- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Edit (1/8/17): Minor rewrite

Hope you enjoy.

Alex

I rubbed my eyes as I tried to concentrate on the textbook in front of me.  It was nearly 2am and I was spent.  My motivation to succeed on this chemistry test tomorrow completely gone now, my thoughts kept straying to my inviting bed. 

“Come on, slacker!  You’ll never get into med school with this attitude!” a chipper voice teased me.

“Tara, I’m exhausted.  I’ve had a long day of labs and report writing.  I’m quite sure that whatever I learn for the rest of the night would only go into short term memory at best.” I muttered. 

“Oh, don’t be such a wimp.  If I can do it, you can too.” 

This girl was not going to let me off the hook, apparently.  Tara was my lab partner in O-Chem.  A bright and bubbly little thing, she exuded a positive attitude even in the face of Professor D’Alessio’s grueling tests. 

About 5 foot 1, she had a body that displayed her partial Brazilian heritage quite proudly – bronzed skin tone, flowing dark brown hair, a modest chest and an incredibly perky, full backside.  I had to admit she was extremely striking, especially the way she smirked at me now, lips plump, beckoning with her crooked smile.

No, I was just tired.  Tara and I had become good friends, but it had never been anything more than that.  She was one of the few remaining females in my O-Chem class that wasn’t infected yet. 

She put her book down and started fluidly crawling toward me, hips swaying behind her, taunting me with a sexy stare. 

“Hmm, what can I do to get you to stay awake for a little longer…  I wonder…” she mused as she crawled toward my seated form with sultry eyes. 

Inches away from my face, she turned her head and breathed lightly on my neck as I froze, gulping in trepidation.

Abruptly, she pulled back.

“God, guys are so easy! Give’em a little show and they’re drooling all over!” 

“Hey!” 

I turned around and grabbed a pillow off the couch, swatting her with it. 

“That’s not cool! You ought to know better than to tease a guy like that.  I just about had to change my shorts here.” 

Nothing wrong with a little teasing in return, I figured.  I caught her sneak a glance at my jeans, her eyes widening almost imperceptibly when she noticed the impressive outline of my half-formed erection.

“Besides, you know I have Elise.  I suppose I could start accepting applications for my harem, however,” looking down my nose at the fingernails on my right hand, I struck a haughty pose.

“Wow, you really know how to make a girl feel special.  I don’t know how Elise managed to bag you.” she mocked. 

Despite her fake derision, the way she looked at me made me wonder if she really meant some of the things she said. 

“We’re friends, right?” I asked, serious now.

“Of course, yeah.”

“Well, it’s about Elise.” I noticed her slump slightly when I mentioned Elise.  What was she expecting?  

“I love her more than anything, but… well, I feel like she’s changed a little since we started dating.  I’m know it has to do with the virus, and I know she has good reasons for everything, but she’s been a little…stifling.” 

I looked down at my jeans, finding it difficult to admit to even myself.

 “What do you mean?”

“Well, she came to visit about 6 weeks ago and we went to a party together.” She looked attentive, so I continued, “At the party, an infected girl kind of attacked me.”

Attacked you?  Why?  You’re a nice guy.”  She looked dubious.  My head swelled somewhat upon hearing her compliment though.

 “Uh, yeah.  Like, sexually…. raped, I guess you’d call it.  It’s pretty emasculating, I know, but she was a lot bigger than me.  I tried to stop her, but that wasn’t happening.”  I paused, but she was still listening, rapt.

“Elise flipped out.  Actually, ‘flipped out’ is dramatically understating it.  I’m pretty sure she put the girl in the hospital.  She’s well on her way to a full recovery now, but I’ve never seen Elise like that.”

“One second though.”  She looked confused.  “Not that you’re not an Adonis…but, why would she rape you?  I’ve never even heard of that happening.  Outside of some very different circumstances, that is.”

“This is kind of awkward, sorry.  I know I’m nothing special, but I’m infected.  You must have seen the way some of the infected girls act around me in class?...” 

