- Text Size +

Cassidy’s Apartment

With Cassidy, Janine, and Tess seated around the table, Tom paced back and forth on the polished wooden surface, hands behind his back.

Out of the corner of her eye, Cassidy looked at Janine. The blonde girl was absolutely beautiful leaning with her elbows on the table, big blue eyes bright as she watched Tom. Even when she had been in the hospital, she had been stunning. How could she possibly compete with her? Despite everything she and Tom had shared in the last couple of days, she suddenly felt very self-conscious of her looks. That and a stab of jealousy.

“We’ve been pretty lucky thus far the school hasn’t contacted our mother about his extended absence,” Tess shared, her own limpid green eyes tracking her brother’s back and forth motion.

“Any word about possible restoration?” Tom asked, pausing to look up into the face of his sister.

She shook her head. She hadn’t heard from her grandfather in a while and Harrison Kinsley had yet to get back to her.

“Why can’t you just tell her?” asked Cassidy, eyes now on Tess.

Tom chuckled, “You have no idea what our mother is like,” he stated.

“There might be no other way,” Tess replied, leaning back in the chair and shrugging her shoulders. Although he had only been tiny for a very short while, so much had happened and it had taken a toll on the eighteen year old girl.

“Really?” Tom asked, shaking his head. “She would absolutely lose her mind. First she would faint, then, when she woke up, gone, her brain would short itself out,” he added. “And that would be that.”

“I don’t know Tom,” Tess said.

“No way,” Tom said, swiping his hands across his body, much the way an umpire indicates safe at home in baseball. “She would never let me out of her sight, like ever. I know at first we talked about winding up in some BioDyne lab or something, but that would be more preferable than being cooped up with her,” he protested.

“Tom we have no idea how long this condition will last. It’s obvious it’s not going to wear off anytime soon. You might be stuck like this forever,” Tess said dramatically.

The thought had occurred to him. What if he couldn’t be restored? What then? There was no reason he couldn’t still proceed with his education, but he would forever be limited by his size. Looking from Cassidy to Janine then back, he grinned, not that it was all bad. “I know,” he replied. “I just think at this juncture, mom and dad are my choice of last resort,” he advised.

Cassidy nodded without realizing it. She welcomed the opportunity to keep him in her apartment. Tom had only been here a very short time and although the circumstances were assuredly unusual, she found her feelings toward him were already very deep and the dynamic of their relationship very rewarding. Incredibly rewarding as her mind drifted to their previous liaison.

Janine kept her face a serene mask of innocent concern, thought swirling in her head.

“Then what do you suggest?” Tess queried.

“For now,” he started, turning to look at the nurse, “If Cassidy is willing, stay here until we’ve exhausted all other options,” he said.

“Of course, you’re more than welcome to stay here,” Cassidy replied, feeling a surge of relief and delight. She had thought for a moment he would choose to go with the gorgeous blonde girl.

Tess smiled wryly, “I appreciate your offer, really I do, but for how long? I can’t keep covering Tom’s absence from school. I think your initial thought of telling our mother might be the best way to go,” she ventured.

Shaking his head, he would rather be tied to Janine’s hairbrush again. “I just don’t think it’s the right time,” he said. Turning to the blonde, “What do you think?” he asked, soliciting her opinion.

Janine gave him a small smile, “I think ultimately the decision is yours,” she replied, thinking, ‘You really should come home with me and then you needn’t worry about anything ever again.’

Tess let out a long sigh, “Fine,” she said, leaning forward and putting her forearms down on the table. “But realize there is only so long we can maintain this charade before she finds out, then there will be hell to pay,” she warned.

Tom snorted irreverently, “Better that than be smothered,” he opined.

“You want to keep it a secret, that’s on you, but realize she’ll hold me accountable,” Tess asserted.

“I’ll take the rap,” he assured.

Tess shook her head. She knew their mother would still hold her responsible, regardless what Tom said. The way she saw it, she had three options. One, she could just flat out refuse to cooperate, which would undoubtedly make Tom do something really stupid like run to Janine or Cassidy before she could grab him. Two, she could agree to cooperate, but just allow their mother to come down and hand him over. Three, she could allow things to continue as they were, at least until they were able to find a cure. Or Tom was dead. Option two seemed to be her best bet. “So what’s your plan?” she inquired.

“Easy, school trip, we both have to go,” he answered, smug grin on his tiny face. “Problem solved.”

“Unless she calls the school to confirm,” interjected Tess, tilting her head slightly to the side.

“She won’t,” countered Tom, shaking his head.

Looking down on the tiny youth atop the table, Janine watched quietly, a passive smile on her lovely face as she felt the physical ache of want between her thighs. It would be so easy to just to snatch him up, doubting either of the other two women could stop her in time. Maybe. She knew she could not bully the nurse the same way she had the teacher. As brother and sister discussed strategies to thwart their mother, she leaned back in her chair, eyes exploring, evaluating the interior of the nurse’s apartment as she pondered another course of action. It was nice, Cassidy’s apartment, though not extravagant by any stretch. How much did an RN make annually? Sixty, maybe seventy thousand? Apart from her family’s massive fortune, Janine herself possessed in excess of seventeen million dollars of her own money, gained from modeling and endorsement residuals still pouring in. A small smile touched her luscious lips.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please feel free to share a review, provide some feedback, or lust leave a comment. It is always appreciated and motivating. Thanks for taking the time to read this story