- Text Size +

The Millenial thrust into the sky like an ornate dagger, two brilliantly gleaming blades that cut the clouds. The taxi’s computer rattled off an endless stream of trivia about our destination: one hundred and seventeen luxury boutiques, sixty six world class restaurants, forty olympic swimming pools, and twenty five thousand rooms were just a few of The Millenial’s many amenities. 

“What’s so important that it couldn’t wait?” I said, staring into deep shadows cast by the monolithic megascraper. The city sprawled below it like rubble tossed from The Millenial’s eruption from the earth. It made me uneasy and I turned to look at Priscilla.

Her short red dress bared an impossibly long stretch of thigh that ended in a pair of black designer keyhole pumps. Everything from her painted toenails to her jet earrings was immaculately matched and crafted. In fact, the only blemish on her attire was where the dress radiated lines of stress around her prominent bust and that particular wardrobe malfunction didn’t exactly count against her. She looked stunning.

Priscilla finally noticed me watching and shifted to return my attention. The leather bench creaked beneath her and she said, “I’m sorry, what did you say?”

My mind went blank and I had to clear my throat to buy a moment to collect myself. “I said tell me what you wanted to tell me.” 

“So brusque,” Priscilla said, feigning offense.

“I’m not in the mood, Priscilla.” Dylan replied testily. “What’s going on?”

“Come on Dylan, be a sport. Don’t make me ruin the surprise.” Priscilla said.

“I think I’ve had my fill of your surprises.”

This time the Priscilla’s hurt wasn’t feigned. She looked out the window for a long moment before she said, “You still haven’t forgiven me.”

“You could have died,” I started angrily, then added more softly, “and it would have been my fault.”

Priscilla’s eyes snapped back and held mine. “You mean you’re not upset because I jeopardized your career?”

“I- well, err- I mean I’m not happy about that either,” I stuttered, caught off-guard.

“So you care about me,” Priscilla pressed.

“Obviously I don’t want you dead!” I said, irritably, not liking the direction the conversation was taking. “I think that’s fairly standard.” 

Priscilla looked me right in the eye and said with quiet intensity, “Not where I come from.” 

I was at a loss for words and while I struggled to find something to say Priscilla darted forward and pushed her lips against mine effectively sealing any protest. I tensed reactively but the warm pressure of her lips gradually overwhelmed my resistance and I began kissing her back in earnest. Our tongues entwining and for a time the world disappeared. I languished in the sweet heat of her breath and plush softness of her lips. Then the kiss broke like spell and reality came rushing back. We were both panting to catch our breath. 

“Lets continue that later.” Priscilla said with a devious smile.

“Sure,” I said breathlessly.

The rest of the ride was uneventful. When we pulled into the underground garage of the hotel a concierge was there to open the door. Priscilla stepped out first and I followed behind her. Immediately, I felt out of place. Where the Phi Kappa Fum house was gaudy in its opulence, The Millenial was audacious in its display of wealth. The doorways, if they could be called that, were twin arches spread beneath the wings of a massive platinum eagle. As we moved into the foyer a dazzling array of lights and precious metals blinded me for a moment. 

A concierge emerged from the glare and spoke to Priscilla, “Mam, your usual table has been prepared. And a room-”

“That’s fine.” Priscilla interrupted. “We’ll be dining immediately, I’m famished.”

“Very well, should you require anything at all please let me know,” he said then nodded deferentially and departed. 

Priscilla turned to me and said. “Let’s eat.” Without waiting for an answer she turned and walked purposefully towards the elevator. I trailed behind, taking in the decor. The avian theme was pervasive, from talon capped balustrades to lighting recessed in cruel-looking beaks. It felt very much that I had walked into a den of predators. Fortunately, we didn’t have to wait for the elevator. Once inside Priscilla swiped a key card that caused a number of previously unlit floors to light up, 

“You have some kind of special access?” I asked.

Priscilla shrugged, “I have investor access.” I had no idea what that meant, but I didn’t press. We rode the elevator in silence while a stole the occasional glance at my date. Something about Priscilla seemed different… was she taller? I started to ask when the elevator open upon a softly lit hallway that lead into an expansive dining area complete with grand chandeliers and astonishingly tall bank of windows. I felt incredibly under-dressed in my ratty sneakers and plain white t-shirt. A tuxedoed maître d' looked up as the elevator opened and smiled at Priscilla, “Welcome back to Triturati, someone will show you to your table in just a moment.”

“Thank you but that won’t be necessary, I know the way.” Priscilla said, flashing a smile. I followed her through a sea of white pillars and black tables until we reached a spot by a long bank of windows. Looking out I could see half the city; pinpricks of light moving down lines that could only be cars along streets. Priscilla’s hand on my arm brought my attention away from the astonishing view. “Ever been in a megascraper before?” she asked.

“No,” I said looking back out the window. “How high up are we?”

“About a third of the way up the tower, one hundred and fifty floors or so.”

“Wow.” 

