- Text Size +

Maddison occasionally took brief glances back at Erin who still seemed like she was struggling to keep calm, which made this a race of getting in Erin's good graces before her patience ran out. Maddison couldn't afford to lose control over the situation again, there's no telling how Erin would act in that event.

 

" Um, so if you want anything to drink or whatever, let me know." Maddison offered. Erin only looked back at her for half a second before bitterly turning her head back as if looking at the much larger girl caused her physical discomfort

 

" So much for that." Maddison thought.

 

Like she normally did in the past, Erin would've returned Maddison's dumb statements with piss off or go fuck yourself, but Erin couldn't stop thinking about that day dream she had. It was a dream sure, but a dream that was well in the possibility of reality. As much as she hated to admit it, she had no leverage at all. The most disastrous outcome would be Maddison realizing her physical might over her, and deciding to use it for her amusement. If she could help it Erin didn't want to expedite that process.

 

The next while was painfully awkward, Erin driving herself crazy in her thoughts and Maddison still having ulterior motives of finding some sort of ice breaker.

 

" . . .So why exactly did you do this to me?" Erin asked pretending to be disinterested, but she had to know, why her of all people. She never understood Maddison's hell bent attitude to pursue her. Maddison let a quiet gasp escape, this was probably the first time Erin ever initiated a conversation with her.

 

" Well I . . " She tried to find the words to explain things in a way that didn't sound insane, but that was likely unavoidable given Erin's current position. " I know it sounds weird, but in short I thought we could be friends."

 

" Friends with me? " Erin scoffed. " I would've thought you got the clue that I wanted nothing to do with you."

 

" I guess . . .I sorta thought you were like me." Maddison sighed. " A loner and all."

 

" The difference being that I'm a loner and you're just plain lonely." Erin corrected.

 

Maddison knew there was no arguing that. " Look, I'm really sorry for what I did and once this is all sorted out I hope we can start over." She offered, hoping to let bygones be bygones.

 

Erin stared at Maddison skeptically, the same girl who lured her over, shrunk her down by over half her original height, and is practically holding her captive wants to start over. She wanted to believe this whole innocent act was only a ruse to get her to lower her guard. Then again it would be unnecessary since if Maddison wanted to have her way she would've done so already, forcibly if need be. Once again, she wanted to give a trademark snarky reply to Maddison's request with something like, " Yeah, lets start over at the part where I slapped you." For now though, Erin had to hold back her wrath until the time was right and if that meant appeasing Maddison then so be it.

 

" Sure why not, I'll be your friend . .I guess." Erin shrugged her shoulders.

 

Maddison wanted to rocket straight to the moon at those words and was so ecstatic that she got up and ran over to the teddy-bear sized girl and lifted her up for a big hug. Erin felt winded and overwhelmed from being picked up in such fashion. Maddison was oblivious to the small girl's struggling who was flailing to escape, but was held firmly in place.

 

" Would you put me down!" Erin wheezed out bringing Maddison back to her senses and set her little friend back on the floor. " Sorry, sorry! I got excited! "

 

Erin got her bearings again, however she still didn't like seeing Maddison loom over her, watching with a concerned expression. " Would you please give me some space! "

 

Startled Maddison took a few paces back, she was amazed by her own strength a moment ago. More accurately, how light Erin was when she lifted her up. She wasn't even thinking about it, and was able to hold her without any conscious effort. Still, certainly it wasn't the hug itself that bothered Erin that much was it?

 

Erin let out an exhale of relief, regaining her composure, Maddison being so close placed a much greater emphasis on how much bigger she was when she was standing right next to her. Erin looked back at Maddison who still stared on worried.

 

" What? " Erin irritably asked.

 

" Your reaction . . .was kind of . .unnatural." Maddison pointed out.

 

“ And!?”

 

“ Were you afraid?” Maddison straight-forwardly asked.

 

" What's that supposed to mean!? I'm not scared of anything!" Erin responded immediately going on defensive.

 

" But you were." Maddison stated knowing exactly what she sensed.

 

" So what if I was!? Are you telling me you wouldn't be afraid!?" Erin huffed.

 

Maddison wasn't expecting that question and didn't know how to respond. " Um, I dunno . ." She nervously played with her hair again.

 

" Don't know?! So if the roles were reversed and you were no bigger than a toddler around a full-sized me, you wouldn't be scared at all?" Erin exclaimed. That question put a lot into perspective for Maddison who never considered how things must look from Erin's standpoint.

 

" It makes me feel so . . .so. . . weak! " Erin admitted.

 

Things were starting to make more sense to Maddison and understood the way Erin has behaved so far.

 

" Athenophobia." She said.

 

" Ath-what?" Erin asked.

 

" A fear of weakness."

 

Erin was unable to deny it. " Yeah that's right." She took a deep breath knowing the topic probably needed more explanation.

