- Text Size +

“I-I-I...” Ned stuttered as he stared at the huge shining lips in front of him.

Another gale force wind hit him as the enormous blonde laughed. He was lifted up to her eyes, and the tiny man cringed as he watched her pupils contract as she focused on him. “I bet I almost stepped on you, huh?” She teased as her free hand opened the door and she lurched forward.

Ned was unprepared for the sheer force of that single step. Wind roared in his ears as she moved, and her fingers tightened their grip around him. Then her foot hit the floor, and he felt the power of it jolt up through her entire body. She kicked the door closed with an earth-shattering noise and simply kept walking, showing no concern for the tiny man she carried in her hand. Every step caused his body to shudder in her grasp, while her lavish home became a never ending blur.

As suddenly as everything started, it stopped.

The now tiny man found himself stumbling backwards on a wide wooden surface, his eyes going wide as he tried to take in the massive bedroom around him. The gigantic teen hummed to herself as she dropped her purse and backpack on the ground, before tossing her gym bag next to a distant hamper the size of a small building. Her simple everyday movements left the tiny man mesmerized, his eyes following her flexing muscles as they bulged against her tanned skin. Faster than he thought something her size could move, she crossed the room and crashed down into a huge leather office chair, making Ned finally realize that he was standing on her desk.

Her chest was emblazoned with the words, 'Property of the Greentown High School Athletics Department,' in a dark forest green that matched the deep gray of the t-shirt. She cleared her throat, and the horrific grating noise filled his ears, instantly drawing his attention up to her face. “I know it probably hurts your widdle shrunken neck to look up soooo far,” she cooed down at him, lapsing into baby-talk as she lowered her billboard sized face down toward him. Ned backed away as her still sweaty hair dropped down around him like an enormous curtain. Again her bubblegum breath hit him hard as she growled, “But my face is up here you little pervert.”

Ned couldn't help himself as he whimpered in fright, the girl's voice deep and powerful enough to cow him instantly. Despite their size difference, she clearly noticed his reaction, and he watched her lips curve into a haughty smirk.

“P-pl-please,” Ned finally managed, reminding himself that he was the adult in this situation. “You have to help me, I shrank while outside walking my dog-”

A loud laugh interrupted him and completely derailed his train of thought. “Almost eaten by a dog and then almost crushed underneath my foot,” she shook her head back and forth, “This really isn't your day, huh, little guy?”

Ned could feel his lip trembling as she continued to laugh down at him, leaning back in her chair as she draped an arm over her stomach, her whole chest convulsing as she imagined his plight. All the tiny man could think was that it wasn't supposed to be this hard, she was supposed to just call his wife and he would go home.

Instead she pulled out her phone again and began to play with it, posing the question, “What filter should I use for this picture of you?” She turned the phone toward him, and Ned stared at a huge picture of himself standing next to her sneakers. She had already written her proposed caption of, 'Found a Little Loser Today' but it was the series of hashtags that followed that made him uncomfortable. Things like '#ToSquishOrNotToSquish' and '#LivinLarge' filled him with dread but it was when he saw the phrase '#Immune4Life' that he realized just how dangerous his situation was.

She was Immune to the shrinking disease that had rendered him into a toy sized man at her feet. Add that to the fact that her family was well off enough to get the out-of-pocket genetic testing done to determine whether or not she was Immune, and Ned realized he had tried to seek help from an entitled giantess who had no reason to ever even imagine herself in his terrifying position.

“Ugh,” she groaned above, still playing on her phone, “Most of these filters make my cheering sneakers look so gross.”

Frustration welled within Ned as he watched her ignore him. Before he realized what he was doing, Ned was stamping his foot and shouting, “God damn it! This is serious! I am an adult, and I need you to call my wife and tell her where I am. If you don't I-I'll,” Ned began to falter as he watched her face peek out from behind her enormous phone and her fingers soared through the air above him, “I'll have you arrested f-fo-for kidnapping...”

The huge warm fingers wrapped around him with ease, cutting any chance of escape before he even realized he needed to run. Almost instantly, Ned found himself dangling out over the carpet far below. She slowly applied pressure to his body, making him more and more uncomfortable with each passing second. Right as he felt like everything was about to crack, the blonde giantess relented.

“You're right, little guy,” she said sweetly as she lowered him to the floor and gently set him down between her car-sized feet, “This is really serious and that's why if you want me to do something for you, maybe you should do something for me.”

Staring up at her enormous form, he could barely make out her face in the sky above him, and his eyes kept returning to the dusty and rust stained sneakers next to him. The huge cheerleading sneakers were a bright but dulling white, with three silver stripes on the side marking them as Adidas. He swallowed a lump in his throat as he watched them flex, the girl clearly enjoying his discomfort.

