- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hello, hello! Hello all, I'm back with a new chapter! :D And what a HECK of a chapter, it's twenty pages long in my word processor x.x Sorry it took so long, but my video call idea for this chapter gave me some trouble writing this...I hope it works out, though!

 

Hope you all enjoy :) We're at 200 feet, and steadily rising...have fun, and let me know about anything if you've any comments you'd like to share! See you next chapter!

 

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

 

Pella6096. That was the handle of the girl I was dating online. We met on a dating site, strictly text only conversation, but we really hit it off when we started talking about movies. We were an almost perfect match, liking only movies where Lillian and Brob actors engaged with each other on the same set. Things like how Beauty and the Beast took on new meaning when retold to the mixed-size audience. Belle was the monstrous one, a Brob 200 foot tall who was nonetheless beautiful, who romped through town with reckless abandon, forcing the villagers to drive her out into the Beast’s castle. Together, they share the moniker of monster, with only each other to cling to.

 

We laughed together, sharing all the funny situations a Brob and a Lillian couple could get into. I thought it'd be cool to be enveloped in a Brob’s giant kiss, she thought it'd be cute for a Brob to make a Lillian into an accessory. I told her I liked legs, she told me she had 'em. She asked me if I liked tall girls, I told her I'd be all over one. The each of us had no idea if the other was a Brob or Lillian, and part of the fun was in not knowing. We were getting along famously, so we decided to make the switch to video dating. In the little window on my screen was Pella, and boy did she looked stunning. Almond colored locks of wavy long hair fell on either side of her perfectly shaped face, with big, round hazel eyes, a perky little nose and a set of full, pink lips pulled into a charming smile. From the grin she held, Pella liked what she saw on her end, too.

 

"So, Nicky," Pella said with a pleased look, "How do you like being able to finally talk to your new girlfriend?”

 

“Feels good,” I said, returning the smile, “You look amazing, babe.”

 

“That makes two of us,” Pella cooed, brushing her hair behind her ear, “There’s a certain something about seeing you move that words can’t convey. Maybe it’s your eyes?”

 

“Sure, babe,” I said, laughing, “Now that we’re here, what should we do?”

 

Pella gave a feigned thoughtful pose, with a finger on her lips and her eyes rolled upwards as if trying to think. “Hmm,” she said, “What should we do? A little strip tease to get the fire roaring? Maybe a you'd like me to do a sexy dance? Maybe you’d prefer to play Brob and Lillian with different camera angles, reenacting some movie scenes. Decisions, decisions..."

 

"Actually, babe," I said, "The more I see you, the more I want to see you. In the flesh, yeah. You wanna meet up sometime?"

 

Pella's smile wavered briefly, but she quickly picked herself up and chuckled, "Eager one aren't you? But aren't we going a little fast? I think we should give this video thing a try first."

 

"I can't," I grunted, "You don't know what you're doing to me, babe. You're just too beautiful. I don't care if you were a hundred feet and the only thing I could reach was the top of your foot, I just want to see you, Pella."

 

Pella bit her lip. She was obviously thinking things over for real this time, her brow furrowed in thought. Eventually, she came to a decision.

 

"Next week," Pella said, "Sunday, preferably in the evening. Pick somewhere romantic. Sound good?"

 

"Let's meet in Gully Park," I said, "There's a really nice place at the fountain in the plaza, I think you'll like it."

 

Pella typed something on her end, and she raised her eyebrows." That's a Lillian park," she said.

 

"Heh, cat's out of the bag," I chuckled, "Were you hoping that I'd be a Brob?"

 

"No," Pella said, "Just surprised. I don't think I've met a Lillian before."

 

"And I've never walked close to a Brob before," I beamed, "I guess it's the first time for the both of us."

 

"Sounds fun," Pella said, "I'll see you on Sunday, then. You're in for a big surprise."






Gully Park. Named after Gulliver, from the book of the same name. It was named thus because the park was the biggest area in the city a Brob could move about freely in, and was the best place to see Brobs of various heights mingle with the local Lillians. The fountain in the center of the park was especially popular with couples, a romantic rendezvous for any size, the perfect meeting place for couples of unfettered love. There would be droves of Lillian and Brob couples who would gather round the wide plaza surrounding the fountain, openly displaying their affection for one another in plain sight of the public.

 

...Except that the park was completely empty today. I scratched the back of my head, puzzled. It was Sunday, so most people would have had the free time to come here. Forget the couples, not even regular people could presently be seen anywhere. Did I miss out on a announcement? There was no indication that the park was closed when I headed in.

 

Five o’clock. No sign of Pella. No sign of anyone. Did something happen? I was getting more and more nervous now. Something didn’t feel right.

 

It was then that I began feeling the tremors in the ground, percussive beats pounding steadily closer to where I stood. It felt like a Brob’s footsteps, which meant somebody was close by. I looked around, but I was puzzled to still see nobody around. Yetl the footsteps grew stronger with every step, and for a while, I swore that I saw the usually still water from the fountain sloshing about.

 

That was when it happened. For a split second, the sun which hung between two skyscrapers disappeared, casting a dark shadow over the park. Something indescribably large had eclipsed it, the gargantuan form bursting forth from behind the city’s high rise buildings. Its form was silhouetted against the setting sun, making it indistinguishable from where I stood. But I felt the footsteps draw more violently closer yet, and the figure grew larger and larger before me.

