- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

I am new to the whole writing thing so any constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated! I guess handing in essays may count but, much more different than story writing!

I was never known to be a confident kind of guy. In fact, everyone I know knew me as “The dude who doesn't talk.” I was tall, athletic and had a very lean muscular frame. Little did I know, my lack of confidence was going to be put to the test.


 


In fact, the only time I could ever throw aside all my cares was on the football field... or the soccer pitch. I don't think... or feel... at all.


 


 


Sitting on the team bus, I was on the road to get away from it all. No flipping burgers, no lectures from professor what's his name and in general: No bullshit. Just me and my soccer team. Cranking up the tunes, images of my football teammates laughing at me for playing such a losers sport kept flashing. If only they were there to see how physical the sport could get. My team relied on me, the starting defender to clobber anyone in my zone (while not breaking the rules of course). I enjoy my size.


 


 


“Yo! Hey, Jared man.” said Jason yanking my ear buds out. In annoyance, I casually raise my head until I am making eye contact with a touch of malice added. “Woah, dude. Save it for the pitch. All I wanted to tell you is that the girl's team is at the same hotel!” exclaimed Jason with tons of whistling in the background.”O.” I replied in a neutral tone while reinserting my ear buds. Thinking again, I knew I had no chance with any of the college girls. What kind of girl would want to meet a guy who rarely talks? Why would she be interested in a guy who chooses to avoid everyone else? I was quite positive such a girl would not exist, especially on a college soccer team. As I was pondering these important questions over and over, the bus pulled into the hotel.


 


Slinging my duffel bag over my shoulder, I'm about to rise when the coach stands up to speak. “Remember boys, 4 to a room. The college is making some budget cuts.” Many groans of agony were heard throughout the bus, of course not from me.


 


Twenty minutes later, the team was all checked in, unpacked and ready to meet up. Most likely fail miserably at picking up a date. I was conveniently in the bathroom reading a newspaper and hiding from my social anxiety. “Thump thump thump!” “Oye! Quit spanking your monkey, we can all hear it!” yelled Jason in his British accent as the other two guys laughed their heads off. Knowing full well he was accusing me of masturbating just to get me to open up more, I smiled as I opened the door. “Good one.” I replied which caused the group to laugh even harder. After a few minutes of that, the other two guys left leaving me alone with Jason. “Hey Jared mate, why do you never talk? asked Jason. “I don't know.” I answered back. Several moments pass until Jason says “Dude, you're a cool guy but you need to talk more. You'd get way more friends if you would just say something.” “Ok... it's just that a lot of the time I don't even know what to talk about, I don't know shit about you guys.” I replied. “Holy shit mate! I always thought you couldn't say any more than two words at a time. Well dude, you really need to work on that. Meet in the lobby, time to find the chicks.” exclaimed Jason. “Sick. I'll meet you in a few.” I said leaning back further into my pillow. For some random foreign British guy, he had guts and I liked that about him. He made me realize how much of a dick I was for pretty much ignoring everyone I know every day of my life. Standing up, I slowly walk to the door and reach for the handle. Oddly, an ice cold sensation crawls up my arm, traveling through my body until I feel as if I was standing in the Himalayas. I grunt in shock as I witness everything around me grow in size. I feel just like the last time I spun around in circles on an office chair 1000 times. Oddly, my clothes are shrinking with me as my head is now below the door handle. The spinning feeling is too much as I lose my balance and fall face first to the ground.


 


Within 10 seconds, I regain my senses as I hear a female voice say “Is everything alright?”

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoyed and action stuff will be coming in chapter 2.