“See, the geniuses who designed the school put down these red clay tracks a few years ago, even though the cheerleading squad wears white sneakers,” one massive sneaker slid forward, forcing Ned to leap back in fright. “And every day, every damn practice, my shoes get grosser and grosser and then I have scrub them clean before games. It is the worst.” She nearly groaned as she sat there, glaring down at him, “Now, if you would be nice enough to scrub my sneakers clean for me, I think that would free up my schedule enough to put in this little call to your wife or whatever. Sound fair to you, little guy?”

Ned stared up at the enormous girl as she cocked her head, a condescending look plastered across her huge face. It took him several long beats to realize that his jaw was slack while his brain tried to process everything she had just said. Finally, he managed to sputter out, “You, you c-ca-can't be serious.”

“You'll have to speak up little man,” she sounded so sweet as she leaned down over him, “I can barely hear your weak little voice from all the way up here.” For added effect, she brushed the hair back from her ear and cupped her hand around it, as if she were straining to hear him far below.

“I-I-”

Before he could even begin to protest, her voice thundered over his, “I think you were saying how much you'd love to clean up my sneakers for me, right?” The sneaker's toe rammed directly into Ned's tiny body, knocking him flat on his back. Her foot rose up above him, the dust coated underside filling his vision, the red clay mixing with the white and silver sole making it look like some sort of strange abstract paining. The sound of her opening and closing drawers filled his ears, and Ned watched as a massive oversized scrub brush and hand towel were set down next to him. “They don't need anything really aggressive,” she mused as her foot hit the floor and it briefly shook, “I don't even think they'll need any cleaning products, just a nice soft scrub with some spit.”

Ned trembled as he finally rose to his feet, jumping back as he watched one of her huge fingers descend. Her fingertips brushed against the sneakers, removing some of the rust colored dust that had collected on the sides. “See, nice and easy,” she cooed, resting her elbows on her thighs as she watched him.

The tiny man looked around the room, hoping he could find somewhere to hide from this giant brat until someone more sensible like her parents or an older sibling got home. But as he looked across the clear carpeted floors, he realized there was no where he could go that she wouldn't be able to reach. He'd have to go deep under her bed to have any hope of avoiding her, but as he craned his neck to stare up at the smiling teen, Ned realized that she already knew there was no escape for him. If he took off running, she could crush him beneath the sneakers she was demanding he clean without even getting out of her chair.

Tears welled in his eyes and Ned took in a shuddering breath as he realized that to her getting rid of any evidence of killing someone his size was more inconvenience to the giantess than anything else. She'd have to run her shoe underneath a faucet, wipe it clean, and that would be the end of Ned Cooke.

“Here,” her booming voice broke his train of thought. “Let me get you started on this spit shine, little guy.”

“Wait,” he cried, holding his hands up but it was too late.

She opened her mouth wide and hocked loudly before spitting out a cannonball of saliva down at the toe of her shoe. It crashed into the white sneaker and exploded, coating his entire body in saliva as well as splattering most of the toe.

“There you go, now take the brush,” she gestured to the huge tool with a smile, “Go on.”

His heart pounding in his chest, Ned walked over and hefted the toothbrush-like object into his hands. The brush was lighter than he expected, but his little arms still began to feel the strain after just a few seconds of holding it. Turning about, he stumbled as he tried to accommodate its unwieldy size. Taking a few deep breaths and blinking tears from his eyes, Ned lifted the brush and brought it down against her sneaker before pulling it back and forth.

“Gentle, these things aren't cheap,” she snapped, the mocking sweetness disappearing as she watched him set the work. Slowing down and easing up the pressure, Ned could feel her toes bucking up against the brush. “There you go,” her voice turned saccharine once more, “Nice and easy.”

Ned kept up the slow even pace as he went, and he choked back sobs as he heard her phone's camera click again and again over his head. By the time he finished one of her enormous sneakers, his mouth was dry, his arms felt like lead, and worst of all, her saliva had dried to his skin leaving him sticky and soiled.

The huge blonde leaned back into her chair and swung the clean shoe high into the air as she crossed her legs before idly commanding, “And now the other one.” High above her phone buzzed and beeped in her hand, the girl playing around on it the whole time as Ned did his best to clean her sneakers.

Wiping tears and sweat from his eyes, he frowned as she turned on a desk lamp, the sky outside growing darker with each passing minute. Struggling through the second shoe, Ned told himself that the girl would give up her game when her parents got home and saw him straining to play along with her cruel demands. Scrubbing away at a collected pocket of dirt, the four inch tall man began to think of how much money the girl's family probably had. If they didn't want a lawsuit, they'd have to pay him off to keep quiet. Despite the saliva caked to his thinning brown hair and bare skin, Ned smiled.

