- Text Size +

Chapter 2: The Past, Shifting Perspective





Gabby groaned to herself as she regained consciousness. She tried to sit up, but her head was spinning like mad. And her ears, damn it was like someone had plunged knives into them! Fuck, what the hell had hit her? And why was it so quiet save for that damn ringing?

 

Glancing around, Gabby found herself in some kind of cave... though it wasn't like any cave she had ever been in before. In fact, the walls almost looked like fabric, only way bigger than it should be. Weird, wha- Gabby's thoughts stopped as a sudden blast of cold air caused her to shiver. Damn that was cold! She needed to- Holy fuck she was naked! What the hell had happened to her clothes?!

 

Wait...wait...yes, she was starting to remember now that the spinning was slowing. Right she had been heading toward the farm...found some Swords... beat them up sav- oh shit... oh shit shit shit SHIT!!!! That beam had been...and she had...which meant this… this wasn’t a cave, it was her damn SLEEVE! Oh SHIT!

 

As the full weight of her situation started to sink in, the ringing in Gabby's ears began to fade. As it did, others sounds began to drift back into focus including the booming, and horridly familiar, voice . Oh double shit...

 

"HAHAH! Talking so big and so superior, but now all you are is a fucking ANT!" the Sword that had shrank her yelled out. Another massive explosion and earthquake rocked Gabby's world as the Sword smashed her foot down. Gabby swore as she grabbed onto the fabric beneath her to steady herself. Even with the handholds, it was all she could do not to be thrown around like a ragdoll. Sweet Jesus, all the Sword was doing was stomping her foot down, but it was like being in an artillery barrage!  She had to get out of here!

 

"Why don't you come out of there and start talking big again! Or are YOU too chicken shit!" the Sword taunted again. Gabby tried to get up, but she had barely gotten her feet under her when another massive earthquake rocked the world. Cursing in fury, Gabby was thrown back to the ground and her ears sent back to ringing. Dammit, she couldn't even get up TO run like this! Fuck it, if she had to crawl to get out of here then crawl she would! Gabby started to scramble on all fours toward the exit of the sleeve as she hoped the next stomp wasn’t aimed at her.

 

"Now learn your place you stupid Shield, bitch! Underneath our boots!" the Sword yelled out and Gabby stopped as she grabbed hold of the sleeve. Fuck, not the sleeve, not the sleeve, not the sleeve!

 

"Hannah, stop... playing with her and....help me," another rumbling, though more distant voice said through pained gasps. That had to be the Sword Gabby had broken the ribs of since the other one was unconscious. The stomp Gabby had been preparing for didn’t come as the world seemed to hold its breath.

 

"Oh stop being such a baby, Linda. I’m almost done torturing her so just wait,” Hannah’s booming voice echoed from above. Dammit, that bitch was just toying with her! Screw the risk of falling down, Gabby needed to get out of here! Springing to her feet, Gabby took off at a full sprint toward the exit of the sleeve.

 

"Leave her...dammit. Going to be...freezing...and she has....no clothes or...supplies,"  Linda gasped out. Gabby's sprint slowed a bit as she realized Linda had a very good point. Even if she got out of this sleeve, Gabby was butt naked, had no supplies or tools at all, and the cold was only getting worse the closer she got to the exit. If she was stuck out here once it turned night with no supplies… fuck.

 

"...Oh fine. I guess leaving her to, slowly, freeze to death is good enough," Hannah said as her booming footsteps began to move away from Gabby's massive clothing. Gabby let out a relieved sigh as she slowed to a stop a few feet from the exit of her sleeve. She had been spared, for now, but if she didn't think of something fast her execution would have only been delayed. As if to push the point home, a bitingly cold wind blasted its way into the sleeve and Gabby started to shiver as she wrapped her arms around her. Fuck, this was bad. It was already getting dangerously cold and it wasn’t even late afternoon.

 

Looking out of the sleeve, Gabby saw the Sword that shrank her, Hannah, help Linda up off the ground. As Hannah and Linda stood up, Hannah’s head turned back toward where Gabby was. Swearing, Gabby ducked back inside before the Sword’s HUD visor picked her up. Dammit,with that bitch watching her clothing she was going to have a hell of a time getting out. At least until she passed by Gabby's clothing...

 

Gabby waited till the two Swords had passed her by, before peeking out again. Hannah had Linda slung over her shoulder and was helping her to the car. With Hannah focused on keeping Linda moving, Gabby had her best chance of getting out of her clothing. But that presented another problem, where did she go?

