- Text Size +

Kal waited patiently in her brazier. He could smell the blend of acrid and sweet that coated him from the dive within Anna earlier. He enjoyed it.

Every day seemed to be full of surprises. Kal knew now that he could actually fall from quite a height, and it really didn't hurt. He likened it to a bug jumping off a fence, but it made sense, objects didn't fall faster because they were larger. Gravity didn't work that way. And his body, despite its size, was just as well supported to take impact as a full sized person, the force of landing was quite proportional. He had actually tested it extensively. When Anna left him alone in the room at home, he had taken the opportunity to test the limits. He had tried the small jump from atop a pillow onto the bed. Compared to his height, it had seemed like jumping off a fence onto a soft pad. Yet it was more like stepping off a sidewalk onto pavement back when he was large; he hadn't even noticed it.

So he had become more brazen, exploring the bedroom despite his limited capacity. After the pillow dive he went big. He remembered looking off the side of the mattress at the carpet below. The tiny fibres seemed so distant. Favoring logic, and throwing caution to the wind, he spread his arms like a diver and pushed off. In midair, he flipped to his back. It was odd, watching the gigantic matted forest of plush strands zoom towards him, watching the bedspread disappear into the sky. Yet a moment later, there he lay, complete unharmed, resting supine on the carpet. The mountainous wooden table sprouted a few feet from him, and the colossal mattress with its flowing white sheets and sky-blue blanket mimicking clouds far above. Perhaps the metaphor was overdone, as in hopes of continuing to practice, he had managed to scale the base, mattress, and return to the sheets in a matter of minutes. He was easily able to grip small holds in the material, previously invisible strands and indents forming grips that he used in the ascent. Somehow, knowing that he could actually fall from such a height was a huge relief. Kal worried initially that everything in his expanded world would be cumbersome and dangerous. It was nice to know that physics, at the very least, still applied.

He had shown Anna his new trick when she had come home that evening. She returned, looking oddly energetic after her long day of lectures, and had seen him there standing near the precipice. When he had turned around, back facing the open expanse, her expression had suddenly changed to fear. Kal waved, then leant back, falling of the back of his heels, letting them slowly tilt until he was rushing down to the carpet once more. Her footfalls were thunderous despite the carpet as she rushed to catch him. She had failed, and was prostrate on the carpet inches away from where he landed. Kal quickly stood and waved.

'Holy fuck Kal. How the, what the, fuck, you scared me!'

Kal laughed, keeping his gestures dramatic for her benefit. His hands were on his hip, head back, guffawing like the sure champion of some ancient bout. Her expression eased in short order.

'So wait, you can, just jump off the bed? I guess that makes sense. So maybe if I do this...'

Kal was given no notice. Anna already had her hand underneath him, palm open. He was on all fours, trying to stay balanced. It was in vain. As soon as he thought he was stable, he was flying through the air, high above the bed. Anna had stood as she tossed him, and while he awkwardly spun in midair, unable to maintain any position, she had her chest directly underneath. Kal had plateaued, finally beginning his descent, only to be greeted with a face full of flesh. Anna was giggling.

'Smooth landing, no?'

Kal rolled, sitting with his feet partway down the incline of her breast. The view was magical. He nodded.

His mind rushed back to the present, reawakened by a particularly strong whiff of himself. The light was dim in her bra. It streamed in mostly from above, but some came through her thin top and the layer of supportive cloth that swaddled her chest. There was actually a bit of extra room for him to maneuver, only the wire below was unyielding. The remainder of his chamber could be molded, both her skin and the brazier itself compressible at his touch. Today, however, it wasn't just cream colored fabric that lined anterior portion. Anna had taped several sheets on the inside, a veritable wall of humongous letters and drawings that were her cheat-sheet. She obviously couldn't remove it during her test, or turn it inside out and search for answers. Flexing her neck awkwardly and staring at her own chest repeatedly was also an unlikely option, even if she could see small bits of information. Instead, she was leaving the heist to him. Kal was ready.

'Everyone, you should have your tests now. Please begin writing, you have fourty five minutes!'

The voice came from some distance, the professor at the front of the lecture theatre.

'You ready Kal?' she whispered. He looked up, but her head was still looking straight ahead. He poked himself just out the cut of her white top. On her desk were several mechanical pencils, nubbed with erasers. Also sitting atop the small polished top was her paper, and a bubble sheet. Anna had already filled in her name, and had the test sheet tipped upwards so he could read. Her hand gripped one of the pencils, absentmindedly tapping it, then stopping to circle the correct letter on the multiple choice test. She kept her writing to the test at first, ignoring the bubbled answer form. He could feel her breathing tense, sharper inhales and longer exhales. She was shaking her leg as well, and much of the sensation massaged his feet and back. He huddled there, his back leaning easily into her breast while he read. His view was often obscured by her hand as she made small notes, or circled another answer to be transferred later. Nine questions down, Anna had been breezing through them. The girl is smart, Kal mused, wonder why she wanted my help? His question was soon answered, as Anna paused her pencil tip on question ten. She began circling the list of answers, but didn't actually choose one, pencil tip hovering far enough to not actually mar the paper. Game time.

Her hand withdrew to the side of the paper, holding it firmly, allowing Kal to reread the question.

'Gilled mushrooms are a form of fungi falling into which classification Order?'

