- Text Size +
Story Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

So, after some pondering, I figured I'd do a follow up story from 'Sweet Tooth' that focusing upon Lilisila and Alicia Tylsiva. It's probably just going to be around three-four parts/chapters in size and will, eventually go into more detail as to how their relationship ended up so twisted. I'm still pondering what to write for something longer, but for now I figured I'd address the general interest of most who reviewed on 'Sweet Tooth'. You don't have to read 'Sweet Tooth' to get whats going on, by the way.

Anyway, lets jump in shall we?

There were forty-six blocks of stone that made up the wall opposite her. Twenty-four made up the wall to her right and eighteen the wall to her left, an iron door having subtracted six from the total. Forty-two made up the floor and forty-four made up the ceiling. They were all roughly cut and grey, filth and insects making their homes in the multitudes of cracks upon the surface of the stones. The dim, flickering candlelight beaming in through the tiny bars upon the top of the door was the only source of illumination. Honestly she would have much preferred living in complete darkness, at least then she couldn't stare at every disgusting and revolting detail of the cell.

This was day fourteen. At least going by the regular meals that was what she assumed. She'd counted almost every stone within the cell in those days, curled up on the thin mat that was her only bedding. Each day she counted one wall over and over, moving onto the cracks upon the stones. The current one on the floor she was tracing her bare toe over in a circle possessed nine cracks. An odd number. She never really enjoyed odd numbers. They always seemed to be... wrong to her. Things should be neat and tidy.

The wall at her back remained uncounted. She was saving it. This was fixing to be her longest stretch in the cell after all and she would need it when counting the same stones grew too maddening. That was growing to be rapidly the case. She forced herself to stop moving her toe in a circle along the stone, the motion stank of neurosis. Instead she drew her legs up closer to her chest and lowered her head, thinking towards something else. Anything else really. Anything but the same walls.

Fourteen days. Three hundred and thirty six hours. Twenty thousand one hundred and sixty minutes. One million two hundred and nine thousand six hundred seconds. Hmm, how long had she been alive? Seven hundred and six years. Eight thousand four hundred and seventy two months. Thirty six thousand eight hundred and thirty seven weeks. Two hundred fifty seven thousand eight hundred and fifty nine days. ...How many hours would that be exactly?

So many centuries. She was fast approaching the middle age period of elven life. It was the time when she was to watch her children blossom into productive members of elven society and gossip with other women her age over this and that. Not so old where she could put her feet up and stop worrying about work but it was getting there with each new decade. A bitter chuckle left her lips as she thought of her daughter caring for her in her old and infirm year's centuries from now. The very idea of that eventuality was so laughable it was pathetic. Pathetic enough that it stabbed at her heart and brought the sting of fresh tears to her eyes.

The threat of madness was not the only reason she counted. No, it was because when her mind was silent it turned to her. When it turned to her it was hard to prevent the tears from flowing. After one hundred years of this... life one might have expected she would no longer have tears to shed, instead she found they came all too easily in her private moments. She mourned. She mourned for her and what she had once been. She mourned for the bright and loving green eyes that had once stared up at her in wide-eyed wonder.

The salty drops dribbled down her dirty cheeks, dripping to the filthy mat below. She sniffled miserably as a sob forced itself from her chest. That wonderful child was gone. In her place was madness born from magic. A hollow creature with her face and her voice and some sick shadow of her former mannerisms. She regretted her part in what had made the madness possible. She regretted never seeing the signs. She was truly deserving of this. Of every indignity placed upon her. She felt as though she was the worst person in the world.

Clattering steps sounded outside of the cell, followed by the bolt outside of the door sliding out of place. The elf whimpered and raised an arm as bright light flooded the dark cell, a shadow stepping into the doorway. Sunken green eyes hesitantly rose towards the figure, pupils adjusting to the change in light. A pair of her own green eyes stared back at her, the orbs alight with cruel mischief. It was her.

Alicia. Her daughter, her failure, her mistress. The youthful elven maiden wore a toga trimmed with purple today, a pair of belted sandals upon her feet. Red hair was allowed to hang about her head in twin pigtails. Her form was perfection and her angular face was the product of some chisel of the gods. Compared to her, Lilisila felt utterly inadequate. Her pale skin was dirty and stained and her clothing was little better than a large and ripped prison tunic. Her red hair was matted with filth and sweat and she possessed a perpetually saddened expression upon her similarly shaped face.

