- Text Size +

Before she could respond, a Dixie cup was lowered over her. She heard a loud pop as Ellen punctured it with a needle. Soon she could hear gas coming and it and drifted off to sleep.

When Ellen removed the cup she saw her lying peacefully on the table. She carefully slid her onto her stomach on the slide and placer her under the microscope where she went to work with her tiny instruments to fix her broken wings. She also remembered her limp so she took some X-rays. Luckily there were no broken bones, she must have sprained her ankle while running. When she was done, she sewed her back up, placed her on a warm pile of cotton gauze, and went to check on Rachel.

"Rachel, honey, are you ok? I promise we'll get Sarah back."

Rachel just lifted her head, looked up at her, and took off into her room. Ellen didn't know what else to do, but knew that with any luck, Sarah would be back home tonight. She just hoped this incident didn't have any lasting effects on Rachel. Or Sarah. She had seen the effects of life under Amber's rule had on the ones she kept. Hopefully Sarah was able to stay strong.

Ellen dozed off for a couple of hours and was awoken by the fairy's voice coming out of the microphone. "Are you there?" she said.

She groggily went over to her desk and asked her, "I’m here. How are you feeling?"

"Good as new", the fairy said flapping her wings and rising into the air. She hovered in front of Ellen's face and she could hear her tiny, excited squeaky voice talking very fast but she couldn't make out the words.

"Um, you need to talk into the microphone. I can't hear you", Ellen told her.

The fairy flew back down, landed on the table and said,

"Oh yeah! Sorry. I feel great! Even better than before. How did you do such delicate work on me? I don't even see any scars" she said, turning to examine her already healed wings.

Smiling, Ellen told her, "Well, you fairies heal very fast when your spirits are high. You wouldn't have even needed any kind of medical care if that bitch hadn't kept you in fear and depression all the time."

Upon hearing Amber referred to as 'bitch' the fairy winced. She had been trained to think of Amber as mistress. But she quickly shook it off.

"By the way" she said, "My name is Ellen. What's yours?"

To her surprise, she had to think for a minute. It had been years since anyone had called her by her real name, "The mis... I mean that bitch called me Tink", Ellen rolled her eyes at this, "Real original" she snorted. This made the fairy laugh.

"Yeah, I know. But I wasn't exactly in a position to argue. Anyway, I'm not 100% sure but I think my name was Wendy". Upon saying it, she remembered right away, "Yeah, my name is Wendy. Wendy ummm, uhhh, I'm sorry I can't remember my last name at all."

"Don't worry, Wendy, it'll come back to you. Now then, are you ready to hear the plan?"

"You bet!" Wendy said, and Ellen laid a could of items in front of her.

"Ok, here's what I need you to do", she said while Wendy looked at what was lying in front of her. "I'm going to return you to Amber wearing that cast. I'll tell her you also broke your arm. Inside the cast you'll have a two way radio and a small pellet. As soon as I leave the room I want you to drop the pellet and the cast into the nearest open water you see. The chemical reaction will produce a gas that will knock her out for days. Don't worry, it's only dangerous to humans. That's why I need you to wait until the air is clear before I can come in to get her. That's what the strip on the radio is for. It's an air tester. As long as its red I can't come in but when it turns green, call me and I'll be right in. Do you think you can handle this? I don't want to force you to do something you're not comfortable with"

Desperate for her freedom and thrilled that someone was actually giving her a say in something Wendy said, "Of course I'll do this. It will mean freedom for me and my friends"

"That reminds me", Ellen added, "Do you know how many people she has in there?"

"I don't know for sure but I do know there are two more fairies, both of them are much bigger than me. I couldn't say how big since to me they seem like fifty foot giants. They're nice though, they tried to help me whenever they could. Then there are the catgirls, two identical white ones. She also has a centaur, she's pretty big, but again, keep in mind who's saying that. Oh, and there are two merman she keeps in a tank, I think that's it."

"Do you know if any of them are loyal to her? Would anyone try to stop you?" Ellen asked.

Thinking about it, Wendy said "One of the mermen seems to really love her but she ignores him lately so I can't say for sure. My guess would be no, I'm pretty sure they all hate her."

"Good", Ellen said, "That will make what I have in mind for her that much better."

After carefully putting the cast on Wendy's arm and making sure everything was secure, Ellen placed the bug carrier Amber had left in front of her.

"I'm sorry to have to do this but if I don't put you in this she might get suspicious. You're also going to have to act scared when I deliver you. She most likely wouldn't even notice anyway since I don't think she takes the time to noticed things like your mood but just to be safe."

"I understand", Wendy said as she entered the carrier. Once in she said,

"Wish me luck", to which Ellen replied, "I'm sorry, the microphone doesn't reach that far, I couldn't make out what you said", as she placed the lid on the carrier and headed out to put her plan in motion.