 

" I can't believe I'm going to tell you this, but back when I was about 9 years old my parents took me to a state fair and we were having a good time and all, but somewhere in the mix though I wandered off away from them. I tried looking around for them but that only got me more lost. Who seemed to be a kind burly stranger recognized that I was lost and offered his help." Erin paused to keep her emotions in check.

 

" I told him what my parents looked like and he said he saw people who looked like that, so without question I followed him. As a naive kid I didn't notice what he was actually doing was taking me further away from all the people until we were alone. When I saw my parents were no where in sight, I finally put two and two together that he was suspicious and tried to run for it, but I was too late and pushed me down onto the ground." Erin began to hold herself for comfort " The sick fucker started to feel around and touch my entire body, sticking his grubby hand underneath my shirt and even . . in my jeans, he kept his other hand on my mouth to muffle my screams. Then he started to force my clothes off and unzipped his own pants. I struggled as hard as I could but it was no use, he was just too big and strong for me. The bastard knew it too and looked at me with that shit eating grin chuckling at me. In some sort of miracle my parents with police officers managed to find me in time before the fucker did anything further and he attempted to flee from sight when he saw the cops. He wasn't fast enough though and they managed to catch him." There was a scowl on Erin's face, she didn't even have to say anything further for Maddison to know how she felt about the ordeal, but let her continue to get things off her chest.

 

" It was great and all that I was saved before he went any further, but I could never stopped imagining what may have happened if no one showed up. It's no secret he would've had his way with me with no trouble. I wouldn't have been able to stop him no matter what I did. It made me feel so, vulnerable and powerless." Erin then looked up and sized up Maddison. " Now here I am, weaker than a pipsqueak pre-schooler around you.”

 

Again Maddison started to feel guilty about the terrifying experience she made Erin recount. Trying to make it a little less strange for the both of them she sat down next to her, granted the size difference was still blatantly noticeable, but at least Erin wouldn't have to strain her neck looking up at her.

 

" Everyone always thinks I'm some sort of bitch since I never want to open up to anyone. It's just so . . ."

 

" Hard." Maddison with a sigh knowing she could relate to how difficult people can be. " People always coming up with their own preconceptions on how they think you are, calling you all sorts of names."

 

For once it was Erin's turn to feel guilty even if it was only a tiny bit. She wasn't the only person to call Maddison a freak, nerd, or some variation, but she knew she chronically gave her one of the hardest times. Ultimately though, Erin was having mixed feelings she really wanted to be angry at Maddison, yet here she was just now opening up and revealing her childhood trauma and fears! And deep down there maybe some truth in that the two aren't so different.

 

" Closure!" Maddison suddenly said without prompt, startling Erin.

 

" What?"

 

" What you need is closure!” Maddison said with a large smile.

 

Erin looked puzzled. “ If you're talking about therapy or some mental crap, been there and done that. It's a waste of time and money if you ask me.”

 

Maddison shook her head. “ No, no. I mean real closure! Since that guy got arrested, he probably did 3-7 years tops and he's probably out of prison already, do you recall his name?" Maddison asked with vigor, she had something in mind.

 

" Nathaniel Miller." Erin lowly answered, obviously a name she would likely never forget for the remainder of her life.

 

Erin wanted to ask what the hell Maddison was going on about, but she had already gotten up and opened up her laptop on her bed. Erin restlessly listened to Maddison type and click away. After doing some investigative work, accessing public criminal records, social media, etc, she had results.

 

" Aha, we're in luck! He still lives in the state and even in this city no less!" Maddison said in excitement.

 

" Enough beating around the bush! What the heck are you implying?!" Erin impatiently shouted.

 

" That we can go pay him visit . .and you can get retribution you deserve." Maddison boldly stated.

 

" Yeah, I'll just do that! I'll walk my 2 feet tall ass over to him and give him a nice scolding and punch in the shin as he molests me again!" Erin grunted at the end, seeing a blaring flaw in Maddison's suggestion. " He's a dangerous, pedophile!"

 

Maddison's lips formed into a devious smile already having the solution to that problem. " He won't be after I use that on him." She jerked her head over to her desk signifying to Erin exactly what she had in mind. Finally, Erin understood where Maddison was going with this and visibly looked conflicted, it very well maybe the chance of a lifetime, but something about confronting a man who did what he did to her after all these years was unsettling.

 

" C'mon, think about what he did to you he's probably out and about doing the same thing to some other poor girl. Are you really content with letting him off the hook without personally making him pay for what he did to you?" Maddison ever so persuasively asked. Erin look on the ground in contemplation. He did deserve to pay, not some shitty prison sentence, a punishment straight from the victim herself, and more importantly putting the past behind her.

 

Erin looked up at Maddison with her mind made up and for the first time had a small mischievous smirk. " Lets do it."

Chapter End Notes:

Seems like Erin has some hidden depths.