- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Come to think of it, I've never really elaborated on Kat's character before, have I? I had planned to talk more about her, but it just fell through for some reason or another. Oh well, you can get a feel of how she's supposed to be like here, and I hope I can put her back into the story on of these chapters :)

 

As usual, unfinished, so apologies in advance!

Day 7: No Title

 

Madison was busy talking to Claire. She was pretty much in charge of the giantesses of the town, so it was up to her to talk things out with the uninvited guest. It was all supposed to be official and stuff, so they left me behind closed doors. I was put outside, left in the charge of Katrina.

 

Madison had passed me to Kat before locking the door to her room behind her. I was cradled in her hands, a motion I thought was disallowed unless the giantess had a license. Apparently, the rules in a giantess's house were more lax to accommodate the difference in scale. There would have been no way I could have climbed to the top of the table myself, otherwise. Kat had full permission to handle me however reasonably she chose to.

 

“I'll be in charge of you for now, little Eliot,” Kat said to me with a happy hum. She ran her fingers down my back in a stroking motion, like comforting a scared animal the first time you held it. Not that I was scared, mind you, and Kat was clearly enjoying the opportunity to hold a tiny again.

 

“Oh, you're all wet,” Kat remarked as she rubbed my arm between her two colossal fingers. The pinching motion covered my entire upper arm, but it only felt like somebody giving me a light embrace. Kat's touch was as gentle as Madison's, but not as refined; her grip left my arm hanging at an uncomfortable angle, but it otherwise felt like I was just being pulled along. “Let's get you dried up. I've got a blow dryer in my room”

 

Kat turned to her room, but stopped herself before she could take a step forward. She looked down to me in the eye and asked, “Should I carry you or should I let you down?”

 

“Uh,” I scratched the back of my head reflexively. She was probably just trying to be polite, but obviously being carried would have been easier for the both of us. But then again, since Kat was so kind as to offer...

 

“I've never tried moving around the house by myself before,” I said to massive face above me, “So maybe I'll give it a shot.”

 

“Oh,” Kat said with surprise, but quickly let out a cat-like grin instead, “Alrighty, then.”

 

I felt the world suddenly lose gravity as I was propelled down to the ground. It was three storey freefall from Kat's hand to the floor. The sudden change in altitude must not have felt like much to Kat, but it felt like the first drop from a roller coaster ride to me.

 

“Here you go, then,” Kat said, as she tilted her hand to one side, sliding me down onto the soft wooden floor below. I was still disorientated from the drop, so I just sat on the floor for a few seconds.

 

I felt a dull thud beside me as Kat's foot landed barely a few inches from me. “Need a hand up?” Kat said with a mischievous grin, “Or should I say, a leg up?”

I laughed weakly to myself, but rolled myself onto Kat's foot, and tried to stand up. On cue, Kat leaned her foot on her heel and raised the front up, pulling me up with it. I was groggy still, but at least now I was on my feet. I patted the big toe beside me in appreciation, and said rather weakly, “Thanks, Kat.”

 

“No problemo,” Kat said cheerfully. I looked up into the sky and saw Kat merrily humming to herself. She was enjoying this immensely, it seemed.

 

I sauntered my way toward the looming door in the distance. It was a good fifty meters to me, and I was still in a daze, but I managed to put one foot in front of the other. As I trudged across the floor, I realized that I stumbled constantly in spite of myself. The ground I tread was deceptively uneven; closer inspection revealed numerous indents printed across the floor. I had forgotten how much a giantess weighs, the battered wooden surface sunk in where the house's inhabitants feet fell. The footprints were too shallow for anyone to notice from on high, but from where I stood, the room was a minefield of sloping craters.

 

The tremors of Kat's own footfalls followed closely behind me as I made my way forward. I'd feel an occasional puff of air blow past me as Kat took a step ahead of me. She made sure I was nestled between her feet, for some reason, and while she never once touched me, I could feel an eager pause whenever her toes drew near me.

