- Text Size +

Chapter Six

 

            Morning didn’t come quickly enough. I heard voices swirling about the room but I didn’t dare open my eyes. I wanted this nightmare to be over. I was so close to being reunited with my sister and now I am once again whisked away.

 

            Bright light shone down on me forcing my eyes open just in time to see Nadia’s hands coming down on me. She grabbed me roughly holding me up to her face with a big smirk on her face.

 

            “You get to come home. Try not to look so happy” I can only stare at Nadia with a hint of sadness as she bounds down the stairs. I press a bit against Nadia’s grip in hopes she will loosen her grasp on me.

 

            “Can’t you please take me back to my sister” I shout up to her but she doesn’t hear a thing as my voice is weak and pitiful in this state. My arguments cannot even be heard unless these giants want to hear them.

 

            As we near a midnight blue Mitsubishi Eclispe I try to peer in to see who is inside but the windows are tinted. I pray that it’s not Rochelle but I already know it is. Nadia swings the passenger side door open and slides into the passenger seat.

 

            “So did you get what you came for babe” I look up from Nadia’s hand to see a giant. Nadia releases me onto her lap as she nods.

 

            I gulp at the sheer magnitude of him. He doesn’t look to be a jock or a muscular guy just a normal guy. Blonde spiked hair, average height I would guess about 5’8”. He starts to lean towards Nadia. From my diminutive size, the entire act looks gross as his mouth opens a bit and Nadia leans towards him. I find myself clutching Nadia’s blouse as I let her blazer cover me.

 

            “You know I love it when you wear that school girls uniform.” He says as the car rumbles to life.

 

            “Anything to keep my man happy.” Replies Nadia as her fingers reach around me.

 

            “You are going to be a good little man Tucker or I just might have to show you to my man and from the way you were clutching up against me I don’t think you want that. So you better start forgetting about whatever life you use to have. You are mine now. I am going to see to it that things stay this way.” Whispers Nadia as she slips me into a clear plastic pouch in the front of her backpack.  

 

#####

 

            “Hey what’s wrong with you Chloe? You seem out of it today.”

 

            “Well you see I am not really sure how to tell you this. You see I have some really good news, then some really bad news, then some more good news but not quite as good as the first good news”

 

            “Wait a minute, just tell me what is going on” Caitlin says with a confused look spread across her face.

 

            “Okay well I found your brother yesterday. I was going to tell you sooner but you see it leads into the bad news he is missing again. I left him on table you see right here and when I came back he was gone. You see but on a positive note we know he is alive so if we…”

 

            “Wait a minute, what do you mean he disappeared, how come you didn’t tell me sooner?”

 

            “Well umm, it was supposed to be a surprise, and it all happened so fast I wasn’t really thinking. I found him and was so happy that he was okay you know. He was not even home that long. Then I came back and he was gone. I am so sorry. I feel horrible.”

 

#####

 

            I pounded against the plastic wall as Nadia walked across campus. People were everywhere not even paying me a thought. I was starting to think that I was too insignificant to even be noticed when I saw a brunette staring at me. She was walking with a guy and was pointing me out. I started frantically trying to wave my arms. My heart leapt as she rushed towards Nadia.

 

            “Nadia? Is that you?”

 

            “OH MY GOD!! Rachel!” The brunette’s arms wrap around Nadia and the backpack pushing me firmly against the back wall. I struggled for air briefly, before her mighty grip is released. I cringe as I watch Nadia unceremoniously let her backpack fall the ground. I find myself staring out at a vast plain of green grass. I crane me neck up to see Nadia intently talking to this Rachel girl while her boyfriend stands around with a bored look on his face.

 

            Time passes by slowly until finally, he says something to her and I watch them quickly kiss and he walks away. I kick at the plastic wall in anger as I find myself stuck in this hell. My torment doesn’t go on for long though as I hear the two girls say their goodbyes and Nadia slings the backpack over her shoulder as she heads towards what looks to be the science building.

 

#####

 

            Rochelle pulled up to the chi omega house, her stomach was in knots at the thought of getting to hold her little man again. She knew how territorial Nadia could be and this would be her best chance to claim the little guy as hers. Their was a lot she could do with a little man. Most of all, she wanted to make sure she got the guy this time.

