- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

It's been too long but I've had midterms and I really struggled for time to write this one and soon my finals will be upon me so the next time I'll have enough time to write will probably be in early December. 

 

Until then, enjoy this chapter and I hope it'll tide things over until then! The writing might be a little rusty due to the gap between chapters but I hope you'll enjoy it all the same. 

 

 

 

“ Hey Alvin, so good to see you!” Cassie exclaimed with elation as she spotted Alvin walking to school with only the clothes on his back. Not wishing to lose any precious time, Cassie moved swiftly to close the gap between her and Alvin, thrilled to run into him so quickly after arriving on school property. The school was largely deserted, a sprinkling of students on the  premises from the schoolyard to the cafeteria, only the early birds were there, the majority of the cohort opting for more shuteye instead of getting the worm.

 

 Alvin looked up, tilting his head up as Cassie approached him. His surroundings darkened as her penumbra and then umbra descended upon him. Cassie had tied her hair up in a bun and gone for a plain looking white blouse and cocoa capris that hugged her toned legs, a pair of sporty sneakers, neon pink with long thick laces looping in and out of it  completing the set. She looked no less gargantuan than she did yesterday afternoon but this time her presence did not carry with it a sense of impending doom.

 

 “ Morning, Cassie. Surprised to see you in school so early,” Alvin replied.

 

 “ I could say the same to you. Are you always the early bird?” Cassie asked gently as she eased herself into a squatting position.

 

 “ Mostly but I need to get my bag.” Alvin stated.

 

Cassie knew why, clearly  remembering the events of yesterday.

 

  “ Oh right….” Cassie uttered mournfully , she had played a big part in that but she was adamant on playing a bigger role in making up for that snafu.

 

 “ Maybe I could help you with that? We’ve got time.” Cassie’s heart pumped a little quicker as she anticipated his answer, preferring if Alvin acquiesced to her request.

 

   “ Oh that would be nice, I could get it a lot faster if you helped.” Cassie felt better and laid her palm out for him to climb on. Once done, she raised her it up as if Alvin were on an elevator before depositing him on her shoulder, Alvin leaning against her neck , Cassie’s shoulder shoulder blade substituting for a bench. He could smell the body wash she used, an intoxicating aroma of peaches, teasing his nose with each breath he took.

 

 “ You’re not going to move too fast right?” Alvin asked her.

 

 “ Fast enough to get that bag and make it to class. By the way, all your homework from last night is done and I made sure Wendy didn’t get you into trouble, you should be fine with your teachers if they ask any questions,” Cassie answered in a chirpy manner, her nervousness giving way to  more pleasant emotions after Alvin reciprocated her offer of assistance.



   “ What did you do?” Alvin inquired, his body gently bobbing with each step Cassie she took.

 

 “ I made them an offer they couldn’t refuse,” Cassie and Alvin both chuckling.

 

 “I explained your situation without going into too much detail but that’s over now, you don’t have to be so concerned with it now,” She casually mentioned to Alvin as they made their way to the grandstand.

 

  As they passed through the Titan-sized entrance, the feeling of Alvin on her neck, his little body pressed against her neck, moving ever so gently with each breath she took reminded her of his plight. It didn’t take long for her to remember Alvin telling her about his sadistic stepsister and what she had done to make his life a living hell.

 

 “ Say, how about lunch together?”  It would certainly keep Alvin out of Wendy’s clutches, Cassie thought to herself. If she wanted to pick on little guys like Alvin, she’d give Wendy a taste of her own medicine.

 

 “J-just the two of us?” Alvin asked, a little taken aback by her question, it had become a habit of his to dine alone, his way of forming a protective cocoon to deflect attention. However, he could always make an exception.

 

 “ Only if my friends can’t make it but I doubt that’ll be the case.We should hang out more, get to know each other better, it would be great,” Cassie stressed each point, hoping to nudge Alvin to the right answer but she held back a little, afraid of pushing the little guy too much.

 

“ I’d love to meet your friends.”

 

Upon hearing this,  Cassie couldn’t  resist reaching back with her finger and gently patting Alvin, “ Thanks, you’ll love them and I promise they don’t bite. Well...Nadya once put a guy in her mouth,something about trying to take French kissing to a whole new level but you won’t get shoved into any mouths, I swear.” Cassie laughed to herself, amused by what had happened with Nadya and her now ex-boyfriend.

 

 “ That’ll be a first,” Alvin replied as they trudged off to the track.  

