- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter Eight

 

            Dallas spied Nadia as she drove down street after street completely oblivious to the fact that Rochelle was following her. Where is Nadia going? Dallas thought to herself as she watched Nadia take a right finally pulling into a strip mall. I should have guessed. Sunsational Tanning. Great Dallas thinks to herself as she waits a few minutes then heads into the building followed by Rochelle.

 

#####

 

            “Are you sure we can trust her Chloe. I mean she did steal Sam?” nervously says Caitlin as she unlocks the door to their apartment.

 

            “We can, Dallas is very trustworthy. She just got forced into a bad situation.”

 

            “I know, I know I just don’t like having to rely on her for something this big. Sam is all that matters right now.”

 

            “We are gonna get him back and you are going to be yelling at him before you know it”

 

            “I hope so. If we don’t my mom is going to be pissed. I was supposed to help him adjust and so far I have shrunk him, lost him, and almost killed him nothing can get any worse.”

 

            “Well you didn’t almost kill him. Hey are you expecting company?” curiously asks Chloe as she heads towards the door as there is another knock at the door.

 

#####

 

            Rochelle dashes out the door as she spots Nadia walking out the door. She glances over at Dallas who is just getting out of her tanning bed.  Rochelle smiles at the attendant and gets in her car as Nadia pulls out of the lot. Rochelle anxiously speeds out of the lot. She looks behind her realizing that Dallas has already spotted her but it no longer  matters. She needs to get to Nadia before Dallas does.

 

#####

 

            “Hey Anna, what’s up? How is tucker?

 

            “Oh he is just fine”

 

            “Great, I can’t wait to get my hands on him” replies Nadia as she walks into the apartment

 

            “I can’t either,” yells Dallas from down the hallway. Nadia dashes into the apartment but not before Dallas gets her foot in the door.

           

            “We can work this out Dallas” Nadia shouts while trying to push the door closed.

 

            “We sure can, just hand over the tiny guy,” Dallas says while pushing her shoulder into the door.

 

            The scene was surreal as I saw the fighting at the door. I didn’t quite understand what was going on, but I knew this was the moment I had been waiting for, with Anna helping her sister try to close Dallas out of the apartment I knew this may be my last chance to get out of the apartment.

           

            I ran as fast as I could towards the door. My body was starting to give out as I approached the door. A chunky black shoe was in the door and as I looked up I could see Nadia and Dallas fighting. I scurried onto Dallas’s black shoe and then slid down onto the floor. I couldn’t believe it worked.

           

            I felt freedom for the first time, but I was unsure of where to go, until I spotted a tote bag looking purse down the hall. Dallas must have dropped. A genius idea popped into my head. If I snuck into the purse now, she wouldn’t ever know, and then once night hits I can sneak out of her house, and then find Caitlin. It all makes sense in theory.

 

            I ran towards the purse and climbed in. Needless to say you can probably figure out the rest. Dallas left, dejected at first feeling she had let down my sister, but then she went to meet with them. I popped out of the purse and explained everything to them from the start.

           

            So that’s how I ended up in this drawer waiting for my twin sister to come back to let me out. Caitlin is quite the protective one. Especially after all that happened, I guess I can’t really blame her.

 

            “Sam? Sam!!” A loud voice bellows.

 

            Well that’s Dallas, she still helps take care of me. She really bonded with my sister and Chloe. They are practically in separable.

 

“Dallas, I’m in here!” I shout, as her footsteps approach.

 

~~Fin~~