- Text Size +

Family Affair

Tom only half listened as Dr. Holmstrom highlighted the potential consequences of the experiment, particularly the severity of pain described by Tom Sr. There was some discussion revolving around the possible use of an anesthetist for pain management, but that increased the likelihood of other catastrophic problems given his body mass and enhanced metabolic rate. At the end of it, two things were certain, yes, they would perform the procedure on him, and two he would be required to endure the painful process without the benefit of anesthesia. Blah, blah, blah. He just wanted to get it over with, the sooner the better.

Dr. Holmstrom stated the machine would require a few alterations required given the subtle differences in mass between him and his grandfather, but once the readjusted calibrations were set in the evening, they would perform the test early the next day.

Weighed, measured, Dr. Holmstrom even performed a water displacement test on him before the group assembled for the evening meal.

Pecking at his food half-heartedly, one more day Tom mused to himself. He could do one more day in this sterile fun deprived environment.

“Not hungry?” Ella inquired.

Shrugging, “Not really,” Tom replied.

Dona sniggered, “Scared?” she challenged, goading him.

Rising to the bait, Tom snorted indignantly, “As if.”

Big grin on her face, “I don’t think it’s the cold that’s making you tremble,” Dona continued.

“Shouldn’t you be sponge bathing my grandfather or something,” he scoffed.

“Thomas,” Ella chastised, angling her head.

“No, no, it’s alright, he just a little, how do I say it, testy?” Dona chuckled, eyes sparkling.

“Ahahaha,” Tom replied, giving her a fake laugh and shaking his head.

Holding her index finger horizontal over Tom’s head, “Have you had it up to here with my teasing?” she asked, jutting out her lower lip in an exaggerated pout.

Glancing up at the slender finger above him, “What is that? Your new boyfriend?” he cracked.

Dona laughed out as she moved her hand away, “Under different circumstances,” she expressed, wistful smile on her face.

“You have no idea the havoc I would unleash on you,” Tom boasted, sly grin on his face.

“I really don’t think I approve of the direction of this conversation,” Ella commented, looking from her sister to her son.

Dona chuckled, breaking eye contact with the tiny youth eyeing her defiantly from the table, she looked at her elder sister, “It’s all in good fun,” she assured, smiling.

Was it wrong Tom felt worked up? She was his aunt. Or, was it just because finally he had gotten a small dose of playful excitement to break up the monotonous tedium of being incarcerated in the institute?

Getting up from the table, Dona extended her hand down to Tom, “If you’re not going to eat, I’ll take you back to your room,” she offered.

Tom nodded, moving over and climbing into her palm.

Tom’s mother shook her, lips pursed, eyes narrowing.

“Relax,” Tom assured, waving a dismissive hand at her. Nothing was possibly going to happen. Right?

Exiting the dining section of the common area, Dona carried Tom open handed next to her bosom, “I did not bother to tell your mother about your little adventure,” she advised.

“That’s good, she would probably have tied a string to my ankle,” he replied with an amused chuckle. How many times had he been tied up?

Dona chuckled, the sound of it almost menacing in his ears as her shoes clicked off the floor.

Looking up at her face, “What was that for?” he asked.

Glancing down, she arched an eyebrow, “With your grandfather back to himself, I think I am very much going to miss our little games together, our little fun,” she said, voice soft, bordering on seductive.

What did that mean? Why was she telling him this? She’s bluffing.

“As a man you couldn’t possibly understand how sinfully addictive it is for a woman to dominate a man that way,” she added, hips swaying as she slowly made her way up the hall toward his room.

Was she serious right now or just messing him? He definitely got the vibe she wasn’t playing around. She couldn’t possibly mean to use him could she? No. Chuckling nervously, “I think I have a pretty good idea,” he replied. Janine, Lina, Sam, Miss Addison, Cassidy, Miss Harwood, Tatiana, Freja, yeah, he felt he understood the allure.

“Cocky,” she chided, amused smile on her lips as she turned into his room.

Still not quite certain of her intent, “I do my best,” he said, blowing on his knuckles and rubbing them on his chest.

Lowering him down to the surface of the bed, she crouched down, folding her arms on the bed and leaning forward to rest her chin on top of them. Her vivid green eyes fixed on him, her plump lips curled up into a smile.

Turning to face her directly, “You almost had me there,” he stated, chuckling and pointing a finger at her.

“I could have you anytime I want you,” she replied.

Tom frowned and spread his hands apart, “Well yeah, I guess, given the slight size difference between us, but,” he admitted, hesitating.

“No buts, well maybe mine,” she purred, wiggling her hips slightly.

Tom suddenly got the very real sense she was not playing. Swallowing hard, “Come on,” he stuttered.

“You would like for me to come?” she asked, smile widening as she arched a threaded eyebrow.

Raising his hands in front of him, “That’s not what I meant,” he asserted.

Licking her lips, “Really?” she inquired.

“Aunt Donatella, you, you,” he babbled, level of concern growing.

“I, I, what?” she asked, expression innocent.

“You can be serious,” he stammered.

“Can’t I? And don’t call me Aunt Donatella, it’s awkward, how about Mistress?” she suggested.

“you need to gear down there big rig,” he replied.

Laughing, she puckered her lips, blowing a stream of focused air out between them with enough force to stagger Tom backward several steps.

Dropping to a knee, Tom raised a hand against the warm humid windstorm.

Stopping her gale, Dona pushed herself up to her feet, adjusting the fabric of her dress. Eyes back on Tom, “Toy with me again nephew, I will feed you to my passion,” she warned, drawing her bottom lip into her mouth before turning and sashaying out of the room.

There was no doubt in his mind she meant what she said.