- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Another update and this was one of those chapters I really enjoyed writing , it was fun and touching, what's not to enjoy?

Hopefully I can maintain this speed, to make up for the slow updates since I started college. 

When she finally came to a stop, Graham realised they were in a park. To be more specific, the First National Park of Home; the largest and oldest park in the capital city. Twenty square kilometres of paths and greenery juxtaposed with modern lighting and kiosks catered to the young and old . Graham had been here before but  never with Dawn and he had never seen it from her point of view before.


 Above the tall street lamps that illuminated the many stone pathways, the grass-like  and trees looked more like the sea , a gentle gust making the trees themselves sway like kelp in the water while the kiosks stood lifeless, their vendors gone for the night.


 “ You like it?” Dawn hoped he would , she didn’t have any other place in mind. She’d often bring Lucky here for his walks and enjoyed the wide open spaces. It was one of the few places where she wouldn’t feel so claustrophobic and cramped, even at home seeing her father reminded her of the true scale of the world.


“ I do Dawn, I really do. Now no one can stop you from dancing. No one can stop us from dancing.”


 He was extremely disappointed that the school would even restrict her from that. Dawn had told him about a list she got from the school and she could never do on pain of expulsion. It hurt her to even tell him this but Dawn had insisted on being open about it, in case he ever wanted her to try any of them. He couldn’t remember them, since there were over fifty items on the lists although Dawn had memorised them by heart.


  “ I know because it's so big and there’s no one around anyway!” Dawn did a twirl in delight ,throwing her arms up.


  She dropped her leg on to the ground, causing the ground to shake and startling a pair of joggers.


 “ Almost,” Graham corrected her as he spotted the startled joggers.


“Sorry,” she apologised to them. They carried on with their jogging , Dawn slowly walking up to Graham.

 

“ Finally, we can dance.”


Before Graham could ask how, Dawn had him in the palm of her hand.


“How will we dance? We’re a pretty odd pairing ya know. I could hug your ankle but then it would be like an amusement ride?”


 Dawn’s confused look said it all, she hadn’t considered. Another obstacle because of her size.


“Humph,” she snorted , blasting out air from her nostrils which blew past Graham.


“ You could hang from my top and I’ll sway,” She suggested but immediately wished she hadn’t.


“No I could fall off , I can’t hang on to save my life,” Graham said as he shot down the idea. He also didn’t want to be hanging on to Dawn’s breasts, it didn’t feel right at all.


 “Oh, what about letting you stand on my shoulder, a strand of hair around your waist and I dance?” She offered, it was a lot more appropriate plus safe for him.


 “ But it would just be you dancing with me hanging on like some earring,” Graham said while feeling increasingly let down. Even dancing was such a hassle, he wished he could be as big as her or she was as small as him.


 Dawn thought about it, when she realised the answer was right there. Graham, standing in the center of her fleshy palm would be enough.


She jolted her palm a little, causing Graham to stumble like a drunkard.


“Careful Dawn,” He was a little worried by the sudden movement and devilish glint in her eye.


“We’ll dance with you in my palm, just sway a little. It’s best we can do,” Dawn hummed a tune and began to slowly swish her hips. Her melodious voice filled the night air, Graham found himself tapping his foot along to her oral music.


   It wasn’t difficult, his best friend had a lovely voice and he moved with her. He often heard her sing to Lucky, just before one of his naps when the only thing that could get him to sleep was Dawn’s singing voice. She’d deny it in public but in private, she was even the equal of her mother.


 “ Don’t you just love this? The two of us, finally in a place where no one can tell us what not to do?” Dawn asked in a sing song voice, elated to not have bullies or people telling what she couldn’t do here.


 On the ground her feet, bigger than a bus, moved fluidly , causing gentle rhythmic tremors as they rose and fell to the beat. Dawn wasn’t a klutz when she didn’t feel pressured, here she could spread her wings and be free, graceful like a swan.

 Graham wasn’t as graceful, in fact after a while as Dawn got more into the dance she began to sway more and this caused him to bobble like a boat in a storm. His only respite came when he bounced against Dawn’s chest.


She may not have her mother’s bosom but that didn’t means Dawn’s were small, hers were still  the size of a small house. They were soft enough for the blow to be dampened and Graham wanted to protest but as he opened his mouth, he saw how happy she looked. He’d let it go.


