- Text Size +

Dr. Foley preferred arriving to work early, and this morning was no different. He enjoyed the relaxed morning pace, and his 5am wakeup time provided an ample head-start while the rest of the resort still slept. Even after a shower, dressing, his morning coffee, and a short walk on the beach, he still arrived at his desk before 7am. This morning Dr. Foley reflected on how the once outcast research project had blossomed into so much more than a company, or even a job. It had really become a way of life. A life with incredible benefits, but one that was not without some compromises. 

Some mornings he'd see resort patrons during his walk, usually just curled up and sleeping naked on the sand, and it would get his motor running a little early. A few times he'd even been propositioned. As hard as it was to decline, for liability reasons the rules strongly discouraged staff engagements with resort patrons. The male staff was, however, allowed and sometimes required to provide tonyata for the rotating goddess staff. The practice created some interesting inter-office dynamics. Dr. Foley had first-hand experience, as providing for Goddess Cheri a few times had certainly changed their working relationship. Anyone in the business they were in couldn't be too squeamish about these matters. 

Once at his desk, he leisurely flipped through patron reports. This morning he almost flipped right past Vanessa's profile before reminding himself of the unique situation. Her vitals at last checkin were all completely stable and normal, but as he looked again, he realized she was still progressing faster than they had anticipated. After only one introductory evening in level two, she had already reached eight-foot-seven. During sleep, the sernasa was diminished or even non-existant, being a mental process as much as a physical one. However, if this pattern continued she'd reach ten-feet-six-inches, their normal transition to level three, within one, maybe two days. 

Normally female patrons spent a week or two developing this far. The normal schedule helped ensure their comfort and safety, and also helped with repeat business. Few female patrons scheduled their first trip long enough to get little more than a taste of level two. This pace dramatically increased the resort's return visits, and their profits. Typically adults schedule vacations once a year, but at the resort it was not uncommon to see visitors visit two or three times in a six month period. This was largly due to the endorphin rush and excitement of level two, and their desire to continue the experience. 

Dr . Foley reconsidered his hands-off approach to their 'special' resort guest, realizing it was hard to predict the outcome of Chris' unusually high Rashja levels. If he interacted with too many level two patrons, they would reach level three too quickly. The potential effect on profits meant he'd have to report this to the board, and they'd require clear status updates for the duration of his stay. For a moment, the doctor wondered why he hadn't listened to Cheri's warnings, though deep down he knew. Whenever she spoke he could only half listen, his mind conjuring up visions of her naked and goddess engorged. He'd remember how politely she'd simply taken her Rashja dose from him, and how much more he wished she would do. Perhaps next time he'd have the nerve to ask.