She thought for a second, “Yeah, I guess they do act a little forward with you”

“Seriously?  A little forward?  I’m not sure where you come from, but where I’m from the kind of attention they show me would probably be considered sexual harassment if it were from a guy directed at a woman.

“Look, I’m not gonna go into all the details, but suffice to say that our mutual infections make them desire me.  Like, a lot.”

“Woah, look at you, Mr. Studmuffin! I’m kind of surprised you don’t capitalize on this more! I’ve seen some of the girls going after you, and they’re not hideous.  Not by any means.” She shook her head, incredulous.

“Come to think of it…I’m not sure I’ve seen even a single wholly unattractive infected woman” she mumbled to herself.

“I hear you, but I’m really not looking for the temptation.  I really do love Elise, and I try to control myself.

“The virus makes it a little tough for me too…” I said sheepishly. 

“But, getting back to what I was saying, she’s dominated my personal life.  She spent every weekend here after that one.  She says she just wants to make sure I’m OK, and to keep me safe.  It’s not that she’s jealous, but sometimes, I just want to get out and blow off steam with friends, and, um, she won’t let me.”

“So she, like, ties you up and makes you stay in with her?” I could see her trying to wrap her head around it.

“Nothing like that, but she’s very persuasive.  There was only one time when I actually tried to get out despite her request for me to stay.  She didn’t hurt me, of course, but let’s just say nothing I did was going to matter.  What can I say?  She’s a big girl.”  I hung my head, a little depressed.

“I gotta hear this!  What did she do?” her curiosity bubbled over.

“No way.  It’s too embarrassing.”  I peeked at Tara.  There was no judgment there, just sympathy.  She was a good friend, and I really wanted to get it off my chest.  I couldn’t tell my parents – that was too weird – and Jason and I weren’t talking.  I suspected he might have even had a hand in my rape, if maybe unwillingly. 

Taking a deep breath, I said, “OK, but this is hard for me to say.  We wrestled.  She told me I could leave if I pinned her.  I won’t mention what we agreed I would do if she won… 

“No guy wants to believe they could be thoroughly trounced by their girlfriend.  Women may be physically dominant now – or will be soon – but it’s tough to let go of thousands of years of programmed genetic dominance.  She even gave herself a handicap – held her left arm behind her back.”

“We squared off, and I came at her first.  I came at her hard, but held a little something back in reserve.  Not because I figured it would be enough, but because I could tell myself I wasn’t really trying if she had won.

“I figured grappling with her upper body was going to get me nowhere.  Hell, I don’t even come up to her boobs anymore.  So I went for what I thought would be a point of weakness: her legs. 

“She danced around, giggling, while I tried to grab her large calves to uproot her.  Of course, this got me nowhere.  She’s just over 9 feet tall, and I’m pretty sure she weighs over 500 pounds – never tell her I told you that!

“It was like trying to uproot a tree.  My infection has made me stronger, but I was still overwhelmingly outmatched.  It’s ludicrous to think I could even move her, let alone pin her, but my pride demanded I try.

“When my half-measures weren’t enough, I poured on every ounce of power I possessed.  I could even tell she was toying with me in an effort to avoid damaging my ego – as if it’s not just that much worse when I can plainly see her cheating on my behalf! 

“At one point, she pretended to stumble under my assault, and landed briefly on her back when I grappled her.

“It was clearly just a ruse to get me to grab her upper body, where she wanted to be touched all along.  She was never nasty about it, of course.  She shook with mirth, and though I know it was just because she was genuinely having fun, I felt every chuckle eroding my dignity.

“It’s just not in her to be cruel to me, but there was the look in her eye.  There was love there, but something about the violence of it…  Her desire had been piqued from our closeness. 

“She was clearly humoring me the entire time.  It was humiliating.  I put on a good face when we were done; acted like I didn’t even want to go out anymore.  But my shame was there.  Probably written all over me.  She sensed it, and tried to make it up to me afterward…”

I was quiet for a moment.  Tara listened compassionately as I let it pour out.