Crucially, he also saw  how beautiful she was. The combination of being bathed in the moonlight, her radiant smile and snow white hair made her look otherworldly and it was breathtaking., almost as if she were a goddess of the moon come to join the mortals in their revelry.


 For that view, Graham would allow himself to be knocked off his feet. He already was, in a metaphorical sense.


 They could have danced if not for the loud anguished wail that followed next.


****

“STOP!” George called out to Dawn who spun one hundred and fifty degrees in his direction. She was mildly startled, expecting no one else but Graham to be here. Yet here was George, probably trying to wreck her day again.


“What do you want?” She asked coldly, suspecting something was up about him. Her cold steely gaze was enough to stop George from coming any closer.


“ I-I can’t let this go on any longer,” he said. He stepped back , trying not to give Dawn the wrong impression. She followed it up by coming closer, her gargantuan feet closing the distance quickly.


 “ I just want some time with my best friend and we’re not in school moron so you got no reason to even try and ruin my life; or are you so pathetic that you got to go out of your way to get your high?”


 Each word punctured his heart, eroding his morale and leaving him speechless.


“Answer me damn it!”


Dawn stomped her foot hard, knocking George off his feet and on to his ass. From here, Dawn looked even more imposing, like a goddess about to unleash her wrath on a helpless worshipper.


George looked around, muttering some choice words as Edmund was nowhere to be found. Probably hiding in some bush, he thought.


He raised his arms straight up in surrender.


“I am sorry for all that but the truth is,I am jealous of you.”


“Oh come on! No one will believe that,” Graham snapped viciously at George from high up, like a judge passing sentence.


 Dawn looked down at Graham, a little touched by his outburst. Normally she did the protecting but to see Graham do it for her, it was adorable to see a boy smaller than her finger defend her. The best part was that George seemed to be fazed by it but then she noticed he seemed hurt.


 It was enough to get her to lower her guard.


“ Why are you jealous of me George?” Dawn wiggled her toes, on the edge of her seat.


 “It’s not you to be specific, it’s him, the fat boy,” He pointed straight at Graham.


“Oh my, I’ve certainly led a life to be envied,” Graham said sarcastically.


“ Not that, it’s you are so close to Dawn Martel, the most beautiful girl in school and you don’t deserve any second of it,” George said.


Dawn’s cheek flushed , turning a deep shade of maroon. She had heard them, he actually thought she was beautiful, the first boy to tell her that!


 “You think so?” She said, softer and gentler than before.


He nodded, “ I know it. You’re not like your mother but that’s what makes you better, you’re so graceful and delicate yet so strong because you’re a giant. It’s amazing!”


“Oh right, this is definitely a trick! A really sick joke from you George. You thought she would believe that you-”


 Dawn placed her finger over Graham’s mouth, muffling his voice until he said no more. She approached her tormentor and bent her knees, not mad but not exactly won over either. She didn’t need to be a genius to work out her answer.


“I’m sorry but it’s a little much for now. I’m glad someone thinks I’m beautiful but our history is too complicated for us to ever be together. Why don’t you start with not picking on me or Graham for a start, then we can consider being friends? I don’t believe people are one hundred percent good or evil, we’re all a mix of both,” Dawn offered her warmest and most reassuring smile. She meant every word, George lacked the cruelty that Edmund could call upon at well. He had a good heart, just misled by bad company.


George wanted to fight it, that he could be with her but the proper counter argument would not form. Every point she made hit him square in the chest. There was no other option.


“ I-I understand. I promise, no more bullying or anything like that. Sorry Graham, hope we can fr- acquaintances,” George turned around and scanned the darkness, looking for Edmund. He knew he was nearby.


 “Erm, over there,” Dawn giggled as she pointed to a hedge where Edmund stuck his head over to see what was going.


 “Thanks, enjoy your dance. You’re really good.”


He chugged off , looking for his friend.


“ That went well,” Edmund said. He kept glancing over George’s shoulder, wary of Dawn.


“She won’t follow, she’s got Graham. I think she’s got a thing for him. Lucky boy,” George looked down at his feet, resigned to his loss.


“Hey there big boy,” Edmund slung his arm over George.


“ Just because she said no now doesn’t mean it will be no next time. For now, lets go get a drink,I got us some fake ids,” He reached into his pocket and pulled out a pair of cards, pressing one into his hand.


