- Text Size +

Kal shot out out the window. He looked out into the open view, air gently blowing his hair back. He actually hadn't spent any time in the backyard over the past view days. Shame. It was familiar grass, their single maple tree in the center, surrounded by Anna's stubborn flowers that never seemed to sprout. He could still see over the fence from this height, neighboring house to either side distant fortresses far beyond reach. The plane wouldn't make it that distance, short of an unlikely updraft or divine breath. Kal let his paralyzingly tight grip relax on the front bar. His knuckles had numbed quickly, but in remaining sixty seconds or so before landing, he intended to cruise and enjoy the ride. If it wasn't in his control, he could simply glide and do his best to slow for a safe landing. Sam probably wanted to salvage the glider, even if it meant reworking the obviously flawed turning mechanism. Kal looked directly above, head craned back to see the logo, bright red letters spelling 'Tiny Fury II' and set ablaze. He was captain Kal, and his mission was simple. Avoid being hit by a random bird and plummet to his death. His confidence faltered at the morbid realization of his vulnerability. Even if he could survive a three foot fall with little more than a scratch, he wasn't about to try the stunt from the second story. Nope, just wouldn't focus on that at all. Why if any pesky blue jays came by, he'd arm the auxiliary guns and pepper them with rapid fire needles. If he actually had auxiliary guns. Yup, that would be bad ass. Smoking blue jay plummeting down in a dramatic tailspin, puttering to the ground as its comrades circled in for revenge. They'd meet the tiny fury of his tiny machine gun fire. Pew, pew pew!

Kal looked left and right. Nope, no blue jays. Looks like the coast is clear, he figured, turning the nose down to speed his descent. As he accelerated, he realized that there was only one more obstacle. Watching him from below, eyes focused intently on the strangely thin winged creature, was Wes, Anna's pet scotty dog. That, could be problematic. Kal liked the dog, even if his black kilt made him walk like a drunk highlands squirrel. It added to the charm. But Kal and Wes were no longer on the same terms, at least not as far as size was concerned. He was just longer than a single paw, and would be no match for the weight and force behind those thinly muscled legs. Or his teeth. Kal swallowed hard. Unable to stop the inevitable, he dove harder. Perhaps he could at least earn some distance, have some time to react before Wes was atop him. Even if he only wanted to play, it wasn't a risk Kal wanted to take. The time it would take for him to end up dog food was likely seconds, depending on how long Wes toyed around with his snacks during afternoon tea. Or he could be totally fine. Wes could recognize him, maybe even help him get home.

Focusing down, Kal steepened his trajectory, entering a swift descent. The ground was mere feet away now, approaching fast. Wes was hot on his tail, barking and hopping of his back feet, leaping up towards Kal and nipping the air as he fell. Not a good sign, but no time to think. Kal pulled back at the last moment, wings slapping back to a vertical position and instantly ending his acceleration. The last six inches he fell, slipping through the cross bar as the wings peeled back from resistance and let him settle in the grass blades below. He contacted, pressing off his feet to stand abruptly. He looked left, he looked right. The plane was right behind him, softly fallen on its wings, overturned and laying on a sheet of bent grass. And Wes was... somewhere.

A shadow above caught his attention. It came from behind, much larger than his own, blotting out the bright sun temporarily as Kal watched the dark furry belly float past him. Immediately followed by several playful barks. A giant snout turned sharply, moist black nose slamming against him as the pronounced mustachioed face swept over top, dusting him with hairs that had seen ample play time in the dirt. Kal fell onto his ass, staring down the barrel of nostrils that could easily inhale him entirely. They sniffed repeatedly, whipping his brown hair upwards, flak jacket closing tight around him. Which only left the exhale, a pungent aroma of kibble mixed with grass and musky dog stank. Even if was cute at full size, it now immersed him entirely, causing him to gag as he sat there. His reflux was short lived, replaced by impending terror as the snout bent even closer. Too close.

'Wes, c'mere boy. C'mon Wes, over here. Come to momma.'

The head turned away slowly, drawn by the voice, Anna's voice. Wes' already perked ears stiffened, faced towards Anna's distant commands.

'That's right Wes, c'mere. Who's a good boy, c'mere, c'mon Wes.'

Her voice was coming closer, answered by several quick yaps. It didn't hold his attention long however, his gaze returning directly to Kal, now backing up in a crab's walk, pressing himself against individual blades of green that gave way behind him. From beneath the extensive canine mustache, a small pink tongue flickered out. Wes' mouth was held half open, and it drew in near. Kal's vision was met with a layer of warm slop. He shut his eyes, avoiding the sticky foreign fluid, but it was already in his hair and covering his lips. One lick was all it took to offer a dog spit shower. But the expected jaws, teeth, claws, yet they didn't come. Just one brush by a gigantic tongue followed by another, each renewing the extensive forming puddle that had been his outfit. Again and again, it pressed him further to the ground, taking him off his balance, down onto his back, then rolling to avoid the slobbering assault, slid left and was greeted with a thick damp ooze on his backside. Each moment held the barrage strong, until Kal was sure that he couldn't absorb another helping of dog saliva even if he wanted to. He really, really, didn't want to. Luckily. his savior had arrived. Kal felt Anna's feet push down the adjacent grass as she lifted Wes from his jubilant salutation of an old friend.

'I see you've met Kal, Wes. And you decided to slobber on him? Now that's just not a nice way to treat your friends, hmm? Where has that tongue been?'

Her other hand curled around Kal, but it recoiled.

'Ack! Kal, you are, well you are really filthy. Okay, um, here goes.'

She returned her palm and wrapped him, holding firm this time. Even as she reached, her head was turned away, Wes hoisted in her opposing arm and panting excitedly. His moist clothes were slippery against her skin. Kal could feel her reluctance at holding such a disgusting object. Her grip was purposefully loose, minimizing skin to dog slobber contact. He rested against her fingertips and palm, lying belly up in the hollow enclosure. Even if she was repulsed, Kal felt relieved. Better to have his girlfriend slightly disgusted than getting to know Wes' breakfast. He laughed, sputtering the gooey slop that hung over his lips onto the inside of Anna's fingers. They twitched, her step pausing for a brief moment. It only made Kal laugh harder.