 

I gasped. The national average height of a Brob was somewhere between thirty to forty feet. Tiptoeing the tree canopy of the park was a bigger Brob, heck, the biggest Brob I have ever seen. Her knees scraped past the thin foliage, just high enough that her white dress didn’t get caught on any branches. She was meticulously avoiding harm to her surroundings, lifting her feet atop smaller trees like they were some low bushes. Trees which were twenty feet tall.

 

As she cleared the trees and entered the plaza area, I realized she was still headed my way. Panic took over; should I make a run for it and avoid her noticing me, or should I just stay near the fountain and hope she doesn’t step on me? I didn’t have enough time to answer when with just a few strides of the Brob’s extraordinarily long legs, her foot landed right before me. I was greeting the tips of her toes with only a few feet to spare. The force of her footfall quaked the ground hard and blasted a gust of wind in my face. I smelt some sort of...fruity lotion? Before I could wonder, the blast forced me to block it with my free hand.

 

And just as soon as it had come, the blast dissipated. I lifted my hand from my face, unshielding my eyes to see what had appeared before me. A foot massive enough to crush houses in a single step was placed before me, saddled in some lacey white heels. The space between her toes were large enough that were I to be clamped between them, there’d be a lot of wiggle room to spare. The nails at the tip of each toe were like rounded, polished tables, glistening with a glossy layer applied carefully to each digit. The instep was raised to face me, smooth like the nape of a neck, unblemished by imperfections and long and slender like a shoe model’s. That slenderness of the foot, though, was still ten feet across from my perspective, with enough room to trample me twice over. I shuddered to think that had it come any closer, I would have been a red stain beneath it.

 

I looked up. Her legs fell into the sky like impossibly long pillars, falling into the dark recesses of a long skirt. The Brob was wearing pants underneath, presumably to keep the people below trying to steal a look at her lingerie disappointed. My position directly under the Brob prevented me from seeing her face, but I could make out her hands, those large surfaces strong enough to crush a car in her grip, pulling out a slim, black device from her enormous handbag. She tapped the device a few times, and I was suddenly made aware of my ringing phone. It was Pella. I picked it up.

 

“H-hello?” I stuttered.

 

“Nicky?” I heard Pella’s voice through both the the speaker and from the thunderous roar above me.

 

“Pella!” I yelled, both back into the phone and to the Brob above, “You’re standing right over me!”

 

I watched as the foot before me withdraw, landing thirty feet away like it was nothing. I looked up, now unobstructed by silhouettes or shadow, and saw for the first time the same face I had previously seen in that inches-wide window of the video dating service only a week ago. It was Pella, alright; the same almond hair, hazel eyes and winning smile of hers, only far, far bigger than I had anticipated.

 

“Oh, there you are!” Pella said, dropping carefully to her knees and beaming when she made out my diminutive form below her. She leaned in closer, unkowingly filling my entire peripheral vision with her face. Locks of almond hair dropped down next to either side of me, waterfall-like curtains cascading down to surround me from all around. She came so close that her mere breaths became turbulent gusts of warm air, blowing down on me hard as she let out a surprised gasp.

 

“Oh Nicky, I can barely make out your face like this,” Pella said with a troubled expression. Her voice at this proximity was loud enough to cause pain to my ears, and she continued unbeknownst to this fact, “Lillians really are small, huh?”

 

“Pella!” I shouted, clutching my ears, “You’re talking too loudly!”

 

“Oh!” Pella exclaimed. It was a good thing we were both still on our phones, or she might not have heard me. She quickly cleared her throat and lowered her voice into a whisper, “Is this better?”

 

“Yeah,” I said, breathing a small sigh of relief, “Much better, thanks. Is that really you, Pella?.”

 

Pella stifled a chuckle. “Surprised to see me?” She said teasingly, “You said you’d be okay if I was a hundred feet tall, but how about if I topped it up to two hundred?”

 

I balked. I knew Brobdingnagians were big, but even the local ones in town never exceeded fifty feet. This girl I have started to date is a whopping four times taller than that. I felt cold sweat rolling down my face, the statistic barely comprehensible by my little Lillian mind. I was effectively dating a twenty storey building. Part of me just wanted to run.

 

“Here let me-” Pella said, reaching her hand down to pick me up, but I instinctively backed away, scrambling myself as far back as I could go, all the way to the rim of the fountain. This gave pause to Pella’s advance, and she quickly withdrew her hand.

 

“I guess I really am too big,” Pella said a little sadly.

 

“N-no!” I stammered through the phone, “I just...I’m just not prepared. First time, remember? Just let me-”

 

Let me what? Get over my gripping fear of being trampled and crushed by own date? This wasn’t going to work out if I came within a hundred foot radius of Pella. If there was only some way to still see each other without coming too close just yet... my thoughts drifted to the phone I was holding. I had an idea.

 

“Hey Pella,” I said, “Do you have that video call app on your phone?”

 

Pella raised an eyebrow. “I do,” she said, “What are you planning on doing?”

 

“I…I’ll be honest, Pella,” I said, a little defeated, “I know you’d be an amazing girl to hang out with, but right now, my body just can’t stop telling me to run from you. I-I’m afraid...like super afraid, but I do want this to work out. Maybe at least from our screens, we’d look like the same size, just like when I first asked you out. Just give me some time to adjust, we’ll take this nice and slow.”

 

Pella was thoughtful for a moment, then stepped back a good distance away from me. She lowered herself down onto the hard plaza floor, sitting down with her legs tucked to her chest. With a free hand, she tapped her phone a few times, and I got a video phone call on my phone. I pressed the answer button, and Pella’s face lit up on my phone. We were back to looking at each other at more manageable sizes.

