- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Woo! I'm finally back! It's been awhile. Apologies for the long wait. I fell out of the writing groove for a bit, but I'm back in it now. Also, every time I sat down to write this chapter something came up. Very annoying. As payment this chapter is a tad on the long side. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get to the action or it would've been too long. I really wanted to get this out as soon as possible. Important things do happen though! Next chapter will start off with action. Hopefully this will keep you satiated until then. Please enjoy and leave a constructive review!
Goin' Down: Chapter 11

" I need to see Lieutenant Bishop right away. I have important information on a case! He knows me. We're old friends. " Weston said beginning to lose his patience.

" Sorry. I can't just let a civilian go back there. Even if they use to be an officer. And if you can't tell me what case your information pertains to, why should I believe you? " the desk sergeant replied calmly.

" Agh! Fine! Whatever. I'll wait then. "

Wes stomped over to a bench and flopped down. He'd arrived at the police station about five minutes ago to turn in Garza's notebook to whoever was investigating the Amatrax robbery and tell them everything he knew. Well, maybe not everything. The whole shrinking thing may be hard to explain without sounding crazy. It might be for the best to omit that part for the time being.

To be perfectly honest, Wes still wasn't sure he hadn't accidentally walked into a strange science fiction movie. A drug that could shrink people? How absolutely ludicrous was that? More importantly, what was Amatrax doing with a drug that could shrink people? All of this was way above Wes' pay grade.

" The police can have this one. This case is more trouble than it's worth. I'll find another that's less complicated. " Wes thought putting his head back.

There was one other thing on his mind. What were Tabatha and Marissa using the drug for? He had a pretty good idea, but he didn't want to assume anything. Some people had... odd tastes. Who was he to judge what they liked though?

Suddenly, a police officer walked into the building. He looked to be about Wes' age, perhaps slightly taller, with neatly combed brown hair and his thumb in his belt. The man was whistling some tune, but stopped when he saw Wes sitting on the bench.

" Holy crap! Weston? Is that you? It's me, man! Anthony Sadow? " he said grinning broadly.

" Sadow... Oh! We were in the academy together, right? " Wes asked standing up.

" Yeah! Jeez. Never thought I'd see you again after you left. What're you doing here? "

The two men shook each other's hands.

" I'm here to see Bishop about a case, but he's not answering his phone and that desk jockey won't let me see him. "

" Oh, okay. Well I can get you in. I'm sure the lieutenant wouldn't mind. "

" Seriously? "

" Sure. Come on. "

Sadow lead him over to the entrance to the rest of the station.

" He's with me. I'll watch him. " he said to the desk sergeant.

" Make sure you do. " the man replied, not even looking away from his computer.

Wes and Sadow went to the stairs to go up to Bishop's office on the third floor. Both of them knew it was quicker than the elevator.

" So how's the private eye life treating you? I heard you got your own office space and everything. " Sadow asked as they climbed the steps.

" It's been good. Keeping me pretty busy. "

" That's great, man. It sucked to hear that you were leaving the force. I never got a chance to talk to you before you did. Everyone was really surprised. "

" Yeah... I, uh, had my reasons. " Wes said, hoping to change the subject.

Sadow spent the rest of the trip telling him what he had been up to.

" Here we are. Bishop still has the same office. I assume you can handle the rest? " he said when they arrived on the third floor.

" Yeah, I got it. Thanks for the help. "

" No problem, man. It was nice seeing you again. See ya around. "

Sadow shook his hand and went off to work. Not wanting to get stopped by more people, Wes went straight to Bishop's office. The door was open so he knocked on the frame.

" Come in. What do you n- Weston? What are you doing here? " Bishop asked looking up.

" Hey, Paul. I have something I think you're gonna want to see. "

Paul Bishop was an older man, getting on in his years. Weston's father had been good friends with him before he was even born. Bishop had become like a second father to him after everything that happened. He was portly with a bushy mustache and balding hair. He got up from his desk and came around to pat Wes on the shoulder.

" It's been awhile since I last heard from you. How you been? " he asked.

" Fine. Business is good. I got a case the other day that's become pretty crazy. That's actually why I'm here. I came across some information I think would be better used in your hands. "

" Alright. Take a seat. You can tell me about it. " Bishop said sitting back down. Wes sat in one of the chairs in front of his desk.

