- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

One of my incentives to keep going is that I want to write a story that people will remember. I want to inspire aspiring writers. Writing a decent story takes ages and hopefully won't get distracted too much.

Persephone continues to fondle her breasts, sensually. It's like I'm watching a video of a glamour model. Well, I sort of am, but this is...oh gosh...! This is too much! I wish she wouldn't torment me like this! Now she's giggling too.

"W-what do you mean? How can I help you?"

"We need to kill Eris."

Sorry, what? How the fuck am I suppose to help out with that? I only have a Laser Fighter.

"Nyx wants to be Goddess herself. I think Nyx would be a good Goddess, but, the way I see things, as far as Nyx is concerned, we're both simply pawns in her grand plan.

"For now I work with her, but ultimately, there has to be some way to decide who gets to become the new Goddess. Or if there even is a new Goddess. Being an Angel is pretty lonely but I don't really have a choice since Eris is so vicious to everyone.

"I wish you could join me and we could then travel the universe together in peace. And, I'm sure you'd have lots of time to play with my twins, which I can assure you they'll simply adore. Isn't that right ladies? Mm...yes.

"How can I be sure you're telling the truth?"

"Eris has been a little drunk on power recently, insane even, I think we can all agree on that, and it's costing us, we as in the Pantheon you humans fight. Both Nyx and I want to be rid of Eris, but I think Nyx has an ulterior motive. Anyway, if we spend too much time talking she will get suspicious."

"I guess so."

"And from now on you shall be known by the codename of Heracles. That's what I will call you. Don't tell Nyx. Got that?"

"Yes ma'am!"

Persephone grins. Her smile reflects the enthusiasm she has and I don't. Eris sounds like a great strategist and I'm not convinced that we can succeed. Eris is both vicious and extremely smart, as evidenced by recent events.

"You're such an obedient little one, aren't you Heracles? I should stop babying you, the trouble is you're so inferior to me. You should consider the fact that we're letting you live a compliment. It's not often that I can let a Human live. Eris expects results, so, I'm obliged to kill. We all are. Anyway, I believe Nyx has sent someone to escort you out of the hanger, and you'll be shown what would have happened to you. So I'm going to go for now."

"W-wait, I have more questions."

"After I've rendezvoused with Nyx we'll have more time to chat. She promised me I could babysit you for a while, on my flagship. I'll see you later."

Babysit? I'm an adult. How can they do this to me? Then again, deities have never been ones to respect free will so it's to be expected I guess. The story of the Great Flood in the Kible and Boran springs to mind. You forcibly wipe out a flawed creation but allow it to return to its flawed state afterwards...hmm...makes perfect sense.

It's only when the screen goes blank that I notice a person in a plain black spacesuit, with a black tinted visor, in the hanger in front of my ship. Realizing I've spotted them, they apparently start signalling for me to come out and follow them. I don't know if I should trust them, but I probably don't have a choice in the matter.

It's likely Nyx sent them to escort me. Not wanting to keep them waiting, I don't think twice. As I climb down my ship, the person approaches me.

I want to say hello properly, but I don't think they'd hear me. It doesn't seen like there's any air in the hanger. Plus, it looks as if their spacesuit is at least as thick as mine.

Without warning, the person grabs my arm. I give them a fierce look, and, in a desperate attempt to break free, I kick them in the groin. Unfortunately, it doesn't work since their spacesuit is armoured, and the person surprises me with a pistol of some sort: Short, stubby, black and with a scope mounted on it.

Startled, I allow the person to pull me to the exit door of the hanger. It's no use resisting now. It's like they say: You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word.

I'm pulled into a long narrow corridor. Being entirely grey and with some flickering lights, it has a kind of dystopian feel to it. After the door to the hanger closes behind me, the person removes the helmet of their spacesuit.