 

“Hey,” Pella said.

 

“Heya,” I said back to her.

 

“So,” Pella continued, “What’s going to happen to us now?”

 

I shrugged. “We’ll make it work,” I said, “Somehow. Sorry I’m dragging us down like this.”

 

“Mm,” Pella said, her personality a bit more subdued now that she’s actively trying not to scare me, “I think the video call is working for me, too. You were so small that I wasn’t able to recognize you fully until I saw on screen...um, no offence.”

 

“None taken,” I said with a shrug, “I guess we’ve both got our problems.”

 

“This park is lovely, by the way,” Pella said, quickly changing the subject, “I could see why people would come here.”

 

“Yeah,” I said, scratching my head, “Though there’s usually way more people than this...heck, it’s weird that nobody but us are here.”

 

“Oh, didn’t you know, Nicky?” Pella said, “Brobs two hundred feet tall like me need to register where we’re going to the city’s authorities. You’re...not the only one who’s afraid of me.”

 

From my phone, Pella’s face became incredibly downcast, her eyes looking distantly away from the camera, hiding untold years of solitude and prosecution that came with her size. I tore my eyes from the screen and looked at the real Pella, her head tilted away from me, but her body so huge that even a few hundred feet away, I could see and hear her audibly sigh without my phone’s speaker. She was the Belle of our mixed-sized Beauty and the Beast, shunned by the people around her. I was no Beast, but could I ever hope to console her as her boyfriend?

 

“Hey Pella,” I said, standing up from the fountain I leaned against, “I don’t know if I can, but...I’m going to come over to you.”

 

Pella looked back at her camera and blinked. “Nicky?” She said, unsure of what I was doing.

 

Honestly, I wasn’t sure of what I was doing either, but making Pella sad like this just didn’t sit right with me. I had to go over, show her that I wasn’t like the others, that I could be a source of comfort for her, that I could be brave where it counts. I began walking toward Pella, but as her figure grew the closer I came, the tighter the grip of fear clenched my heart. My legs began shaking, just fifty feet away from Pella and I was at a completely dead stop. I willed myself forward, but the oppressive trepidation of coming close to Pella was too great. I slumped down to my knees, defeated by my own cowardice, my body shaking from head to toe as it screamed at the irrationality of befriending what it identified as a monster. I could only look up timidly at Pella’s saddening face.

 

“I...I’m sorry,” was all I could say. I didn’t even point my phone at my face like I should, just letting the receiver pick up my voice as the device hung limply in my grip.

 

“You tried,” Pella said with a sad smile, “All the others I’ve met didn’t. It means a lot to me, Nicky.”

 

There, Pella began to rise again, standing up to her full height of two hundred feet. I looked in awe, like watching a skyscraper spontaneously erect itself from the ground, and Pella’s dark shadow cast over me once more.

 

Pella regarded me, not through the video call, but with her eyes looking down at the speck on the ground that was me, and said, “I guess I should go-”

 

“WAIT!” I shouted, “Just...um, wait.”

 

Despite myself, I managed to find some last vestige courage, gulping down my fears and looking Pella straight in the eye.

 

“Pella,” I said, “Lend me your foot. B-before we go, I want to at least do something for you.”

 

Pella, not sure of my intent, was hesitant at first, but relented as I stood my ground next to her. Her foot slid its way towards me, as slow and deliberately as Pella could make it go. As it landed not more than a foot from where I was, I felt the blast of warm air rush from beneath her soles, ruffling my hair in a frenzy of wind. I was shaking. Being put at such close proximity to Pella was setting alarms off within my body, but I held on so that I wouldn’t run away, at least. That fruity lotion smell overwhelmed me again. Before me were Pella’s toes, each reaching up to my waist and and far wider than my arms could wrap around. There was a nervous tension in those toes, scrunched slightly out of concern for me, but also clenched together waiting expectantly for me to do something. This was where I needed to act.

 

I bent down and kissed the second toe with a quivering lip. I tasted the hard, glossy surface of the nail in my mouth, and held onto the sides of the massive toe as hard as I could. Could Pella feel me like this? As I looked closer, I realized that the entire length of my body was only slightly bigger than the toe I was making out on. I resolved to make some sort of impact, and began licking the entirety of the nail to compensate for my size. It came to the state where I was waddling in my own saliva to get my tongue onto every inch of Pella’s toenail.

 

Finally, after about a minute, I was done. I slumped back in a trembling daze, my body finally taking back control, and I looked back up at Pella, who by the looks of it was watching the whole time. She smiled down at me, like a goddess pleased by the tribute of her servant, and whispered into her phone, “Thank you.”

 

Pella began walking out of park, leaving me to sit on the plaza floor, drenched in my own saliva and sweat from the entire debacle. I had managed to leave a mark on Pella, one which I hoped was proof enough that I was still devoted to her. For some reason, I desperately wanted to become hers, somebody she could turn to so she’d never make that look of utter sadness again. I picked myself up shakily from the ground, my nerves still rattled by the experience. For now, I had to work on my courage. Then I'd be able to stand with Pella for real.






It was a day after the date. I took the day off to think about what I was doing. Pella had been great online, but how do you date a someone the same height as a high rise building? Turns out, you don't. I flipped through some internet pages about the matter, and most people ran on the first sight of a Brob like Pella. Even the city advisory about Pella's movements yesterday were met with harsh criticism. "Kaiju should stay home!" One disgruntled commuter had to say.

