- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I've been working on this story for a while and really enjoying despite it not being finnished i thought that people here might like to read it as it comes along. The story is pre planned so all the categories as mentioned will be filled out eventually. This story is told in first person. some chapters will be long and some will be short.

While the story is planned i am open to suggestoins on which direction the story might take or possible chapters. Feedback as always is very much appreciated

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. 

Author's Chapter Notes:

Start of the end for the protagonist

Prologue

I once was a person. I had thoughts, I had aspirations and I had dreams all going for me. Now i'm nothing but an an object. The things that set us a part from an object as humans is that we are alive, we have feelings an thoughts that matter on the inside, while an object does not. I'm am now nothing more but an object the desire of many people. I have long since thought to be dead and now I feel that my death is validated, i'm nothing more than an object now, a hollow shell compared to the person I once was. I can recall a time before, when I was a normal size, an average hight. But since my accident things went from bad to worse, and my suffering has only been increased by the greed of others. I can remember when it all started. Here is my tale

 

Chapter 1: The Beginning

 

It was a fine day walking into school, this morning. The birds where out and chirping and the sun was already warming up this morning, which indicated a beautiful day ahead. I Adam am a year 12 student, only months away from exams and a promising university placement attached to a career I strived to get into upon completion. So far my life seemed set, I was striving towards a goal I desperately wanted to achieve, and I felt confident that I would get there.

 

I live in the country, a small rural town in Victoria Australia. Despite the second rate education I was getting compared to people in the city, I enjoyed the local life. The community is so strong you can't help but have a little pride about it. Opportunities are rare here but I have been blessed with such a good school.

 

I walk into the school grounds, and make my way towards my locker which is just past the science room in our school. As I make my way past the science room, I notice a foul stench coming from it. My firth thought is somebody may have left the gas on, which is very dangerous, although it does not smell like Gas. I cautiously approach the door and prod at it with my hands to find that the door was surprisingly left ajar. Unusual as the door is always locked. I walk inside the science room, the blinds are down and the rooms is dim, the smell is stronger. I make my way towards the main desk which has the controls to al the gas valves in the room. A little shocked but not surprised I see that the Gas is actual turned off. Now I can believe the smell that fills the room is indeed not gas. The danger has passed but being unable to determine the source of this horrid smell, I turn around and head for the door. Making sure to close it behind me, it's definitely not a smell I want to inhale again.

 

I leave the room and head to my locker as I had planned to do originally, the smell still stuck in my nostrils. Finally I make to the hallway that contains the lockers for the year twelve group. As I make my way to my locker I begin to feel a little light headed. Starting to feel dizzy as the room beings to spin I reach out and lean onto a wall for support as I stop and try to regain control of my senses. The world is starting to go black, i've never fainted before and am starting to panic. Feeling very ill I collapse, the last thing I see is the world go dark is the floor as it embraces my falling body.

 

I wake up sometime later, contrary to belief I feel fine. I expected to wake up dizzy or with a migraine but I feel as if I had just woken from a pleasant nap in the evening. Although as I get to my feet I realise that something is a little off. I expected the ground to be further away from me as I got up but instead i'm stuck with the same view from the floor as if I'm still laying down. It does not take long to comprehend that I somehow have wound up shrunk.
“impossible” I exclaim marvelling in this unbelievable occurrence. Impossible may well be the best word to describe because searching through my memory I don't recall ever hearing of a shrunken man, yes there are small people in the world but they are no where near about what size I am now, I surely was achieving some sort of first for the human race right here and now. Speaking of size, I begin to wonder just how small I really was, if I had to guess I may well be around about 3 centimetres.

 

It however suddenly dawned on me the peril of my predicament, i'm incredibly small and no one knows i'm here. Realising that almost everything that people take for granted has just become a threat to my existence I feel my blood run cold with fear. I also realise that it's pivotal to my survival that I get some sort of help, but my mind can not yet even comprehend how I may go about doing that, however little did I know that the opportunity was just about to present itself.

 

The sound of creaking hinges on a door fill my head as I turn to see the giant hallway door swing open with ease. The door was far in the distance but it was still very much a awe inspiring sight. A giant wall of metal higher than anything i've seen, moving so gracefully covering meters with ease, it was something you could not help but notice. However if I thought that was graceful I was mistaken true beauty was about to fill my vision. A tights clad leg appears through the door moving with ease pulling behind it a body which is incredibly huge. This woman a fellow student and friend of mine was traversing meters with little effort required, he movement was just incredible to watch, some may describe it a poetry in motion. She was a friend, what was incredible was she was one of the most smallest women I knew, but she easily could destroy entire cities.

 

While I was truly baffled at natures engineering from my new perspective, I failed to realise she was on a direct line of path towards me. It was incredibly quick how fast her approach had occurred with moments she went from a monument in the distance to towering over me. Her entire being now filled my vision and her footfalls caused the earth to shake as the large shadow of her figure cast itself over me like an eclipse. I was not going to be a dear in the headlights thought and my instances immediately caused me to run out of harms way. As it turned out I could not have timed it any better in regards to my life her right foot landed only meters away from me. The speed of it slamming into the ground was truly enough to strike fear into any person heart, the event of her taking a step had such an impact it brought me to ground.