 

The, originally, small road was now a massive wasteland of nothing save old, slowly breaking apart gravel and asphalt. There was no cover to speak of or any place to hide save her clothing. Worse, the wind, with nothing to break it, was blasting across the ground with bone-chilling force. The area was nothing but a death trap and the only break from it was the distant forest with fuck knows what inside it. Still...the forest was the only real chance she had of escaping so...

 

Taking a deep breath and wrapping her arms around her as tight as she could, Gabby took off at full speed for the forest. Her running, however, only made the biting cold wind worse and Gabby was having to fight not to shiver herself into taking a fall. Dammit, she could swear she could feel her hands and feet getting frostbite already. Despite the pain and the cold sapping her strength, Gabby pushed on and keep running for the "safety" of the forest.

 

Gabby thought she was, maybe, a fourth there when the rumbling footsteps stopped. She glanced over and saw Hannah opening the door to the car to load her hurt comrade in. Fuck, she wasn't even close to being at the forest and Hannah was, already, loading Linda inside. Any second now she would turn around and Gabby would be royally fucked unless she thought of something! Come on, Gabby, what what Isabella or Alice do?!

 

Hannah grumbled a few things before getting Linda into the car. Linda groaned in pain, but was inside and ready to go. Hannah closed the door and started to turn as Gabby's mind was, still, drawing a blank. Dammit, she wasn't good with those whole thinking thing, she just hit things and left the rest to others! Fucking motion tracking vis- MOTION TRACKING!

 

Suddenly hit with inspiration, Gabby stopped dead in her tracks and flopped to the ground. The rough gravel smacking into her bare skin caused her to wince a bit, but Gabby pushed aside the pain as she stared up at Hannah. The Sword turned fully around and her eyes scanned over the area. Gabby held her breath as they moved to look in her direction and, for a second, she was sure they were looking dead at her. But then the second passed and Hannah's eyes moved on. Holy shit...it had worked...the visor couldn't pick her up since she was still. However, keeping still might be a problem as the wind started to blast into her again.

 

Gabby tightened her arms as she fought her bodies natural response to the cold. If she started to shiver, it might give enough movement for the visor to pick up. She had to stay still till Hannah moved past her. Dammit, what was that bitch waiting for, an invitation?! MOVE ALREADY!!

 

Hannah started forward again, finally, and her booming footsteps become louder with each step along with the shaking ground. Gabby watched Hannah as her massive form moved toward her. Fuck...she hadn’t realized just how fucking huge Hannah was now that Gabby was shrunk. It was like a fucking skyscraper was moving toward her! Worry started to creep in as Hannah got closer and closer, but it faded as the Sword shifted to move toward Gabby's clothes. Gabby waited a second before, slowly, rolling over to see what Hannah was doing. She got turned around just in time to see Hannah smash her foot down on Gabby's old clothing again, this time the very sleeve Gabby had been in. Fuck, if she had stayed that would have been her...

 

Hannah let out a slight chuckle before heading toward the knocked out Sword. Gabby would have loved to see who was chuckling if Gabby was her old size... but she wasn't. Despite how much better, stronger, and tougher Gabby was then Hannah, it didn't matter for shit with the size difference between them. At this size, all Gabby could do was run and hide... FUCK she HATED this! If only she had dodged that beam...

 

With Hannah now facing away from her, Gabby started back to running for the forest. She let her body go back to shivering like mad as she pushed her screaming legs to their limit. Her lungs burned and screamed as she sucked in freezing air and her hands were starting to lose their feeling, but still she keep going. Stopping was not an option and neither was dying. Like hell she was going to die like this and to these fucking Swords! Can't even fight her in a fair fight... DAMMIT, she was going to make them pay if- no WHEN she got her size back!

 

Finally, after what seemed like hours, Gabby stumbled her way off the road and into the forest. She collapsed to her knees and gasped for air as she tried to catch her breath. Crawling her way to a nearby dead tree, Gabby slumped down and took cover behind it. She plunged her hands into her armpits to try and warm them as her body shivered uncontrollably. It was all she could do to not bite her tongue off with her teeth chattering like this.