“Now I understand what women have experienced for so long.  Their plight was – is still, in some cases – to hold paradoxical control.  The ability to withhold a partner’s desires renders them immense control.  But if stronger partner’s desire becomes great enough, that power can swiftly shift to the other side of the fulcrum.  Ultimately, the power they have is built on the scruples keeping the opposite gender’s inherent physical dominance in check.  This whole power struggle is being turned on its head now, and who knows where scruples will be once the virus becomes pervasive.”

“Are you saying you think the virus has changed Elise?” she asked quietly.  I was kind of amazed at how easy it was to tell her these things.

“That’s the odd part – I don’t think so.  It has given her cravings that she sometimes struggles to control – she’s told me as much, but the sweet Elise I fell in love with is always there.  She’s really doing what she believes is right.  Above all else, she wants me to be happy, and truly believes I would be happiest while safe with her.”

She finally piped up, “Well, maybe I’m out of line with this crazy idea, but have you thought about actually having a heart to heart with her about it?  You may be embarrassed, but you’re in love with each other.  If you really trust her, nothing could come between you but what you allow to do so.”

Perhaps she was right.  I had accepted Elise’s growth – even come to enjoy it – along with the control it gave her during our intimate moments.  It had brought us closer together.  She gained true acceptance from me and I enjoyed her love and trust.  But this was another layer of myself I would have to peel back.  To bare my tender pride to her.  Her control had only appeared occasionally before, but I would be trusting her implicitly with my new commitment.

I had to do it though.  For us. 

“Hey, I’m stealing the spotlight.  What about you?  I know you have a boyfriend back home.  Have the two of you spoken about what this could mean for you?” I asked.

“Sure.  Of course.  With the way this thing has spread, I figured most women just accepted the fact that they would become infected in time.  I certainly have.  That is, unless they’re actively joining one of those quarantine districts.

“It’s a pretty scary thought.  Being small is part of my identity.  I’m not sure how I’ll cope with being so much larger.  Darren and I have been together since high school.  I’m not sure I really love him though.  We agreed we wouldn’t remain exclusive at college, and see what happens when we return home.  Either way, you’ve shown me that it can all work out between infected women and men.” She gave me a bright smile.

“Good thing I’m not infected yet.  I’d probably have tried to jump you by now.  I mean here it is, 2am, we’re in your room, and your roomie is at his girlfriend’s place.  You’d better not be thinking of taking advantage of me.” 

I laughed.  Was she serious?  I was getting some pretty strong vibes from her.  But she was a shameless flirt with all the guys.  I’m not reading into this.

“Well I guess we’re done for the night, huh?  I don’t think I can concentrate on studying anyway with a hot guy in the room.”  She looked out the side of her eye, coquettish.  Was she really coming onto me?  What was it about women?  Something about showing them your weak, ugly sides made them so horny.  Eh, whatever. 

“Yeah, hey, thanks Tara.  You don’t know how much I appreciate you letting me unload that baggage on you.  I feel like a load has been lifted.  I’m really sorry, but I’ve gotta get some sleep.”

I got up and started piling my books and papers.  I’m not one to kick people out of my room, so I just went about my business as she slowly got ready to leave.

Sometime around when I was brushing my teeth, she finished collecting her things and sat on the couch, just staring at me. 

“Happy to help! ‘Night Alex!” she chirped.

“’Night” I muttered, turning back to the sink to wash my face.  I thought I saw her look back over her shoulder at me in the mirror as she left, but I couldn’t be sure.  The door clicked shut.  Finally, some rest.  I had a lot to think about though.

As I climbed into bed I remembered that I needed to call Doctor Dodbele back regarding my virus compatibility.  He said he wanted some blood and semen samples for tests.  Ordinarily that would have weirded me out, but given what Ash had said about my rare condition, I figured it was probably my duty to advance the knowledge of medical science however I could.  Maybe I could do some kind of internship for him.  I’d talk to him about it tomorrow.

Elise

Walking back toward the house, I rifled through the mail. A few bills for my folks, a Victoria’s Secret catalog, couple pieces of junk mail, and… ugh, another letter for me from The Matriarchy.  I opened it, just to see if they had actually changed their pitch. 