Underneath is a frail man, with greying hair, long and unkempt, who is probably not that much older than I am. He looks distressed. Could this be me soon? Is this my destiny? Rotting away in the underbelly of Nyx's flagship? Is this what happens to those they capture?

"You can remove your helmet now," he says, with obvious annoyance in his voice.

Not wanting that gun pointed at me again, I do as he says and begin to remove my helmet. As I remove the helmet, I see the world becoming clearer, suggesting I've been breathing quite heavily. Normally these things do a good job of removing condensation.

"You're expected Sidney," he continues.

"How do you know my name?" I inquire.

"Don't interrupt me, or Nyx will have to discipline you."

I nod in reply. I definitely don't want to irk this man anymore than he already is. I better just stay quiet until I'm requested to speak.

"Follow me."

The man turns left and begins a brisk walk along the corridor, keeping the gun pointed at me by keeping his arm behind his back. After walking for a couple of minutes in complete silence, the man makes a sudden left turn and I'm led into another corridor. Like the previous corridor, this one is dimly lit and lacks any noteworthy features.

Having walked for another few minutes, the man stops when we arrive at a brightly coloured orange door. The man leads me inside and I immediately notice my name is written on a piece of paper in the middle of the far wall of the room, lit up by a single bright light bulb built into the ceiling. The black sans-serif text stands out against the greys of the wall. It's like Persephone says: They've been expecting me.

Above my name is the portrait of two immaculate female legs, probably Nyx's. The camera is pointed upwards at the Angel, who has her hands on her hips, making it a powerful pose. Above her hips, her body disappears underneath a glowing white light – implying the photograph has been heavily edited.

Beside the text is a comfy looking bed and a metallic chest of draws. On the other side of it is a plain white desk, with a decently large black monitor on it, a chair and another door. This door is grey like the walls, and probably leads to the en-suite.

The man presses something on on the arm of his spacesuit and brings the arm up to his face. Just as he begins to talk into the device, his voice now devoid of its previous grumpiness, he turns to look at me. He speaks in an unexpectedly cheery voice, as if talking to his lover.

"Mistress, I'd like to confirm that Sidney is in his bedroom. Over." he says.

When the reply comes through, his face lights up. I hear a familiar feminine voice – that of his mistress. That has to be Nyx talking to him. There's no mistaking that sultry voice.

"Well done, Wayne," she says in an uncharacteristically high pitched voice, as if talking to a child, "Remember to show little Sidney how the monitor works...over."

"Yes, anything to get a naughty little peek at your beautiful face. Over."

Wayne's eyes widen as he awaits a response from his master. When Nyx replies, she returns to her usual, slow, passionate voice. Gosh, that voice. It still manages to send shivers down my spine.

"Mm, you'd like that, wouldn't you? But you're not worthy. You know that. You've been loyal, but you're still only a human. And asking me only makes me more determined to hide it from you. If you're good, maybe I'll allow you into my pedicure chamber later, to kiss my feet. Maybe. Right now I have a ship to crush. And, you know how much I love scrapping ships. Don't you, Wayne?

"Yes Mistress."

"So if you disturb me again, I'll be forced to discipline you. Once you've shown Sidney the bedroom, go make yourself useful elsewhere. I don't want to here another peep out of you. As for you Sidney, I want you to stay right where you are until further notice. Wayne won't hesitate to restrain you, will you, Wayne? Over."

"Yes mistress. Over."

"Once Wayne has left, turn on the screen. I have a surprise waiting for you. And I expect you too, Sidney, to leave me in peace until further notice. Over."

Wayne decides not to reply. That monotonous "yes mistress" was becoming rather annoying. And those eyes. How can he, as a human, look so enthusiastic about his tormentor. Does he actually like her, or is he just pretending to?

He turns to face me again. He scowls, implying he has returned to his previous annoyed state. I hope he's not always this gloomy; but being confined to Nyx's flagship probably does certain things to you.