" So, what is this case? "

" A mother wanted me to find her runaway daughter. Simple enough. I found some emails between her and some drug dealer. I figured I could use the dealer to find out where she was. I set up a meeting with him as a buyer. It didn't go as planned. The dealer recognized me from when I used to be a cop. It was Andreas Garza. A member of Los Diablos. "

" Los Diablos? Shit. If they're involved it isn't good, Weston. Did you get into it with them? That why you got a big ass bruise on your face? "

" Yeah. It's nothing. You of all people know I can fight. "

" I don't doubt your capability. Diablos don't exactly fight fair. You're lucky you didn't get shot. "

" It wasn't for lack of trying... Anyways, I'm not done. I swiped a notebook off of Garza. Inside of it were the names and addresses of everyone he sold drugs to. Makes you wonder why he would go to all that trouble just for some cheap dope, huh? Garza ordered his goons not to shoot me because they didn't want the cops poking around. There had to be a good reason for all of that. Then I heard about the Amatrax robbery. Do you have any leads on that? "

Bishop frowned and folded his arms over his chest. The Amatrax case must have been giving him quite a lot of trouble.

" Not at this time, but we have a team investigating it. "

" Well I think the Diablos stole that shipment from Amatrax. They are the most powerful gang in the city. If anyone has the balls and resources, it's them. They think they're untouchable. "

" I don't know, Weston. This doesn't sound like their usual scheme. Are you sure this isn't about your personal vendetta? "

" What? No! All of this fell into my lap. I didn't go stirring shit up with them for myself. I'm not saying it's the Diablos for sure either. The evidence points to them. I'm asking you to look into it. That's all. "

Wes took out Garza's notebook and put it on Bishop's desk. Bishop picked it up and thumbed through a few pages.

" I'll have the team check it out, alright? See what they come up with. "

" That's all I'm asking. " Wes said standing up.

" You need to be careful, Weston. If Garza's not a complete dumbass he'll realize you stole this notebook and come after you. "

" Don't worry about me. I'm not scared of Garza. " he said somewhat uncertainly.

" I'm serious, Weston. "

" So am I. I should be getting back to the office. Might have a new case waiting for me. You'll be the first person I call if something happens. Talk to ya later. " Wes called behind him as he left Bishop's office.

Bishop let out a deep sigh and tossed the notebook on his desk.

" That kid is gonna get himself killed... Dammit. "

.:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:.

1 day later...

Max threw the small vial of clear liquid into the air and caught it on the way down. He'd been doing this for almost twenty minutes now. Just laying on his couch messing with the miracle drug that screwed up everything. Since that horrible morning with Sarah a couple days ago, Max had been walking around like a zombie. He didn't feel like talking to anyone and purposely dodged customers at his job. All he wanted to do was sulk in peace.

The previous day he had seen Sarah in the hallway and quickly disappeared back inside his apartment. Max still wasn't ready to talk to her yet. He was fairly certain she saw him hide in fear. Now, Max was considering if he wanted to use the drug again. Using it with anyone other than Sarah was a scary idea.

She was the only person that he really trusted with him in such a vulnerable state. He also worried about the effects of the drug. Not so much the possibility of being stuck small, but what it was doing to him psychologically. Max feared that the drug might be making it harder for him to resist his fetish. That last night with Sarah, he had made some downright stupid decisions.

He didn't care about the consequences. His sole desire was to be at Sarah's feet. Despite all of these thoughts, a part of him still desperately wanted to experience it again.

" God dammit. I'm pathetic... " he thought sitting up.

Max decided to stop thinking about it and try to distract himself with something. He was shuffling to his bedroom to stash the drug when someone knocked on his door.

" Who the hell could that be? " he wondered looking over to the clock on the wall.

It was 11:42 AM on a Wednesday morning. He hadn't ordered anything online and today was his day off from work. He slipped the vial into the pocket of his pajama pants and went to the door. Not even bothering to look through the peep hole, he opened the door.

" Yes? " he asked not even trying to hide his displeasure.

Max's eyes widened in shock. The last person he expected to see any time soon was standing outside his door, Sarah Baum.

" S-Sarah? What are you doing here? "

" Nice to see you too, Max. I'm sorry to bother you on your day off, but we need to talk. It's important. " she said awkwardly.

Max squirmed nervously at her words. It took all he had not to attempt to hide behind his door. He wasn't ready to have this conversation, but turning her away when she came to him would be rude. Also, he'd be lying if he said he wasn't moderately interested in what she had to say.

" Okay... Is this about the other night? "

" Yeah, but it's not what you think. Can I come in? This isn't exactly a hallway conversation. "

" Yeah, of course. Come in. " he said stepping out of the way.

Sarah walked to the center of the front room. Max's apartment was laid out much the same as Sarah's, except more sparse and not nearly as clean. Crumpled soda cans, empty water bottles, and used paper plates were spread throughout. He really needed to tidy the place up once Sarah left. Sarah was waiting patiently for him while he had been lost in thought.

" Oh, um, let's sit at the table. Sorry about the mess. I don't have people over often. " he said pulling out a chair for her and sitting down across the round folding table.

" It's fine. So... The thing I wanted to talk about... " she said taking her seat.