 

I sighed. Was there really no help on the matter? I searched some more, and the number of Brobdingnagians around the world taller than two hundred feet numbered only in the hundreds. Compared to the six billion Lilliputians and hundred million 'smaller' Brobs, they were few and far in between.

 

Just as I wondered what to do, I received a video call on my computer. It was Pella. I scrambled to put my headphones and mic on and pressed the answer button.

 

There she was, in a ten inch by twelve inch window on my screen, surreptitiously hiding the fact that she was two hundred feet tall. Pella didn't look sad; she was happy, in fact. A broad grin rolled over her face when she saw me. It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

 

"Nicky!" Pella said excitedly, "I wasn't sure if I should've called yesterday, but I decided I had to see you again. You're...still okay with me, right...?"

 

" Of course," I said, "You're still the Pella6096 I might only a week ago. I just need to think a little bigger now, that's all."

 

"Like the Borrowers movie," Pella said, "Finding a way to live in a world bigger than yourself."

 

"Or the Tom Thumb adaptation," I said, "We'll be protagonists in our own mixed-size movie, at this rate."

 

We both shared a laugh together. It was good that we could still talk like this, as if nothing had changed between us. I thought that if things continued to go like this, we would work this out somehow.

 

"I've been reading about what I could do," I said, "But I...couldn't find anything useful."

 

" Oh," Pella said, her smile fading a little, "You didn't see any comments about me, did you?"

 

"Fuck 'em," I said, "You're my babe, and no nobody on the Internet is changing that. But I realized that I needed to know more about you if I wanted to do this. My body can't differentiate you from danger, but if I could identify you with who you are, you might become familiar enough that I don’t run at the first sight of you. At least, I hope so."

 

"Well then, lover boy," Pella said in a flirty voice, "What do you want to know about me?"

 

"Hmm," I pondered. I didn't actually think about asking Pella directly, so I just randomly threw out a question, "What's your height? Your exact height."

 

Pella smiled, "You've been looking at it for some time, now. You know the numbers in my handle, 6096? It actually translates to 60.96 meters. I've been hiding my size in plain sight all this while."

 

"Oh," I said, "That's less than a meter taller than the minimum height for Brobs who need to register themselves for travel. I read that somewhere just now. That sucks."

 

"Yeah," Pella said with a sigh, "If I was just a little shorter, I wouldn't be banned from entering cities without registering first. You know I have a friend who was 58 meters tall, and she doesn't have to deal with any of my problems at all? Sometimes I think people simply want to hate people just because they're on the list..."

 

"I...didn't know that," I said meekly, "I knew that the size categories for Brobs were ten feet to nineteen feet, twenty feet to forty-nine feet, fifty feet to one hundred and ninety-nine feet, two hundred feet to five hundred feet, and anything beyond, but I didn't know you were being treated so differently just for falling onto one side."

 

"Yeah," Pella said, "But you're the first Lillian to be nice to me, so I don't care anymore."

 

"A pleasure," I said, "Did you like my little kiss yesterday, by the way?"

 

Pella shifted from her seat, raising her foot to her mouth. On the toe I had smothered myself over yesterday, Pella began sucking on it tenderly. I watched in awe as the toe which I knew was as large as me disappear into her mouth.

 

Pella let go after a while, leaving a glistening string of saliva hanging from her mouth to her toe. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and looked back into the camera. "Does that count as a first kiss?" She said.

 

I laughed, partially at how playful Pella was, but also at the absurdity that, were it me being sucked on there, she could have swallowed me whole at any time without any effort.

 

"Alright," I said, "One more question, then. What's your kink?"

 

Pella hesitated at this one. Her eyes darted around, trying to think up an excuse to not answer. She looked at me with worried eyes, but sighed and said, “Do you know how small a Lillian looks to me, Nicky?”

 

“Er, nope,” I said queasily, not sure where this was going.

 

“Two inches,” Pella said, pinching two inches of space between her thumb and index finger for emphasis, “Today was the first time I stepped into a Lillian city, and you’re the first one I’ve ever met in my life. But before then, I had always imagined what it would be like to meet one in person."

 

Pella adjusted her camera so that it was tilted down, pointing straight at her feet. Offscreen, she had dropped a small beanie toy shaped like a gingerbread man and caught it between her toes. The little beanie man, I realized, was about the same size as me. I watched, captivated by how she nimbly juggled the thing between her toes. She scrunched and she stepped and she squeezed it expertly, and I imagined every moment as if it were me underneath her foot. I felt a chill of terror at the thought of being mangled by mighty digits as large as I was, but also a strange, convoluted jealousy that I couldn’t be in the same position as that toy.

 

“This is what I’ve been doing before I met you,” Pella said from outside her camera view, twirling the beanie man between her toes, “Honestly, I’m happy that we even met, but during the times I was alone like this, I’d...play with this toy. I always imagined that any interaction that happened between me and a Lillian would be limited to my feet. So...I practiced. And as I practiced, I grew accustomed to the idea that I could only touch a Lillian with my feet. That changed as I grew up, of course, but I couldn’t help but want something...somebody...between my toes.”

 

The camera shifted back up to Pella’s eye level. She was blushing slightly, with a worried look on her face. “Does…” She said meekly, “...does this make me weird?”

 

I huffed a breath of air. I probably wasn’t thinking straight, but a part of me didn’t care.

 

“Let’s meet up tonight, somewhere outside the city,” I said.