Alicia smiled as she entered the cell, a wooden box in her hands. Lilisila dared not to speak. The stinging memory of her daughter's anger was still very fresh in her mind. She was merely her apprentice after all. The mistress would command her to speak when she wanted to hear her voice. Her eyes turned downwards, averting her gaze away from her daughter. Most daughters feared their mother but in this situation it was most certainly the other way around. Alicia was unpredictable and that was why she so feared her.

The daughter placed the box down on the floor at the side, the sound of light pounding and squeaks within telling Lilisila all she needed to know about the contents. Alicia knelt before the dirty and ragged elf, a child-like smile upon her lips. She wrinkled her nose as she got a good whiff of Lilisila and squeezed her thumb and forefinger against her nostrils. The older elf had gotten used to her own stench from being stuck here, clearly Alicia had not.

"Blech, you are all smelly and gross, Mommy!" She exclaimed, her squeezed nose giving her voice a nasally quality to it.

Lilisila bowed her head slightly. "I apologize, dearest daughter. My cell lacks much in the way of bathing facilities."

The sound of her own voice surprised her. Most of her two week stay here had been in silence. Her voice cracked slightly here or there as her vocal cords shook off the atrophy of the past two weeks. She hated how weak she sounded. She was pathetic, dirty, and without an ounce of control over the most basic aspects of her life. As much as she hated it her head still remained bowed to her daughter, the gesture reflexive by this point in her life.

Alicia grinned. "Well I brought along some helpers to get you all cleaned up!"

With that the elf stopped holding her nose and removed the top of the box at her side. The squeaks and cries from before became more clear and audible as Lilisila's eyes fell upon four tiny and naked humans. Three males and one female. Their little eyes were peering up in fear at the women looming above their prison. The older elf almost pitied the poor creatures. At the moment they were even lower than she was. Considering her lot in life and how far she had fallen to get there that was saying something.

Alicia hummed a little tune and upturned the box upon Lilisila's prison mat. The little humans screamed as they tumbled out of their prison and were sprawled out before Lilisila. Her daughter giggled at the sight, her green eyes glinting with half maddened glee as she leered down at her tiny victims. They lay in a pile of tangled and squirming limbs, trying to disentangle themselves from one another. Alicia cleared her throat, immediately drawing the attention of the tiny beings upwards fearfully.

"My Mommy is all dirty and disgusting. Clean her up or I'll send you to join your friend. I think I can still feel him wriggling in there!" Alicia said, her voice managing to still come off as cheerful as she rubbed at her slim belly meaningfully.

Lilisila watched the frantic squirming of the human grew. The first to disentangle from the pile was a young blonde haired man, who scrambled up to her right foot and started drawing his tongue and fingers over the filth upon her sole. Just from that immediate action the older elf could tell he'd been bred for his role. The other three seemed much more hesitant about their duty. Probably slaves taken from the recent invasion if she had to guess. A quick look back to her daughter was all the prompting they needed to join their companion in his work.

The acts tickled at her feet as she had two working on one and two on the other. Her toes wriggled slightly at the sensation, one that was not entirely unpleasant. Of course to the humans it was probably hell. Her time in this filthy cell had left every inch of her covered in dirt and grime and sweat. No doubt the work was rancid and revolting. Indeed, the brown haired young woman below looked as though she was about to retch as she took in mouthfuls of unspeakably disgusting dirt. Lilisila stared down at her without an ounce of emotion on her face, watching as her form became covered in the filth upon her foot.

Once upon a time she might have enjoyed this treatment. Once upon a time she had enjoyed tormenting humans. She had taken part in the war to bring their kind to heel after all. Her parents had been slaves to the old human empires as most elves had been. She had plenty of reason to smirk and torment the pitiful little creatures as they toiled away. Once upon a time she had passed the time in squeezing them between her toes or suckling on them like candy within her mouth.

Now however, she had perspective. Lilisila knew well what a slave's life was really like. She knew how hopeless it felt and how very helpless one really was. As such there was a small bit of pity in her heart for humans. They were bred and bought and sold like cheap pets and food on the open market. At least three of the ones working diligently to clean the filth from her feet had once possessed hopes, dreams, and families of their own. Now they were playthings, toys, even food.

"There we go. Lick it allll up, little humans, that's your food for a while! Fill your little tummies while you can!" Alicia giggled.

The younger elf's attention turned to her mother once again, her sweet smile still in place. "Anyway, Mommy, it's been two weeks! Have you learned your lesson yet? I hate having to put you in time out, but sometimes you can be so dense!"