Sarah was wearing a dark blue tank top, black short shorts, and black Nike sandals. Her hair was untied and cascaded down around her shoulders. Max decided he would suck it up and take the initiative.

" Look, Sarah. I understand if you don't want to be friends anymore. I can't blame you. There are no hard feelings, alright? "

" What? No, no! That's not what I'm here about! Let me start by asking you a question. Do you plan on using the drug again? "

Max was taken aback by the question. It definitely was not what he thought she was here for.

" Honestly? I probably will. "

" That's what I was afraid of. Ever since you left that morning, I've been worried about you. Worried about what you might do. It's obvious you're aroused by... different things. VERY aroused. Do you have somebody you trust who you can use the drug with? "

" No, not really. But I'm sure I can figure something out. "

" Do you mean you'll find a random person? Who's to say they won't hurt you while you're small, Max? Or worse. "

" What are you trying to say, Sarah? I'm not understanding. "

" I'm saying you're a really nice guy and I don't want anything bad to happen to you. So... If you use the drug, I want it to be with me. This way I'll know you're safe. "

" A-Are you serious? You'd really do that? No... I can't ask you to. "

" I've thought this through. I want to do this. It will make both of us happy. Besides, those things you did didn't feel terrible. My feet could use some attention. " Sarah said smiling slightly.

" I mean... I can't exactly turn down such a great deal. Yes. "

" Alright. Let's set a few ground rules. First, you can only use the drug when I'm around. Never by yourself or with another person. Second, we won't be able to do it every day and I don't think we should. Third, when you do want to do it you have to give me some notice. I'll give you my cell phone number later. That's all I can think of right now. "

" Okay. That's fair enough. "

" Good. Now, do you have any of the drug? "

Max pulled the vial out of his pocket and held it up for her to see.

" Yeah. Why? "

" Would you want to use it right now? I'm completely free today. It could be our way of sealing the deal. " she asked standing up to her full 6'3 height.

" Really? Sure! I'd love to. " Max said failing to hide his excitement.

What an amazing deal!

" Well, we're here already so let's just do it here. "

" Okay. Let me go get a syringe. It'll make the process go faster. "

He hurried to his room and went into his closet. Grabbing a shoe box from the back corner, he opened it and retrieved the syringe and a fresh needle. He quickly replaced the box and went in his bathroom.

" Guess I should use a full dose. " Max thought filling the syringe.

He injected himself and put the syringe in a drawer. Sarah was sitting on his couch when he walked out to the living room.

" I took the drug. Now we wait a bit for it to kick in. "

" You already took it? I was hoping to ask you a couple questions before you did. " she said sounding disappointed.

" Ask away. We have nothing but time. " he said sitting on the couch as well.

" Where are you getting the drug from? It IS pretty revolutionary. Makes me wonder why everyone doesn't know about it. "

" I haven't put much thought into it actually. It must be pretty new wherever it came from. I've been buying it from a drug dealer a friend told me about. I highly doubt he's the mastermind behind the drug though. "

" Hm, okay. Maybe we should look into that later. What does it feel like when you shrink? Is it always as painful as that time in my apartment? "

" That was actually the first time I ever used the drug. The second time was the other day. I haven't used it anymore than that. The second time wasn't nearly as painful as the first. After a bit the pain disappears and it starts to feel surprisingly good. That's when I start to shrink. "

" Last question. What's it like being tiny? "

" Jarring at first. Looking up at someone the size of a skyscraper is as intimidating as you'd think. I got used to it pretty quick. Maybe it's because of my special 'interests'. I felt safe with you too, so that probably had a lot to do with it. " Max said staring at the floor, a familiar dizzy feeling was creeping up on him slowly.

Sarah gave him a genuinely happy half-smile. " Good. I want you to feel safe around me, Max. "

He turned red in the face despite himself. The dizzy feeling hit him full force, making his stomach queasy.

" It's time. I'm about to shrink, I can feel it. I'm gonna lay down on the floor so I can get out of my clothes easier. " he said sliding off the couch to the floor.

" Why not just take your clothes off? That would be a lot easier. "

" It's one thing for you to see me naked when I'm tiny. When I'm big is an entirely different thing. "

Sarah stifled a giggle with her hand.

" Whatever floats your boat, short stuff. "

Max gritted his teeth as his chest began to constrict. The shrinking was even less painful than the last time. It felt as if all the muscles in his body were dully aching. Moments later, the pain transformed into pure bliss. This feeling too was much stronger. Max's shrinking member was becoming hard. The shrinking stopped as suddenly as it started.

He crawled around in the darkness inside his shirt until he was finally able to climb out of an arm hole. Sarah was leaning over him on the couch with a look of concern. His eyes wandered to the floor where she had taken off her sandals.

" Here we go! " Max thought grinning from ear to ear.