- Text Size +

Chapter 1

 

‘So why are we headed to your lab, did you forget something? Purse? Phone?’ Leanne asked.

‘Nothing like that, actually I want to show what I’ve been working on’ Becca replied.

‘No offences Bex but the science stuff, it really could bore me to tears. Remember when you tried to tell me about DNA sequencing research?’

‘And you fell asleep.’ She laughed looking back at her friend, ‘Without that work I wouldn’t have been able to even get close to my new work. I can’t really talk about it out here. When we get to the lab you’ll see it for yourself. Can you just trust me on this one?’

‘Does that mean drinks are out?’ she smiled

‘Never’ Becca smirked back.

 

It was about half an hour later when they reached the lab. Becca swiped her key card through, the front door opened with a star trek whooshing noise. The lights flickered on, meaning no one else was there.

‘The lift isn’t working at the moment, how’s your cardio?’

The pair of them arrived at the lab on the fourth floor, Becca swiped her key card again to enter.

Leanne looked around, the walls were plastered with pictures of men and women, measurements, weights all sorts of information scribbled on top.

‘What’s going on?’ Leanne asked, trying to take in all the scattered works and equations everywhere.

‘I couldn’t tell you, you wouldn’t believe me’ she went to the corner of the room picking up a blue plastic box with a white lid. ‘This is what I’ve been doing’ she placed the box in front of Leanne. ‘Go ahead, have a look’

Leanne peeled back the lid with invested interest. It looked empty, she went to ask Becca what was going on when something moved in the corner.

‘Is that?’ Leanne began, her finger moved rolling over the tiny object, ‘Is that a cat?’

‘Pick it up, have a look’

Leanne pinched the tiny creature between her thumb and forefinger, dropping it delicately into her open palm. Her face leered forward, inspecting the creature before her.

‘Interesting right?’ Becca smirked

‘How did you do this? Is it a clone, like a test tube baby or something?’

‘I shrank it’

‘No, really how did you do this?’

‘I’ve been working on it for ages, that’s what all the DNA work that I tried to get you interested in was for, shrinking.’

‘Like in the movies’

‘Like in the movies’

‘Well Bex whip it out, I’ve gotta see it.’ She looked around the room looking for anything obvious, ‘so is not a honey I shrunk the kids machine?’

‘Much smaller actually’ Becca said laughing at her own joke, ‘who knows, it could even replace pepper spray. Imagine that, you’re walking home late at night and some creepy jumps out from nowhere to attack you. Suddenly he’s smaller than the heel of your boot.’

‘Or your boyfriend forgets a birthday and blammo! Size of a peanut in your hand.’

‘Already thinking of showing Tom who’s in charge?’ Becca laughed bending down to the locked drawer under the desk, ‘why don’t you put kitty back in the cage and I’ll show you the shifter’

‘Have you tried it with a person before?’

‘No’ Becca grinned back, ‘I’m not going to be swamped with volunteers to be shrunk down. Not while I’m still working on the re-shifting part’

‘You mean it doesn’t grow back?’

‘I’ve had a lot of trouble with that part. It’s why I’ve kept all my work on it secret. It’s supposed to be mainly for transportation, solving world hunger and blah, blah, blah. But what good is it if you can’t shift back afterwards.’

‘I can think of a few good uses’

Leanne gently lowered her hand into the plastic cage, after a nudge from her thumb the cat leaped back into the box. She slid the lid shut and followed the edge of the desk around to where Becca was crouched down. The drawer pulled was lined with a fitted foam, shaped to hold the device, battery packs and a charging station.

‘Looks a bit like a taser’ Leanne said looking over the device, a dark black, with yellow rubber hand grips, a dial, and a square yellow button with shift arrow printed on it.

‘It works a bit like one as well’

‘What do you mean?’

‘Here, have a look’ Becca passed the shifter to Leanne, ‘it’s pretty simple really, even a monkey could work it. A Dial for sizes, and the shift button to activate’

‘This is all pretty amazing, any chance I can have a go with it’

‘I thought you might ask that, I’ve got a couple of lab rats in the other room that won’t be missed’ Becca stood up grabbing the keys from her pocket. ‘I’ll just be a minute’

She felt the sting of three sharp prongs digging into her back. Her body convulsed, her mouth felt dry. A silent choking scream fell out of her lips. The room started spinning like a vicious merry go round. She swivelled on her heel, confronted by a blur looming over her. She could feel herself shrivelling. Bones folding in, skin tightening, stretching taut over her shrinking muscles. She reached down grabbing for the waist of her jeans as they started to slide from her hips. Toes wiggled freely in shoes. The world sank away, she felt herself rise from the floor. Weightless and helpless her body retracted in on its centre of gravity. Chips and pizza sloshed uneasily in her stomach, Becca took one last gasping breath before she fell.

