- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

If you've ever watched "The World God Only Knows", congratulations! You'll be able to guess the chapter ending from the chapter title!

Sorry about the delay, but the shopping season has begun. I've been . . . taxed.

A thought stewed in Val's mind as she was put back onto the table with the other girls- who was gonna get it first? Yeah, things had turned out okay, but from how the conversation had been going on the trip to Diana's home everyone had been certain that time with the massive girl was a veritable death sentence. 

Val's friends had been willing to kill her.

She had to be just as willing to kill them.

Now that Val was sure Diana was on her side, she effectively had a massive executioner to call in. First on the chopping block was the one girl that Val hated with a passion and was definitely hot enough that she might be a recipient of the six-foot-four lesbian's affections: Evy.

Evy was second-in-command in Anne's little clique, and could definitely have usurped the thinner girl's position whenever she wanted: she had a body right out of Playboy, enough of a brain to maintain straight B's, a slutty attitude that had most guys wrapped around her little finger, and a serious vicious streak to anyone not named Anne. Val was stumped as to why the other blonde took orders, but knew the bitch had to go.

So, when Diana arrived back in the kitchen in the morning, Val had already planned out a way to dispose of her rival.

However, Diana did something unexpected in the morning- she prepared for work, eating a rushed meal of off-brand cereal as she spoke.

"Okay, look. I have work to get to. I managed to swing for Fridays off while track season is still up, but that gives me a Saturday shift to make up the hours. Thanks to someone stripping off half the sole of my left shoe, that foot's been really sore lately," Diana griped, and all miniaturized eyes fell on Tamara- that prank had been her idea (never mind that they had gotten Val herself to do it, a fact that made the blonde nervous as hell). "So, I need someone to get under that foot and be its little comfortable insole. Since Val volunteered to get me off yesterday, she gets to pick which of you spends all day in my shoe."

Immediately, eleven sets of eyes snapped into Val's direction, eleven mouths pleaded mercy, twenty-two hands clasped one another in a gesture of prayer. 

Val had to conceal her grin. "I think Evy should help out," she called to Diana, her eyes never leaving the group of her so-called friends.

Immediately, ten girls sighed in relief, some crying, some promising future kindness- but Evy collapsed to her knees in fear. "No," she begged, "Val, please, I thought we were friends!"

Diana's massive fingers gripped the itty-bitty blonde and placed her gently in the waiting mouth of the sneaker below. "Oh, don't worry, I don't have to run or stomp or anything at work. So long as you get to work, you'll be fine," Diana taunted, allowing her socked foot to creep in after Evy.

With that, Diana got up and left, leaving the eleven remaining girls alone. 

"Hey, I just had a thought," Rei brought up timidly. "Is anyone hungry?"

Val raised an eyebrow- she hadn't felt hungry at all since she shrank, but she had thought it was just nerves.

"So, we can't starve," Anne scoffed. "So what?"

"If we can't starve, Diana doesn't have to feed us," Penny commented. "That means we might not have to wait as long as she thought. That's good, I guess."

"But, if we can't starve to death . . . what else did shrinking do to us?" Kayla let the question hang on the air.

---------

Evy was in hell. Yes, it seemed Diana was treading lightly, not wanting to crush the insole-girl into paste, but that was just more humiliating for the blonde.

A foot. A single, immeasurably massive foot had her helplessly pinned, had her breathing in air tainted with the corruption of trillions of bacteria that had been permitted to fester in this cloth and rubber prison. Evy couldn't get so much as a moment's peace- when her prison wasn't moving at a high enough speed to give her motion sickness, it forced the air from her lungs.

And the worst part? That Evy knew she deserved it for being a damned hypocrite. She exaggerated all of Anne's best traits to impress her, took on her irrational fears and hatreds as her own. This meant letting loose all the vicious bile that came from suppressing her own homosexual tendencies at someone Evy secretly envied: a girl who was openly gay, who kept trying despite her lack of luck in love. The blonde knew that the Amazonian ravenette wasn't her type, there was not a drop of that particular stereotype in her blood; still, though, there was envy there. Evy coveted that self-sufficient self-image, as she grew frustrated by how little progress she was making at cracking her best friend's shell of homophobia.

Speaking of friends, the next time Evy saw Val, the other blonde was dead. One does not sell out their friends to a fucked-up giant. Oh, Evy had plans for what she was gonna do to Val.

Evy was just about to pass out into revenge fantasies when the pressure over her disappeared- Diane's socked foot was no longer pressing her into the insole.

"Here. I'm on break, so I'm giving you a break," Diana muttered- apparently she didn't want it known that she was talking to her shoe. "But that's about it. You didn't rub my foot, so I'm not going out of my way to make things more comfortable for you."

Evy blinked in confusion. "I thought you wanted to kill me!" She yelled.

Diana sighed, sounding more disappointed than anything else. "I never said I wanted to kill you. I said I would, if you pissed me off, but never that I wanted to."

Evy was even more confused now. "Then why are you doing this? Why did you kidnap us?"

Diana gave a sad kind of smile. "I wanted to get back at you guys, at first. I had so much . . . hate. But the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to just get some respect, maybe a girlfriend. I don't really wanna hurt anyone. I mean, not seriously."

Evy couldn't help it- she laughed. "You don't seem to get it. You're a freak, that's why Anne has us mess with you!" It was a reflex at this point, being cruel to people. "This isn't gonna end. Ever! You're gonna keep getting dragged around, and with the way you look you can forget about a girlfriend!"

That touched a nerve. The light of remorse vanished from Diana's sky-blue eyes, replaced with a cold kind of detachment. "Okay, break time's over," she said, placing her shoe back on the ground and preparing to slide her foot back into place.

"What the fuck?" Evy yelled as she was moved. "A break this short can't be legal!"

Diana smirked in amusement. "Oh no, my break goes on for another ten minutes. Yours is over because I just realized that you don't deserve one. And, if you don't get your fucking head out of your ass and give me a foot rub, well . . . I have to climb stairs to get back into my apartment. If I'm not careful, I might just step down a little too hard."

Evy let out a nearly-inaudible cry of terror as Diana's foot covered her and pressed her back into the sweat-soaked insole. 

Evy refused- she knew now that Diana didn't want to kill her, so that meant she was safe. Actually pressing her hands into the soaking, reeking cotton was a definite no. She was better than this freak, damn it! She had had the self-control to pack away her desires, her love, so that meant that this skyscraper of a bitch could go fuck herself. 

For her part, Diana sat and ate, waiting for any sign from below that showed Evy was willing to apologize. Anger stewed in her gut at Evy's words- especially the implication she'd never get a girlfriend. That stung, and if Evy wanted to not be covered in bruises tonight she would have to prove she was sorry for it.

Nothing came. Not a single effort.

Diane had been treading lightly, had not put any more of her weight on her left foot than she absolutely needed to. It had almost looked like she was limping with how much she had babied her left foot. Not anymore. 

Diana decided to put her foot down once, to stand comfortably for the first time since this morning. If that didn't convince Evy to reconsider, then one raven-haired lesbian was going to walk normally for the rest of the day.

Evy was under insane amounts of pressure- her ribs creaked (and a couple of them snapped), her nose broke, she couldn't so much as move. Evy coughed and hacked, unable to form a proper word through all the pain she was in.

Diana, not knowing just how broken Evy now was, took this as continued, willful defiance. "Fine. You know what? Go fuck yourself," Diana muttered angrily, walking back to her register and unwittingly smashing Evy into a red stain in her sock.

The blonde's last thought, ironically enough? 

"Please, let me die."

Chapter End Notes:

Ta-dah!