- Text Size +
* * * * *

No sooner had the giant ducks begun their thunderous quacking than two more giantesses seemed to appear from out of nowhere. Each of them with the same blonde hair, blue eyes, and pink garments (with abbreviated skirts) as Kaikala's captors. In this case, however, they were trying to round up the frightened fowl with repeated utterings of...

..."Hier Enten!* "

It was about fifteen minutes, though, before the ducks had sufficiently calmed down that the giantesses' commands had the desired effect. Whereupon, the latter picked up the former (one in each arm) and placed them back in the barn-like building before slamming the ramp-like door shut.

Unfortunately, that led to one of the giantesses spotting Vasco Gonsalves.

"Was ist...?"

Then, she gasped. Both of her hands flying to her mouth in speechless astonishment! The expatriate Portuguese bounty hunter tried to use that to his advantage by immediately attempting to flee. Alas! The other giantess proved too quick for him. Throwing herself down on all fours, before using her right hand to scoop him up off the ground. And, when she sprang back on to her feet, she just as quickly doubled her captive's immobility with her left hand, so she could show him off to the others.

"Schau mal was ich gefunden habe!" she proudly exclaimed: "Eine kleinmann!"

"Was meinst du?" demanded the other giantess: "Ich sah ihm zuerst!"

Consequently, this caused the two giantesses to begin arguing. And it was difficult for Gonsalves to tell which was beginning to torture him more. The decibels of their raised voices; or the inadvertently increasing pressure of the hands currently gripping him! It was, therefore, a mixed blessing in disguise when the normal-sized blonde woman used a bullhorn to finally get a word in edgewise.

"Mein Damen! MEIN DAMEN! Geben ihm zu mir. Schnell!"

The simultaneous pouts that appeared on both faces would have made a Basset hound look like a laughing hyena. But, the normal-sized woman apparently had these giantesses well-trained. Because, Gonsalves was lowered to the ground in front of her. Whereupon, he was instantly surrounded by half a dozen brown-shirted guards armed with Schmeisser sub-machine guns.

"Guten Aben, mein herr," the normal-sized woman began: "Sprechen sie Englisch?"

Gonsalves: "Sih! Y un poco Portunol, tambien."

The normal-sized woman then nodded and smiled as she switched languages.

"I am Signorina Maria-Giuseppina Santapietro from-ah Roma. And, you are now a prisoner of the Axis-ah Powers."

Whereupon, she reverted to German and ordered the guards to take their prisoner toward the main administration building. In the meantime, she would be escorting the blonde giantesses (and Kaikala) in another direction.

Five minutes later, Gonsalves was standing before two men who could not look more different from each other. One was tall and thin, with an unsmiling face and the blond hair and blue eyes that seemed so abundant among Germans these days. The other was older and stockier, with brown eyes, salt-and-pepper hair, and the face of a cheerfully chubby cherub. The latter was evidently given a succinct summary of events, in his left ear, by one of the guards. Because, the stocky one's smile became a full-fledged grin as he bowed and said.

"Buenos noches, senhor! Yo soy Klaus Kraus. Professor of biochemistry, cross-trained in pharmacological botany. Und, dies ist mein Gestapo liaison, Wolfgang Kell..."

"Never mind the pleasantries!" snapped the blond man, drawing a Luger: "Let us just kill him. Now!"

tbc
Chapter End Notes:
* "Here, Ducks!"

"Look what I found! A little man!"

"What do you mean? I saw him first!"

Bullhorn: electric megaphone.

"Ladies! LADIES! Give him to me. Quickly!"

"Good evening, sir. Do you speak English?"

"Yes! And a little Portunol,* too."

*Portunol being a hybrid of Portuguese and Spanish spoken mostly in the La Frontera de La Paz region of Uruguay, S.A.