The sun was beginning to wane. I stood at base of a valley, next to a large lake where the car I had driven here in was parked. I leaned against the steel chassis and looked at my watch: seven o’clock. If there was any indication that Pella was coming, I wasn’t seeing it.

 

Why did I ask her out again, I wondered? Because I was...jealous that a toy served a better partner to Pella than me? That I had to prove my worth somehow, that I was what she needed, and not some beanie boy who couldn’t even kiss her like I could. Granted, I was a shivering mess any time I was near Pella, but I intended to work through it tonight.

 

I looked out into the deep blue depths of the lake, trying to get my bearings for Pella’s arrival. That was when I noticed the ripples, the constant shuddering of the once still surface in repeated, rhythmic waves. I turned around and saw who was making them. Pella came out from around the valley’s bend, brushing aside trees and undergrowth from her path by simply stepping through them. As she came through the clearing, the ground began to shake with that familiar, thunderous footfall, and I gulped as she quickly filled my view, becoming the towering goddess figure my body remembered her to be. I began to shudder. My fight-or-flight reflexes were returning, but I stood firm, letting her approach.

 

At a hundred feet away, Pella came to a stop. She took out her phone and gave me another video call. As I picked it up, she looked down at me with a genuine face to face smile, but her eyes suddenly darted to something else beside me.

 

“Is that a car?” Pella asked me in a stoked voice.

 

“Um, yeah,” I said. Not the first thing I expected her to say, “It’s a crummy Civic hand-me-down. I was thinking of getting a new one, actually-”

 

“Can I...um,” Pella interrupted, “May I hold it?”

 

“...Sure?” I said. I had no idea why it piqued her interest.

 

Pella came forward, and I instantly backed away. She bent down and shoveled her hand beneath the car, dropping loose gravel as she raised it effortlessly into the air in her palm. I had fallen on my back in awe, that she was able to move it without ever a thought about how heavy a car was. It was power, pure and simple, a testament to her strength. And Pella wielded it without reservation.

 

Pella turned the car around in her grip, poking at the doors and twiddling with the wheels. “Wow,” she remarked, “This is the real thing. I was always curious how such a small thing could carry Lillians around-”

 

I heard something shatter. Little shards of glass rained down from where Pella held my car. “Oops,” I heard her say.

 

I got up to my feet, looking up at what Pella was doing. Her finger was tapped against the hood of the car, but it was a little deeper than I thought it’d be. Pella lowered the car back onto the ground, and I rushed over. There was a giant fingerprint-shaped dent down the middle of the hood, shattering the windshield and crushing the engine underneath. There was a sickly crunch of metal as I tried to lift the hood, but whatever was left of the engine was tangled with the cover. I was pretty sure it wasn’t going to start any time soon.

 

“I didn’t think it’d be so fragile,” Pella said, a hint of apology in her tone.

 

I was at least fifty miles from home, in the middle of nowhere. Walking home wasn’t an option with night approaching, and it’d be hard to hitchhike on the freeway. How was I going to get back now?

 

“Um,” Pella said, “I’m really, really sorry…”

 

I realized for a moment that Pella had stopped talking to me through the phone. She was right next to me. In fact, she had lowered herself all the way to the ground to be level with me, lying down on the rocky shore of the lake. Her head was like a small planetarium dome, easily building sized, but now with her chin resting on her hands flat against the ground, her size was more...manageable? The trembling of my body had stopped, I realized. Even though Pella was maybe twenty feet from me, I wasn’t afraid any more.

 

“Pella,” I said quietly, then I ran up and shouted, “Pella! I’m not scared! I can come close to you-AAAAAAH”

 

I tripped on a bit of rock, and fell right into Pella’s lips. In response, Pella opened her mouth in surprise, unwittingly letting me fall into her mouth. The dark confines of that hot, humid space was palpable; Pella’s minty breath was overwhelming me. I felt something hard in front of me hit me; I realized quickly it was her teeth. I wasn’t even tall enough to make it past her sharp, ivory ridges, it seemed. I scrambled to remove myself from that moist hole, but Pella puckered her lips, clamping me inside. I felt a suction wave draw the air around me into the dark, unseen pit at the back of her maw, and I wanted to scream when I thought she was going to eat me. The lips surrounding my abdomen slowly began sliding up my body, however, and soon, I was pulled from the abyss, and back into the evening sunlight.

 

I hung upside down from Pella’s grip on my leg, soggy like a dog and sticky from the film of spittle that had formed around me. I was still relatively close to the ground, and my labored heartbeats began to normalize as I realized I was out of danger. I looked at Pella, still lying on the ground, and she smiled at me.

 

“That was to return your kiss,” Pella said as she let me back down on the ground.

 

“I…” I started, “I think I know why I’m so afraid, Pella.”

 

“You do?” Pella asked, curious of my statement.

 

“Yeah,” I said, “I’m...afraid of heights. Like, illogically afraid. Just standing on a roof gets me the willies. For a long time I thought that it only applied to staring down from a height, but apparently it works the other way, too.”

 

I walked over and patted Pella’s cheek with a hand, “See? No problem! You look gorgeous from here, by the way.”

 

It was then I realized I was too short for Pella to see me, and she turned her head down to level her eyes with me. Those hazel eyes were vast orbs of a deep color, crossing together for their gaze to meet me where I stood. You'd think that to be under such scrutiny would make me more than afraid, but...no. I was standing on the ground on my own two feet, looking up no more than twenty feet at Pella. For once around her, I felt safe.

 

Pella looked at me with a pout. "That might be a problem," she said, "I'm nothing but height."