 

*****

“ What the-Are you seeing this Camilla?” Wendy nudged the drowsy Amazon on her shoulder, the latter responding with an affirmative grunt, gently pushing Wendy away before raising her head off the hardwood table, both of them were sitting out in the open air.

 

 “ Must you make so much noise? You already convinced me to be here at seven thirty when it’s a freaking ghost town, Serena and Britney don’t have to be here,” Camilla squinted, her eyelids like two lead weights, she regretted staying up for her one woman anime marathon the previous night.



 “ We’re all friends but you’re my BFF, remember when we got detention because you convinced me to help you get back at Bella Morton for calling you a chunky meat bag by shoving her in a locker?” Wendy did not turn to look back at her friend, she was too fixated on the conversation between Alvin and Cassie or at least their interactions, she couldn’t hear them.

 

 “ Yeah,” A grin materializing on Camilla’s face, her hazel eyes dancing with glee as she played back those memories. “ Its been six months but Bella still flinches every time we make eye contact,” Camilla purred.

 

 “ Well the three Saturdays we spent in detention weren’t that amazing but did I complain? No I did not, now take a look at what my shrimp of a step-bro is up to!” Wendy jabbed her pointer finger towards Alvin.

 

 Camilla grunted in response and looked, scrutinising as much as her sleep deprived brain would allow her to.

 

 She sighed, “ Whoop di doo Wend, Alvin’s got a girlfriend, good for him.” Camilla yawned and laid her head back down, this went unnoticed by Wendy as she witnessed Alvin climbing aboard Cassie’s hand.

 

“ It doesn’t make sense, we left him in the changing when Cassie and her pals would walk in, see him looking up their skirts and, they should freak out! Get mad because there’s a  pervert peeping at you and then she’ll torture him, like she did to all of those other guys!”

 

 All Wendy got for that was a acknowledging snore from Camilla.

 

“ Wake up already!” Wendy slapped Camilla’s bicep in frustration.

 *****

 

“ Yep...everything’s is as it should be,” Alvin felt relieved as he placed the last of his textbooks into his bag, no one had pilfered his bag or its contents although he was pretty sure few people would commit a felony to own his three year old smartphone, the plastic was peeling and some of the buttons were sluggish in response.

 

 “ That’s wonderful,” Cassie called out from above as she watched him pack his bag, slip his arms between the straps and when he was ready, climb aboard her hand.

 

 “ Hey, I saw you while you were practicing and I thought  your moves were interesting,” Alvin commented as Cassie gently raised her hand.

 

“ Interesting? Or is it because you thought they were sexy?” Cassie asked, a little smirk on her delicate face.

 

 “ Definitely interesting, you get the other one a lot?” Alvin laughed nervously.

 

 Cassie nodded , chuckling as she let Alvin settle back on to her shoulder, “ You have no idea, a lot of guys would come when I first made the team. Thankfully, it stopped, the catcalling really got to me after a while.”

 

 “ Sorry you had to go through that,” Alvin offered a consoling pat on her shoulder, unsure if she even felt it.

 

 “ It’s in the past now, I don’t get that anymore.” Cassie replied as she began moving back into the main wing of the school.

 

 “ That’s good. Anyway, I really liked the part where you let the smaller cheerleaders use your body as part of the act, I never saw anyone else do that before,” Alvin shifted a little as Cassie moved down the hallway, the morning sun’s rays casting wide beams of light through the clear glass panes.

 

 “ I came up with it or at least I convinced our captain at the time to allow it. That in itself should have been an achievement right there,” Cassie’s lips curled into a slight smirk, “ since Gail wasn’t the most open to new ideas, especially not from a someone who just joined the team.”

 

 “ I vaguely remember a Gail, was she that tall tanned redheaded Titan from a couple of years ago?” He did remember someone like that on the cheerleading team, he might even have had a crush on her, Alvin fell for more girls than he liked to admit to on a daily basis.

 

 “ You’ll have to be a little more specific with the details there, tall redhead Titan describes quite a few girls in school but yes, she was around when we first got into high school, she was cheer captain, pretty intimidating too, the girl had a real presence about her, you wouldn’t dare pick a fight with her,” Cassie said and although she took pride in what she had done, she felt a hard lump in her throat which she had to fight to swallow, surprised at how strongly she felt over what was supposed to be ancient history.

 

 “ But I managed to get through to her and when we did the routine you saw, it really took off and  we won our first state championship since 1996 when Hillary was in office. The best part came after that…” Cassie gently turned around a corner, she kept her strides small and controlled the turn well or Alvin would have gone airborne.