 

Behind her, Gabby could hear Hannah carrying the unconscious Sword to the car. Thinking on it more, Gabby probably should have headed for it all things considered. Getting in would have been tough, but at least she would have had warmth and she could have, easily, stayed hidden. And, once she got back to base, could have found Isabella or some other Shield to help her. Yeah...that would have been a much better plan... But that plan was no longer viable as Gabby heard the car door open again. Even if Gabby still had the energy to get to the car, she would never make it in time. All she could do was sit here and listen to it start up. Fuck…

 

Depression and hopeless began to creep into Gabby along with the cold. What the fuck was she supposed to do now? Her one ride back to civilization was rumbling its way down the road, lost to her. She had no clothes, no tools, no nothing, and could guess frostbite was starting to set in on more that one of her extremities. Best of all, though, the sun was already starting to set meaning it was only going to get colder. She was screwed...that Sword bitch had been right, she was fu-...

 

No… No NO! Like HELL she was going to let Linda be right! She was NOT going to die like this, dammit! She was a MARINE! She was a fucking SHIELD! She was FUCKING GABRIELLA PEARSON, the toughest bitch in the Atlanta Society! If she was going down it would be swinging, even if it was swinging on mother nature her fucking self!

 

Summoning up a second wind of energy, Gabby forced herself up and thought back to her training days. OK, first off she needed to get warm and for that she needed a fire. Thankfully, it hadn't rained or snowed in awhile so most of the wood around here was dry. Even better, the dead trees made it easy to break off limbs for the wood she needed. A few minutes of work saw her with a good pile of fire wood. Good, now she needed that fire.

 

Gabby had learned how to start fire without matches back in her Marine days, but hadn't used the skill in a number of years. To say she was rusty would have been an understatement and her numb hands only made it harder. After breaking and ruining more sticks than she cared to count, Gabby, finally, got one to start smoking. She blew on it a few times before the welcome orange glow of fire appeared on it. Oh sweet God of Fire, thank you! Gabby put the tiny flame into the fire pit she had made and let out a relieved sigh as the tiny flame roared into a full blown fire.

 

It took a bit of effort not to huge the warming flames as its welcome warmth began to spread out. Gabby got as close to it as she dared and let the oh so good warmth unfreeze her. Sadly, however, the fire could only do so much and with no clothes to keep her warmth in, it left her just as quickly as it came. Well if one fire wasn't enough, maybe two would do it!

 

Gabby started to stand up to try and get some more wood when a soft rustle sound came from behind her. Gabby froze half standing as her body tensed into readiness. Her hand, slowly, drifted down to a piece of wood that was sticking out of the fire and grabbed hold of it. A club wouldn't deter too many animals, but a flaming one would make most think twice. Gabby took a deep breath before whirling around, stick raised to strike.

 

Her movement stopped dead, however, as she came face to barrel with a rifle. Ah shit...

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It had taken about thirty minutes for Alice to arrive at the Ranger cache. The trip had been uneventful and given her plenty of time to think. Sadly, even with all that time, she couldn't narrow down her multiple theories as to why Angela would want her dead. Revenge for Lutice and a full-on takeover seemed just as likely as the other, and there was always the chance of some other reason she hadn’t thought of. It was vexing, to say the least, but that issue would have to wait till after Gabriella was safe.

 

The cache itself was hidden inside an old, weather-beaten garage. The house that it had been connected to had collapsed either from age or weather, but the garage had managed to survive. Alice took a few moments to check around it for hidden traps and the means to open it. Caches were, always, well protected by traps and, occasionally, trained catgirls. The supplies and equipment in them were just as, if not more, valuable to the Resistance, after all. This one was no different, but all the traps set near this one were for normal-sized people. Good, she didn't want to have to waste time disarming them.

 

With the traps posing no threat to her, Alice focused on finding a way inside. The steel garage door didn't have a handle or anything else to grab hold of, making any attempt to force it open doomed to fail. After some more careful searching, Alice found an old garage opener hidden on top of a window seal and behind some kudzu that had, obviously, been placed there on purpose. Alice pushed the button on the remote and the garage’s old engine rumbled to life. The garage's steel door groaned and hissed as it slid open, revealed the welcome sight of a jeep along with a number of supply crates stacked beside it. Excellent, this cache still had its vehicle.

 

Alice headed inside and decided to focus on the jeep first. She gave it a quick inspection and found it in good working order with plenty of gas and oil. Even better, the back of the vehicle was already loaded with some basic supplies: food, water, camping supplies, etc... Alice needed to remember to thank whoever had last restocked this cache...assuming she ever got the chance.

