- Text Size +
The Diminutive Duo was naturally aghast at hearing this pronouncement. For the first two or three seconds, anyway. Then, to his credit, Batman found his voice, again.

"Surely, you can't be serious. That's kidnapping! You'll go back to prison for the rest of your life!!"

The larcenous young blonde woman just grinned all the more.

"Point One: my name's Pru. Not Shirley. I really must have Great-aunt Hildy give you a physical, once we're in England. To see if your shrinkage might've affected your neurochemistry! Point Two: That'll happen only if I'm caught in the act, tried, and convicted. And, that's not going to be the case. Here's why."

Whereupon, she began to wrap Robin's hamster cage in blue cellphane! This subsequently muffled the Teen Wonder's instinctive protests. Pru then attached one end of a pair of handcuffs around and through the handle on top of the cage. Following which, she sprinkled a test tube full of some fluorescent green liquid over every inch of the handcuffs and the cage. Ten seconds later, the entire assemblage was no bigger than a pea. Whereupon, Pru...

...attached the other end of the shrunken handcuffs to her right earlobe!

"See that, my pet?" Pru exalted: "As far as any customs authorities will be concerned, I'm just a spokesmodel, for Major Rhett's Honey-Roasted Peanuts, returning to London from a photo-shoot in Gotham City. With a pair of lovely blue cubic zirconia earrings as souvenirs!"

"You won't get away with it," the Compact Crusader insisted: "There are a lot more superheroes these days than when I was the original Robin. One of them..."

His protests were drowned out, however, by the creaky sounds of blue cellophane being wrapped around his own hamster cage. A minute later, he heard a metallic click, followed by a massive splashing sound. After that, his ears momentarily stuffed up, just as they used to do, when he was first taught how to fly the original Batcopter. In other words?

Pru had now picked _him_ up and made him her left earring.

* * * * *

EPILOGUE

A GCPD patrol car found the abandoned Batmobile twelve hours later. Crime scene investigators poured over it and the nearby drive-in theater looking for clues as to what could have happened to the Caped Crusaders. But, while they did find tire tracks from a Volkswagen mini-bus, that lead dead-ended at a motel parking lot near the airport. As running the license plate number revealed the VW was owned by the son of a Chinatown restaurateur who made home deliveries for his father.

And, both vehicle and owner had failed to return by closing time.

The authorities would never realize it, of course. But, the young Chinese-American man had replaced Valmont Killdeer as the prisoner masking taped to the underside of the top of Pru's shako!

"Don't worry, little one!" she had told him, after seeing the look of fear in his shrunken eyes: "I'm not gonna harm you, any. Because, I know a dancing school whose headmistress would just _love_ to show you off to her student body. Ever heard of Miss Battaglia's Dance Academy?"

"Mmmf-mmmf!" replied her prisoner, shaking his head as best he could behind the piece of tape.

"Well, consider this the luckiest day of your life, then" she continued (with a sinister grin): "Because, you'll be the only lad on the premises, Mr..."

Here, she looked at the driver's license in the wallet she would soon shrink and flush down the toilet.

"...Raymond Choi."


Needless to say, neither he nor the Dynamic Duo were ever seen again.

THE END
Chapter End Notes:
Semi-needless reminder: I don't own/profit from anything copyrighted by DC Comics and Time/Warner.