- Text Size +

He wished to return to that time, and then time unravelled for him, and he came to the first day of school term back then. Portia would be gone. Wagging school himself, he made his way to Natalie’s house, slipped under the door and went to see her in her lounge room.

“I’m sorry, but Portia’s not staying here anymore,” said Natalie.

“I came to see you,” said Melvin.

“What about?”

“If Portia hadn’t cleaned her room up in time, would you have really liked eating me, when you did it?”

“I should think so. You’re very lucky she got the job done in time. I’m sure you would have made a very tasty meal.”

“When you were putting me into your mouth, I thought your tongue looked wonderful, Natalie. I just missed the chance to touch it, when she came back.”

“Well you’d better not ask me to let you touch my tongue now. I’m not going to spend the rest of the day with the taste of you in my thoughts, now that I won’t be eating you.”

“I came to ask you if you would eat me, please, Natalie. I think it would be fantastic.”

“Really? That’s very kind of you. Did you want me to do it that day too?”

“Yes. I was hoping that Portia wouldn’t make it in time.”

“Now I understand why you really asked me how far I’d go with it. So do you actually want me to swallow you?”

“Yes, I do.”

“Then I’d be happy to let you touch my tongue. How about I put you into my mouth for a little while, and then you can tell me what it was like, before I put you back and swallow you.”

“Yes please.”

“Are you absolutely sure? I don’t think I could let you go after I’ve tasted you.”

“I don’t want you to let me go. I’m sure.”

She placed him gently into her mouth. He lay on her tongue and looked down her throat. He felt the soft moist flesh of her huge pink tongue just below him. He slowly slid himself back and forth a little. It was surreal to know that he was inside a giant woman’s mouth, just as though he were any of the pieces of food she had eaten in her lifetime. In a few minutes she took him out.

“Was it as nice as you’d hoped?”

“Yes, it was lovely. Did I taste nice?”

“You’re absolutely mouth-watering, little one.”

“I’m glad Portia’s gone back to school.”

“I’ll never tell her that I’ve eaten you anyway. She might not respect me after that.”

“She told me never to come back. So she won’t miss me if she visits you again.”

“That’s helpful to know, but Melvin, I don’t think I can talk for much longer. I’m very keen to gobble you down now. Would you like me to give you a goodbye kiss first?”

“Yes please,” he said, and felt the touch of her huge lips.

Then she opened her mouth, put out her tongue and lowered him onto it. She drew it back into her mouth, taking Melvin with it, and gulped him suddenly into her throat and swallowed heavily. He was on his way down to her tummy.