A few hours spent submitting to a selfish entitled brat like the blonde giant before him was worth it if it meant he and Joanne could pay off the mortgage or put Jeremy through college. Especially since he doubted his company would keep him on now that he wasn't even five inches tall. Taking a deep breath, Ned found his arms growing lighter as he dragged the oversized cloth across the carpet and wiped the spit shined sneakers clean.

Then the floor shook as the girl let her other shoe fall to the ground.

The air around him was instantly tainted by the stench of her foot sweat after what had clearly been an aggressive practice and a long day. Above him he could hear her sigh in relief before she pried her sock off, the smell intensifying as it hit the floor with a damp plop. He couldn't take his eyes from the girl's massive red and pink sole high above, her fingers kneading into the muscles as she let out a few soft but distinctly feminine grunts.

Her leg swung up, and he crowded against her shoe as her bare foot crashed into the ground next to him. Ned was only able to remain standing by grasping the sneaker laces directly in front of him, only to find himself knocked away by the girl's fingers. This time her foot sweat hit him with its full force as she slid the shoe off directly in front of him, and he was able to parse out the pungent odor of her sweat from the fruity lotions and piney detergents she used.

“Ahh,” another huge sigh floated down as she hooked her finger into the sock and slid it off, letting it fall into the mouth of the shoe. He watched as she stood up, stretching and cracking her spine in the process, all the while her toes wiggling against the soft plush carpet at her feet. Ned waited for her to reach down and inspect the sneakers he had slaved over but instead she stepped over him to her mountainous bed and plopped down hard on it, the metal springs screaming in protest.

The tiny man was dumb founded as he watched the teen lay there, her feet swinging in the air above him, as if she had forgotten he was there. After several long seconds, he started to walk forward, away from the funky cloud left by her sneakers. “Are...,” he began, before he realized there was little to no chance the huge girl would be able to hear him. Taking a deep breath, Ned shouted with all of his might, “Hey!”

One of her feet twitched and then he watched as the blonde giant pushed herself to a sitting position. Her bare feet hit the ground, inadvertently knocking him over, and she leaned out over him, plunging him into shadow. “Oh, right,” she said as she watched Ned roughly push himself back to his feet. “You probably want me to call your wife or whatever, don't you?”

“Yes!” He screamed, rage flowing through him as he marched toward the girl's feet.

“Yeah, about that,” a triumphant smirk crossed her face and Ned stopped instantly.

The girl stood to her full height and in half a step was completely on top of him. The force of her bare foot striking the ground next to him was enough to send the shrunken man to the floor, his head spinning from the sheer power she wielded. Before he could stand up, her fingers were around him like a cage, and digging beneath his squirming terrified form. As she snatched him off the ground, Ned's face was slammed directly into her warm palm, forcing him to suck in sweat and lotion tainted air as he was carried off somewhere.

When the giant girl's hand opened, Ned was in free fall, his limbs windmilling as he released a wordless scream. He hit the ground hard, and what little air was left in his lungs shot out with a loud grunt. The tiny man didn't have the strength to stand as he saw cardboard walls rising up all around him, while the girl held a wide shoebox lid far over head.

“I don't think I'm going to do that,” she said with a broad smile on her face, twirling the lid in her hands and revealing a billboard sized logo that Ned didn't recognize. “You did a really great job with my cheering sneakers and I think someone your size could be pretty useful, sooooo,” she strung the word out, almost singing it as she bobbed her head back and forth, “I think I'm going to keep you.”

Coughing, Ned stood up, and shook his fist at the huge girl, “You can't do this!”

Her face lowered until it hovered directly over the shoebox, and Ned found himself falling onto his back in fright. “I think I just did,” she cooed before blowing him a kiss.
“I-I-I'm not some pet!” He screamed, his voice cracking as tears started to stream down his cheeks.

“No, you're not a pet,” she shook her head, her hair whipping about as she spoke, “You're a slave.”

The word silenced Ned instantly, and all he could do was stare up at her, the realization of how easily she could kill and dispose of him flooding back into his brain.

A voice boomed in the distance, “Brittany!”

“Coming, Mom!” The girl called back, her shout almost deafening the tiny man in the shoebox.

Without anymore warning or taunting, she smacked the lid down hard and sealed Ned in darkness. His world lurched violently, and he slammed hard into one of the cardboard walls, which the tiny man found to be surprisingly hard. As suddenly as it began, it stopped, and he found himself laying on the ground, panting in a darkness deeper than any he had ever imagined.