- Text Size +

Epilogue

           

 

 

            Nadia sips on a white chocolate mocha as she sat in the outdoor section of the Starbucks just around the corner from her apartment. She straightens her white blouse and adjusts her black beret as she stretches her legs out before tucking them back under her chair and continues to play with her flip-flop style sandals. She looks out towards the street watching a seemingly happy couple walk across the street.

 

            She sighs a jealous sigh before standing up and grabbing her small black purse and slowly strolling back towards her apartment. The warm breeze blows at her hair as Nadia rounds the corner. The familiar vibrating sound of her phone interrupts her thoughts. She grabs her phone from her purse and then shoves it back in ignoring the call as she walks up the stairs to her, and her sister’s apartment.

 

            Nadia opens the door and tosses her purse on the kitchen table while being greeted her dog Peanut, a cute brown Yorkshire terrier.

 

            “Did somebody miss me? Yeah he did, Yeah he did” Nadia says in a baby voice before standing up.

 

            Nadia kicks off her sandals as she heads into the living room. She grabs the remote and flips on E! before tossing the remote back onto the sofa. Nadia walks over to the corner next to the sofa and crouches down allowing a smile to spread across her face.

 

“Hey Rochelle,” Nadia exclaims as she taps her finger against the glass of a sixty-four gallon fish tank, that her and her sister had converted into terrarium. The floor covered with a square of sod, along with a perfectly scaled house placed in the middle. Several Bonsai trees scattered about along with a dirt path leading towards a tiny lake with guppies in it.

 

Nadia watches as Matt comes out of the house and cranes his neck to look up at her. The sight of the two of them together brings a large grin across her face as she looks down at her ex boyfriend, and her ex best friend he cheated on her with.

 

“Looks like you really got the last laugh after all.” Taunts Nadia as she pulls away walking over to the sofa and stretches her legs out while grabbing her book out from behind one of the couch cushions.

 

# # # #

 

I couldn’t believe that it had been several weeks already. I still am stuck small enough to be Ken’s brother.  However, life has been pretty good. The shock of the whole shrinking thing is well behind me and I’m enjoying life. I can’t say I wouldn’t jump at the chance to be restored, but things worked out for the best.

Needless to say, my girlfriend was far from impressed with my new size. After a week she was already moved on to the arms another man. However, tragedy opens a new path. At least, that’s what I have always heard and it worked out for me. Dallas and I have actually started going out.

 

She would always come over around lunchtime when Chloe and Caitlin are at class and work. Dallas would then look after me so to speak. Everyone tried to make it not sound like a babysitter but that’s pretty much what it was. Then, after a few weeks the babysitter and I started getting a little closer.

 

So when it’s all said done, I can’t really complain. The only thing that bugs me about the whole thing is that we can’t locate the bottle that did this to me. We went back to the shop but Caitlin’s boss; the storeowner said she had sold it to some young lady.  As hard as we tried to locate her, we just haven’t had any luck. As the customer paid cash. So without the original formula, I am stuck like this indefinitely. However, this summer Dallas and I are going to Europe as we have a lead on another bottle.

 

So while I can’t say this is a perfectly happy ending. I can say that it’s a pretty damn good one.

 

The End