 

I laughed, and hugged the soft tip of Pella's nose, which had been lowered closely enough for me to reach. "One step at a time, babe," I said, "I'm just glad we can do this."

 

Pella smiled, but it quickly faded when she realized what we were doing before. "What about your car?" She asked, "I don't think you'd be able to go home like this..."

 

I gave it a thought. I really can't go home like this. So maybe if I could find a place to stay first...

 

"Hey Pella," I said, "Could we go to your place?"

 

Pella blinked. She hadn't expected me to suggest that. "Are you sure?" She asked.

 

"Yeah," I said confidently, "Take it home, girlfriend."






This was a bad idea. This was a bad idea. This was a bad idea.

 

The swinging, the shaking, the turbulent tumbling, it was all making me sick. I was in the back seat of my car, seat belt tied and tightened as the contents of Pellas handbag sloshed around me. A renegade chapstick the size of a building column crashed against the door, sending a massive thump reverberating through the car's frame. It was making me nauseous, cloistered in this small place and pushed around by cosmetic items larger than I was. Were it not for the car, I would have been crushed in an instant.

 

My phone was in my hand, Pella's face on the screen, trying to reassure me.

 

"Are you alright?" Pella would ask me on occasion. She stopped each time she asked, giving me some much needed reprieve from my rocky prison.

 

"J-j-j-just f-f-f-fine," I would say, the sensation of being tossed around still ringing in my ears.

 

Even without any perceived height, I didn't feel any better. Pella's bag was a veritable pit of faux leather walls from which I had no chance of climbing out from. I was stuck here until Pella removes me from its confines.

 

I had no idea where we were going either, so I could only suffer in silence as abduction continued to some unknown place for far too long.

 

 

 

Finally, for what felt like an eternity, I was let out. Pella gingerly placed my banged up car on a wide wooden surface; a desk, it looked like, neatly arranged with stationery, papers and a computer. A keyboard and mouse lay in front of the computer screen, along with a tall standing mic Pella had used to speak with me over the internet. All of this was scaled to Pella's size.

 

I unstrapped myself and got out. Pella sat behind, the horizon of the desk splitting her figure to just her torso and up. It helped with my fear, I thought, having only half of her to deal with. She was busy doing something under the table; adjusting her dress, maybe? Regardless, this let me explore my surroundings a bit and I immediately laid my eyes upon a brown trinket sitting against the keyboard: Pella's beanie boy.

 

I raced over, standing over the limp toy man with my hands on my hips. It was way wider than I was, puffed up from the beans stuffed within it, but I guessed it would stand almost as tall as I did. That smell of musty sweat and lotion...it was proof that it served as Pella's foot toy for a while now.

 

This thing which had spent more time with my girlfriend than I did...I gave it a punch to the gut, but it only made a soft dent upon its cushiony belly. I tried to wrestle it, tear its limbs off or do some kind of damage to it, but the doll's Brob stitching was too strong for a Lillian's hands to rip through. I rolled about, attacking it like a crazed animal, trying to get even with this-

 

"I see you've met Perry," Pella's voice said from behind.

 

I flinched, snapping out of my berserk trance and turned around, seeing Pella with her chin resting in her hands watching curiously as I assaulted her doll. I let go of Perry, and turned around to face the bemused giantess.

 

"I, uh, don't know what got over me," I said abashedly.

 

"A little envy is healthy," Pella said with a wide grin, "Don't worry, Nicky, the real thing always beats the substitute. Maybe you'd like to try out as his replacement?"

 

I scratched my head. I've come this far already. "Okay, Pella," I nodded.

 

"Just close your eyes," she told me.

 

I obeyed, and in the darkness, I found myself nestled between Pella's massive palms, the feeling of vertigo telling me that I was being lifted into the air and taken somewhere.

 

My stomach dropped as I was lowered someplace, and Pella's hands fell away from me, dropping me onto the soft surface of what felt like silky fabric. I opened my eyes and found myself on the white expanse of a bedsheet. The world shifted as Pella got on, the colossal woman drawing everything on the bed toward her great weight like a black hole. I grasped at the fabric desperately to no avail. I fell toward the curvature in the sheets made by Pella's knee, sliding frighteningly fast toward the massive leg joint.

 

Before I could collide into it, though, Pella's giant, fleshy hand caught me, like a dam stymying the flow of a river. I slammed into her soft skin, and upon feeling me, scooped me up again and placed me on a pillow on the the far end of the bed.

 

Slowly, Pella crawled up the length of the bed to me, lying down and putting her head onto the pillow I was on. I rolled about again as the pillow surface gave way to her weight, but Pella caught me almost immediately this time.

 

“Just stay there for a moment,” Pella told me. I nodded, and Pella took off from the pillow, rising up to a sitting position and began taking off her clothes. She stripped down, taking off her dress and kicking it off the bed. I noted that her usual shorts were gone; did she remove them while I had my scuffle with Perry? Either way, all that was left was her lingerie and her smooth, bare skin. It was like staring at a mountain, completely in awe at the scenery before me, yet too distant to approach. I just sat there amazed, being treated to the largest strip tease of my life.

 

Pella smiled at me and said, “Are you ready, Nicky?”