George took it, some alcohol would take the edge off the night.

“Okay but promise me thing, we never hurt those two again. Promise?”


Edmund had of course heard everything Dawn said. As much as he enjoyed making Graham’s life hell, he would not get in George’s way.


“Promise,” He and George exchanging a pinky swear, their little fingers wrapped around each other.


******


“ You didn’t believe him did you?” Graham quizzed Dawn who watched her bullies leave the park.


“ I don’t know if it was an act but if it was, it was convincing,” Dawn replied.


“ Doesn’t matter, he’s gone. Lets just dance,” Graham was ticked by George’s sudden confession. But why though? He was confused by it, should he not feel happy that someone thought Dawn was beautiful?


Could it have been George and that was why he felt so aggrieved, his own enemy trying to court Dawn. He knew she could do better, she’d be better off dating her best friend and he hoped she knew that.


 “ Actually,” Dawn yawned, the events of the night tiring her out.


“I’d like to get home but thank you my little knight for protecting me. For that you get this,” Dawn leaned in. It felt natural to do so and only later would she question why.


As her shadow fell over him Graham and looked and was bowled over by her plush lips pressing into him, a thank you for a very wonderful evening.

The moment her lips touched him, he felt as if electricity were coursing through his body. Graham had never felt more alive or proud but why?


 “W-what was that for?” Graham asked her.


Dawn stopped, why had she kissed him? Friends hugged or even highfived each other and while Dawn could do the former , kissing him was beyond that zone.


Neither could come up with a reason , not even after Dawn gave Graham a ride home. They said their goodbyes and Graham went inside while Dawn went to hers.


Inside his home, Graham saw his mother Lenor ,still up and waiting for her son to come home. Like her own son, Lenor had a round face framed with chestnut hair. She was several inches shorter than her own son , coming just up to his chest.

“ How was the dance dear? Was Dawn there?” She bounded up to him and embraced him, snapping Graham out of his daze.


 “ She was and we danced. Or she did, I just stood in her hands and swayed a bit. Then she kissed me, it was weird,” His hand moved up to feel the top of his head, the epicentre where Dawn’s lips had contacted him.


 “Oh?” Lenor said, barely able to contain her excitement.


“I wonder that means Mum, we’ve never done that before,” Graham looked down at her expectantly, hoping his more experienced mother would have an answer.


 “ I would not know dear, that is something for you to figure out,” She replied sweetly, Graham would need to solve this one on her own.

“I’ll sleep on it. Goodnight mom,” Graham replied as he trudged up the stairs.


When she heard his room door close, Lenor jumped for joy, pumping her fist in the air.


“ Oh Dawn, you finally did it!”


******


Dawn came home and the moment he heard the building sized door open, Lucky took off at top speed and was jumping at Dawn’s ankles, clicking his tongue in a bid to get picked up.


“ Of course you get a ride from your mommy Lucky,” Dawn let him climb on to her finger and cradled him against her chest. She spotted a sliver of light from her parent’s room ,surprised they were still up. Taking advantage of that, she thought she’d ask them for advice, they’d know why she did what she did.


  She opened the door and saw Jessica, surprised to see her daughter back. Jessica was tugging a tight fitting shirt over crotch, where a pair of lacy pink panties covered her modesty.


“Oh mom,I thought you would be wearing more clothes?’ Dawn held up a hand to avert her eyes.


“ Sweety ,I didn’t know you’d be back soon,” She kept pulling down on her shirt, trying not to expose herself to Dawn.


 “Where’s Dad? Nevermind I just wanted to-” Dawn halted as she spotted movement from Jessica’s panties, answering her question.


 “Nevermind, I’ll do it in the morning,” Dawn said as she closed the door, grimacing at what she just saw.


 Convinced she was gone, Tucker stuck his head out of Jessica’s panties, hanging on to the lace at the top as he gasped for air.


 “ Did she see me?” He asked Jessica between deep breaths.


 Jessica looked down, over her bosom at her little husband. She chuckled as she shook her head.


 “No but we’re not done either. So get in there my little lover, we’re not even halfway through,” Tucker took in a deep breath as Jessica’s fingers shoved him back in to finish the job.



 

Chapter End Notes:

Please comment!