- Text Size +

*BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*

 Mike's ears were ringing from the loud buzzing sound that seemed to resonate all around Destructpolis. Everyone around him seemed to have heard the same sound since most where looking to the sky and all around. thinking nothing of it and glad he hadn't suffered some kind of brain injury that would cause him to hear sounds Mike made his way back his apartment.

****************************************************************'

Samantha lay on her bed watching youtube videos on her phone as she did every night. The curvy blond girl hadn't much excitement in her life despite the new rug that she got earlier that day. It covered almost half the room. It had a grainy greyish pattern with some light brown at the very end of it. She was unsure why. Samantha walked over the Tv and sat down on her new carpet for some entertaining television.

**********************************************************************

That night as Mike and his family sat down for dinner there was a breaking news story on the Tv. It was on every channel. A very frightened news woman pale as snow appeared on their Tv.

"Honey what do you think it is?" Rachel asked her husband

"Nothing hun, probably just about the buzzing earlier maybe some global warming thing who cares." Mike responded nonchalantly.

"Breaking news" the Tv woman blurted out " Reports of half of entire counites such as EastErner and Gestalt and beyond have gone missing. Officials at the edge of these disappearing counties have reported mile and miles of brown nothing"

"What do you think it is Daddy" Little Mikey Jr. asked

"Nothing Mikey just an illusion besides those counties are on the other side of the state..."

A deafening thunderclap silenced the entire family. Another of the same intensity shook the apartment.

"Just in...reports of a massive asteroid hitting North Yorkville County have just come in....no wait two massive asteroids...We will keep you posted on the development of this story"

"Wow that sure is some bad luck" Mike mumbled.

Mike and his family returned to dinner.

*********************************************************************

Living In Yorkville wasn't ever easy for Tim. He was a homeless man which meant his life was pretty much the streets. He lived on the corner of Horton and Fermont drive and was happy that was his home. That night he saw something no one else would believe.

He was outside looking for scraps s when a massive foot come down on him and pretty much most of the city. No one would believe him this foot was immense. When it landed the most of the city was just gone. By luck or maybe god was repaying ol' Tim for what had happened the foot just missed him. Just as a Tornado could rip apart a house and leave it neighbor untouched This foot has spared Tim, but not untouched. He was tossed by the sheer impact maybe two streets and by another miracle landed on a car. His ears still ringing and his vision blurred he looked up to see a pillar move another equally giant foot another city over. He prayed.

********************************************************************

"Oh boy Cloverfield is on" though Samantha, her channel flipping coming to an end.

She took a seat on her new carpet and watched the opening scene of one of her favorite movies. She loved how you barely saw the monster until the end.

"This carpet feels weird" Samantha mumbled to herself.

It felt like she was sitting on condensed dust. She also thought the same thing walking over it on her way to the Tv. Closer inspection of her feet revealed small dust particles.

"Ew should've vacuumed"

************************************************************************

Blood covered bills eyes and he had trouble focusing. The last thing he saw was a foot miles long coming toward his office building. He didn't get out on time it was too fast. It wouldn't have mattered if he was on the 103rd floor or on the ground the foot effectively destroyed everything. Except him.

All around him rubble stuck to the foots sweaty flesh. He heard strong breathing and smelled mint breathe. Two huge lips appeared before him as the foot was raised upward. He was met with two piercing green eyes. It was the face of a girl. Her bored expression showed she had no interest in saving his or anyone else lives that she had snuffed out with her few footsteps. Her eyes seemed the lock on to him for a brief instant before a minty hurricane blew him off from her foot's sole in the form of a sigh. His mangled body fell to die a tiny pitiful death at the foot of a girl who didn't and never would know he had ever walked on the same earth she had.

******************************************************************

Mike was doing the dishes and was watching little Mikey out of the corner of his eye. Rachel was concerned about the news broadcast even though he had dismissed it as nothing. Mike never trusted these news people that told people when to be afraid.

"Mike Mike come quickly, more news" rachel started yelling.

"Honey, stop you'll freak Jr. out" Mike strolled back into the living room.

"New reports of survivors of the what is now being called the Yorkville Obliteration have reported that it was not a meteor that destroyed the city but a giant foot. Sources include eyewitness accounts of over a thousand people in surrounding areas."

"Bullshit, this isn't possible" Mike said disgruntled.

"Officials advise evacuation for the following areas: Destructoid, New River, Polk, Kerstantown....."

"We should evacuate now Mike this is serious an entire city has just been wiped off the face of the planet we have to move. Go get Mikey." rachel frantically spurted

"This is shit...." Mike said getting the emergency supplies from the closet.

The entire family and most of the tenants in their building all hurried down the stairs. Once outside they saw crowds of people all looking in one direction. Mike and his family went up to the crowd and looked at whatever held their gaze. There in the distance they saw an enormous girl standing near an equally enormous TV set. Her shadow plunged the city into darkness. What followed next would haunt whoever survived for life. Her knees bent and the riot started...