 

Shaking off that dark thought, Alice turned to the supply crates. Most of them were full of more of the basics the jeep was already stocked with, food and such. However, one of the rear most crates had spare Ranger equipment inside including wrist units, radios, and shield generators. Alice was still reluctant to make use of a wrist unit, but the radios and shield generators could be useful. She loaded a few of each into the jeep along with some more food and water, but made sure to leave plenty incase another Ranger needed this cache. Whatever was going on hadn’t changed her loyalty to her own.

 

With the jeep ready for her trip, Alice moved it outside before sealing the cache, again. She re hide the remote to the door and made sure the traps were all still in working order. Once she was satisfied the cache was fully protected and sealed,  Alice climbed into the jeep and took out her map.

 

While Alice did need to hurry if she wanted to reach Gabriella in time, she needed to avoid any major traffic areas as well. Even in the jeep, there was a risk of someone seeing and recognizing her, and that risk increased right along with the traffic. Thankfully, Alice had made a point of marking backroads that were still passable since many of her patrols were out in such areas. It was highly unlikely that she would see anyone, save for fellow Wilderness Rangers, on those roads. As Alice figured out her route, she made sure to use those roads as much as possible. She couldn't avoid the risky roads completely, but she could minimize the risk as much as possible. With the her route made, Alice was ready to get moving.

 

Setting the map down in the passenger seat, Alice shifted the jeep into gear and started on her way. As tempting as it was to speed toward Gabriella's destination, she made sure to keep a steady pace. Racing ahead would only draw more attention to her and put her in risk of wrecking. Getting injured, or worse, but her own impatience would not help Gabriella at all. Still...it took a conscious effort to keep from doing just that. If she was ambushed by a group with a shrink gun as well...

 

Alice cursed inside her head as she tried to get her mind of that horrid possibility. Glancing down at the radio, Alice switched it on and tuned it to the Society's general frequency, hoping to use it to distract herself. The frequency was not encoded, like others, since all it did was report weather, play music and, occasionally spread the latest gossip. While the Resistance could listen in, there really wasn't anything of value to hear so no one had bothered to encode it. Today, however, the frequency gave none of that. Instead, all that came out of the radio was garbled static, buzzing, and general noise. Alice frowned at the radio as she recognized the sounds of an encrypted signal. Why would the general frequency be encrypted? Alice felt her bad feeling beginning to return...

 

Slowing the jeep so she could focus on the radio more, Alice turned the decoder on and set it to the Ranger decoding set. After a few seconds of working, the decoder activated and the buzzing static shifted into words.

 

"-ase is under attack by Resistance forces! All Sword personnel are to report back to base, immediately! Repeat, Atlanta base is under attack by Resistance forces! All Sword personnel are to report back to base, immediately! Repeat-" the radio blared as the automated message continued.

 

Alice's eyes shot wide at the message and had to fight not to swerve in shock. A Resistance group had attacked the base?! That was...insane AND suicidal! No group had the numbers or the firepower to win such a fight! In fact...wait... Alice's surprise began to die down as she started to think more on this.

 

Unlike many of her comrades, Alice knew the Resistance was not a unified force. In fact, she had gone a step further and made an effort to be familiar with the different groups. She had done some...frowned upon actions to do that, but she had deemed them worth it. Knowing your enemy and all that. Despite that, though, she couldn’t seem to figure out which group would be behind this attack.

 

The Phoenixes were far, FAR too smart and careful for something like this. Not to mention they were still licking their wounds from their failed attempt to capture Manchent. The Snakes might be foolish enough, but they didn't have the skills to sneak all the way to the base without being spotted...not without help, anyway. Perhaps the two had joined together? Possible, but not very likely. Her... contacts had said the two groups were, practically, at war with one another the last time she had meet them.

 

There were the Wolves out to the North east. They were brutal and crazy enough to try... but they were in a turf war with the Wraiths, and a bloody one at that. Crazy they may be, but they were not suicidal, and neither were the Wraiths. Most of the groups to the South were either being pushed back by Sword teams or in hiding from said teams, making them unlikely culprits... Rome might have the firepower, but they were content to sit behind their rivers and dare the Society to come to them. And the Marauders… well they were more interested in robbing normal sized people than fighting the Society. That only left the Elves and Alice knew with absolute certainty it wasn’t them. She supposed her contacts might have left out a few groups or just not known about some, but a group large enough to attack the base would be well known and her contacts had always been forthcoming. So why did she not know about this group...and why had they attacked at such a...convenient time?