Lilisila felt Alicia's knuckles lightly tap at the crown of her head, her stomach twisting into knots at the patronizing gesture. Even still she kept her gaze lowered, watching the humans as they worked for all their worth. The female could no longer keep going it seemed and this time she actually did fall to her knees and vomit, the filth and dirt from her efforts coming right back up. Alicia was paying them no mind.

The Apprentice licked her filthy lips. "I- Yes, dearest daughter. I have learned my lesson and apologize for my transgression."

"Oh? And why are you sorry, Mommy? What did you do wrong?"

Lilisila felt her gut twist again and again, revolted at what she had to say to escape this cell. "Alicia, please-."

Fingers roughly curled around her tangled mess of red hair and Lilisila whimpered as her gaze was forced to the still smiling face of Alicia. The smile was so brittle that she knew it would shatter at a single wrongly spoken word. Behind her green eyes the madness flared up and looked ready to consume the mind of her daughter once again. The mother didn't mind admitting that she was afraid of her.

"What did you do wrong, Mommy? Come on, you want out don't you?"

Lilisila swallowed whatever shreds of her dignity remained and choked out what Alicia wanted to hear. "I-I forgot to change your sheets and pillow case."

Such a simple thing. Minute. Insignificant in the larger scheme of things. Something one would simply shrug their shoulders at forgetting. Not Alicia. Lilisila felt her cheeks sting from the memory of her anger. Tears started to form in the corners of her eyes as she stared into her daughter's eyes, the toils of the slaves at her feet forgotten.

"That's right. You forgot, like a bad Mommy might. You don't want to be a bad Mommy do you?" Alicia asked, her tone lowering dangerously.

"No! Please, forgive me daughter!" Lilisila pleaded, sobs wracking her body and her movements knocking a few of the humans at her feet upon their backs.

The younger elf held Lilisila's gaze for a time before releasing her hair and smiling brightly. Her mood swung about effortlessly, to a degree where it was more frightening that being yelled out. Alicia hugged her mother, her arms squeezing tightly around the filthy elf without a care for her clothes getting dirty. Lilisila slowly raised her arms up and returned the hug, tears dribbling down her dirty face.

"Shhh, it's okay, Mommy. I love you." Alicia said, letting out a coo of pleasure as she snuggled against Lilisila.

Lilisila felt her heart ache. There were times when she contemplated ending it all, freeing herself from this torment. However that most simple of emotions was the reason she couldn't bring herself to do so. Love. She loved Alicia. She remembered the sweet child she had once been and the bright eyed and optimistic young woman she had grown into. There were still fragments of her that occasionally showed. They were twisted and sinister beyond all belief but she still held onto hope she could get her back. She needed to get her back.

Alicia drew back and turned her gaze to the humans below, most of which looked quite sick from their task. The human female was curled into a ball and sobbing silently near a puddle of her own vomit and the slave-bred human was retching on his knees. The others frantically licked at the disgusting flesh of her mother's dirty feet, trying desperately to please the maddened elf they knew well to fear.

"Hmm... I'll forgive you, Mommy. First though, I want you to eat all four of those humans. Filth and all. Consider that your punishment. Then we'll leave together and I'll let you take a nice bath and read me a story before bed." Alicia said, drawing back.

As soon as she delivered her ultimatum, she flexed her right hand. A purple cord shot out from her index finger, exploding into a shower of translucent strings. They paralyzed the helpless humans, keeping any of them from so much as blinking. Lilisila had flinched from the effortless display of magic, her eyes turning downwards towards the paralyzed and helpless creatures at her feet.

Each and every one of them was coated in filth from head to toe. Their expressions were one and all of naked terror. The mother tried to imagine what kind of disgusting hell they had just been through. They had licked and ran their tiny fingers along her dirty soles, lapping up filth, sweat, and dead skin. Under normal circumstances, given how clean she liked to be it wouldn't have been horrible. Lilisila might even go so far as to say some of her past slaves had come to enjoy licking and caressing the smooth and supple flesh of her feet. Compared to the uses most elves could think of for humans, hers were considered tame.

Despite how disgusting they looked and her sympathy towards their lot in life she plucked up the blonde male first. Alicia allowed him movement once more and he started squirming between Lilisila's fingers furiously. Without another word she opened her lips, strings of saliva breaking as her dirty maw opened wide. He screamed and cried and begged but Lilisila blocked it out. It was her or him and she knew that if she had to spend another two weeks in this cell she was going to start talking to herself.

"Wait, please don't-!"