Nope, same old spiel.

“Dear Ms. Pierce, we’re pleased to be able to offer you membership within a prestigious new society of women.  Women empowered to bring about a better world.  Women like yourself, ready to throw off the shackles of the patriarchy and achieve a new place for yourself and your peers…”

Same old stuff.  Please join us, lend us credibility.  Same as any movement of its ilk.  They claimed to have big goals – establishing societies for women, where women would be given their rightful place as leaders and decision makers, social shapers and thinkers, instead of being relegated to administrative positions and those that focused solely on physical beauty.  Men were allowed in these communes, of course, but with a condition: they were not to work.  Their place would be in the homes, beholden to their wives’ every whim at the end of the workday.

No one that I knew really took them seriously, but they did make the news occasionally, and I thought I heard that one of their societies had gotten off the ground in upstate New York.  They had setup a wine-making industry there, and were apparently quite successful with it.  Gaia Wines were offered in several different varietals and blends, and available along most of the east coast.  Determination fueled their efforts.  They were clearly well motivated and had a strong work ethic.  Vowing to build upon their industrial capabilities, they planned to branch out into other markets as their community grew.

It didn’t sound horrible, truth be told.  I fantasized often about having Alex at home waiting for me at the end of every day.  What I wouldn’t do to have him here with me now…  I closed my eyes and imagined him massaging every inch of my skin.  He relished touching me, I knew, and I craved the feel of his manly little fingers on me. 

I rushed upstairs and shut my door, ignoring the greeting my mom gave me.  I wasn’t particularly worried about how my rudeness would be received - she knew the drill by now. 

Flushed with burning need, I quickly laid on my new bed, fumbling to strip my pants off.  I exposed my saturated folds and went at it hard with my fingers.  I bucked, arching my pelvis into my furious digits as euphoria quickly overwhelmed me.  A poor substitute for Alex, indeed, but it would do for now.

My body’s demands were increasing, though I wasn’t sure why.  Some days I couldn’t even make it to close of business without having to relieve myself this way.  One time it struck me so powerfully I actually went home sick and attacked myself with my vibrator for a good 20 minutes before I could think straight again. 

My thoughts returned to The Matriarchy.  Though some of what they were doing was lauded as positive change for women, I had heard of horror stories too.  It seemed that some of what occurred with males at their settlements was not strictly voluntary.  Slaves, abused day and night to satisfy the unending sexual requirements of the society’s titular members.  A shudder climbed up my spine.  That would never happen to Alex.  I wouldn’t allow it. 

Cleaning up, I dressed and prepared to head down for dinner.  The new house was still pretty daunting since I hadn’t hit my full growth potential yet.  Our plan to move was accelerated when Mom’s condition manifested more rapidly than anyone had anticipated. 

In the two months since her diagnosis, she had grown to over 10 foot 6 inches.  Five feet in two months!  It was crazy.  Some days I swore I could see her growing.  Our old house had become impossible for her to live in, so she had stayed at a hotel meant to accommodate infected women until our belongings could be moved. 

I looked up at her now and wondered about the fact that I was a couple feet taller than her just 8 weeks ago.  She stood more than a head taller than me now, though I had reached 9 foot 5 myself.

Dad seemed to be holding up well, but the whole thing was a massive adjustment for him, and I could tell it taxed him daily.  Dealing with an insatiable wife, a growing college-aged daughter with her own issues, a new home that was way too big for him, Mom’s recent unemployment, and two mortgages – at least until the other house finally closed escrow.  My heart went out to him.  He was so strong to bear it all on his shoulders for Mom and I.

 

Chapter End Notes:

So you can probably tell I cut the Elise POV short a bit.  Partially it's the fact that I'm tired and it's been a long week at work, but also, I plan to return to her POV with the beginning of the next chapter, so hopefully we haven't lost anything. 

This arc of the story will probably have another 3-5 chapters, and then we should be set up for the next arc.  No promises on that number though ;p

Thanks for reading.  Comments/criticism welcome.