- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Even worse than the previous chapter, I haven't gone a page into it and my idea just tapered off >___> I was fiddling around with a slow growth story about random girls and women who just one day start growing for no reason, and hoped to write how they deal with it, but.....eh. I'm really bad at keeping with an idea ._.

Sudden Growth City

 

Nobody knows why it happens, but we knew we had to live with it. It was twenty years ago when it first happened; without cause, without warning, the first woman in the world grew into a giantess. At first, it was just an ordinary day unlike any other, and Cindy Junes was on her way to work, reading the morning papers as the crowded metro took her to her office's district. All too suddenly, she felt a tightening of her clothes; a dress suit too small for her, pumps compressing her feet, and a ring constricting her finger. As soon as it had started, she ripped free, tearing her growing body from these sudden restraints, and began displacing the people in the metro with her sheer size alone.

 

That was when everybody on the train realized she wasn't going to stop growing. People fled to either end of the train, the unlucky ones standing too close slowly devoured by the growing advance of Cindy's expanding bottom. She became so huge that her size alone tore the train in half, The front engine driving away, leaving the passengers in the back to their fate. But Cindy grew still, and when even the tunnel could not fit her, the earth buckled and erupted out into the busy street above.

 

By the time Cindy had stopped growing, she was three hundred feet tall, taller than most buildings around her, and her feet filled the roads she was standing in, crushing cars and people alike who had the bad luck of being where her footfalls would land. It was like a natural disaster. People started running en masse away from the sudden giantess, drivers scrambling out of their vehicles as their cars jammed before the roadblock of feet. Screams and yells were inevitable, and only served to distress the giantess. A giant hand reached down to the fleeing masses, but even a gentle tap managed to flatten the crowd underneath.

 

Cindy looked in horror at the blood on her hands. She only meant to stop someone – anyone – and try to explain herself to him. She was confused, naked and now had to tend to the guilt of murdering the dozens of people underneath her. Her actions must seem incomprehensible to the scrambling crowd below; her body bursting through a busy intersection, seemingly ending lives without a thought with ever action she took. If she took another step, who knows who might still be underfoot. If she called out, it would only stir their fears further. If she did anything, it would inevitably destroy the city.

 

So Cindy fell down, collapsed in the middle of the now empty streets and rolled up into a fetal ball. She waited for somebody, anybody, to come rescue her, or simply put her out of her misery. A response team and the military had come, and they were shouting at her it seemed, but she didn't care. What she wanted was for somebody to pick her up, hold her, tell her it's alright, but nobody in the world was big enough for that now.

 

Cindy continued to cry, ignoring the small people nearing her. She could see that they were getting closer and closer...and smaller too, for some reason. That was when she realized, she was still growing! She was about to crush the people next to her unwittingly, and she had to do something. Quickly, Cindy rose to her feet, ignoring the fact that she had stepped on some firetrucks, and made a mad sprint away. She didn't care where she ran, if she stayed there, she would eventually outgrow even the streets, crushing everything with her growth. She ran, leaping over buildings, crashing through overhead passes, as far as she could go. Ahead was a hill, with no buildings in sight around it. Cindy leaped up, scaling the side of the hill and fell to the slope on the other side, panting heavily at the effort to run almost half the length of the city. She looked at herself; a small shack lay by her feet, barely taller than her toe now. She must have grown several hundred more feet, and even as she sat down, she could see the top of the hill slowly shrink past her.

 

It was hopeless. She didn't know when she'd stop growing, so she continued running, finding a place where she could grow without harming others.