 

When we finally came to the door, Kat opened the door for me, and waved a hand in invitingly. Inside was a messy room, a stark contrast to Madison's tidiness. Even from my height, I could see that the bedsheet was falling off one side of the bed, random articles of clothes were strewn about the floor, and a strange collection of plain white dolls about my size both on the shelf and laid about near the foot of the bed. Kat didn't seem particularly concerned about the mess, but did brush aside foreign object in my path.

 

Kat's swept a red shirt out of my way, and as she drew her foot back, it stopped briefly beside me again, toes scrunched in apparent restraint. I took this opportunity to poke it as hard as my tiny finger could muster, and looked up to the surprised giantess's face. “Say Kat, did you want something from me?” I asked my host.

 

“Oh, um...” Kat mumbled to herself, flustered that she'd been found out, “Well, can I be honest with you, Eliot?”

 

“Sure,” I said naively.

 

“Well...” Kat said, squatting down without moving her feet away from me. I instinctively stepped back as she brought herself down closer to me. I guess I still wasn't used to having someone the size of a truck hang precariously over me. “You know I don't have a license yet, right? So you're the only tiny I get to see on a regular basis.”

 

She strode over to her bed, sitting above the heap of clothes and dolls on the floor below. “It's been three months since I've come to live here,” Kat said with a distant look, “And the only reason I've chose here is...well...”

 

Kat bit her lip. Her conflicted look told me that she didn't know whether she should be honest with me or not. But eventually, her face cleared and she looked back down to me with a big playful grin, “I'm from the North, from the giantess city of Aleata. Back there, tinies aren't even allowed near our feet, and we're not to touch them with our peds either.”

 

Huh, that was odd. Claire was all over me with her feet, though. I didn't want to tell Kat about that, though.

 

“But here, it's the complete opposite!” Kat exclaimed, throwing her hands out to her sides for emphasis, “The agreement was for us to use nothing but out feet to interact with you, all the tests in getting a license are based on how well we handle a tiny with only that. It's just something I've been dying to try out all my life!”

 

Kat picked up one of the dolls on the floor with her foot, and began twirling it expertly between her toes. “I've even picked up a few tricks outside of the tests. I can do massages, change clothes, write, operate a computer, even CPR on tinies with just my feet. I can even do some things better with my feet than my hands.”

 

“But I never got to try it at home,” Kat said, “And even here, I need a silver license like Sylvie does before I even get to touch anyone...”

 

Kat let go of the doll and stepped down on it with the balls of her feet. She rubbed it up and down while scrunching her toes, kneading the doll in a rhythmic fashion. I briefly imagined myself under her sole, and wondered if I would survive such vigorous torment. Just as I wondered, Kat pulled open the doll with her other foot, and out streamed a bunch of inflated balloons amidst the cotton. It was then I realized not once did one pop as Kat worked the doll with her feet. I would have heard it otherwise.

 

I gave a small applause, and Kat responded with a curt bow. With a single step, she popped the scattered balloons and swept her handiwork aside. “I've been practicing for the day I could finally be allowed into the city,” Kat said with a smile, “...but maybe you'd like a sneak preview?”

 

Kat held that cat-like grin as she stepped toward me. I was still seated when she approached, and she put her massive toes into my lap. I knew they were heavy, with every digit larger than my head, but even with such a casual step, Kat held back her full weight from me. The warmth of her skin reminded me I was still cold and wet, and seemed inviting even with my earlier fears of being crushed.

 

But I decided against it. “Sorry Kat,” I said as I pushed myself off from under her toes, “But I can't do this right under Madison's nose.”

 

Kat seemed disappointed, but she only shrugged. “I only wanted to show off,” she said with a sarcastic sigh. She bent down and reached a hand out beside me, “I guess we should get you dried first, then.”

 

I climbed on, and this time, Kat lifted me up with a gentler incline. She brought me onto her table, in front of a gigantic hand mirror propped upright on the surface. With a tilt, I was slid off her hand and left alone on the table.

