- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I know I haven't posted in awhile. Truth is, I fell into a depression. While it's still there to some extent, I must go on. I plan on starting a new story soon, but first off, I have to finish off this one. Thanks for everything guys!

Nathan's POV

Melody's sleeping didn't mean things would be easier for him. In fact, they made things rather difficult. Still stuck to her foot, he was having a hard time coming free. And as fate would have it, he wasn't going to be coming free either. Her body, thinking he was a wound or something in that sense, began to heal over him. It was a slow process, but it was able to start taking effect, due to her being asleep. The first thing that happened, Nathan noticed, was that the underskin of her foot was starting to grow around him. His body worked with it to attach the two together, kind of bonding them.

Despite this happening, Nathan remained in full consciousness. Eventually, it spread, covering his back. And with that, it healed up fully, trapping him in her foot. He was officially a part of her body, and things would stay this way until she died. He couldn't die, nor could he lose his consciousness. Instead, he was forced to endure the smell of her foot, as well as the sweat that came from her daily activities. Whenever she danced, jogged, or even just walked, he could feel it. He could feel it crushing him, without squishing him. Being a part of her body, he began to feel pain again. And when she walked a lot, it really hurt.

Nathan would continue to live like this for a very long time. He had many regrets. He regretted never listening to the doctor, who could've prevented all of this. He regretted wasting his days, doing nothing. And most of all, he regretted not telling Melody how he truly felt. He was with her now, as he always would be, but she'd never know just how much he loved her. His only remained hope was that they'd once again meet in the afterlife.

Melody's POV

When Melody awoke that first morning, she could already tell something was different. Looking at her foot, she could see a growth on her big toe. However, it never bothered her too much. She could've easily lasered it off, or had surgery, or whatever the procedure was. But instead, she kept it. It was a part of her, and for some reason, it reminded her of Nathan. She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but for some reason, every time she looked at it, she thought of Nathan and smiled. So in a way, it was allowing her to let Nathan's memory live on.

The days and months flew by, and nobody ever did find Nathan. She truly missed him, and she too regretted not telling him she loved him. They had a funeral, which unfortunately, didn't have too many guests. As she grew older, she never forgot her best friend. She made new friends in life, of course, but she could never build up the strength to look for a partner. She missed Nathan too much, and a small part of her clung onto the hope that they'd one day meet again. However, the rational part of her knew that it wouldn't happen.

In her mid-50s, she had a terrible car accident. Unfortunately, she didn't survive. Her last, dying thought, was that maybe she'd see Nathan again.

Prologue

Suddenly, in an instant, Nathan and Melody appeared in a room together, with them being relatively the same size. Hugging each other, they both smiled, glad to see one other once again. Melody spoke first, "What happened, Nathan? How come I never saw you again?" To which Nathan said, "It's a long story... But it looks like I've got an eternity to tell it. But before I do, I have one thing to say." He was nervous, but he was going to go for it. "Yes?" Melody inquired. "I love you, Melody. I always have. And I'm sorry I never said it before." She just smiled, and kissed him. And they spent the rest of their afterlives together.

 

The End.

Chapter End Notes:

And with that, the story is officially finished. Thank you for reading, and I hope you guys follow me to my next project. Until then, this has been TheTinyMan.