A torrent of air whipped around in a frenzy, forcing every hair to stand on end. She fell and fell and kept on falling, the walls of her tank top collapsing in behind her. Into the tunnel of her leg she ended with a soft thump. Saved by a ten pound pair of jeans. Becca scrambled up through the heated pile, her feet scratching against the cheap denim. She pulled herself up through another fold, rolling her body into an improvised hammock. Light started to filter from above, she winced at the change shutting her eyes tight as her roof was lifted away. Slowly she opened her eyes again. She held her breath, her hands scrunching at the soft fabric around her. From the crotch of her own underwear she looked up.

A pair of green faded hiking boots with beige soles caked in dirt stood before her. Thick woollen socks tucked themselves behind the tongue. The smooth pale legs were dressed above the knee by an embroidered skirt, honeycombed lace hung over the dark underlying fabric. A row of golden buttons on the front led up to a matching waist hugging belt.

A crippling laugh sent fear pulsing through Becca, she already knew who it was. She had to fully crane her neck to see Leanne’s freckle dabbled face grinning down from above a sleeveless denim shirt. The taser-looking size shifter was wrapped in her left hand, and she could see her own top hanging up from her right.

‘Leanne?’ Becca spoke, suddenly aware of her own nakedness she crossed her legs and folded her arms across her chest. Her face flush with embarrassment.

‘I guess now you know it works’ Leanne laughed. She bent down, moving to a crouch. ‘Looks like Tom isn’t the only one who’s going to find out I’m in charge’

The monument of her stature set in. Becca reeled back from the approaching goliath. There’s nowhere to go, she can already feel the heat emanating from Leanne’s forthcoming fingers. A heated breath blows gently through her hair. The greeting digits meet with her waist.

 Indulging in a guilty moment panic, Becca screams her lungs raw until she’s curled into the thick skin of Leanne’s palm.

Leanne smiled down at her balled up fist, she shook her hand giving the tiny girl a tumbling tour of her palm.

‘I’ll see you soon’ Leanne said, dropping Becca into the front pocket of her rucksack.

Becca saw the last of the days light being zipped shut.

She suffered through the following shuffling movements as Leanne wedged the discarded clothes into her bag. She dropped the size shifter into the pile, folding it up between a shirt and a pair of jeans. She piled the battery packs and the charging station on top and then slung the bag carelessly over her shoulder. A smirk spread from ear to ear as she left the lab, swiping Becca’s key card to exit.

As far as anyone was concerned Becca was the only one there that night, swiping in and swiping out.

 

Four flights of stairs down, a forty minute stretch of walking and then another three flights of stairs before the jostling stopped. Becca could hear the jingling of keys turning in a lock. Which meant she was back at Leanne’s flat. She was dropped with a heavy thud. The door clicked shut, locks twisted shut and then she heard Leanne’s footfalls heading back towards her bag.

‘What the hell did you do!’ was the first thing she screamed at the approaching fingers.

Leanne lifted her tiny naked friend up to her face, turning her over between her fingers.

‘It was something you said at the lab, about the muggers. I just started thinking about having all that power over someone’

Even Leanne felt the gulp Becca had.

‘You’re the only one who knew about this, a shrink ray’

‘Size shifter’ Becca corrected her

‘As far as anyone is concerned you just didn’t turn up to work one day, and I get a shrink ray to play with’

‘Leanne, I need to get back to my size, don’t you understand what this invention could do for the world’

‘I understand what it could do TO the world, you’re lucky you haven’t worked out to get it to grow you back. Imagine a world where every psycho crazy ex has a shrink ray, it’ll sure make kidnapping a lot easier’

‘But that’s what you’re doing’

‘I’m only one person, its damage control’

Becca went to speak, but didn’t have a response. She was tiny and naked held up for an audience with her gigantic best friend.

‘Do you still want those drinks?’

