” I couldn’t imagine a more disparate pair than the enormous Britta and the miniature blond standing in front of me.

Molly golf clapped. “Ding ding ding!” 

I wasn’t sure what to say, I’d never been in a situation like this before. “I didn’t know,” I said apologetically. “I didn’t ask her about- I mean it wasn’t even my idea.”

Molly looked at me for a long moment then sighed. Her malice seemed to drain away and she said, “No, I’m the one who should apologize. Her and I agreed to... experiment- I just didn’t expect it to happen so soon.” She stared at the floor and said, “Sorry for being such a drama queen... Can we try again?” She asked, looking up to meet my eyes. “My name is Molly. Molly Springfield.” She reached out her hand.

I took it and replied, “Dylan Anderson. Nice to meet you.” 

“Nice to meet you too.” Molly said and looked me up and down appraisingly before saying, “Britta was right.”

“About what?”

Molly giggled and said, “You’re kinda cute.” 

“Erm, thanks. You have umm pretty hair.” 

Molly laughed harder. “Wow. She was right about you being a blank slate too.”

What the hell was Britta saying about me? “I’m not really sure how to take that.”

“Don’t worry about it. By the time we’re done with you you’ll be a real lady killer.”

“We?”

“She may be small but she’s fierce,” Britta’s voice came from behind me. “Good to see you two getting along.”

“Britta!” Molly gushed and dashed across the room. Britta swept her up in her arms and pulled her into a kiss. Their lips remained locked together for a while before Britta’s eyes opened to give me a little wink. “Alright alright, thats enough.” Britta admonished. “Any more than that and we’re going to have to charge him for the show.”

“It’s been so long!” Molly whined.

“Two weeks isn’t really that long, sweetie.”

“It felt like forever.” 

“Then why don’t you change into something… more comfortable and we’ll see how these dorm beds hold up.” Britta offered.

“Don’t keep me waiting!” Molly chirped and disappeared into her room.

When the door shut Britta looked at me and said, “Molly and I have a little catching up to do, any news on the growing girl front?”

“Not a thing,” I said.

“Hmm,” Britta said and looked thoughtful. “You’re going to have to go into the den of the beast, I think.”

“Could we not call it the ‘den of the beast’?” I said nervously. “Besides, maybe it will just blow over.” Britta gave me a look. “Okay, okay. I know. But I don’t know what to do. Priscilla is going to want more formula and if I refuse…”

“Don’t refuse then,” Britta suggested. “All you need to do is make an excuse to delay making another batch. Make sure she needs to keep you around. As long as she wants more of that stuff you can bet the campus cops won’t be coming after you.”

“I could tell her I need a blood sample to perform a full DNA analysis.” I nodded to myself, it was a credible excuse. “That should buy me at least a couple days.” 

“Now you’re thinking,” Britta declared happily. “We’ll make a little liar out of you yet.”

My excitement curdled a bit and I said, “I thought we working on the whole ‘woo’ing’ thing.”

“Yep,” Britta nodded.

“So... seduction is just lying?”

Britta shrugged, “Call it ‘garnishing the truth’ if it makes you feel better. And hey, if you mean every word- even better. Just don’t forget that as soon as you start saying things to provoke a specific emotional response you’re not being entirely honest.”

“I guess that’s true…” I said feeling a bit put-off. 

“Dylan, lovers have been telling each other little white lies for thousands of years. Here I’ll give you an example. Does this shirt make me look fat?” Britta straightened and thrust out her chest. The yellow shirt in question was plastered to her more than ample curves and rode up such that a small crescent of belly fat was on display. 

My face became instantly hot. “Uhh…” 

Britta laughed. “I’ve never seen someone’s face get red so quickly!” She bent over double still shaking with laughter and revealed a deep line of jiggling cleavage.

“Point taken,” I sighed.

Molly’s voice called from the other room “What’s so funny?”

Britta glanced at the door and said, “I better get in there. Remember, you just need to stall her.”

“Yeah, yeah. I got it.”