 

 “ What was that?” Alvin asked, Cassie stopped to greet another Titan before resuming their little trek to the schoolyard.

 

 “ I became captain even though I had only been with the squad for a year, they always gave it to a more senior cheerleader but I got it, mostly because of the routine I suggested, it really felt like winning the lottery,” Cassie gushed as she found a smaller set of doors, beyond which apart from scale, were no different from Cassie had on her side.

 

 “ That sounds like you made history right there,” Alvin said as Cassie bent her knees in front of the doors.

 

 “ Yep, So I’ll see you for lunch?” Cassie asked as Alvin stepped off, slinging his bag over his shoulder.

 

 “ Definitely,” Alvin replied as he waved goodbye while pushed through the doors, back to a part of school that suited someone his size. As the doors swung shut, he could not help but feel good about himself, an emotion nearly alien to him but who was he to complain, his life appeared to be on the up.  



****

 

 

  Alvin walked through the cafeteria doors and straight into the Normal/Amazon section, the Titan part was further down with their own amenities but the food was just as tasteless and unhealthy as theirs. There was no segregation between the Titans and the rest, that time had long since passed and any sizist incidents were usually confined to a particular town or state that had gained notoriety for such unsavoury issues.

 

 His morning classes had gone rather swimmingly, no one had ever bothered him and his homework had been graciously handled  by Cassie so it was smooth sailing all the way until recess.

 

 Remembering his lunch appointment with Cassie, he scanned the far end of the room ,where the Titans sat, his new friend being easy to spot, a blonde island in a sea of brunettes and ginger.

 

 Cassie didn’t notice Alvin and he couldn’t call her, his phone’s battery having long since run out of juice after being forced to spend the night in school so his only option was to go up to her and get her attention.

 

 “ Alvin…” Alvin’s body shivered in unison as his name was called, it was chilling and drawn out, in fact it was eerily similar  to  the previous morning.

 

Alvin didn’t need to guess who had called and he spun around to see Wendy, Camilla and Serena. Britney was conspicuously absent so he was glad to have one less bully to deal with.

 

“ Oh crap,” Alvin mouthed to himself but Wendy took notice of it and snapped her fingers and before he could move, Serena and Camilla had grabbed them by his arms with Wendy following, well aware of where he was going and whom he was going to.

 

 He tried to struggle, only his legs were but he could not kick out at them without losing balance so he quickly resorted to the next best thing.



“ Cass-” Alvin’s SOS call was cut off by Camilla’s hand clamping itself on Alvin’s lips like a facehugger, her vice like grip squeezing his cheekbones, A lvin swore they would break if she so much as increased the force on them. He was livid, everyone could see this but watched him as if it were a staged act, for their entertainment and a few even whipped out their phones to record this but none so much as raised a finger to help. Fortunately, someone did notice.

 

 Camilla and Serena slammed him against a wall, unaware of what was about to happen. Neither did Wendy.

 

 “ Okay shrimp, tell me what’s going on?” Wendy asked very curtly as she  stood toe to toe with him, the faint acidic scent of perspiration and deodorant wafting through the air around him, a rather common feature Wendy had thanks to her morning gym classes.

 

 “ With what?” Alvin fired back, he stopped himself from saying a few choice words, words that got him into more trouble than he deserved the previous day.

 

“ You and Cassie that’s what! When did you two become boyfriend and girlfriend?” She spoke softly, aware of the attention this was, a consequence she foresaw when she came up with this rather impromptu plan but her foresight overlooked what would happen next.

 

 “ We’re not-” A very dark shapely shadow fell over the group, alerting all of them to the person

looming over them. Turning their necks in an almost synchronised manner, the four of them saw Cassie, by herself, straddling several tables and to put it mildly, upset at what was taking place literally under her nose.

 

 “ So...you girls must be the ones Alvin told me about yesterday,” Her eyes narrowed as she got a good look at each one , each of the girls felt something in their stomach, a sense of impending doom washing over them, Amazons may have been powerful but a Titan was a fish too big for them to handle.

 

 “ I just have one question: Which one is Wendy?” Cassie didn’t have to say any more, a lone finger pointed at Wendy. Cassie’s eye followed the finger, chuffed she did not have to resort to more drastic measures. Wendy cursed Serena for ratting on her, her anonymity with Cassie evaporating almost instantly, her “loyal” friend was shaking as she pointed her finger at Wendy.

 

“ Ah...thank you,” Cassie politely and courteously addressed Serena before snatching up Wendy with none of the care and restraint she had with Alvin earlier in the morning.

