- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So, I have no new commentary, really, except a small desire to bring up a few things in the End Notes.

The chapter::

Paris's words chilled Val to the bone. "Diana's going to grow me back, Paris . . ." the blonde countered weakly, her ability to argue seriously limited by the amount of fear she was in.

"What makes you so sure?" Tamara asked bluntly. "After all, she might not want to risk you getting her in trouble, like you said we would."

Her ankles broken, her body shrunk, and now her mind beginning to crumble, Val was pushed a hair too far. "No . . . she has to . . ." Val murmured, her eyes wide as she stared at nothing. It was a horrifying concept to the litte blonde- being three inches tall was already a tremendous loss of power to a girl who constantly obsessed over it, but the thought that there was a possibility that she had no way to return to normal, especially due to her own acions, was absolutely abhorrent. "She doesn't have a choice . . . she has to make me normal . . ." 

"Unfortunately for all of us," Tamara responded, "Diana has all the power here, and she doesn't have to do anything for us. We're lucky she's keeping us, because that snake reminded me of something- at this size, almost anything could kill us. If she'd just tossed our stuff and abandoned us, none of us would've made it out of the locker room, let alone lived a week."

Becky shivered. "So . . . Diana saved us?"

"Looks like it," Kayla murmured. "Fuck, I wasn't even thinking about it, but . . . we could have died like a million ways just to the fucking bugs and birds and shit hanging around the school."

"Not to mention people walking around, not watching where they step. Even Diana only really knew what to look for because she knew this stuff existed and how it worked." Tamara had gone down quite the terrifying tangent.

Becky thought for a bit, and posed quite the interesting question: "Diana says she has to work up the money to buy another bottle, right?"

"Yeah," Kayla and Tamara responded, wondering where the younger girl's train of thought was headed.

"Well, she says it's super expensive, but we know she's poor . . . what if it's not as stupid hard to pay for as she thought- maybe we help her afford it?" Becky proposed, proud of herself for the idea.

"With what money?" Kayla asked, incredulous. "Honestly . . ."

***NATASHA***

The mute tried to calm down after two consecutive panic attacks, both helping her realize exactly how mortal she was. She had to find a way to stay safer than she was currently- perhaps by staying in Diana's bedroom, like Val had nearly done?

It was as she had this thought that Diana returned, her shoulders slumped. "I've got bad news," the huge ravenette said bitterly. "I couldn't get the guy whose snake that was evicted, so that danger's not going away any time soon. Even worse, the guy now knows I want him gone, so I have that problem to deal with now, too."

The Amazonian young woman scooped everyone back up and returned them to the table, but Natasha had been quick.

[Can I sleep with you, please? I'm scared.] Natasha's message had been short, sweet, and had enough foundation to it that the other girls probably wouldn't question it. [Also, I need more pencil lead.] This last was because she noticed that the segment of graphite she'd been given was starting to wear down. 

"Hm . . . I'll get you more lead as soon as I can, promise," Diana murmured, visibly tired from a rather long day, "and I guess I can put you on my side table. Just stay where I put you, okay?"

As Natasha nodded, the other girls joined in- "Actually, a sleepover is just the thing to calm everyone's nerves," Tamara nodded, with Becky and Paris nodding assent. Kayla was still rather wary in general, and it seemed that Val had been broken.

Natasha pouted, as the others would get in the way of an attempt at getting some time to explore the ravenette's body, but didn't make an issue of it- it wouldn't help her already unstable position to go defensively claiming Diana as hers.

"Alright then, guys," Diana said, picking up the little quartet of girls and heading off to her bedroom, "just stay right here, okay?" It was then that Diana undressed, and Natasha wan't able to hide her blush this time. It might have been her fourth time seeing the ravenette's nude body, but Natasha swore the sight grew harder to resist each time she clapped eyes on it.

Diana might call herself "lanky", but Natasha had a few other choice words in mind- slim, lean, pale, statuesque, sexy . . . but with no voice, no paper to write on, and no one around her knowing sign, she couldn't express such thoughts. Which, all things considered, was probably for the best. Who knew what the others' reaction would be to finding out about this mad attraction?

***DIANA***

Tired and thoroughly done with the day, the huge ravenette slid into bed. However, she felt generous, and gave some good news before she fell asleep:

"When we all wake up, it'll be twelve days until I can return four of you to normal," Diana yawned, "because someone decided to help me out."

Chapter End Notes:

No, Natasha's thoughts regarding Diana are not anything anyone's told me about myself, sadly. It's what I'd like to hear, given that they're . . . positive alternatives . . . to ways I've been insulted, but it's just not happening, apparently.

Anyway, I'm still seriously considering skipping multiple days in-story, because I have no idea how to fill them. Seriously, that's what I get for not planning around this. The story has a huge hole where nothing happens, and it's kinda frightening.

Also, I had an idea for a story recently, but I have no idea what to do with it because it's still a very vague idea. Should I make it a group thing and let you guys help out, should I partner with someone, or should I wait and do it myself when it's finished?

Anyway, I ask for your reviews.