 

“I...I don’t know, I think I-” I began, but Pella had already swung her legs forward, her feet smothered against the pillow I was on, catching me in the space between the arcs of her feet. It was then I realized that without my phone, Pella was unable to hear me at all. Even my words moments before were just inferred consent on Pella’s part. I flailed as the space around me collapsed into darkness, only a shred of light piercing through the narrow gap above where her feet didn’t touch. The now familiar scent of her feet and lotion came flooding in my nostrils, the smell many times stronger within this confined space, causing me to gag reflexively. Her sole was too high to actually press down on me, but the those leathery folds were only inches away from my face. If I tried to get up, I’d be tasting a mouth full of feet, right now.

 

“Here we go,” I heard Pella say cheerily. One of her feet lifted off of me, and I took the chance to take in a breath of fresh air. The moment was short-lived, however, as the foot drove itself into me, catching me between her big and second toe. The walls of her digits encompassed me from my abdominals all the way to my thighs, and I hung on with either arm clinging to the surface of either toe. There was, surprisingly, little grip here from Pella, like I had fallen through a narrow hole in the ground, and I was still able to move about freely. I tried to wiggle my way out, but that only got Pella to clench her grip around me more. My body was in pain, the vice-like forces threatening to squeeze out my guts with their indomitable strength. I opened my mouth to scream, but only a gasp escaped as my breath had already vacated my lungs.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” Pella teased, unbeknownst to my suffering. I could only look on in horror as she tried her next trick on me.

 

I was rolled into her other toe spaces, flicking her toe and catching me in another, like how you’d flick a coin between your fingers. I spun, my body buckling from the tidal forces that accompanied being manhandled by toes as large as me, and felt myself wanting to wretch. This was the fate of Perry the beanie boy everyday, twirling between his mistress’s toes like a cheerleader’s baton. Only Perry didn’t have a digestive track and couldn’t feel pain. The only thing we had in common now was that we were unable to protest.

 

Except I did have a way out of this, I realized. The solid lump in my pocket was still intact. I could phone her and tell Pella to stop! My tour of her toes had come to an abrupt halt, but I saw her other foot join in, landing right above me and using the underside of her toes to rub against my back. It was like being hit repeatedly by a truck, her toe nubs forcing me into the cottony down of the pillow. The pillow’s softness was the only positive to my predicament, and I clung on as the giant toes bombarded me from behind, tormenting my already aching body with their unstoppable might.

 

I took the opportunity to reach for my phone, pulling out the rectangular device. A password screen popped up as I activated the screen. Damn, of all times...it was hard to key in my code with a colossal digit pounding your back every second. After four retries, I finally got it, and keyed into the video call application. Pella was right on top of my recent calls list! I keyed the button and the phone began to dial to Pella’s phone…

 

Wham! Pellas toe decided it was a good moment to settle its entire weight on my back. I yelped from the pain, unwittingly letting go of my phone in the process. I watched as my phone slid down the curved surface of the pillow and onto Pella’s bed, the video call now unanswerable from my end. The foot above me didn’t let go, and I felt myself melting into Pella’s hot and heavy undertoe. Now there was no chance of me escaping this-

 

“Nicky?” I heard Pella say. Of course! Even without me there to answer it, Pella must know that I had made the call from under her foot! I pleaded with whatever powers that be that she didn’t just ignore it when she saw that nobody was on the other side to answer her. The toe above me was beginning to become unbearable, pushing me in and crushing my back. The heat was only adding to my agony, and I saw my vision blurring as my body was put to its limit…

 

In an instant, all of it vanished: the pain, the stench, the heat of her skin. I instead felt a cold draft mercifully blowing across my tortured body, and I sipped some precious gulps of fresh air to refill my lungs. I rolled off my back and lay down spread eagle on the soft cushion. My vision was cloudy; I realized I had tears in my eyes. I wiped them away, and saw an anxious Pella looking down over me.

 

“Nicky!” She exclaimed, “Are you alright?”

 

“Urgh...I’m…” I let slip a few meager words through my slackened jaw, unable to move the rest of my body. It was all I could manage at this point, but from Pella’s perspective, my diminutive body wasn’t moving. She was too big to hear my groans, too, and the silence was killing her.

 

“Oh god, oh god,” she mumbled to herself, tears rolling down her face, “I didn’t mean to...please, oh god, don’t-”

 

Pella was in a state of panic. She must have taken my non-movement to mean that I was either too wounded to be conscious, or I was dead. I had to do something to get her attention…

 

I had a little strength in my right arm. I raised it up just a little bit, and tried to wave up at Pella. Instantly, she saw my tiny gesture, and swooped down to scoop me in her hands.

 

“Nicky!” She shouted, accidentally forgetting to lower her voice in her panic, “Please tell me you’re okay!”

 

Pella turned her head, pressing her ear onto my prone form. I stared into the dark hole above me, scoffing as a small flake of ear wax rolled past my face. I groaned as loudly as I can up into the cavern, “I’m...pretty banged up...coulda’...spoken softer…”

 

Pella brought me back to face her. The tears didn’t stop, but at least her look of terror had softened into one of relief. It was a brief moment of tenderness, and she quickly recomposed herself, widening her palm to give me space to breathe, asking me, “Should I call a doctor?”

 

“No, I’ll be fine,” I muttered, but remembered that Pella couldn’t hear me. I just shook my head and gave a gesture to the negative. Pella seemed satisfied with my response, though her face was still one of worry.

 

“I’ll find your phone,” she said, “Then we can talk some more. Just rest up first...here.”

 

Pella put me down upon her pillow again, sinking me down into the plush confines of that heavenly fluff once more. It certainly helped soothe my aches, and I felt myself fall several times into a tired lull.