Becca stayed silent.

‘I’ll just make myself one’ Leanne dropped Becca casually on the granite top of her kitchen units. Pulling down a clear bottle she emptied two shots into a glass and then filled it with lemonade. She picked up the glass with her left hand and then pinched Becca up again with her right heading over to the living area. She set her glass down on a side table, dropped Becca onto the main seating area table and then dropped herself onto the sofa. The TV went on and her boots came off. She pulled her socks off and stretched her bare feet in front of her, giving her toes a good wiggle and a breath of fresh air for the first time that day. She dropped her feet onto the table without even thinking.

Becca darted out of the way, an instant away from being crushed by her heels.

Leanne wasn’t even paying attention as she flicked up and down through the channels looking for something to watch.

‘Oh, that feels nice’ Leanne whispered, feeling the pounding of Becca’s fist against her sole.

‘Leanne!’ Becca shouted, still throwing fists at the mountainous foot, ‘Leanne!’ she called again.

Leanne took a sip of her drink, she tilted her foot forward rolling the ball of it over Becca’s body.

‘Mmmmmm’ she hummed, ‘just there, that’s the spot’

She finally settled on letting an old Sci-Fi movie play in the background. She took a long sip from her glass, and manoeuvred under her toes.

‘Between the toes is always the hardest, but with your little hands’

Coated in sweat and the funky jam from wearing thick socks all day Becca clamped down between Leanne’s toes, really sinking her teeth in.

Leanne flicked her toes forward in a yelp of surprise that sent Becca skittering across the table.

‘You little bitch did you just bite me?’

Leanne didn’t wait for her to reply, she set her glass back down and took her feet from the table.

‘If you’re going to act like a bug then I’m going to treat you like one’ she snarled down.

Becca had to leap into a tumbling roll to avoid the perfectly manicured hand that swatted down at her. She emptied her lungs in a sigh of relief after hearing the sticky slap of skin against wood that she had narrowly avoided.

‘That’s better’ Leanne chirped in her upbeat sing-song voice that had so quickly become a cause for alarm, ‘If you were a bug you’d be splattered all over the table.’ She paused, biting her lip and letting her eyes roll back in daydreaming splendour.

 ‘No’ she continued, ‘no, you’re definitely more like a little slave. So being the best little slave you know you can be, why don’t you bring yourself back over here and finish that massage you were so kindly giving me before you decided to act like a spoilt little bug and bite me.’

Becca didn’t see any choice now, lying flat on her back holding off nervous sobs between each panicked breath she saw how easily Leanne would take to crushing her like she didn’t matter. She had already almost crushed her accidently, and if she hadn’t moved she would have been swatted to a pulp. Now all that she could do was to try and appease her until she could get help.

 Through gritted teeth and squinting eyes she decided that Leanne wouldn’t get the better of her, she wasn’t going to let her see her cry. Steadily she rose to her feet, and padded carefully over to the table edge.

As she approached the edge she saw Leanne ready herself. Leant back in the sofa again she brought both her bare feet up to the table, they fell heavily of either side of her with a crashing boom, and gleeful chuckle. The shock had sent her toppling over again, to the rapturous delight of her kidnapper.

‘Back to your feet girl’ she boomed out, ‘so you can get back to mine.’ Already enjoying herself too much.

 

The smell wasn’t altogether unpleasant, it was the stifling heat that made it difficult to breathe. Becca moved towards the left foot, upright it towered over her. The thought of her being stuck underneath like the pieces of lint that adorned it sent a terrifying chill through her. She felt herself becoming weak just at the thought.

‘You better do a good job’ Leanne chimed in so caringly.

The laugh that followed made her gulp and swallow her pride. With unprecedented athleticism Becca flung herself onto the looming sole, she hadn’t imagined it, but it was surprisingly easy to climb. She shuffled herself upwards to a soundtrack of delighted tickled laughs until finally managing to pull herself up between the big and second toe.

‘What are you waiting for? Another swat?’

Becca burned with anger, she threw her arms up against the big toe. With all her force she started pushing up and down at the unforgiving wall. Her back arched and her feet took a steady pose. Manipulating the skin in the best way she could, up and down and in large circles.

 

‘There isn’t anything you can do, so you better get on with it’ Leanne called down again.