 

            Rochelle ran up towards the Chi Omega house wearing red hooded sweatshirt and some grey sweatpants with red trim. She had a plaid hair scrunchy pulling her back into a tight pony tale and a pair of white converse tennis shoes with red trim to complete the outfit.  

 

            Swiftly Rochelle ran up to the house knocking on the door. She could wait no longer and pushed the door open nearly smacking Kate in the face.

 

            “Let yourself in why don’t you?” smarts Kate as she glares at Rochelle.

 

            “Oh stuff it Kate, I don’t have time for your games this morning. Where is Carolyn?” blurts out Rochelle as she starts heading up stairs.

 

            “She is in the shower,  if you are looking for the little man he isn’t here.” Kate watches Rochelle stop dead in her tracks. Rochelle’s head whips around as she madly glares at Kate.

 

            “Where is he then? You didn’t lose him did you? I knew it was a bad idea to let Carolyn take him. She couldn’t even keep a pet rock alive” says Rochelle as kicks at he baseboard stomping back downstairs.

 

            “Nadia came by with her boyfriend I think and took him. He didn’t come in but I saw him in the car as I jogged up to the house. He is such a cutie. She gets all the good ones.”

 

            “Don’t I know it.”

 

#####

 

           

            I screamed Nadia’s name as she tossed her book bag down on the floor next to a lab table. I was violently thrown into the plastic wall only this time I felt the wall give under my weight. I plummeted to the floor.

 

            I looked around the now massive science lab. I remember I had this class back at my old college. My memories of boredom were interrupted as I felt the floor quiver a bit. I stared up at four colossal pillars. It was Nadia and some girl. I couldn’t believe how tall they looked from this level. I hadn’t seen these giants at ground level for quite sometime but now its all rushing back to me. The fear, the panic, the terror, I scurry back towards Nadia’s bag as I would rather be enslaved by Nadia then crushed by one giant step.

 

            “Oh I have something to show you. Can you keep a secret.”

 

            “Yes! I am your sister you know.”

 

            “Yeah, kid sister. Smirks Nadia as she bends down reaching towards me, her eyes bug out a bit as she sees me outside of her pouch but she grabs me nonetheless and sets me on the table.

 

            “Umm so you made me get up early, come to class like 30 minutes early so you can show me a Barbie doll? Whoa it moved, did you just see it move. Nadia it just moved. Not like a toy move but a move, move. Its squeaking oh my god its squeaking.”

 

            “Settle down, look you know how we are moving in together next month. Well I need you to take him until then. You cannot show him to anyone. I am serious. Rochelle and I found him in this purse I bought, you see. Its complicated, anyway you cant show him off to a single person not even your best friend.”

 

            “Its really real isn’t it? I mean he is alive?”

 

“Yeah he is, his name is tucker. He keeps lying and saying other names but don’t listen to him. This is serious though, I am trusting you with something important.”

 

            “I promise, now can I please touch him. I wont show anyone. I swear you can trust me. You have never let me in on any of your schemes before so I know this has to be important.”

 

            “What’s the number one rule?” Nadia says in a serious tone as she squeezes me tightly pushing the air out of my lungs.

 

            “You fuck over your friends, do what it takes to succeed, Lie, cheat, and steal to get your way but don’t fuck with family”

 

            “That’s my sister here ya go” says Nadia as she opens up her hands. I nervously look out at her younger sister. She grabs me quickly; her fingers dig into my side as she holds me up in front of her face.”

 

            “He is so warm, his tiny expressions are so cute. Don’t worry little fella, I will take good care of you. I am just going to put you in my bag.” I was a bit taken aback by her niceness. It was different then Nadia.

 

            “I am going to drop some of my stuff by later alright?”

 

            “Okay, I will be around”

#####

 

 

            “Carolyn I thought we had a deal” yells Rochelle as she sits down on Carolyns bed.

 

            “We do, I just don’t know where he is. I swear.” Pleads Carolyn.

 

            “That’s not what Kate downstairs says. She was saying Nadia came by and took him. So that make me ask why are you lying. You are suppose to be my girl and yet here you are lying to my face.”

