- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the delay. Please enjoy
Ariel and John, after a few minutes of walking, were finally at the entrance to the colony. Ariel walked up first and presented her eye to the door. A few seconds later, a voice spoke through the speaker.

"Garcia, Ariel. Welcome home. Was your mission successful?" The robotic voice told Ariel.

"Just get me in. I have the VIP." Then the metal door started to open, revealing some high class soldiers, about four or five, with rifles pointed at the pair with a shadowy figure behind them. "Relax gentlemen. You two, get over." The figure ordered the pair to him. John recognized the voice. He had seen a few too many episodes of "Ranger Jack" in which the supreme commander Jack Roll fought the giant goddess for attacking the colony. It was usually followed by ranger propaganda to join them. "Ranger Jack? Is that you?" John said out loud. The figure then turned around and John's suspicions were confirmed. "Looks like we have a fan. Now, I need you to come with me." Jack said as he escorted the pair to their destination.

When the trio and their escort left the ranger base, they were hit with applause from the colony population. It was tradition to celebrate the ranger return. In fact, John had went to a few of these parades so he knew what was going to happen. "Smile and wave you two. You're heroes here." Jack said to the two. John was proud to be a ranger and held his head high. Meanwhile, Ariel was pretty quiet and kind of shy in crowds. "I never prepared for this. Hold me John." Ariel whispered to John. John, had been preparing for this opportunity his entire life. He then wrapped his left arm around Ariel and continued towards their destination.

After about twenty minutes of walking, they reached their destination, The Hall of Ministry. The hall was basically what accounts to the central government and high command for the rangers. Only high officials and generals were allowed inside and especially where they were going. After going inside, they took an elevator to the top floor. "I- I mean, we still don't know where we're going. If you're going to kill us, I think you missed your opportunity while we were outside." John said, breaking the silence. Jack just sighed at John's statement. "If we were going to kill you, we wouldn't have let you two in. But John, there's a bounty on your head for exposing the colony. But there is one way you can repay the colony." That's when the door opened to reveal a giant conference room with a long table with around ten people sitting around it with a young and strapping gentleman in a grey suit standing in front of the window, looking down at the colony below him. "John Slater and Ariel Garcia. Please, come in." The gentlemen said to the pair.

"Who are you and why'd you bring us here?" John commanded. Ariel looked over and saw for the first time since she knew John, he started to show the man he was destined to be.

"You can call me "sir" until our little exchange is done. Simmons, bring it out." That's all the man said before a giant door opened and revealed a huge pill, about twice the size of the average colonist. That's when the man turned around and revealed his face. "I love my colony and will do anything to protect it. I was born here and I will die here. What I don't like is when a bitch ranger breaks his oath of silence and tells that fucking bitch where we live!" The man then slammed the table out of frustration. "But I have a plan. A plan to finally get rid of her. And that is the way." The man pointed at the massive pill.

"What is that?" Ariel asked politely to the man to calm him down from his rage. He then took a deep breath and sat on his seat. "Have a seat." The two then walked towards the table, sat down and waited for the man to continue of his long rant. "We've studied her for as long as we've sent out rangers like you two and we've found out some remarkable things such as us and her, we almost have the same DNA, eat, sleep and even do normal everyday things. The scouts suggest she's around twenty to twenty three years old. The only thing we don't know is what her moods are. Most of the times we've sent out scouts, she's unaware of our presence until she saw you. Now every time we send our scouts, she'll be looking for them. And that thing is our only hope. What is it you ask?" The man stood up and began to walk towards the giant pill. "This is years in the making. I've studied her for years and this is what I call, the final solution. It will turn that giant girl into one of us and she will finally pay for all the crimes she's committed." This struck the pair with surprise, Ariel especially. She had always thought that she would have to live in the shadow of this girl for the rest of her life. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

"You mean we're going to shrink her down to our size?" Ariel responded to the man.

"Think about how many rangers we lose every time we send them out to collect food. Eighty percent. The remaining twenty can't hold down a standard way of life. If you two do this one thing for the colony, all your past debts will be wiped clean. You won’t have to be a Ranger anymore. I promise you that. Deal?" The man asked the pair.

They looked at each other and nodded. "We'll do it. When do we do it?" John asked. With one word, the man answered to John's question.

"Tonight. Now here's how you'll do it." The man then pressed another button and a hologram of the giant Destiny was created. "You'll go to her bed and while she's sleeping, you'll bring the pill to her mouth and have her swallow it. Make sure neither of you fall down her throat as the next step requires both of you. You'll then bring her back here and then you're done." The man said before he had his escorts bring John and Ariel into the elevator. "One last thing I can't stress enough. Don't get noticed again. I can’t guarantee you’ll get a rescue this time.”
Chapter End Notes:
Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed this chapter, please feel free to leave a review.