- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is my first story. After years of enjoying great material from talented authors, I've decided to contribute to the community.

Please keep in mind that this is the first time I write a piece of fiction for other people's enjoyment (I am more of the reading type). Also English isn’t my native language, so I apologize for any possible grammar or spelling mistake (although I will try my best to avoid any).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy. Reviews are always welcome.

 

Author's Chapter Notes:

This is going to be mostly introduction of the characters and set-up. Don't expect anything shrink/giantess related.

 

CHAPTER I - What Could Go Wrong?

 

- I did it… I DID IT!!!

Adam Norman could not feel prouder that fateful Friday morning. After a year of sweat and headaches, the 17 years old high-schooler finally finished is pet project. He was almost in tears, not being able to control his excitement over what it has accomplished.

Adam was considered a genius. Nothing but perfect grades, member of the school science club and winner of several science competitions. Both his parents and teachers predicted a fantastic future for this young man.

As expected he was also a huge nerd. But this did not prevent him from building some friendships. Speaking of friends, they were exactly the people he wanted to call over and show them his “masterpiece”, rushing outside the science club laboratory of Rosevalley High-School.

- Dude, I hope this is really worth it – Mike exclaimed, a certain annoyance in his voice – that Counter Strike match was going really well…

- Yeah, this better be good – Riley said.

- Aren’t you supposed to work on group projects in the library? – said Adam, still trying to contain his excitement – I’m sure you’re not supposed to be playing videogames?

Mike and Riley looked at each other and smirked. Those two always did find an excuse for a LAN party, whether it was in the library or in the cafeteria. Mike Lenard was a big videogame fanatic, while his twin brother Riley was more of a noob when it comes to this subject. This did not however stop Mike to keep bringing Riley along during his parties, hoping to bring it to the “dark side”, as Mike liked to describe.

- Anyway here we are – Adam brought the two friend over the science club lab, where Sam and Jerry were already waiting.

Sam Garret was Adam closer friend, since they known each other since childhood. He was also the tallest of the group, measuring almost 6.4ft. Jerry Harper was the more recent member of the group of friends, having been introduced by Sam. He had a somewhat short-temper, which made him the hothead of the group.

- Ah, there you are – said Jerry – We tough you left us here hanging.

- Are you going to explain what this is all about? – questioned Sam.

The 106B lab classroom was usually used by the science club during Mondays and Wednesdays, but Adam was the only one who stayed there at any opportunity. This was more noticeable these last 3 months, to the point where even his friends started to worry about him.

- So as you all know I have been working on something very special. No, something revolutionary. No, scratch that, something historic!

- Dude get to the point – almost shouted Jerry, who was really eager to go back to his laptop. The others were also showing their impatience.

- All right, all right, I get it. I was going to do a small presentation, but fine, I guess we are going to skip formalities. Without any further due, I present to you… The A.R.L. Mark IV !!!

Adam pulled the cover off one the classroom tables, revealing a complex looking machine.

- What the hell is that? – said Sam.

- Is that a laser canon?!! – exclaimed Jerry – Dude, you are not going to blow something up, are you?

- Well, it is kind of a laser engine, but no it doesn’t “blow something up”. It does better. See that chair there? – Adam pointed to an old rusty chair in the center of the classroom.

Mike, Riley and Sam looked at it, still looking frustrated, while Jerry flinched. – HOLLY SHIT, HE’S GOING TO BLOW IT UP!!!

A green flash illuminated the room, while the chair started to glow a bright green glow. And then, nothing. The chair disappeared out of thin air.

Everybody looked shocked, while Jerry turned back, his arm still covering his face.

- What in the… Dude what happened?!! – exclaimed Mike.

- What you just saw was the A.R.L Mark IV in action – Adam said with a big grin on his face.

- The what? – said dumbstruck Riley. Jerry meanwhile was slowly lowering his arms.

- Atomic Reducer Laser. This machine is able to modify the electric field of the atoms of an object, in order to reduce the energy state of the electrons wave function…

- In human language, Adam! – exclaimed Sam.

- Well, it shrinks stuff…

- WHAIT WHAT?!! – shouted in unison Mike, Riley and Sam, while Jerry was still lowering it arms.

- So you mean that chair…

- Yes, it shrunk – gloated Adam, his grin growing even larger.

Adam took some tweezers and approached the spot where the chair used to be, bended over and seemed to take something from the ground.

The four friends approached and looked at what Adam was holding between the tweezers. It was hard to notice, but it was definitely something.

- Here, this will help – Adam gave a magnifying glass to Jerry, who was no longer scared.

Through the magnifying glass, there it was, a ridiculously tiny chair, the same one that used to be on the center of the lab.

- Dude. No. Fucking. Way. – Everybody’s jaw seemed to have dropped.

- I know right? – Adam was in heaven.

- This is unreal…

- I KNOW RIGHT?

- How small it is? – asked Jerry, who went from shit-your-pants scared to very intrigued.

- About half centimeter, or a 1/5 of an inch.

- No way… - The group could not believe what they were witnessing. But it was real. Very real.

Adam started gloating. - Imagine the possibilities, the applications that this can have. Engineering, transportation, ener…

- Yeah, yeah we get it. What else can it shrink? - Asked Sam.

- Well I haven’t tested in a lot of things. Mainly old furniture, but once I reveal this to the scientific community, we will be able to… - Adam was about to finish his sentence when all of the sudden the lights went out.

- Crap, a power failure. Come on, really, right know?! – Adam hated being interrupted during one of his “demonstrations”. A few seconds later the power came back again.

- Ah, good. As I was saying… - However, a strange sound started being heard from Adam’s machine.

- Huh? What is going… - Adam eyes suddenly widened out, an expression of terror appeared in is face – Oh crap. Don’t tell me it is rebooting…

But it was too late. The familiar green flash illuminated once again the room, but this time it was the five boys who started to glow.

For all of them the nightmare has only started.

 

Chapter End Notes:

And there it is. All is set up. Next chapter we shift gear and go into shrinking/giantess material. I will try my best to keep a steady release of chapters.