Whatever pleading he'd been about to scream out was muffled and lost as Lilisila shoved him into her mouth, closing her lips around him. Immediately her taste buds felt like they were being stabbed. The rancid and disgusting filthy he'd been working with scouring from her feet was now in her mouth and she had newfound sympathy for the humans. How long had they been at licking it from her feet? Five minutes? Ten minutes? Each second they'd been forced to swallow mouthful upon mouthful of the filth. She couldn't imagine it but she was getting a literal taste of what it had been like right now.

He struggled and squirmed against her tongue and tried in vain to grip onto anything. The older elf flicked him towards the back of her mouth quickly and forced herself to swallow. Her throat muscles protested at the act and truthfully she nearly gagged but she choked the squirming human down with another swallow. Tears stung at her eyes from having to actually taste that and it felt like even if she brushed with a wire brush her mouth would never be clean again.

Alicia put two fingers on her mother's throat, tracing down the passage of Lilisila's revolting snack. He kicked and struggled the whole way down. They always fought the inevitable. In the end it only served to speed his descent and soon enough she felt him arrive in her stomach, little fists pounding against the walls of his prison. Alicia caressed at Lilisila's belly, letting out a low sigh of pleasure.

"I love watching you down human, Mommy. I bet you ate a bunch when I was in here, didn't you? It would explain why I think they are so yummy!" Her daughter said.

Lilisila didn't trust herself to speak without immediately vomiting so instead she plucked up the next human, another male. This time he barely got off a scream before he was shoved into the elf's mouth. This time Lilisila immediately pushed him to the back of her mouth a swallowed hard. The taste wasn't as prevalent this time and another swallow sent him down to join his friend in her belly. Normally she didn't mind eating humans, indeed what Alicia said about her eating quite few during her pregnancy was true. Now however they were settling poorly in her stomach and their struggles were threatening to upset her stomach even more.

"Two down, two to go! Keep going, Mommy, you can do it!" Alicia cheered, giggling as Lilisila picked up another male.

The older elf stopped for a moment, holding the struggling human up as she put a hand to her stomach and groaned. How was she going to be able to keep four of them down? She considered chewing this one but figured that would only spread the filth on him around further. Better to just suck it up. Just two more. If she could just choke down two more she could leave this cell. She took a few deep breaths and opened her mouth again, plopping the third human onto her tongue and swallowing hard again.

This time the human managed to get caught in her throat however and Lilisila made a few choking sounds, gripping her throat and swallowing hard again. That seemed to get the struggling and squirming meal going again as her throat muscles work him down. Tears leaked from her eyes as she breathed easier again, the man arriving in her belly to add to the number of struggling humans within.

There were no words she possessed to describe how sick Lilisila felt. She was a few moments away from vomiting up her meal upon the floor, kept in check by the knowledge that if she did Alicia would probably make her down them again. That mental image very nearly set her stomach churning. The frantic struggling in her belly didn't make matters much easier. Her green eyes turned to the remaining human, her dirty fingers reaching down to grip the frightened woman.

She started struggling as soon as Alicia allowed her, screaming and crying just as the others had. Lilisila opened her mouth but the very thought of putting another filth-covered human on her tongue closed it again. She couldn't swallow another one or she'd throw up. Maybe she could keep three down just long enough for them to start digesting but four would be too much. She dared to look Alicia in the eyes.

"I-I can't eat another one, daughter. Please, just let me out. I'm begging you." The older elf said, her lower lip quivering.

Alicia's smile immediately left her face and her eyes narrowed, freezing the blood in Lilisila's veins. "Well. I suppose you can spend a bit more time out of my sight, you worthless little weakling. If you can't even manage to choke down four measly little humans you aren't much use to me!" She said, standing up and walking towards the door.

Lilisila immediately released the human in her hand and tried to stand, ending up doubling over and holding her protesting stomach with a groan of agony. Alicia opened the door to the cell and turned back to her mother, her gaze dispassionate. "I suggest you try to keep the ones you eat down, Mommy, that's all the food you get today."

Her daughter departed the cell, the door slamming behind her with the sound of a lock sliding into place sounding out soon after. Lilisila crawled over to the door and banged her fists against it frantically, tears streaming down her face. Wretched and raw sobs of desperate sorrow were torn from her lips. Her protesting stomach took a backseat at the moment as the crushing despair that fell over her was even more sickening.

"Alicia! Please, come back! Please let me out! Don't leave me in here! Oh, gods, please... please..." Lilisila cried, Alicia's footsteps fading from her hearing.

"Please! Daughter, please I'm sorry! I'm so sorry, please let me out! Please! Alicia..."