- Text Size +

She sat down on the padded seat of the hope chest. Her black ankle boots between dark nylon covered feet. The pink polish on her toenails was visible through the thin nylon mesh.

"You sure you want to try this." She had a frightened look on her face.  "What if something goes wrong?"

I cupped her chin in my hand. "I trust you. We already know there's nothing you can do that can hurt me. You left me under those very same boots for 24 straight hours last weekend." 

She smiled a little. "And yet, here I stand today.  You impaled me on those sexy stilettos just 3 days ago." I lifted up my shirt. "Not a mark on me."

"OK.  I've just never made you this small before. And I'm ...." She looked down at her boots.

"Afraid you'll like it." I smiled.

She nodded.  "You can't take every day off without notice."

"But this is also why we're doing it. So you can learn to resist the temptation.  You can't shrink the students, honey.  Even if they do deserve it.  They'll talk. They won't understand. Every time you want to shrink one of them, squish me instead."

"You sure this doesn't hurt you."

"Absolutely. There's no pain. Yes, there was a little fear at first, but they were accidents, and we had no way to know I'd regenerate. Now though... look at me."

She lifted her head, and I stared into those pretty green eyes. "It doesn't hurt.  If fact, knowing it makes you feel good, makes it good for me. If feeling my tiny body snap under your pretty toes makes you less likely to target some kid, then I'm all for it. I only scream, because you like to hear it. I know how real it makes it feel for you."

She carefully nodded again, acknowledging I knew she liked it when I pretended to fight her foot, screamed in mortal terror as she ground me into powder beneath her shoes.  Truthfully, there was no discomfort at all. I couldn't explain it, but then I couldn't explain how she could shrink me either.  We decided to keep this power a secret for now. Simply enjoying it's use between us.

A flash of resignation crossed her face. "Then get ready to get small."

A moment of disorientation, and I watched her face zoom past me, then her knees, and finally, I stood before the tips of her boots.  Without her feet in them the ends turns up a little bit. She carefully picked up, and placed me in her hand.  I saw her eyes focus on me again, and her palm, the size of a car, suddenly zoomed outward, and was the size of a football field.  I was perhaps 1/4" tall now.  She laid down one giant pink fingernail, and I got in.  She slowly, carefully lowered it to the boot. It opened on the inside of her ankle with a short zipper.  It was already open. With her free hand, she spread open the material, and dipped in the nail containing me.  I stood up, waved at her. One gigantic pink nail waved back. I sat down, rode the slope of the sole down to where her toes sat on the insole. There was still enough light coming from the open boot to let me see with my tiny eyes. (Oddly enough, when tiny, my eyesight was sharper, almost like tiny microscopes.)

I made my way to the very tip, past were the depressions were made by her toes in the sole.

Then the light disappeared, as her nylon covered foot enter the boot. I heard the zipper move, and then approached her foot. I touched it gently, so she knew where I was. It was right at the 2nd toe, just next to her big toe. I got down one one knee and kissed it. Well, the nylon, but it was the gesture that mattered.  We'd worked out a code of taps and touches, and movements for us to say what we each needed to do. I gave one of those signals, and her toes shifted.  I crawled under them so she could walk without tossing me around too much. It was off to school we went!

The whole idea was that every time she got angry at some kid, she'd signal me. I'd maneuver myself under her toes, or the ball of her foot. Then she could squish me, crush me, grind me into dust.  We weren't sure anyone else would be protected from her powers like I was, and rather than have a dead body, she'd work out her anger on someone who could take it.

I couldn't hear any voices, because of the material. I heard the first couple of bells ring, and it didn't take long for her to give me the first squish. By lunch, I'd crunched about 6 times.

She gave the signal only twice during her lunch. After lunch though, I was squishing nearly every moment. Her foot stomping down over and over.  I'm sure outside, it was a simple tap-tap, but I was being obliterated with each tap.  Then things changed. She didn't have to see me to change my size. (I did have to be close, though.)  She'd shrunk me smaller.  Lots smaller. What had been a tight squeeze under the natural arch of her toes, was now a cavern.  I took out the tiny LED light I had on me. I couldn't tell how small I was now.  Since I could walk, I did so. It didn't take long, so I was probably just close.  I found thick soft cable. About three feet thick. I shined my light, and could see more of them, interlocking in a pattern. Holy shit!  This was a single strand of nylon! Almost as thick as I was tall!

Doing some quick math, that meant I was probably a measly 1/32" of an inch tall. The cords suddenly vanished, and returned. A signal for me to go under her toes.  I couldn't guess how she could even feel me at this size, but I crawled under her big toe, just like I was asked to do by our code. I saw her toes shift, then blackness overtook me.

Some time had passed, but I couldn't make out how long. There was nothing but sky around me. I was in my wife's palm, or assumed I was, as I saw her face approach me.

"Honey. Something went wrong.  But not in a bad way." 

She smiled. "I don't have to worry about shrinking anyone out of anger anymore.  The way I see things now, people will do what I want, or well, you'll see."  Her voice boomed. It didn't do that before.  But then again, I was usually much larger when she tried to talk to me. And where were we?

"I love you honey, but I'm going to leave you here now.  Don't try to come after me. I'd hate to step on you now.  I'll show you one last gift."

I was confused.  She couldn't hurt me when I was shrunk. "Samantha!  What the hell is going on?" I shouted not knowing if she could hear me.

Her face began to retreat. I was being moved near her boot again, and saw her other hand near the same boot.  I could something was in it. Then finally the wind carried screams over to me, and I realized was Samantha had in her hand. Not just kids, but dozens, maybe hundreds of tiny people. I watched as she turned her hand up, and let the miniscule people fall into her mammoth boot.  Her nylon covered foot then approached, and did not hesitate. It went right in, squishing probably everyone in its path.

"Sam! What have you done!" I screamed. There was no way to avoid someone talking about this now.

She moaned. Not a moan of pain, or exhaustion. A moan of pleasure, of satisfaction.  I got very nervous, and since the first time she got her power, very scared.

She moved the hand with me in it, and carefully let me tumble of out her hand.  There were tiny pebbles that looked like boulders all around. The ground was rough, damaged.  Sam's shadow suddenly loomed far above me.  Her boots were mammoth. "Don't come after me, honey. It won't end well." The boots then vanished, and the whole ground shook.

Then Sam's voice shook everything. "My name is Sam. I'm your new God. I will demand blood. I will demand sacrifice.  For now, I want new shoes made. Some kick ass spike heels, white, and open toed so you puny shits can see how awesome my toes look. I got a bitching pedicure yesterday, and you all should be allowed to see it.  You should also start looking ahead to getting some gallons of nail polish too. I'll want a weekly pedicure.  I don't really care how it gets done.  If you fuckers fight me, you'll die. And I really hope a couple of you do. I'm really looking forward to feeling a bunch of you die under my boots. Fuckers."

I collapsed to the ground.  I wasn't tiny anymore. Sam was a giant.  A self proclaimed God now. She set me aside because I didn't have my protection anymore.  That said something, but she was right.  If I went after her, I'd just be a stain on her sole.