- Text Size +

Confrontation

A nagging feeling in the pit of her stomach prompted Tess to want to go back and check on Tom, she couldn’t quite place the source of her disquiet, but wanted to dispel it. Raising her hand, she requested to be excused from class using the reason of needing to go to the bathroom as a means of leaving. At a pace short of being called a jog, she navigated through the school and returned to her room in the female dorm as quickly as she possibly could.

Opening the door, she stepped inside and took a sharp sudden intake of breath, startled by the presence of Janine Lindholm in her room, seated on the bed, Tom’s shoe box habitat opened on the bed beside her.

“What are you doing in here?” Tess demanded, surprised to see the stunning blonde girl.

“Where is he?” retorted the blonde, tone and expression becoming pugnacious.

Tess stopped, not expecting that response, “What?” she asked, surprised.

 Looking down into the box. “I know my mother returned him to you yesterday, where is he?” Janine repeated before looking back to Tess, blue eyes fierce.

Tess frowned, what the hell? Walking across the room, she looked down into the interior of the box and like Janine found it vacant.

“Alright Tom, come out now!” Tess said assertively, turning back to the room. No response or sign of movement from any possible places of seclusion. “Tom!” she repeated, voice hard. Still nothing. “Thomas Carlisle!” she tried, using his middle name usual spurred him, knowing she only used it when she was dead serious. No response.

Janine crossed her arms and waited, watching Tess achieve the same futile results she herself had.

Tess turned back quickly to Janine, “Give him back!” she said, outstretching her hand, palm up.

“Give him back? I don’t have him,” she countered, an indignant chuckle in her voice.

“You’re lying,” accused Tess flatly.

“No I’m not,” answered Janine, “If I had found him here I wouldn’t be here now, that I can assure you,” she asserted.

“Why are you in my room?” growled Tess almost aggressively.

“We both know why I’m here, I want Tom back,” she stated, rising to her feet, an element of determination in her stance.

“You can’t have him back,” Tess replied bluntly, moving in close, being of similar height they stood eye to eye for a moment, a terse silence hanging palpably in the air.

“I know he’s here,” Janine said, breaking the tenseness and looking beyond Tess toward Sam’s side of the room.

Tess shook her head, “Give me back my brother,” she said, once more placing her hand in a receiving position.

“I already told you, I don’t have him,” replied Janine angrily. “What? Do you want to frisk me?” she asked, raising her hands to shoulder height.

Unabashedly, Tess stepped in and put her right hand up under Janine’s skirt, reaching between her smooth warm thighs and touching the front of the blonde girl’s panties but finding no evidence of anything other than Janine’s natural gifts concealed under there.

“Satisfied?” countered Janine smug expression on her beautiful features.

But Tess wasn’t. Removing her hand, she brought her left hand forward and started unbuttoning Janine’s uniform, opening her shirt and exposing her brassiere. Janine, for her part, remained still, letting the other girl continue. Pulling the lacy red bra forward, Tess looked in each cup to see if her diminutive brother was perhaps secured between ample breast flesh and the fabric of the bra. No Tom. Making a noise of frustration in her throat, she released the bra and turned away, shaking her head from side to side.

“I told you,” replied Janine, adjusting her brassiere before buttoning her school blouse back up, slight smile on the side of her face.

Tess glowered, face surly. He should be here. He was supposed to be here, in the box. Did he hear Janine come in and duck out to find a hiding spot? What about Sam, was there a possibility she took him out? Sam wouldn’t do that, at least not without telling her. Where the hell was he? “I think you should leave,” stated Tess, turning and pointing back to the door before returning her eyes to Janine.

“Where’s Tom?” Janine asked, smoothing her uniform and meeting Tess’s gaze.

Lowering her arm, Tess shook her head and shrugged, “If you don’t have him, I really don’t know,” she said, and she didn’t.

Janine’s smile vanished.

“Leave,” urged the dark haired girl, hoping beyond hope that her brother was safely hidden somewhere in the room or on Sam.

“If I don’t have him, and you don’t have him, and neither of us has any idea where he is, he may be in some sort of trouble,” Janine suggested, moving passed Tess toward the door, pausing to look back at the darker haired girl.

What Janine said might be true, maybe he was in trouble.

Janine lingered at the door, “And despite possessing different motivations for wanting him, there is no reason why we cannot act cooperatively to make sure he is all right,” she proposed, blue eyes sparkling.

“Just go,” Tess said, not even a day and Tom was gone again, barely twenty four hours.

Janine nodded, “Consider my offer,” she suggested.

Tess smiled wryly, “A deal with the devil’s daughter?”

 Janine smiled and left silently, closing the door quietly behind her, bridling her frustration behind a placid mask of serenity.

“She’s gone,” Tess said loudly, praying he was in the room but hiding from the blonde, but her brother failed to appear. She peeked in the bathroom between the rooms, again finding no trace of her wayward sibling.

Opening the door to Tatiana’s room, she poked her head in. “Tom?” she hissed. Seeing and hearing nothing, she cursed softly under her breath as she closed the door, mind swirling with a myriad of unanswered questions. Had he snuck out and into another one of the rooms if he wasn’t in Tatiana and Astrid’s room? Tom did mention he fancied the lovely Russian doll. If he had snuck into Tatiana and Astrid’s room and kept quiet just to perv on those girls, she would be absolutely livid. How had Janine known Tom was back in her custody? What about her offer to help search for him, what was that about? She already knew the cost, time with Tom. The questions kept rolling though her mind. But most of all, she wondered where Tom was as she quit the bathroom. Lingering a moment in her room, she shook her head. With little else to do, she returned to class.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please feel free to review, comment, or provide feedback, it is always helpful and greatly appreciated, thanks for reading!