"Just because Nyx thinks you're special, doesn't mean that you'll receive any special treatment," he says in a grumpy tone.

"Look, I'm sorry we got off to a bad start..." I reply, trying my best to be conciliatory, before Wayne cuts me off.

"To turn on the screen you press the green button. The green button will light up when someone is requesting a video call. The red button turns the screen off. There are buttons for volume control too. All pretty self explanatory."

"Alright. But I'm serious. I want us to get along. It doesn't look like there are many people to talk to around here."

His eyes narrow. Why is he so suspicious of me? I can't think of anything I've done to deserve this contempt.

"You really have no idea, do you? I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to get to know each other later. Right now I have to go and help to prepare Nyx's dinner. If you're not careful you may form part of the menu."

When he finishes speaking, he doesn't wait for a reply from me, and abruptly leaves. Not wanting to cause a fuss, I stay quiet and turn my attention to the monitor. When I turn it on, I get quite a shock.

The screen displays the recording of a camera somewhere atop Nyx's flagship, in between two of the fingers – I think. The fingers of the hand have the human flagship within their grip and are literally crushing it. In the lower portion of the screen, I see the top of my former home not looking so state of the art anymore.

How can she treat a ship that huge like it's nothing? I've seen a lot of frightening things in my life, and this has to be one of the most harrowing moments. I wonder what must be going through the head of the ship's captain right now.

And to think she said she enjoyed crushing ships. Even if she didn't want to arouse Eris's suspicions, she didn't need to be so cruel. The ship was already disabled. She and Eris hacked into it.

Something else she also mentioned, if I remember correctly, was harvesting people for Eris. How will she do this? I don't want to find out, but I fear I may just be about to.

In the corner of the screen, I see a huge pyramid shaped ship. The light of the surrounding stars seems to reflect off of it quite easily, suggesting it's quite shiny. It looks as if it is even bigger than even the human flagship – which is not much bigger than Nyx's flagship.

As the pyramid ship approaches the human flagship, several long tentacle like structures appear to be extending themselves from within it. Were it not for those arms, I'd have assumed the pyramid was going to use its tip to ram the human flagship, perhaps slicing it into two or more pieces. Then again, the ship could be designed to do both at the same time?

Naturally, many humans will be unwilling to become a slave, or the lunch, of Eris so she can use the pyramid shape to threaten the humans. Any humans that refuse to board her ship will be forced to suffer a painful death in the vacuum of space. Sure, we have lifeboats, but what use are they out here, where there is no hope of a rescue, or any rocky bodies? Death for the crew still on the flagship is certain.

As the pyramid descends ever closer, Nyx's flagship releases its grip on the human flagship, presumably so that her ship is not damaged during the process of human extraction. It's a slow and laborious process, and I honestly thought her flagship was more manoeuvrable.

For several minutes, Nyx's flagship turns, a full one-hundred-and-eighty degrees, and, fortunately, I'm not made to witness the worst of the destruction. I can't say the same for any of the pilots still fighting out there though. I'm sure Eris has ways of easily dealing with them too.

Still swarming around the three flagships, are many human pilots who refuse to accept that all hope is lost. Many are trying, desperately, to damage the pyramid shaped ship before it rams the human ship – but with little to no success it seems. I admire their bravery, but I also think that they are stupid. It's no use now; try and run away if you can. Our flagship was dead as soon as Eris hacked into it.

Assuming the main event is over, I decide to see what's through the door next to the desk. When I open the door, the contents, a toilet, a sink and a shower, are a bit of an anti-climax. Then again, what else was going to be there?

As I examine the en-suite, I hear Nyx's voice again. She manages to startle me with her angry tone and I immediately rush back out to sit in front of the monitor. I see her chest on screen, encased in the same black satin bra as before.

"Sidney!" I hear her shout.

"It's really nice. I was just having a look," I say, still breathing heavily.

"I saved you from that chaos. Why don't you come and show me how grateful you are?"

