- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Yeah I know I have to finish up my other story, I will come back to that hopefully in the future. In all honestly I kinda bit off more than I can chew with my first story. In the future I plan on keeping my stories short and sweet.

Author's Chapter Notes:

The group involves three girls (Annabell, JC, liz) and two guys (Russ, Lucas). Just your typical group of college ready teens.

It started out as a basic camping trip for a group of friends, some new, some old. The group decided to set base camp somewhere in the mountain woods, somewhat a distance away from society. The group composed of three girls along with two guys, from a given perspective the third girl would appear to be the odd man out. The men Lucas and Russ were given of the task of getting the wood, fishing for food, making sure the campsite had everything it needed for the night. The women Liv, Annabell, and JC on the other hand hopelessly tried to look for edible berries around the campsite. Towards the end of the day the group got themselves settled next to the campfire, which Russ had to figure out to do. Both these men believe that they’re doing these women a great deed by taking charge of the trip, mostly likely in hopes of getting lucky. Later on, the group sat by the campfire exchanging questions about each other on a variety of topics. Every now and then a laugh, smile, or giggle would come out the mouths of the merry crew enjoying each other’s presence in the woods. Soon after Lucas prepares the fish he caught earlier in the river near the campsite. After he prepares the fish, he grabs a wooden stake and begins roasting it for the group. As Lucas prepares the next fish, the girls utter out their hunger. In this case it would appear that Lucas and Russ are able to function on a little food. Lucas replies back saying he cooking as fast as he could while trying to ram the second fish with a piece of wood. All the while the girls talked amongst themselves about what going on back at school. Afterwards Russ and Lucas exchange looks thinking that tonight might not be their night.

Under the full moon light night the woods appeared to be without darkness, everyone sat on their chairs eating their fish and small array of berries. Everything under this sky seems to make everything perfect, even the stars seem to have something special about them under this light. After being fed her fill, Liz decided it was time for her to go hit the sack and go to sleep. She tried asking the others to go to bed but everyone wanted to stay up a little longer before heading back home tomorrow. As Liz went away to bed, Russ couldn’t help himself but to tell a scary story involving a man getting his life ended by the hands of a mysterious monster in the woods. During the whole story the others couldn’t help but to think that Russ’s story is complete bullshit. At the end of the story Russ got an earful of laugher instead of terror from the others. Of course Russ tries to pass it off as something that didn’t affect his ego. Lucas on the other hand, humorously began to wonder if Russ was dragging him down when it came to success with women. As if on cue Annabell asked Lucas if there was any more food let that he prepared earlier. Lucas replies with a resounding “no”. Then JC jumps in asking Russ if he has any more water from the river he went to earlier. Russ just like Lucas answers her question with a resounding “no” as well. JC asks Russ if he could take her to the river near the campsite in order to end her thirst. Russ quickly agreed and proceeded to get up from his chair and go with JC to fetch her some water. Russ immediately saw this as an opportunity to be able to get away from the others.

Soon after they were gone it was only Lucas and Annabell left together under the stars near the fire, keeping them warm. Inside of Lucas’s head was going crazy at the fact that he didn’t expect to get this far with the opportunity at hand. He thought this night was going to end in something amazing involving one of the girls, or that his night would end with him taking no action on what’s going on and going to bed feeling unsatisfied. Here he was sitting with a smart, beautiful girl from town. Not to mention her cute smile that seems to make him melt. Lucas for the longest while has been crushing on Annabell for some time now. However, he believes that hasn’t been able to find the right moment yet to tell her how he feels. Just thinking about it all gets him anxious, and uncertain of what would happen if his plan went downhill. He knows that his buddy Russ is the type of guy who’s better suited for these kinds of situations while Lucas on the other hand does not know how to go about it all. For a second Lucas dropped all his doubts and tried not to care too much about his outcome, and instead just tell her how he felt.  As Annabell fiddled with the kindles in the fire, Lucas turned his attention towards her and tries to get her attention. Lucas couldn’t help those blue eyes looking through him, and just began to go on how he felt about her. After he was done it felt like a weight was being lifted off his shoulders, and he felt a tad more confident about his confession. Annabell cheeks turned from pale to red in an instant, she tries to hide her red face from Lucas. Shortly after she replied back feeling the same for Lucas. Hearing Annabell’s comments this made Lucas feel like he was on top of the world with nothing to lose. Still coming off his intoxicating love high, Annabell got up and had something to show Lucas all of a sudden. He really didn’t mind, for once his plan for once was going as it should. Annabell got up, grabbed his Lucas hand and brought him away from the campsite. She took him deeper and deeper into the woods, while the full moon followed right behind them. They soon reached a clearing inside the woods, the light of the moon left no one spot in total darkness. It quickly dawned on Lucas why Annabell brought him here. Before he could ask her that question a sharp snapping sound echoed throughout the woods.

The sound seemed to come from the direction of where Russ took JC, Lucas told Annabell to stay where she was. He rapidly ran to where the sound was coming from, he just hoped they were both ok. Lucas reached the river where the two were supposed to be, and looked around like a madman for them. Before long Lucas found Russ’s phone that look like it was really beaten up, the funny thing was that his phone was brand new. Lucas began to get sick at the fact that something happened to Russ and JC. Lucas began to fall onto his knees and choke back his tears. He didn’t know even where to begin, or go about finding them. The more he thought about it the more it made him sick. Then he began to wonder if that thing that got Russ and JC might still be wondering around. He got up and ran after Annabell with tears in his eyes, Lucas didn’t want to wonder if something were to happen to Annabell. As soon as reached the clearing Annabell was still standing in the same spot she stood in. Lucas tried to catch his breath and rub away his tears. Then he began to tell Annabell what he found and what he saw, all the while Annabell seem to be emotionless. When Lucas finished his rendition about the situation at hand, Annabell just stood there. Lucas told her that they need to grab Liz and get out of there before they’re next. Lucas grabbed her hand and tried to pull her along, however Lucas suddenly didn’t have the strength to yank her arm. Lucas told her again that they need to leave, but Annabell’s smile turned from blank to mischievous. Lucas slowly backed away from her with a shocked looked on his face. Annabell broke her silence by telling Lucas “sorry”. Lucas replied back asking “sorry about what,” sounding dazed and confused.  

 

Chapter End Notes:

What happens next for Lucas?