- Text Size +

Sam loved the fair. It was spectacular. She may not have been the brightest crayon in the box, but damn, she always did enjoy coming and seeing the creative genius. Ivy and Rachel were discussing something in hushed tones. The two were standing just aside the entrance, passed by a bustle of young students entering the hall. The place was decorated wonderfully, balloons of red and gold hung by the entrance, university colors, and waist height billboards welcomed students to this year's prestigious research fair. Even if her scientific knowledge was limited, Sam was immensely curious to see the clever designs of peers. She wasn't mechanically untalented, but the sciences had always escaped her, her psyche drifting away from numbers and formulae to the mystique of angles and color. She thought back to the Tiny Fury... she should design another contraption soon for the miniature guy. Just knowing that your inventions would actually be put to use, rather than crashed by some ten year old and discarded was rather rewarding. Especially if she was able to add the custom foam seats to the cockpit and an ejection mechanism.

'Excuse me miss, I need to ask you to move aside and let others pass.'

A man tapped her on the shoulder, and Sam spun quickly.

'I... Sorry, got a little distracted.'

Sam took a few steps to the left, off the main entrance path, and into the maze of corridors that were formed by dozens of booths and stands. Behind each was another set of students, demonstrating or explaining their research. The one beside her actually seemed rather tedious. A young woman, dressed in tacky reds and browns with bottle-thick frames sat on a plain wooden stool directly in front of a chalkboard. It was the only implement behind her booth, and it was covered in white dust, outlining some complex formula that had been hastily written in diminutive numbers and symbols that Sam couldn't make out. Not that she wanted to, even if it was a mathematical breakthrough, detailing the reason that she always forgot where she kept her favorite pink spotted socks, she wouldn't understand a phrase. She glanced back, checking on the other girls. Finally, they appeared to be breaking their huddle and coming forwards to explore. Sam knew what they would be talking about. Rachel had been giving Ivy pointers all week. Straighten that spine, chest out... no not that far. Let's work your other features. Asian busts aren't the easiest to emphasize, but what about those thighs and those cheekbones. No, don't slouch, we talked about this. Now remember, laugh at everything, smile... no not that wide. Ivy, you'll scare the children...

It went on and on. Sam had gotten bored. She had every intention of being the perfect wing-girl for her hapless chum. Ivy had great qualities, if only she emphasized them. Book smart to a fault, a computer whiz, strategic, kinky... Okay, maybe not that last one. Ivy had admitted to them the previous night that her experience with men strapped in birthday suits was limited at best, to nothing, limited to nothing at all. Sam smiled as they approached. Not that Ivy's visual appearance couldn't use a bit of a boost, after all, men were such shallow creatures. As they always said, dumb guys want dumb girls, and smart guys, they want slightly less dumb girls. She had never worried about that for herself, most men saw her bubbling personality and figured her for an innocent and lovable half-wit. A touch insulting, but at the right moment, not too far from the truth. But today was about Ivy, focus up girl, gotta' get that tiny giantess and much tinier man.

That part hadn't been much of a shock. Ever since her outburst at game night, Sam knew about Ivy's preoccupation. If anything, the girl's had become closer since Anna's big reveal. It added excitement, it gave them an excuse to talk about their lives and their fantasies, it added drama... and girls loved drama. Dramas that featured shrunken little guys in Ivy's case; Sam figured her as having some kind of tiny man fever, the way she blathered on and on. Sam favored dramas with gorgeous muscle-bound specimens, football players, or that handsome lawyer who played the lead in 'You're Coming with Me' that was probably airing even as she waited... why were they taking so long! Apparently they had paused to discuss some needy nitpicking point or another. Okay, Sam, don't think about good looking guys, you are here to help a friend. Not ogle men... like that muy-guapo latin guy with the lab coat standing by the blue draped booth. Not that a quick peek could hurt. Sam had already spun on heel, floating down the path towards her target, blinded to the sight of beakers and gizmos that perched to either side. She found herself beside another young man, standing directly in front of the booth. But the man of her dreams stood behind. He was way too cute to be a nerd, right?

'And when you swallow it, it can be artificially inflated to hold its position and secrete a medication for several months. Alternatively, it can house a single specialized package until it...'

Sam giggled loud. She couldn't help but watch his lips, pouty and pink, as they mouthed some garbled mumbo jumbo. And his hair, ooo, it was so dark and so straight and so... amazing.

'Miss, miss?'

'Huh?' said Sam, snapping back to sanity.

'Miss, you looked like you were about to, ahh, drool, is something zeh matter?'

'No, I was umm...'

Crap, Sam, think... what's his type? Smart? No, come on. Slutty? Maybe. How about sophisticated mystery woman? Ballerina? Crap, he's staring at you!

'I was just looking at your doo-hicky here. Can you tell me about it?' she said, 'I'm Sam.'

She almost stuck out her hand, then paused, leaning back away from the stall. What had Rachel said?Back straight, boobs up, work it. Was her tone too girly? Should she lower it? Nope, she was perfect, the girls were ready to play. She let her arm cross over her body, underlining her chest and accentuating as best she could without overplaying it. His eyes were faltering, clearly intent to avoid watching her breasts as they bobbled playfully. Like a kitten, with two balls of yarn, he couldn't stay focused on one spot.

'Of course, eh-ya Derek, why don't you show him za demo?'

Sam almost lost it. His accent. If she had only know that such creatures hid at science fairs, she wouldn't have avoided them in high school. Or maybe it was because high school science fairs only featured a horde of pock-marked mid-pubertal hormone raging man-boys whose voices cracked at the slightest bit of nervousness. Bleh. A second member turned to help the other attendee. He was all hers.

'Now, miss, ahh, Sam was it? My name is Ricardo. How might I help you?'

'I just wanted to see this fine looking pill-thingy,' said Sam, gesturing down at the table. Her eyes were deadlocked on his. Dark, like his hair, stunning. They centered his clean shaven cheeks, and did she smell vanilla? She loved vanilla!

'Miss, I have zeh feeling that you might enjoy a bit of a... private lesson on our project. How does zis sound?'

Sam fought to contain her excitement. Seal the deal girl. You've got this. She lifted her arm from her chest, causing them to bounce lightly once more. Nice.

'That sounds wonderfully informative Ricardo.' she said, taking a mockingly intelligent tone, 'I most certainly appreciate your kind offer, and would be delighted to accompany you.'

He held out a single hand to the side of the booth. She twisted her head slightly and let a smile politely shine through. Wait, wasn't she supposed to be waiting for Ivy and Rachel. A few moments away couldn't hurt, right? They were probably still battling over the finer points of shoulder arching and playing down one's intelligence. She turned her gaze back towards his face. His posture was flowing, his eyes still focused on hers, shifting slightly to suggest she take his palm and follow.

And who was she to argue?