"What do you mean?"

"I want you to come and prostrate at my feet."

I thought Eris was the only deity around here? Is Nyx really this narcissistic? But wait, does this mean that I'll finally get to see what her face looks like? This might be the only chance I get to see her face, so I shouldn't make a fuss.

Then again, why am I obsessing over her face? It shouldn't make any difference if I see it or not, so long as I can eventually make it back to Mars in one piece. I suppose if I do whatever she says she'll treat me better; maybe that was Wayne's thinking. I'm sure he doesn't actually want to hate me.

"Would this be in your pedicure chamber?" I ask, after a brief moment of thought.

"Yes," she responds, beginning to grope breasts with one of her hands, "Wayne should be there any moment now, to show you the way. While you wait for him, I left you a change of clothes in the top draw of the chest of draws. And make sure you're quick about it. I'm having Persephone over for some fun later. I'll see you shortly."

"Very well."

Nyx turns the screen off and, fortunately, she doesn't force me to address her as mistress. Does this mean she thinks more of me than Wayne? Or is Wayne naturally submissive? Hard to say for sure since all of the giantesses are so mysterious.

As Nyx stated, there are changes of clothes for me in the chest of draws. The top draw contains a number of new outfits for me. Surprisingly, they are all entirely pink. There are several pairs of pink trousers and t-shirts, all in different sizes.

Is she trying to feminise me? Not that there's anything wrong with pink, but all of the clothes, including the underwear in the draw below, on offer is pink! Scary...

I pick out one set of clothes that fits me. I leave my previous clothes and spacesuit in a messy pile on the bed. Once I'm done, I see Wayne waiting at the door to my new bedroom. He doesn't seem as grumpy as before, but I better not say anything besides a simple greeting – just in case that gun pops out from under his spacesuit again.

"Hi," I say in a monotone voice.

"Hello again," he replies, "Should be the right size; the Angels salvage so much clothes from stray vessels. Nyx makes me wear pink too. I'm not sure why. But I don't question it. We have to be quick so I can continue preparing her dinner. Nyx is bad enough when she's got a full stomach."

How could he let something like that slip? Maybe he doesn't like Nyx as much as I first thought. This could be an interesting topic of conversation later on. I have to find out more about the giantesses.

"So, what have you been preparing for Nyx's dinner?"

"You don't want to know."

I don't want to press him on that. He then commences down the corridor. We continue in complete silence for a couple of minutes along a dark corridor, not passing a single individual. When we reach a plain white door, he abruptly stops.

"She'll be through this door. Be careful in there. I've had to clean several dead bodies from the floor recently," he tells me.

I gulp. My heart begins to beat faster and faster and I start to sweat profusely. I hope I'm not next. How can Nyx not claim to be as cruel as Eris?

"Thanks for the advice."

"You're welcome. I'll see you later."

With that, he departs, leaving me to discover the pedicure chamber. When I open the door, my jaw drops. The ceiling is so unbelievably high! Although I can't put a number on it, a giantess must be at least as tall as a typical Martian apartment complex – which would fit neatly inside this chamber.

The entirety of the chamber is painted white, except ahead of me where an area is marked out in red. It looks like there is an outline in the shape of two feet. Strangely, there don't appear to be any doors big enough for Nyx to enter into the chamber.

Even stranger is that Nyx isn't anywhere to be seen. But I must be in the right place because Wayne showed me the way. I assume he wouldn't lie to me, because that would mean irritating Nyx, and I know he wouldn't want to do that.

"Hello," I call, my voice echoing around the chamber.

There is no response. However, I do hear something bash against the ceiling above me. As I look up, I see two circular holes in the ceiling. Through each of the holes a foot descends, each toenail painted immaculately in a bright shade of red. Nyx is even bigger than I dared dream! She's bigger than the entire chamber!

"Mmm," I hear her moan somewhere above me, "Hello, Sidney."