 

As luck would have it she was planning to stop here, she must be getting her stuff from her locker to prepare for a day of study. However before I could react she twisted around on her right foot in order to face her locker. In the action of spinning the front of her shoe swivelled over onto my position, paralysed with fear I lay there on my back and close my eyes waiting for the end to come. However when I realise I haven't been flattened into nothing I reopen my eyes. I look up to see a leather ceiling, dirt and other assortment of nature are raining down on me, I look to my side and see a gap with light. I look up again and notice that the ceiling is moving ever so slightly up and down. Suddenly the ceiling collapses in on me and presses right down on me, but just stops with my body flat against it, I cannot move, if the ceiling where to move further in I would be crushed. Suddenly it relents and lifts up giving me space, I flip over and crawl on my belly back to the outside. As soon as I make it out collapses behind me, I turn around to see her shoe. Unbelievable I had been under there for a short period of time and just by luck she had not lent the slightest amount of body weight forward. Incredible to think I had just survived by pure chance underneath the front of her shoe because she did not lean forward a little bit. Thinking back I realised she had almost flatten me but lucky shifted weight to the back for a split second allowing me to escape.

It was amazing to think that my friend had put my life at risk just by movement something a person would not even take notice of. Remarkable to think what power I had just witnessed, I wondered how many insects I may have killed in similar scenarios just by moving my foot or using the slightest bit of balance. It also made me feel i'll reflecting back on the image of the ceiling of her shoe will be something I will always see as death now, I had also seen something so terrifying that nobody else would from a perspective that nobody would ever see.

 

My friend started to crouch, her lower body was to become my sky as her skirt eclipsed the light above. He crotch entirely filled my vision, many people would pay good money to be in a position such as mine, but my near death experiences where enough to subtract my interest. Suddenly the idea popped into my head that this would be the best opportunity to get help, I may not be so lucky next time... or even be alive next time, once this hall fills up with people I doubt I will live. However as her skirt blocked my vision I realised that me being underneath I would be obscured from her vision.

 

I ran out from underneath her towards he locker where her hands are and more importantly her line of sight. I look at her face which is staring over me clearly focused on getting the items out of her locker. I franticly begin to jump up and down hoping to gain her attention onto me, but she continues to stare into her locker oblivious to futile attempts. Before to long she gets her stuff out and slams the locker shut which sounds like a thunderclap to me. I watch onward as she stands up truly a sight to behold as she rises up towering over me, however i'm incredibly frustrated she failed to notice me, it's like being glued to the floor and invisible is what I'm seeing right now and it's enough to make a person fill with rage and anger, although I can't blame her.

 

She tilts her books holding them against her chest, but something slips out from underneath and is now fling through the air to the ground below towards me. I run for my life as a giant pencil crashes into the ground. It crashes into the ground hard, to my surprise it bounces up which I know is possible but seems to defy gravity from my position. Her hand appears from the heavens coming to collect the pencil, but it stops short as if frozen in place, I look up to see her gazing down at me.

“i did it” I murmur under my breath. She continues to look at me a little dumbfounded at my predicament. Suddenly her hand lunges towards me it scares me half to death, the sheer size and speed is incredible. Her fingers circle around me engulfing me in her warm skin, then without warning she lifts me into the air fast, the way I was just lifted miles into the air very quickly almost was enough to make me faint. She brings me up to her face

 

“How did you get so small?” she says her warm breath washing over me as the sound of her voice trembles down her hand causing me to feel the vibrations.

 

“I don't know” I say, hoping somehow she can hear me, to my surprise she looks at me as if she understood entirely.

 

“I'll get help” she says quickly looking around and then covering me with her other hand as she begins to walk. The jolts of her feet hitting the ground is almost enough to make me sick, but in due time we make it to the destination she planned on taking me. From inside her hand I could hear the rumblings of talking, but it was slightly muffled to my ears, so I have no idea who she was talking to or what about. Before I could even react her grip loosened I was free falling, although I did not fall very fa landing on someone else's warm hand.

 

“i'll make sure he gets help” I here a new voice say, looking around I realise i'm in the hands of one the office ladies. My friend satisfied that I was going to be safe left retuning to her planned day of study and classes leaving me with the office lady. Our office lady was in her late twenties and was tall by normal standards, but here I was laying in her hand. She carefully lowered her hand to the desk indicating for me to get off and I would do obligingly happy to be again back on firm ground.

 

“Are you going to take me to the hospital?” I ask although she doesn't here me the first time and has to lower her head to my level to here me.

 

“yes, but i'm very busy it'll have to wait” she replies, her voice loud uncaring to my small ears.

 

“but, this is important”

 

“it'll have to wait” she replies

 

“but every things dangerous to me”

 

“not to worry, I know how to keep you safe” she says with annoyed tone. She reaches for her coffee mug and quickly slurps any residue left before turning the cup upside down and placing it on me. My world quickly goes dark, and it instantly become hot. Left with nothing but heat and the strong smell of coffee I do nothing but sit and wait.