 

“Here it is!” Pella suddenly exclaimed, a pair of pinched fingers hover over me. I felt something fall into my lap, and there it was, my phone still intact. I was surprised that Pella was able to find it so quickly; I had hoped that I’d be able to rest some more.

 

But Pella had other plans. I felt the phone vibrate in my lap, and sure enough, it was Pella on video call. I answered it, and Pella’s face appeared in my screen.

 

“I am so sorry,” Pella said immediately. Her eyes widened when she saw the bruising along my arms and body, having to put down her phone to wipe away some tears.

 

“Pella,” I called out, and the Brob immediately picked up her phone again, “It’s...it’s okay. You didn’t mean for this to happen. I’m your first Lillian, so you didn’t know what it’s like handling a real person. Just gotta...remember that you’re about a hundred times larger than the rest of us...I’m sure we could sort things out.”

 

“But-” Pella protested, but I cut in.

 

“I’ll teach you how,” I said, “I believe in you, even in my battered state, I bet you could push down on me without hurting me at all.”

 

I motioned toward Pella. “Lend me your foot again,” I said.

 

Pella was hesitant, but shifted around and brought her foot forward reluctantly. She didn’t step down on me, but left her ped beside me, just within arms reach. I crawled over, and set myself so I was just under her big toe. I slid myself in, and positioned it so that her toe nub rested right onto my chest. I brought my phone up to my face again and said, “Step on me, Pella, as hard as you want.”

 

“I can’t-” Pella said, but I hugged her massive digit, stopping her from removing her toe off of me.

 

“I trust in you,” I said, “I realized that after you released me, I wasn’t afraid of being near you any more. Maybe I’m just...tired...but I wasn’t shaking like I was when we were at Gully Park. Maybe I was so afraid just now that I had spent all the fear inside of me. Whatever it was, I’m okay now...so I need you to be okay with me, too.”

 

I pulled the toe down on top of me as hard as I could, “So just put your trust in me, like I’ve put my trust in you.”

 

Pella bit her lip, but after a moment’s pause, I felt her toe scrunch up, weighing itself down on me. It wasn’t the rough, relentless pressure she had issued before, but a soft, cautious one. I felt it envelop me, like somebody was simply resting herself on top of me. No pain, no pressure, just the gentle reassurance that somebody was there.

 

“That’s right,” I said to Pella, “See, you didn’t even need me to tell you when it hurt; you knew how to be gentle with me all along, Pella. We can make this work out.”

 

Pella didn’t say anything, but she just kept her toe on top of me for a long while. I stroked the side of that long toe, that toe which just now was my tormentor but had turned into the touch of an angel. I felt her stroke me back rhythmically, soft, loving strokes which reminded my body of how tired it was. My vision faltered for a moment before I was drawn in to a deep, welcoming state of sleep…






It was a week since then now. On Pella’s insistence, I had visited a physician, and found that I had some damaged bones and a LOT of bruises. I must have scared her when we next met, as I was wrapped in something akin to a mummy costume. My parents had vehemently refused to let me see Pella when I next saw them, but were persuaded on Pella’s insistence when she payed a personal visit to their household. I guessed that having feet as big as the house you were visiting helped sway my parent’s views.

 

So I was sitting in Pella’s lap, the two of us alone in a secluded place on an unvisited mountain. We didn’t have the luxury of any hanky panky though, what with my injuries, but we still enjoyed each other’s company, and Pella would occasionally treat me to some non-contact kinks. Watching a mountain strip or dance for you was always fun, but I thought our peaceful moments were the best. Just knowing that a girl as big as Pella was treating me like the most treasured thing in the world gave me a strange rise in my chest.

 

“How’s your body today?” Pella asked me. We were still talking through video calls, my voice not loud enough to reach her ears from my position on her lap. I was fine with it though, since I didn’t need to shout every time we talked, and Pella enjoyed it too since she had a clear picture of my face quite literally in the palm of her hand.

 

“Way better,” I replied, “Though the doc said my arm cast won’t come off until next month. We just got to find something to do in the meantime.”

 

“Just remember to take care of yourself,” Pella said, “I won’t stand for seeing you hurt again. Your folks made me promise to protect you, you know.”

 

“Sure, babe,” I said with a laugh. Pella was the most critical of my recovery, but I knew she secretly enjoyed taking care of me. I had a hunch she was just happy that she managed to hook up with me at all. She told me I was the first person to even stay this long with her, after all.

 

“Brobs are a complicated bunch,” she had told me, “The one thing we’re afraid of was if somebody else were bigger than us. That’s why, all the previous boys I tried to date, they didn’t come back for a second day. I’m...I’m lucky to have met you, Nicky, because you accepted me despite your own fears about me.”

 

My chest would swell with pride whenever I remembered this. Our story would have a happy ending after all, I thought. I sighed as I sank deeper into Pella’s lap, pleased with how things turned out in the end.

 

“Oh!” Pella suddenly piped up. I begrudgingly got up from my comfortable position, and turned to my phone.

 

“What’s happening?” I asked.

 

“I just remembered,” Pella said, putting her hands together, “My parents wanted to meet you, too!”

 

I gulped. Whoever birthed Pella must have been a monster.

 

“I don’t suppose…” I asked meekly, “That you know how big your parents are?”

 

“Oh,” Pella said sheepishly, “My dad’s only about eighty feet, so you should be fine with him.”

 

“Huh,” I replied. Not as bad as I thought it’d be, at least, “How about your mom?”

 

With the biggest, happiest grin I’ve ever seen Pella make, she told me just how tall her mother was, “She’s five hundred feet tall!”