Becca’s heart sank, she wasn’t even making an impression, this was the best she could do and it didn’t matter. She looked up past the seemingly endless toned legs to see Leanne looking down at her phone with a disgruntled look plastered across her face. She could already she her teeth gently snapping together, twisting and grinding enamel to dust. Her fear grew, propped up on elbow grease she frantically dragged her hands down, locking them into a death grip around the formidable toe. She bent her knees moving into a sumo sized hug. Her whole body shook, moving up and down, back and forth in a frantic attempt to even tough on a massage.

Leanne looked down with an overzealous smirk, her eyes widened and she burst into a laughing fit.

‘Are you humping my toe?’ she chortled out through the breaks in her exasperated hoots, ‘I love it, but…’ she said while leaning forward, with her right hand she plucked Becca’s tiny form, a grain of rice to twaddle between her  fingers. She brought Becca back up to the pantheon of her monolithic face. ‘It’s not quite what I asked for is it?’

Becca stayed quiet looking at the gigantic piercing eyes through the welling tears of her own.

‘Well is it?’ Leanne asked again.

‘No’ Becca, the word quietly whispered out of her without her moving her lips.

‘So if you were me, and you had a naughty slave that didn’t do what they were told, what would you do?’

Becca stayed silent. Clenching her fists and looking down past her dangling legs to the distant floor below. Hopefully she would just be dropped and this would all be over.

‘How do you please a god?’ Leanne spoke, a little more annoyed that Becca wouldn’t answer it herself.

She could already feel the fingernails beginning to dig a little harder into her hips.

‘I’ve wanted to do this for all of about five minutes now’

Becca hadn’t quite caught on until she saw Leanne slowly open her mouth. Before she could object she was hanging over the gaping jaws, rows of saliva polished teeth stretched back. A stifled laughed echoed from the cavernous throat, how long would it take for her to hit stomach acid from here she wondered. All she thought about was dropping a penny in a well as a child, a lone whooshing drop with an inevitable ‘plip’.  A sparkling tongue swathed forth, lapping at the tiny bare feet hanging above it.

‘Don’t’ Becca screamed, her whole body writhed and convulsed at the sensation of buds rippling across her soles, ‘Squash me! Crush me! I don’t care. Just don’t eat me!’ her voice quivering looking for a way to appeal to her friend, ‘I’m still a person, you can’t do this it’s me!’ she cried.

‘Now introducing new Becca’ Leanne announced as a sarcastic salesmen, ‘…bite size edition’

Becca heard that cringe worthy laugh again as she dropped with a wet smack. She searched for her footing falling about on the slippery appendage. Now even her laugh was defeating her. An undulating muscle, bouncing with every ‘ha’. On all fours crawled on her belly to the tip. Her hopes all but disintegrated with the closing lips, she was sealed in in the sweltering darkness of Leanne’s maw. A slurping tornado engulfed her, sucking and slathering. As her body was put through a taste test.

Leanne did nothing but torment her tiny captive for the next eight minutes. Letting her struggling body flop helplessly like a dying fish. She revelled in the tingling sensation of tiny fingers grasping for purchase. Every so often she would open her mouth to hear a tiny scream cry out from within.

After an ordeal Becca was unceremoniously fished out, the tongue jostled her body like a toffee to puckered lips. With a satisfying ‘schlip’ sound she was brought back out for her audience.

Leanne examined the tiny creature before her. Long brown hair had become matted and clumped. A film of saliva dribbled down her body. Tracing over the natural curves and dripping away at the spaces between her toes.

‘Anything to say?’ Leanne asked as if she was speaking to a child.

‘I’m sorry’ Becca coughed out.

‘And did you learn your lesson?’

‘Leanne’ she stopped, unsure if she could finish her sentence, ‘You are a goddess. My goddess’

Leanne felt her body tingle. Even though Becca was only saying it because she knew it was what she wanted to hear, she still felt herself flush with power.

‘Good, and I was thinking little Bex. Massages might be a lot easier if you had some little friends to help you out. Who’s that new fella you were dating. Cam was it?’ Becca’s jaw dropped open, ‘he looks like he has strong hands, and from what you said I could use him in the bedroom.’ Leanne winked at Becca as she placed her back on the table.

She stood up and started rifling through her bag. She pulled Becca’s phone from the jeans.

‘Here you go shrimp’ Leanne held the phone up to her, ‘put in your pin’