- Text Size +

Four’s a Crowd

It had been so wonderfully and deliciously decadent making love to Cassidy with Tom and being loved in return Katie thought. Anticipating the pleasure and the play for the night to come, had turned an ordinary day into one of those long laborious days at school, the ticking of the clock droning in the back of her mind. When would it end? She tried to keep herself immersed in teaching, hoping it would drain away the time. It helped a little. She wished Cassidy would have let her take Tom to school. Another day with him bound in her panties would have been divine. The thought made her wet, making her think about the night ahead and time slowed.

When the final buzzer sounded, she silently mouthed a words of thanks before collecting her possessions and striding out to the teachers’ parking lot. Making a quick stop at the local supermarket, she hurried over to Cassidy’s place.

Plastic bag in hand, she let herself into the apartment, “Hey Cass, where you at? I picked up a couple of interesting things for us to try tonight,” she stated, bending to her side and slipping off her shoes. Straightening up, she walked down the short hall. The smile on her lovely face evaporated when she saw Teresa Wentworth seated on the chesterfield. “Tess,” she said. “What are you, what are you doing here?” she queried.

Tess looked at her a moment with penetrating green eyes. “What are you doing here?” she inquired.

Stepping forward, “Um, Cassidy and I are friends,” she replied.

“So you know about Tom then,” Tess said indelicately, statement, not question.

 Shifting the bag laden with produce from one hand to the other, Miss Harwood nodded slowly.

Cassidy appeared, her own smile faltering as she walked into the room. “I guess you two know each other,” she surmised.

Miss Harwood nodded, composure returning. “Tess is one of my students, one of my better students,” she advised, moving closer to Cassidy.

“Let me take that,” Cassidy offered, reaching for the bag.

“Are you here for Tom?” Tess asked.

Katie smiled, “This isn’t awkward at all,” she commented, passing the bag off.

Tess nodded slowly, wry smile on her pretty face, “I see,” she said.

“This is an unusual situation,” Miss Harwood said, coming to sit on the chair near the couch.

“I guess missing all those classes, he needs to earn some extra credit somehow,” she stated, tone tinged with sarcasm.

Nodding, Miss Harwood chuckled, “Claws out I see,” she commented.

Returning from the kitchen, Cassidy frowned, “Did I miss something?” she inquired, feeling some of the tension lingering in the air.

“Young Miss Wentworth does not approve of my interaction with her brother,” Katie informed.

“I guess it’s not necessarily the circumstance requires my approval or consent, Tom is his own person, but the part that’s causing me some distress is that given his tiny condition, shouldn’t we all should be looking out for his best interest? Janine I can understand, she’s like a shark with blood in the water, but she’s still just a young woman and there is a sadomasochistic something between her and Tom I don’t quite fathom. How is it that everybody he comes into contact with seems to spread her legs? Wouldn’t you think at least one person would stop and go, ‘Hey, wait a minute, maybe I should help this little guy?’ instead of stuffing him in her crotch? I get that’s he’s a charming little bastard and seems to be bent on path of self-destruction. But as adults, don’t we have an obligation to rise above base urge and primal hunger?” she inquired.

Leaning forward in the chair, Miss Harwood nodded slowly, “Very eloquent and a nicely constructed argument. I certainly agree with elements of your assertion and that we are reaping some very sweet benefits of an incredible situation. But I have to counter when you say we aren’t helping him. Aren’t we assisting? Aren’t we sheltering him and protecting him in his time of vulnerability?” she asked, little smile playing at the corner of her mouth.

“During this time of ‘vulnerability’, did you have him inside you?” Tess asked.

“I’m sure you don’t need to hear explicit details of our encounter with your brother, other than to say it was a spectacular sharing. Was there an element of danger involved? Of course there was, but there is always a risk in any interpersonal interaction, whether the hurt be physiological, psychological, or emotional in nature. Was he hurt? No, he was fine, a little tired perhaps, but fine nonetheless. Was it exploitative? No, it was consensual and mutually rewarding. I understand where you’re coming from, the implied moral obligation to insulate him from harm, but at what cost to Tom? Complete dependence? Like a pet? No. Granted his antics can be vexing, but it’s obvious he is only trying to reconcile his stature without sacrificing his identity,” Miss Harwood explained.

Tess nodded, remembering how frightened and vulnerable he was when she first discovered him.

“I know you’re upset because of what happened earlier with Jessica and we’re incredibly lucky his injuries weren’t much worse,” Cassidy said softly, putting a hand on Tess’s knee.

Katie looked to the nurse, “Tom was hurt?” she asked, a concern look appearing on her face.

Cassidy nodded, “He took a spill when Jessica Lindholm grabbed him,” she shared.

Letting out a big breath, Tess shook her head, not sure who to trust. She didn’t want to take him back to school for the two days until her mother’s arrival because there were just too many variables at play she couldn’t control or prepare for. She knew without a doubt Lina was up to something, some devious strategy. That left Cassidy and Miss Harwood. The conflicted feeling in her mind tormented her and she didn’t know what to do. Tom had chosen to stay with Cassidy.

“We both know you are doing what you believe is best for him,” Miss Harwood reassured.

Was she? Or was Lina right when she asked who was she doing this for, her or Tom? The honest answer was both. She was not equipped to provide him with the care the situation demanded and they were both in way over their heads, Tom literally, her figuratively. Two days. Rising to her feet, Tess nodded, “Just look after my brother please,” she said aloud before making her way toward the door.

“Tess?” Cassidy said.

“Let Tom know I’ll come back to see him tomorrow,” she advised, the smile on her face practiced and without emotion.

“Are you alright?” Miss Harwood asked.

Nodding, Tess left the apartment.