 

Alice's bad feeling had returned and her worry began to be split between Gabriella and Isabella. Was the attack a fake? A way to lure people back to the base so Angela could get rid of them like she tried with Alice? No, that would have been unnecessary. Every Society member would have returned to the base, eventually, anyway. There was no reason to lure them back and in such a way that they would be ready for a fight. But the timing of this attack and the lack of a good culprit… Was it all a cover? A way to explain why experience people like her and Gabriella had gone missing? Dammit, something was going on behind the scenes, but Alice couldn't seem to figure out what. Perhaps if she went back to the base...

 

No...no Gabriella was still out there and, potentially, in grave danger. Whatever was going on would have to wait till she made sure Gabriella was safe. And, if what was going on was as big as she feared, Alice would need Gabriella's help to stop whatever was going on. She just hoped Isabella keep herself safe through this "attack", whatever it was. Isabella could take care of herself, but if Aviel, Sanders, or Flonne got caught in the crossfire... Alice decided caution was no longer an option and got the jeep speeding its way through the backroads.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Two hours later saw Alice nearing her destination. The automated message of the attack had stopped and been replaced with an all clear signal. A few orders for patrols to pull back and hunt down stragglers had come through about an hour ago, but since then the radio had been, mostly, quiet. Ironically, the attack may have aided Alice as she hadn't seen anyone along the way. Most likely, any Sword or Ranger patrols out this far had pulled back when they had heard about the attack and, now, were hunting down retreating Resistance. While that did mean she didn't have to worry about discovery, it also meant she had nothing better to do but worry about everything else.

 

Was Isabella alright? Had she been injured in the attack? Had there even been an attack? Had Angela made her move? Was that shrink gun just one of many? All those question and more plagued Alice's mind as she drove on, taunting her with her inability to answer any of them. Still, though, she remained focused on her task. Gabriella came first, answers would come after.

 

Alice slowed the jeep a bit as she started to round a large hill. Her foot shifted toward the gas pedal as she came around th- Swearing out loud, Alice slammed on the brakes as an object appeared in the middle of the road just ahead. The jeep screeched to a halt before it could hit the object and Alice was thrown against her seatbelt from the sudden stop. Alice let out a sigh of relief as she loosened her grip on the wheel. That had been far too close...though, now that she got a good look at the object, she didn't think it would have damaged the jeep. In fact...it looked like...clothing? Why- oh no...

 

A sudden surge of fear and worry hit Alice as her mind processed the implications. Alice nearly jumped out of the jeep, but stopped before her feet hit the ground. If those were Gabriella's clothes and she had been shrunk, Alice could, accidentally, kill her simply by not watching where she was going. She needed to take this slow and methodical.

 

Taking a deep breath to calm herself, Alice leaned out of the car to look for any sign of Gabriella. She didn't see anything save for the road below her, so she stepped out of the vehicle and knelt down to the ground. Looking around herself to make sure she was clear, Alice got down on all fours and began to, slowly, make her way to the clothing.

 

"Gabriella? Gabriella, are you here?" she asked, making sure not to yell. Even just her voice could hurt Gabriella if she wasn't careful and Alice was not going to let that happen. She made sure every move was checked and double checked as she made her way forward. Despite all her caution and methodical looking, she saw no sign of Gabriella.

 

Alice reached the clothing a minute later having still found nothing. Now that she could see the clothing up close, she was positive they were Gabriella's. The armoured jacket was a dead give away and the Shield patch was the final straw. Part of Alice was terrified of looking in them, afraid she would see a bloody smear inside...a smear that had been a good and valued friend. But she had to look, had to know if she had been too late. Alice took a deep breath and, carefully, picked up the clothing.

 

While the clothing did have some blood on it, it was all on the outside and was in too small of blotches to be from a tiny person. Most likely, it was from whoever Gabriella had fought before she had been shrunken. With no blood at all on the inside, and no crushed and broken body laying around the clothing, Alice felt a wave of relief wash over her. Gabriella was still alive...but where had she gone?

 

Alice put the clothing back down as she looked around the area. There wasn't much of anything around her save the shrunken forests on either side of the road. She must have gone into them, but which one? Alice could spend hours looking through one only for Gabriella to be in the other. And with the sun starting to set Alice's light was only going to get weaker as times passed, not to mention the temp- Ahhh, the temperature of course!

 

Standing back up, Alice turned on her HUD patch and switched it to infrared. It was highly unlikely the patch would be able to pick out Gabriella from the trees and other animals scattered about the area, but Alice wasn't looking for her. She was looking for the fire Gabriella had, undoubtedly, made. With it being this cold, Gabriella's first objective would have been to get a fire going and the patch COULD detect the rising heat off it. Alice scanned the area and, soon enough, found an area where warm air was rising up out of the trees. Getting back down into a crawl, Alice started toward the area, hoping that she had found Gabriella.