'A - Agaricales'

'B – Capnodiales'

'C – Eurotiales'

'D - Hypocreales'

Reaffirming the selections, Kal shifted himself, away from the cut of her shirt and back towards the notes she had plastered. Her arm returned to motion, continuing to work on the test while he putzed about. He looked to the outer corner. There were several strange names he didn't recognize, but it was the only paper lining the cup that he considered relevant. The others were diagramatic explanations of fungal systems, growth parameters, interactions with other organisms, nothing useful. He read the notes attached to the list.

'Fungi, by common location.'

Crap. It wasn't here. Still, that meant that if he was going to find the answer...

Kal lowered himself into a crouched position. With a start, he pressed off his toes, dashing through the awkward walls. Quickly approaching the cut of her shirt, he forced him legs into the inner mound of her breast and pressed, hard. He launched. No longer confined in her shirt, he sailed past her neckline. His only dilemma was the simple fact that her breasts were rounded. Thus when he did leap, he leapt diagonally, not straight across. Kal twisted himself midair, he was too far out from her shirt to actually make a landing inside the other cup, and so he grabbed at her top. Taking it in his hands, he hung there, clearly visible to anyone who happened to walk by. Anna must have felt his maneuver, as she quickly leaned forward to the table. Her breasts impacted on the table and Kal was thrown. The flesh splatted down, contacting the table and spreading out. Then it recoiled, and a mound of her breast anchored beneath him boosted him upwards. He held firm to her shirt, dangling by his hands, and was shot up and over about the point. His back contacted her opposite breast, and she raised herself straight once more. The skin began once more to slope downwards, the breast no longer supported on the table, and Kal went sliding into the pocket of her brazier. He breathed a sigh of much deserved relief, then continued to scan around. This cup too was well decorated with clippings of biology information. Kal found the list he needed: 'Fungi, by characteristic appearance. Gilled: Agaricales'

Kal took his fists and closed them around her nipple. He squeezed with full force, just once. After a few seconds, he squeezed again, once. From outside the bra, her arm shifted towards the paper, and Kal heard her flip the paper back to recheck the list. Head returning to glance from the opposite side of her chest, he watched her circle 'A'.

Next, Anna flipped the paper in front of him. She turned to a page, but the answers were no longer multiple choice. Anna hadn't told him about any other kind of questions being on the test. Did she need his help again? She groaned, sending low vibrations through her clavicle that hummed against his neck. Kal focused in on the question.

'Draw the root system formed by the banana fungus, Fusarium.'

How the hell was he going to answer this one? He did see a nearby diagram, a series of lines and labels that was of moderate complexity. Scanning for a minute, Kal tried to commit it to memory. Now what? He rapped his hand against her chest once more, digging it into the fatty hill.

'Students, this is your ten minute warning. Papers are due at nine forty five.'

Anna's reaction was not what he expected. Kal moved closer to the edge of her neckline, but when he pocked his head out, her fingers quickly wrapped around him, pulling him from the pocket in a smooth motion. Her fingers twisted, index down and middle finger up, causing him to flip with her grip. Her thumb and index now grasped his legs, holding them extended. Kal knew better than to flail. He just had to wait and ascertain her intent. He was carried over to the side of the table, partially obscured by her hand, and then lowered. Directly below him was a mechanical pencil, and the tip was broken off. A thin piece of the graphite rest there, it had to be the answer. Once it came into reach, he took it up and held it close to his chest, dirtying himself with a film of gray. Then he was flying across the desk, legs held taught together by her grip. He kept his head down, facing the paper. He was momentarily suspended above the blank question, then slowly lowered down near the upper middle of the page. Kal held the material firm, expecting to be put down. But when he approached, her grip remained firm, and her hand rested on the heel of her hand, like she was holding a pencil.

It clicked. Despite being on angle, Kal held out the graphite and began to draw. He began with the top of the root system, scribbling in the uppermost section of the branching pattern. Yet his reach was far too limited. Not wanting to lift his arms and revoke his disguise, Kal pointed the tip of the graphite to the left. Her hand began to slide across the paper, painstakingly slow. It was perfect for Kal, though, and he drew additional details in as he moved. The intricate system began to develop. He pointed down the page, and added the small circles to be labeled at the end. Right, slowly, up, slowly. Done.

He was lifted from the page, given a bird's eye view of the result. His lack of artistic talent shone through, but it was definitely the picture from her cup. She paused him there, and Kal fought the urge to look about the room. Head still pointed down, he glimpsed the feet of students to either side of Anna, perhaps five feet away. She lowered him again, zooming in towards one of his circles. With his impromptu pencil tip he drew as she dragged, an extended line to be labeled. He lifted up to denote the end, and then scrawled out the gigantic letters. Once he had the entire word out, he was hoisted, and the process repeated. It took at least five minutes, but they would make it, Kal figured. No sooner than the last circle was labeled, he was thrown inwards as Anna's hand moved to scratch at her neck. The graphite in his grip was lost, falling uselessly down to the side of the desk. Palm facing herself and hiding him from view, she released him there, and Kal returned to his hiding place. He felt the warm gale of her next sigh, her bottom lip pulled inwards to redirect the flow down on her chest. His legs were sore from her grip, but it would pass. Kal lay horizontally, and pulled the fabric of her bra back in close, hiding the light draping in from above. Head craned around the base of her bosom, he closed his eyes for a power nap.

'That's it everyone, give your pencils a rest.'

He couldn't have said it better himself.