“Lets sit. You can enjoy the view while we eat.” I stared out the window for a few more minutes before turning back to the candlelit spread and Priscilla. The candlelight, the hotel, the view- all of sudden I realized we were on a date. It should have been obvious from the beginning but I’d been so preoccupied that I hadn’t put it together. Now that I knew, I wasn’t sure how I felt about it. On one hand Priscilla had used me, but she was also giving me a chance to experience something I might never have otherwise. Maybe this was her way of apologizing.

“What did you want to talk about?” I asked conversationally.

“Whatever changes you made to the serum, I think it worked.” Priscilla said, an edge of excitement creeping into her voice.

I cocked my head at her and said, “What do you mean it worked? I’ve been doing damage control so that you don’t experience another unchecked growth spurt. As long as you keep your sexual urges in check it should be fine.”

Priscilla bit her lip, “I know that's what you said but…”

“What! Did you masturbate?” 

“Can you speak up!” Priscilla said peevishly, “I don’t think the kitchen heard you.”

I was quickly losing my cool, “Fuck the kitchen Priscilla, if you orgasm there is no telling what could happen.”

“Well, that’s fine for you to say- you don’t have to live with an overactive libido.”

I laughed, “Sure I do, I’m a teenage guy remember?”

“Oh and you are practicing abstinence then? How’s that working out for you?” Priscilla fired back. The escapade with Molly and Britta flashed through my mind and I blushed. Priscilla guessed my guilt and said, “That’s what I thought.” The waiter came by to get our drink orders. When he left Priscilla continued, “Look, I don’t want to argue with you. I wanted to tell you that the growth seems to be in check. I only grow a little bit each time.”

“Each time? As in more than once?” I said, barely containing my agitation.

“The first one was an accident. I was trying this thing I read about called edging and-” 

“Edging? What in the- actually nevermind. I don’t want to know. How many times did you… you know.”

“Eleven.”

“Eleven!” I hissed. 

“Yes, and I only grew an inch.” Priscilla said as if that settled the matter.

“I thought you looked taller,” I muttered, running some quick mental math. “I’ll need to take some new samples.”

“I thought you would be happier,” Priscilla sounded disappointed.

“I’m worried. Your body is mutating at a rate that is hard to keep up with. I don’t know how long we can keep this a secret. The other girls will grow over the coming months but if you keep… having orgasms, there will be no way to explain your rate of growth.”

“I know,” Priscilla said. “We’re in this together Dylan and I have a plan, but I need you to trust me.” 

I met her imploring eyes and sighed. “Okay, what’s your plan?”

“I can take control of the research from GeneTech, enroll myself in an accelerated R&D program, and take classes remotely. I can leave off anything incriminating in my reports to Fempire HQ while also avoiding being seen by other students.” 

“Sounds like you’ve put quite a bit of thought into this,” I said cautiously, “How do you plan to get control of the research project?” 

“GeneTech is receiving funding for the project from Fempire and the current research lead is temporary. All I need to do is get a new research lead approved and recommend moving the project to a more secure location.”

The candle flickered between us while I considered her proposal. “Who would lead the project?”

“Me.”

“You can’t be serious.” I said incredulously.

“I have the qualifications.”

“You’re an undergrad, same as me!”

“I’m also a genetic masterpiece and have been studying genetics my entire life.”

“Humble too.” I added sardonically.

Priscilla laughed, “And don’t forget, my mother runs the company. Besides, I won’t be doing it alone. The contract you signed guarantees you work for Fempire for at least two years.”

“What contract?” I said, confused.

“The NDA.”

“The NDA… wait, what? Are you serious? You had me sign a contract that forces me to work for Fempire?” I said angrily.

“That was before I knew you, I was being cautious.” Priscilla with a matter-of-fact tone. “Anyway, don’t get so upset. I can nullify the contract.”

I leaned back. “Oh, I guess that’s not so bad.” 

“If you come work for me.” Priscilla finished. “At least through the end of of the school year.”

I felt like I was getting whiplash. “You mean you’re going to hold me to that contract?” I could barely believe what I was hearing.

“Would you rather be pulled from the project?” Priscilla replied archly.

That caught me off guard. “Well, no.”

“Alright then what is the problem?”

“I don’t like the idea that I’m not in control of my life.”

Priscilla grinned, “That’s right,” she sang, “I own you little man.” 

I answered her grin with a scowl and sad, “This isn’t a joke Priscilla. I’m not a pawn in whatever game you’re playing.” 

Priscilla’s smile faded and she turned away, pained lines creasing her face. A long silence passed before she said, “We are all pieces in someone’s game, but you’re not my pawn Dylan. If anything you’re the king- If I lose you the game is over. Even so I- I’m sorry for getting you involved.” She met my gaze, and the flickering candlelight glittered the tears her eyes. Her voice broke, “I-If I could take it back I would, but it’s too late now. Maybe it was too late before we met.” 

“I don’t understand,” I said, shaken by her confession.

