- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is where the action happens.
The trail was long. The bed was probably around four or five miles across and this was the only the beginning of John's epic journey. If he came back to the colony alive with food for the colony, Ariel would be all over him. He prayed that he would return from his first tour. He had signed a contract for two tours. The only way out of the contract was either to die in the line of duty or to be discharged. This was also known to kill deserters via tossing them into an open area and nail them to floor to be crushed by the goddess that soared above them.

After crossing the trail, John finally saw for the first time, the outside world that everyone feared to go to. Only the rangers got to see exactly what was out there. Everything was just like a normal persons room except everything was supersized. From the desk to the giant shoes lying around, it looked just like Ariel's room which he had snuck in and looked around.

Then there was a very loud rumble. John turned his head and saw the giant black goddess walk towards him. To her, it may have felt like just like a brisk walk to her bed but to John and his squad of ten, it was a complete nightmare. He was dumbstruck by her size.

"The legends are true. She's huge." John said, quickly pulling out his sizer. He pulled the trigger and measured the exact size of the goddess that was towering above him. Then there was a beep. He looked at it and was shocked at what it was. "Five miles, two thousand five hundred, sixty nine feet and nine inches. It's impossible." Just as John read this, one of his fellow rangers came up and grabbed him. He recognized his fellow soldier as Buck, one of John's closest friends while he was training.

"What the hell were you doing? Just standing there."

John couldn't speak. He just looked up at the goddess that had presented herself to him. He saw her brilliant face, she licked her lips like she was hungry for blood but at the same time she looked heavenly. It was just like his commanders spoke of, she was a true goddess.

Then he looked down and saw her massive foot coming down on two rangers. He could see them waving their arms out of desperation and the closer the sole got to them, the closer the two rangers got to the floor. Then there was nothing but a loud rumble that was the giant girls foot finally coming down. John then saw face to face with Goddess's toes. He couldn't even see over the top of the toes. He was so small that he could see individual toe prints. It was incredible to see but terrifying as well.

After avoiding death, John and Buck were hiding under the massive girls dresser. John even saw the massive feet that had nearly killed both of them walk by as she continued to walk to her destination crushing three more rangers under her massive feet.

"What were you thinking John?" Buck said with disgust. "You're amazed by the size of everything that you get yourself killed."

"If you knew I was going to die, then why did you save me?"

"Because, Ariel wanted me to watch out for you. Make sure you make it back alive. I even talked to command into giving you plastic."

"S-she wanted you to watch over me?"

"I'm going to be honest with you. She loves you and to be honest, she didn't want you to come out here. Now, we need to come up with a plan. From the videos that they showed us in training, she spends a few hours sitting on her bed. If we leave right now, we can grab a few pounds of food and head back to the colony. Sound like a plan?"

"Yeah."

Buck then got up and stuck his head out to peek around the room. He looked up and saw the massive foot come down. Buck was sent flying across the underside of the dresser. The air from the foot landing sent him flying, leaving John alone to carry out the plan all by himself. But before he left, he ran over to Buck's body. Checking his pulse, he couldn't feel anything. He then crossed his arms across his chest. The true ranger way to show respect to the dead. "Don't worry Ariel. I don't need protection." John said as he started to walk towards the unknown room that this giant girl ruled.
Chapter End Notes:
As always, please leave a review to tell me how the story is goig so far. Thanks for reading.