 

Kat dug through the pile of clothes strewn about, and eventually pulled out a hand towel from a pile of undergarments. She threw it on top of me, and I was buffeted by the gigantic cloth, falling to the table surface. I crawled until my head peeked out from the towel's edge, with Kat already before me, smiling.

 

“Just take off your clothes from under there, and I'll dry them off for you,” Kat said. She gave me a surreptitious wink, letting her grin widen further, “I won't peek.”

 

I blushed a little, retreating back into the towel. I was a little apprehensive, what with how Kat teased me earlier already. The last thing I wanted was to be taken advantage of by Kat. But there wasn't much I could do at the moment, so I didn't have much of a choice. Under the covers, I took off my shirt, pants and momentarily wondered if I should keep my briefs on, but shrugged and slipped off of them. I threw them out into the open, and felt a hand loom above, grabbing my wet garments.

 

I rolled the towel around myself, forming a makeshift robe for myself. I broke my head out of the fold like a hood and wrapped the rest of the two about me, drying me off. It was like a massive blanket, surrounded by that warm, fuzzy feeling of fresh fabric against skin.

 

Kat was busy on the other side of the table, hooking up a hair dryer scaled to her size to a socket in the wall. I noticed a meter above the socket, indicating how much power has been used so far. A device of that size must take a lot of power, so the town must have limited how much electricity a giantess could use.

 

Kat held my clothes flat on her palm and began drying them with her hair dryer. The noise sounded almost like a jet turbine; loud and high pitched, and I had to cover my ears before they got used to the racket. Kat seemed unperturbed by the heat as she let the hot air blow down on her hand for several minutes. Eventually, Kat seemed satisfied and laid my dried clothes in front of me. “Here you go,” she said cheerily.

 

I rolled up the towel to make way for my arm, and grabbed my clothes. With a single touch, I immediately pulled back my hand, feeling a hot singe on my skin. The excessive amount of heat from the dryer must have made my clothes as hot as fire. I swear I could see steam rising from them, like a freshly ironed shirt.

 

I gave my clothes a minute to cool before pulling them into the towel. I put them on, relishing the feeling of warm garments again, and came out fully clothed once more.

 

Kat was seated down with an elbow on the table and a hand tucked under her chin, looking my way interestedly. I walked up to her, paying attention to her hands. It didn't look like they got burnt at all. “You weren't scared that you'd burn yourself?” I asked.

 

“A little heat wouldn't hurt us,” Kat replied, flexing her fingers before me, “Giantesses have a long history of surviving harsh weather; we didn't have clothes which could fit us before, see?” Kat tugged at the collar of her shirt as if to make her point. “Surviving in the cold mountains or scorching desert came naturally to us.”

 

“Huh,” I said aloud, “Then why live in cities with tinies at all, then?”

 

Kat blinked at the sudden difficult question thrown at her. She put a finger to her lip, looking skyward in thought. It looked like she hasn't thought about it before, either. “Hrm,” she mumbled, “I haven't been around long enough to say exactly why...but I do know why we'd leave the giantess cities.”

 

Kat leaned back into her chair, ready to tell a long story. “I told you I'm from Aleata, right?” Kat began, “And that things there are way different from here. A normal family would take care of about ten tinies at a time, and we'd keep them strictly within our houses. We'd take care of them, and in return, they'd help us with small tasks and keep us company.”

 

Kat gave a sigh before continuing, “Most families aren't more than two giantesses. Even the cities are just about a hundred of us gathered together. There's just so few of us that we'd get lonely over time. Even with ten tinies living with us, if we're not even allowed to touch them, then it's as good as having a pet in a glass cage. That just wasn't enough for some of us.”

 

“So we're naturally drawn to your cities, where you're free to do as you please. We wanted to get to know you, how such small beings lived their lives, befriend you as equals, and sometimes...” Kat grinned at me as she said the next bit, “We form families of our own together.”