- Text Size +

Best Friends Forever

“Oh no,” Cassidy murmured, looking out the door, lowering her finger down onto Tom.

Pausing and turning his head, “That’s a Van Halen song,” he stated, recognizing the tune.

“It’s the ringtone I use for my friend Katheryn, Katie,” she answered, looking back to Tom as he ingested some of her climax and tongued the corners of his mouth.

“Hot for Teacher,” he said with a grin, letting go her finger. “The album 1984, nice.”

She nodded, “Katie is a teacher, and she is very definitely hot,” Cassidy answered with a wry smile.

“Why would she be calling you at this time?” he inquired, shrugging his shoulders.

Shaking her head, she replied, “It’s Monday night, I was supposed to go to hot yoga with her tonight, Mondays and Thursdays, but given all that’s been going over the last few day I kind of lost track and it slipped my mind,” she lamented, frowning, chest still heaving slightly from her recent release.

“Well go and get it then,” he urged, raising a coated sticky arm and pointing out toward the hall. “Before it goes to voicemail.”

“You’re right,” she said, nodding and vanishing out of the room.

After she ducked out of the room, he rolled onto his side and out of the depression in the sponge, lowering himself down to the counter on unsteady legs, feet slipping on the surface of the countertop. Slick and matted with the leavings of her ecstasy, he carefully crossed over to the edge of the sink, feet slipping as if walking on ice, he peered over the edge of the sink and contemplated sliding down the side into the water still held within. Was it still warm? Sitting down, he dangled his feet down the slope to the water below, bare butt on the edge of the porcelain sink.

He felt pretty confident it was overly deep, the only problem being, at his size, how to get back out.

“No, sorry, I didn’t even realize it was Monday,” he heard her say as she reappeared in the doorway of the bathroom, cell phone at her ear.

“No problem,” he heard a female voice say through the speaker on the phone, “But the least you could do is offer me an ice cold Smirnoff after yoga.” The voice sounded familiar, but he couldn’t place it.

“I’m so caught up in something, another time maybe?” Cassidy offered softly.

“After standing me up? Wait a minute, is it a man?” teased the other voice.

Cassidy chuckled, “No,” she said with a dismissive noise.

Tom shook his head, even to him it sounded disingenuous.

There was a pause. “It is! I can hear it in your voice!” chided the other woman.

“No,” she repeated, “Nothing like that,” she replied, trying to deny the elation seeping through into her tone.

“Come on Cass, you can’t trick me. I know you too well for you to try and hide it from me,” scolded the other woman affectionately. “There’s a new man in your life.”

“No,” Cassidy repeated, covering the microphone of the phone with her hand, the color in her face deepening.

“Tell you what, I’m at the yoga studio now, so I’ll swing by your place after I’m done here and you can tell me all about this new beau of yours,” asserted the speaker on the other end of the conversation.

Moving her hand away and holding it at Tom, “Katie,” Cassidy protested feebly, “We can talk about his another time,” she suggested.

“Oh my god, is he there right now?” Katie inquired.

Cassidy paused, the silence implicating her, “No,” she finally answered.

“Then there will be no ifs, ands, or buts,” replied the other woman, “And just my opinion, it’s about time you moved on from that douche bag ex of yours and found someone who knows how to treat you properly,” Katie stated.

Looking down at the come slicked young man on her bathroom counter and despite trying to dissuade her friend from coming over, Cassidy giggled, the sound pleasant and giddy, giving far more away than mere words.

“Naughty girl,” taunted the voice coming from the phone, followed by a distinctly feline noise.

“A little bit,” Cassidy confessed, touch her left index finger to the tip of her tongue and grinning broadly.

There was a laugh. “I’ll see you in an hour and half, you can give me all the delicious details of your new romance,” advised the other voice.

Call disconnected, Cassidy lowered the cell phone, setting it on the counter away from Tom before shaking her head and grinning down at him, “You see what you do to me?” she said.

Tilting his head as he looked up at her, “Does your friend perchance teach at the prestigious Sapperton Academy?” he inquired, an inquisitive look on his youthful face.

Cassidy half smiled and tilted her head slightly to the right, “That’s right, but how did you know that?” she queried, tone inquisitive.

“That’s the school where Tess and I go,” he answered with a slow affirmative nod.

“Wait a minute, you’re still in school?” she asked. She knew he was young, but it had not occurred to her he might be young enough to have yet to graduate school. She suddenly felt very self-conscious of her age.

He grinned and nodded, placing his hands flat down on the sink to either side of him.

Knowing his age, she also felt conflicted because of the way he made her feel. “Please tell me you’re a senior,” she urged, hoping he was at least eighteen.

Again he nodded, holding up his hands as if to placate her concern, “This is my last year,” he assured.

Letting out an audible sigh, she smiled back at him, his confirmation lessening her feelings of being a cradle robber. Would it have changed how she interacted with him? No.

An odd expression came over Tom, “I think I'm pretty sure I know your friend,” he stated, nodding slowly.

“You know Katie?” she inquired.

“Except I call her Miss Harwood,” he replied.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please feel free to share a review, provide some feedback, or lust leave a comment. It is always appreciated and motivating. Thanks for taking the time to read this story!

 

A note for Tomspeedy - it had been my original intent to name Miss Harwood Selina as I hinted at in an answer to one of your reviews, however, by the time i got around to writing the story, I chose Katie instead.