She rubbed the back of her hand across her eyes. “I know, and I can’t tell you here. But I will. I’ll tell you everything. I promise.”

“Of course, why start being honest with me now? Maybe I should just walk away. What if I just get up and leave right now?” I said, glaring at her across the table and acutely aware of my angry voice echoing out over the near-empty restaurant. 

Priscilla shook her head. “Nothing at first. After a while you’ll get an offer for a job. Only it won’t be just any job, it will be this job I’m offering you except with a different company and a different title. But it will be the same research.”

“You’re telling me that no matter what job I take in genetics this project will follow me around? How is that even possible?”

“When GeneTech Global wants a job done- it gets done.” Priscilla replied flatly.

“And if I abandon genetics research entirely?” I asked angrily, nearly shouting. If the restaurant hadn’t been so empty I would have been concerned about drawing attention, but there wasn’t a soul in sight.

Priscilla shrugged, “You might be okay for a time, but after a while a family member would get sick. Or someone would have an accident. The only treatment would be expensive, and produced by GeneTech. How will you pay for it?” Priscilla paused to let the implications of what she was saying sink in. “No matter what you do they will find a way to get what they want.”

“You’re telling me I should work for people who would do that kind of thing?” I said angrily.

Priscilla sighed and said, “No, I want you to work for me so you never have to go through any of that.”

“Or what? You’ll come after me?” The tablecloth bunched beneath my fingers, a glass wobbled and nearly fell. Priscilla caught it at the last moment.

“No. Dylan, I would never... I... Listen, I am the last person who would wish this on you. I’ve never had a choice. Taking your freedom is the last thing I want.” She sounded sincere but I didn’t know what to believe anymore. 

Just then the waiter arrived to take our order. I’d lost my appetite but Priscilla insisted on ordering for me. I let her do what she pleased while I stewed. Was there really no choice except to get further involved with Fempire? Could I even trust what Priscilla was saying? She had every reason to keep me under her thumb but then again she wasn’t the only one. GeneTech Global, or at least Fempire, clearly had plans for the serum. The research group they had created with the school had been thrown together absurdly fast. Normally a team would take months, years even, to rally around a project as ambitious as mine. And that was the problem, it was mine -- my dream -- to unlock the secrets of genetic perfection and I would have come at least this far with or without Priscilla. 

The waiter arrived with bread and I picked at it without enthusiasm while the dark orange band above the horizon faded until the city below was engulfed in shadow. During the long silence Priscilla withdrew into herself, hazel eyes dark with sadness that seemed at once deep and immediate, like a scab ripped from an old wound. I realized I had to say something. “Okay, I’ll work for you.” When she didn’t look up I added, “I suppose we’re in this together.”

“You think I’m a monster,” Priscilla said sadly as though I had not spoken at all.

“I think a certain beautiful heiress isn’t getting any pity from me tonight,” I said peevishly.

Surprisingly, Priscilla smiled and met my eyes. “You think I’m beautiful?” she asked.

Her comment caught me off-guard. Girls are ridiculous, I thought. Recovering I said, “Of course, everyone does.”

Priscilla flashed perfectly white teeth at me in a smile and said, “That’s the first time you’ve said it... Thank you.” Was she insecure? The waiter arrived before I could think any more on the subject; filling the table with delicious smelling pasta and an array of sauces. My stomach growled in anticipation and Priscilla decided it was time to change the topic. “Well, if you’re not still mad at me we can have a bit of of fun tonight.” She emphasized the type of fun she was talking about by leaning over the table and pressing her breasts between her arms, creating a hypnotic swell of cleavage. They bounced and swayed as she gave me a show. She laughed, sending ripple through the firm gelatin of her bust and said, “You really like boobs huh?” I looked away, embarrassed. “Don’t stop looking, Dylan. I want you to look.” She continued her sexy display by rocking her chest slowly back and forth. “I want you to watch them grow. They’re going to get so big tonight, I can feel it. Don’t you want to watch them get bigger and bigger? All of me getting so big I don’t fit in this tiny little dress anymore?” She must have pressed her arms together harder because cleavage swelled even further- seeming ready to explode from her dress.

Then, as suddenly as it started, Priscilla ended the show. My disappointment must have been obvious because she laughed and said, “Let’s eat first. Later, I’ll show you my room.”

With those words seared into my mind I ate quickly. Unfortunately, Priscilla’s appetite seemed to have grown even more than her body and she ate enough for three people. She heaped pasta onto her fork in seemingly endless bites that caused even the studiously polite waiter to raise his eyebrows. On the other hand the extra time made standing up from the table less of an embarrassment in spite of Priscilla’s surreptitiously lewd behavior; slurping lengthy noodles into her mouth while staring into my eyes, moaning suggestively as they slid down her throat. When the meal ended we headed back to the elevators and I had to resist walking double time, mostly because I didn’t know the way.

The hotel for all its opulence could have been a rickety shack for the attention I gave it following Priscilla up to her room.