 

“ The rest of you may go, I think neither of you want to join your little friend here  but..there’s always room for more,” Cassie said calmly.

 

Alvin soon found himself alone as Camilla and Serena sprinted off, not even looking up to check on their friend. Wendy saw that and for once, felt vulnerable, a feeling she had staved off for years.

 

 “ So,” Cassie turned her attention to Wendy, flipping her about and feeling her body with her long finger, the pads on her fingers pressing gently against her Amazonian physique as she assessed the worm she held.

 

 “ No curves, no muscle, you’re like nine feet of misshapen clay. Yet you have the gall to pick on Alvin, one of my closest and dearest friends,” Cassie’s voice reverberated through the entire room, a statement she intended for everyone to hear. This got quite a few students chatting and more phones being  used to record this, everyone wanted to get a piece of the action.

 

“ Y-you’re n-not so pretty yourself!” Wendy’s feeble stuttering attempt at a comeback was best left undone as Cassie let out a hearty laugh.

 

 “ Oh Wendy...we both know that it is far from true,” Cassie was done with her for now, she still had to check on Alvin who watched in a stunned silence, mouth slightly agape at how his newest friend had in minutes humiliated the biggest bully in his life. She secured Wendy by closing her fist around her, the little Amazon immobilised and helpless against a superior force.

 

 “ You okay?” She asked, a little concerned but she noted how his arms lacked any bruises and he had no trouble standing although she hadn’t ruled out any internal damage.

 

 “ I’m fine. You were...awesome?” Alvin couldn’t come up with anything else to say , he only wished he’d met her sooner.

 

 “Just glad you’re okay, need a ride to the table?”

 

“ Yeah, it’s a long walk.” Within seconds he found himself on Cassie’s flat palm, being walked to the table where he spotted two other Titans, silently watching everything unfold.

 

One of them was a  Titan with mocha skin, her frizzy red tinted hair the first thing Alvin noticed. Her brown eyes flitted between him and Wendy, whose head peeked out of her fist, paralyzed by fear. She wore a loose fitting sweater with the school logo emblazoned as well as the ubiquitous FDR colours of blue and white so he couldn’t a proper assessment of her figure but based on her arms and face, she was probably more voluptuous than Cassie.

 

 The other girl was much paler than her although Alvin didn’t need to look hard for her most prominent features, they were encased in fabric, the straps of her turquoise Luxom tank top the only that barred  them from jumping out and saying hello. Her eyes were a light shade of blue but she seemed more distant than her friend.

 

 “ Sorry girls, I’ll get the introductions going after I deal with the little pest,” Cassie jerked her head in Wendy’s direction as she let Alvin off, he waved at the two Titans who in turned waved back at him.

 

 “ Yesterday you shoved a sock in Alvin’s mouth, what’ll be a fair punishment for you?” Cassie pondered out loud as Cassie moved her fist about and eyed her with curiosity, she couldn’t do to her what she had rather erroneously inflicted on Alvin, it wasn’t the right setting.

 

 “ Socks, socks are worn with shoes, shoes are worn on feet and you made Alvin  taste...Aha!” Cassie uttered, having a little Eureka moment.

 

 “ No, please, don’t!” Wendy’s begging fell on deaf ears as the hand lowered, descending with an increasing acceleration until Wendy was just above Cassie’s sneakers, the Titan having slipped her foot out of them.

 

“ I’d move to the front if I were you,” Cassie said without any empathy for Wendy and let go of  her. Wendy fell about ten feet, the sneaker’s insole cushioning the fall.

 

 Wendy heeded Cassie’s advice as  her foot closed in on her, Wendy screaming and scrambling further into the shoe,  the foot cutting off all possible routes of escape.

 

 It was like running from a five headed hydra, Cassie’s sock covered foot squeezing and squirming as she forced it back in. With a jerk, she caught Wendy who was flung on top, pressed between the roof of the shoe and the ground which was now a Titan foot.

 

Out of courtesy, Cassie loosened the laces a little, she didn’t want Wendy asphyxiating inside.

 

Looking back up , Cassie could now devote her time to Alvin and her two closest friends.

 

 With her right arm, she gestured towards them, “ Alvin, meet Nadya and Jamila. Nadya and Jamila, meet Alvin,” she beamed down at Alvin as she said so, who despite being in very unfamiliar territory, didn’t quite mind the company he found himself in.  

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please comment, especially on the part towards the end where Cassie shoves Wendy into her shoe, never done a foot scene before. Hope it'll be liked.