Amber was in the middle of performing a puppet show with the two fairies she had left when Ellen rang her doorbell.

"This better be good, It took me forever to get those two tied up like marionettes", she griped as she opened the door and saw Ellen standing there, holding her tiny fairy in the carrier. Upon seeing her, the fairy started squeaking and yelling like always but unknown to Amber, instead of begging for mercy this time she was yelling, "You're going down bitch!" and other various insults.

"I see my motivation worked. I knew you could get her fixed sooner than a few days", Amber scolded Ellen. "Yeah, you were right. Now can I please have Sarah back? Rachel is devastated without her."

"Who?" Amber asked, "Oh yeah mean Ariel", no you can't have her. She's being punished right now.

"Punished?!" Ellen asked, trying to maintain her calm, "How? And for what?"

"She knows", was all Amber would say. "Come by in a 'few days' ", Amber mocked as grabbed the carrier with Wendy inside and slammed the door in her face. If Amber had been looking she would have seen Wendy give Ellen the thumbs up as she was taken away.

"A few days! Ha! That should teach her. Teach them both. Shit, if she wasn't such a good doctor, I'd have made Daddy give her and her sister to me by now. Oh well, she can't be valuable forever", Amber said to herself. She placed the carrier on the table and, opening it, said "Come on out Tink. It's time to finish our game." Wendy came out, acting like she always did, sullen and defeated. Amber noticed the cast on her arm and got pissed. "I thought she fixed you!" I don't want some busted up fairy! Take that off, NOW!"

Panicking, Wendy decided now was the time. She flew up into the air, out of Amber's reach. Amber tried to grab at her but with no luck. Angry, she grabbed a broom and started swatting at her. Wendy managed to avoid the huge bristles but the wind knocked her off course and she crashed into a wall. Quickly checking herself for any injuries and finding none, she got ready to take off again when Amber lowered a glass over her. Wendy couldn't hear her through the glass but she could tell she was yelling at her and she was very angry. Amber slid the glass off the counter, placing a playing card under it to trap Wendy. Wendy braced herself during the bumpy ride, not knowing

what was in store for her. Amber slammed the glass down into a pan full of water on the stove and turned the burner on high. Wendy was trapped in the glass as she felt the temperature rise. She was sure she was done for when she saw Amber fall down, like she had been pushed. At the same time, she saw a furry hand reach down and grab for her. She flew up and into the hand. When she was out of the pan she saw that the centaur had kicked Amber in the knee, which at her size normally wouldn't have done too much but since she was distracted, it took out her support and she fell. Then one of the catgirls started clawing at her face while the other rescued her. The other two fairies, having managed to get free from their strings were flying around dropping whatever they could carry. She watched as Amber grabbed the catgirl clawing at her and threw her across the room where she landed and didn't get back up. This made the other catgirl shout, "TAMMY! NO!" and run over to where her friend had landed. When she stood up, she faced the centaur and without saying a word shoved her aside, where she hit a chair and was knocked out. While she was trying to grab the other fairies, Wendy quickly took off the cast and threw it, along with the pellet, into the boiling water. Amber had just managed to catch one of the fairies when she saw thick, blue smoke pouring out of the pan on her stove. "No! She wouldn't dare!" She said as the smoke filled the room. When it hit Amber she started coughing and wheezing, releasing her grip on the fairy who flew over to Wendy and attempted to take her away from the smoke, which she thought was harmful to them as well. Wendy resisted and said, "It's ok. This smoke won't hurt us. It only affects humans" The other fairy then landed and the three of them watched as Amber gasped some more and finally passed out.

The three of them watched for a few minutes to make sure she was out then they flew out into the room to see if the others were ok. Wendy went over to the centaur who was just coming to. "Are you ok Jennifer?" she asked as she stood up, a little wobbly from hitting her head. "Yeah, I think I'll be ok." she replied as Wendy landed on her back and they went over to where Tammy had landed. Her twin, Paula was cradling her in her arms and crying. "She's not breathing! Someone help." Jen reach down, and taking the smaller catgirl in her arms, laid her on the coffee table and attempted CPR on her. After several minutes there was still no change and Jen looked over at Paula, who was sitting next to Tammy on the table and said, "I'm sorry. I've done all I can."

Paula just fell on top of her and cried some more. Jen, with the three fairies on her shoulders walked over to where Amber was laying. She was still motionless. "She said she would be out for days with this stuff. I think we're ok" Wendy informed them. Jen reared up and stomped on her hand a few times to be safe. Despite her small size, the ferocity of the attack managed to break a couple of fingers. "What do we do now?" Jen asked.

Wendy looked at the radio in her hands. The sensor was green now so she turned it on and said, "Ok. It's done" A few minutes later the door opened and Ellen came in. She walked over to the fish tank but didn't see Sarah. "Where

is she?" She asked Jen.