 

            “Well if you believe Kate over me then we were never friends were we.” yells Carolyn as she pulls a t-shirt on.

 

            “I guess not” yells Rochelle as she storms out of the room.

 

            Carolyn loudly exhales as she closes the door locking it behind her. She dashes over to her nightstand pulling out her cell phone then falling backwards onto her bed.

 

            “Hello, Nadia we have a problem. Rochelle was just here and knows something is up, yeah well Kate talked to your boyfriend.  Yeah I know, well like you said its just for a bit longer then you can cut him loose. Besides, it’s not like you don’t already know he is sleeping with Rochelle.”

 

#####

 

            “Lets just go to their house Caitlin. I know where they live, and Sam needs you. All he could talk about was getting to you, getting to you, and all you have talked about is finding him, finding him, fuck your classes lets just go and do it.”

 

            “You are a good friend Chloe.”

 

            “Yeah I am aren’t I” both girls start laughing as Caitlin then playfully pushes Chloe on their way out the door.

 

 

 

#####

 

 

            Everything around me was in constant chaos as books, pens and pencils, and god only knows what else jumbled about the army green denim backpack. She had the shoulder strap pulled over her neck as the backpack bounced against the side of her hip as she walked.

 

            “Help! Get me out of here!” I yell as I fight for my life inside of here. I push my way to the corner of the backpack where I grab a loose bottle cap and hold it in front of me as I curl myself up into a ball.

 

            The constant turmoil continues for quite sometime before I feel a sharp descent and then bright light. Powerful hands start pushing these massive objects out of the way. I can see her eyes scanning for me. They finally lock onto me as she reaches for me.

 

            “Hey little Tucker, how are you doing? You didn’t get hurt did you?” I wanted to snap at her. The stupid girl had almost gotten me killed and yet as she looked down at me she looked so concerned I couldn’t bring myself to snap at her.

 

            “I’m fine. Could you please call my sister,” I beg as I stare up at her gargantuan frame.

 

            “I don’t think so, I think its time you start to get settled. This is your home now. If you don’t understand that, I guess I will just have to force it upon you. You can’t expect little pets to fully grasp things to quickly.”

 

            Everything speeds by in a blur, my stomach starts to settle a bit as I hear cupboard open and close. The girls hand starts to tilt, I grasp onto the side of her hand but it’s no use I find myself tumbling into a plastic coffee mug. It’s a the giant kind you get at gas stations with the cheap refills. I look up at her for but a moment. She has a pout look on her face as she slams the lid down and opens the door to the fridge.

 

            “I will check on you in a bit. I hate to do this, but you need to learn this is your home. You only need Nadia and myself, we will take good care of you.” I heard the door slam shut as my prison grows colder and colder.

 

######

 

            “Hey Rochelle whats up, I got your message. What do you mean where is Tucker, I stopped by to get him this morning and Carolyn said that you picked him up. Yes I am serious. Yeah I think she might be too. Look meet me at Carolyn’s house in 20 minutes. Wait for me though okay?”

 

######

 

I couldn’t believe how cold it got so fast in this cup. My whole body was shivering as I sat here in absolute darkness. I rested my head against the side of the glass.  My mind began to wander back to the beginning of this all. If only I didn’t touch that perfume, or hide in that purse. I am probably going to die in here because I couldn’t do what Mrs. Nelson my kindergarten teacher taught us. Keep your hands to yourself. I don’t think any wiser words have ever been spoken.

 

Bright light came shining down on me, the light was so bright my eyes wanted to shut, the scent of jasmine wafted in as warm air filled the cup.

 

“Chloe? Is that you?”

 

“Nope, just me Anna, Anna Slovik. I have a question for you. Where do you live?”

 

“I live with my sister and Chloe. I wont ever admit to living with you or your fucking sister. You both are going to pay when they find me.”

 

“Oh they are going to find you here huh? Why would they ever look for you here. They don’t even know where I live. I am just a lowly college freshmen, here cause if I want a piece of mom and dads money I need college a degree in business. I’m sure you don’t mean that. Its hard to get use to a new home. I know, why don’t we go to my room and get to know each other a bit more.”