 

Alice made sure to be just as careful as before as she headed for the fire. She called out to Gabriella a few times, but didn't, or wasn't able to, hear a response. Her patch still hadn't picked her up either despite being only a few feet away. Alice shifted forward that last little bit and looked down at where the fire should be. Instead, all she found was an old, slowly burning out, fire pit. Damn...she wasn't here, but Alice was on the right track.

 

Moving her finger to hover over the fire, Alice was fairly sure the fire had been made recently. A little over an hour...maybe more if she had to guess. Shrunken as she was, Gabriella couldn't have gone too far, doubly so with her lack of any supplies. Alice started to look around the campsite to try and track her down. While tracking shrunken people wasn't easy, thanks to the size difference, Gabriella's usual style of just plowing through everything should have made for an easy task. Only...it didn't.

 

Despite looking for a good five minutes, Alice couldn't seem to pick up Gabriella's trail. She thought she had found it a few moments before, but that trail had led right back to the road and Alice had, quickly, realized it was the trail Gabriella had blazed getting to the camp. But once that trail reached the campsite, all sign of Gabriella stopped completely. It was like she had just vanished... Had the Society come back for her? No, she would have seen their footprints and the same for a catgirl. So what...or, perhaps, whom; had happened to Gabriella?

 

Alice's worry began to mount as time slipped away. She wasn't finding anything around the campsite, but maybe there was something in the camp itself. Alice shifted back to it and lowered herself down to get a good look around it. There didn't seem to be anything here either, save the burned out fir- wait... Shifting her head down, slightly, Alice was just able to see some kind of mark carved into a tree. The shadows and the odd angle she was looking at it from made it impossible to tell what it was, though.

 

Getting back up, Alice reached down and, carefully, pulled the tree up out of the ground. Despite her care, the top of the tree crumbled under her gigantic fingers, but she still managed to pull it out of the ground. She brought it up to her face and turned it until she could see the mark. The mark looked to be a face with pointed ears and a slight scowl that had been carved into the bark. It was a sign Alice was more than a bit familiar with. Now she knew why she hadn't been able to find Gabriella. Because the Elves had found her first.

 

Report on Resistance Groups in Atlanta area:

Section 7: Elves

 

Despite our best efforts at trying to acquire more information on the “Elves” Resistance group, I must report that we have learned very little. The group is far more elusive and secretive than any other Resistance group and has almost no contact with other groups. Typical channels of information have proven unusable or, simply, unhelpful What little we have been able to learn has all been from secondary sources: people who have meet people who meet them, or traders who claim to have traded with them. Because of this, I am forced to state that any information here may be inaccurate.

 

The only bit of information we can state as accurate is their territory. The Elves control a large area far to the north northeast of Atlanta. Most of the area is rural farmlands and rugged mountains which makes any attempt to find them in the area near impossible. Exact numbers of how many people they have vary wildly, but we estimate somewhere between one to three thousand. This would make them, easily, the largest Resistance group in our area. However, we do not feel this warrants them being placed on the higher danger levels.

 

The reason for this is their survival strategy. While little information could be gleaned from Resistance sources, one point that was always made was their unwillingness to fight Society forces. All of our sources agreed that they attempt to avoid our patrols and have never been known to combat them. This information is supported by our own studies which show no known Elven attacks.

 

Taking this into consideration, we have given the Elves a danger level of low. While their numbers are worrying, their avoidance of our forces suggests they have little in the way of combat strength. More than likely, they would attempt to flee rather than face a full on assault, making them a minor threat at best. My own suggestion is to leave them and focus on more immediate threats.

 

Addendum: Don’t believe a word of that crap on their threat level. That group isn’t running scared, they're just biding time, waiting for the perfect chance. Need proof? If they are so weak, why hasn’t the Marauders or Wolves or any other Resistance group wiped them out? These are no-

 

EDIT TERMINATED BY ADMINISTRATOR

 

STUDY LEADER DOBBS’ REQUEST TO DELETE ADDENDUM PENDING.

Chapter End Notes:

holy shit sorry this took so long but work has been kicking my ass. The fact my co-worker took the week off and I have had to do mine AND her work this week hasn't helped. Anyway, I will try to get back on schedule, but with school winding down I wouldn't hold my breath.