- Text Size +
Aruna stayed in her room for the remainder of the evening, refusing to leave. Kate, Rachel and I decided to watch a movie and wait to see if she came out. We watched an entire movie but Aruna never left. It was getting late and we were all tired and needed some rest, so we went to go to bed.

I said goodnight to the two girls and jumped into my bed and closed my eyes. Soon I was sound asleep.

My slumber was disturbed by a loud creak from a door but I was so groggy I was unsure of where it came from nor did I care. It wasn't until it happened again that I became curious. What was it?

I slowly slid myself from the covers and cautiously approached my door. It was in fact, opened. My heart began to race as I placed my hand onto the knob. I jerked it open...nothing. Wow, I thought, I must be paranoid. I turned my back and started walking towards my bed again when the door flew open. I turned my head to see Aruna on her knees peering through my door into my room. I was about to ask what she was doing when her hand shot through the door. I ducked, dodging the initial contact, and rolled to the side. Her hand blindly glided across the room, searching for me, but fortunately for me the room was bigger than the length of her arm. I took safe haven across the room, watching her arm knock all my furniture down. I just stood there thinking of what to do and why she was doing this.

She pulled her arm out and peered in again. She realized that her arm wasn't going reach, so she used her next best option: her legs and feet. I could see her shift her body around so that she was sitting on her butt. Then carefully, she inserted her foot through the door while maneuvering her leg through. I could see I wouldn't have the same luxury as last time being a safe distant away as the reddened sole approached. The only luck I had was that she couldn't see what I was doing.

Her foot immediately planted itself onto the back wall. I stared at them in awe, fearful of being crushed underneath them again. I observed my surroundings, hoping for something that would help me in my predicament. I didn't have anything near me but I did have a safety pin next to my bed. The only problem was that was on the other side of the room, past her enormous leg.

I made a break for it anyway, hurdling over her leg using both hands, and arrived at the much needed safety pin. I bent over to pick it up when her leg crashed into my back, knocking me away from the pin. I scrambled to get to my feet but it was too late. Her foot made its way on top of me, pinning me to the floor. Her heel was planted in the ground while her toes were spread across my torso. Her toes scrunched around me, attempting to trap me in there grasp. I fought to keep from submission. I looked around, and the safety pin from earlier was just in reach. With one arm defending myself, I stretched as far out as I could with the other, managing to grab the pin. Unfortunately for me, Aruna's toes pinched one of my legs in between and began dragging me toward the entrance. I looked down and the black polished toes and stabbed just between them, forcing them to react and free my leg.

"Ow! Shit. What was that?" She screamed.

She inspected her foot where I had stabbed her.

"You win that one, Vick."

She then walked off and presumably back to her bedroom. I was sweating and extremely startled by the whole incident. Was I going to have to sleep with one eye open with her in the house? My stress level began to rise just by the thought of it. I needed to get some rest however, and forced myself to sleep as best I could.

---

I awoke the next morning still tired from the lack of asleep. After practically callings out of bed, I trudged to my door to see a small piece of paper that hadn't been there before. It was folded tightly and was addressed to me. I glanced out of the exiting, half expecting a trap, but there was no one. I grabbed the large note (to me) and brought it into the safety of my room. I unfolded it to find a short note from Aruna.

"I've always been one to push others to the limits around me and test their resilience to me. And I must say, I am very impressed with you. You always put up a fight and you think quick regardless of being outmatched. I commend you and I would like to apologize to you more formally for my actions before. I'm beginning to like you and your tenacity. I'll be gone all day, but meet me in my room tomorrow night at 9pm if you're interested in hearing more.
-Love, Aruna"

I walked out to grab some breakfast, contemplating what I had just read. Was this really her just testing me? My thoughts were disrupted as Rachel walked by.

"Hey Vick! How'd ya sleep?"

"Well." I lied.

"Okay, good, because me and Kate were thinking about going out for a swim at the pool. Did you wanna come?" She asked.

"Sure, that sounds fun." I said, while thinking about how tiring it would actually be. It was gonna be a long day and I needed a good breakfast.