- Text Size +

Again Tyler pushed himself onto his knees, his head spinning. He took a deep breath, steadying himself. That was a dream, he thought calmly. Chase isn’t here; I’m not two inches tall again. He looked down at his body, realizing that it was fully intact. And I’m not even hurt! He smiled warmly.

            That smile was instantly wiped from his face as a mountain of white crashed to the ground only a few feet before him, shaking the very earth, knocking him back to the ground.

            “What the hell!” he shouted, his eyes slowly climbing the massive object. He blinked once he saw the top. “Well, I was right about most thing,” he whispered languidly to himself.

            Before him stood the towering form of his best friend, Chloe. The white mountain that had so nearly crushed him was her foot covered in her thick padded sock.

            “Where did that idiot go now?” the giant asked no one in particular, placing one hand on her hip. The other clutched what appeared to be a massive sandwich, the crumbs of which were still scattered around her lips.

            “Chloe!” Tyler shouted, now standing up, waving his arms frantically. “I’m down here!” But, his voice was far too tiny to reach her ears. Then, to his horror, Chloe lifted her massive foot.

            “Tyler?” the giant called as she went to take a step forward. Her massive foot hung above Tyler momentarily. The tiny boy couldn’t help but think how familiar this scene looked. But he wasn’t able to think long. Her foot slammed into the ground, Tyler’s small, delicate form beneath it.

            “Honestly, where could he have gone?” Chloe asked herself as she continued her motion, fully unaware that she had just trampled him into the floor.

            It was a miracle that Chloe had socks on, for it gave Tyler the minimal amount of cushioning that he needed to survive. After a moment, he opened his eyes, smiling wildly at the fact that he was still alive. But his happiness was cut short as the girl leaned more on him, pushing his face into her foot, squeezing the air from his lounges. He wanted to call out to his friend, but her weight prevented him from doing so.

            He was lifted into the air as Chloe took another step, his small form glued to her sole. “Wait!” he shouted feebly as he sored through the air. Moments later he was slammed into the ground once again.

He shook his head, trying to come to terms with what was happening. Not only was he shrunken again, but now he was glued to a giant’s foot. He was being trampled by one of his best friends!

 

She continued to walk around the house looking for her lost friend. How had he disappeared? She had been talking to him only a second ago!

Chloe turned a corner, walking down one of the long hallways of the house, each step falling hard onto her little friend. Each step its own little torture. But, somehow, through all the pain and humiliation, Tyler had a smile on his face.

I’m insane, he thought to himself as Chloe stomped on him once again. I can’t be enjoying this. That’s just not something a normal person does!

 

The giant arched her back, moaning with exasperation. She found herself back in the living room once again, no closer to locating her friend then when she started. “Tyler, if you ditched me and expect me to look after the house, your insane.” She shook her head, rolling her eyes as she did so. But then she caught sight of the minimizer sitting on the table, its screen illuminated with the words, “Shrink successful”.

“What did I shrink?” She wondered aloud as she picked up the devise. It took a second for realization to hit her. Chloe’s eyes went wide with horror when it finally did.