- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is probably one of the longest so far, a lot happens in this chapter! Enjoy :)
------

Kai -

I am roughly gripped by a very muscular hand which covers my head, it must be a man who grabbed me.

I wonder where he is taking me.

I feel myself starting to panic, I have no control over this, what happens now? Will I ever see Tris and Christy again? How long will it take them to get help and search for me?

My brain is working at 100mph trying to work out why someone would grab me and carry me along the beach without saying a word.

I must be being kidnapped.

I dread to think what awaits me.

I catch a glimpse outside of his hand and see that he is wearing blue shorts. I look up and see that he is heading towards a large restauraunt just off the beach. I have eaten there before, I recall.

"Hey! Where are you taking me? What are you doing?!" I shout up at him, but he only moves my head back into his hand roughly, not saying anything.

He finally walks through a door and I feel cool air hit my skin, I can hear people talking and the clatter of knives and forks as they eat, I try to call out for help but my mouth is covered.

He walks through another door and the sounds of the previous room die out and all I can hear is the hum of a fan and quiet conversation in the room.

"Hey, I got the last one." I hear my kidnapper say to someone, then I hear claps around the room and people cheering, laughing.

Just then I hear a feminine voice shout,

"Why are you keeping us in here? This is wrong! It's inhumane!" She shouts.

"Shut up!" A gruff voice shouts.

I am abruptly dropped into a large box filled with other shrinkees, I count 31 others, all different sizes, some smaller than me and some taller than me.

The smallest is around 3 inches, and the tallest is who the feminine voice belongs to, she looks about 12 inches tall, double my height. The next tallest person only reaches her chest.

"What's going on?" I ask, still disoriented. I notice everyone is wearing beach clothing, indicating that everyone has been taken from the safety of their towels.

"Shhhh!" A 4 inch tall man points up. A rough looking young man is staring down at us.

"Ok you little worms, we brought you here because you are going to provide us all with entertainment." He sneers, laughter rises all around him, women and men's laughter.

"You can't do this!" A 3 inch tall woman speaks up. The man just glares down at her, laughing to her face.

"Ok, so each of you are going to fight each other, and we are going to bet on the winners." He begins, letting the words sink in.

Fight each other? He can't be serious. I can't see outside the box but I can hear lots of people talking.

"What do you mean fight each other?!" An 8 inch tall man with red shorts shouts up. (Companies have started selling miniature clothing, but I haven't had a chance to get any yet).

"Exactly what I said, now shut up." He snaps harshly. "If any of you refuse to fight, you will be sold to the highest bidder." He adds, laughter once again filling the room.

What the hell is this?

Suddenly the box we are in is lifted up and everyone is knocked off their feet by the shaking.

I slump against the side and I have to roll out of the way when a 9 inch girl with dark red hair and a black bikini falls towards me, slamming against the side of the box just next to me. She seems so much larger than me, I only come up to the middle of her stomach, her legs and arms look thicker than mine.

I look up and see people tripping and falling over each other.

I notice the comparison in sizes between all of the people, and realize that the shorter people won't stand a chance against the taller people. I'd like to think that I stand a chance of some sort because of my physique.

Next we are all dumped into a large glass container, looking out into an orange, dimly lit room at around 80 faces, all staring back at us.

About 2 feet in front of us is what looks like a miniature fighting ring. The ropes are black and the fighting ring is a white floor with red patterns on it.

"Ok, just so you know, you will be put up against each other in a knockout tournament, that means if you lose a round, you're out, and we'll decide what to do with you afterwards." He says that so calmly.

It's like he isn't talking about making human beings fight each other against their will for money.

"If you win your round you go through to the next round. If you win the tournament, then we will put you back where we found you." He finishes, again letting his words sink in and he walks away, being replaced by two people with coloring pencils scrutinizing us and scribbling on pieces of paper.

I look at what they are doing and they appear to be identifying us by the colours we are wearing.

I see one of them scribble down some red shorts in one of the boxes and then the image of a blue bikini in the one next to it.

Those two will fight each other.

Loud conversation can be heard outside of the glass container and hushed conversation is being exchanged between people inside.

I look around at people's faces, fear, uncertainty, in some cases confidence and determination.

Thankfully there are no kids amongst us.

I see a 3 inch girl in the corner cowering and crying, she only looks around 16, the youngest I can see, I go over to her and sit next to her, she has long black hair.

She looks up at me and she continues crying.

"Hey, what's your name?" I ask softly.

"Serena." She sniffs.

"Look Serena, everything's going to be ok, someone will come in here and stop all this, trust me." I reassure her, but I don't know that for sure.

She stops crying and wipes the tears from her face.

"Ok." She whispers.

Just then the horrible man comes back and peers in at us.

"Ok little ones, the winner is decided when one person can no longer continue fighting." His words cold and harsh.

They send a chill down my spine, everyone else looks at him in shock.

"First up is... - he looks at a piece of paper - the girl in the green bikini and the girl in the pink."

My mouth goes dry, Serena is the girl with the green bikini and the girl in the pink is the blonde girl who is 12 inches tall. I see her scan the crowd for a girl in green and when her eyes settle on Serena she sighs with relief.

I feel sick, I just promised her everything would be ok.

He reaches in and picks them both up, they don't struggle. I notice that Serena only comes up to the other girls' knees. A very sickening sight.

"I-I don't want to do this!" The girl in pink shouts up from inside the ring.

"You either fight, or you get sold to one of these lovely people." He gestures to the crowd, using the word 'sold' so casually.

She shakes her head and looks at the tiny girl in front of her, an apologetic look on her face.

"Place your bets!" The man shouts. "You fight when I say go."

People place their bets, throwing money into one specific pile, nobody touching the other pile.

Serena looks determined, but her determination looks like it won't help her.

"Go!"

Serena charges at the other girl, she grabs her leg and tries to throw her off balance, having to wrap most of her arms length around the girls' lower leg.

She doesn't even move an inch and just shakes her leg slowly in the air until Serena falls in a heap curled up at her feet.

The blonde girl looks down at her with a look of pity and kneels down, whispering something in Serena's ear. Then she swings her foot and appears to connect with her head.

To everyone else it looked like a lethal blow, but I noticed that she didn't even touch her. Everyone in the crowd made loud ooos and ahhhs.

She told her to act as though she was kicked in the head and got knocked out, that was very kind of her.

Only I appeared to notice.

A bell rings somewhere.

The man lifts up Serena and drops her casually into the cardboard box we were in before.

This goes on until 15 people are eliminated and it is just me and the red headed girl from before. I need to win to get into the last of the 15 people.

Each round goes on for around 2-4 minutes.

The red headed girl looks down at me from across the glass container, judging my appearance, she sees that I'm somewhat muscular and strong, but she is 3 inches taller than me, so she looks confident.

People around me are nursing various injuries from their fights with others which they won.

Me and the red haired girl are lifted up and placed in the ring, she towers over me, I only come up to the underside of her bikini clad breasts.

The man shouts for bets and people only put their money in her pile.

She seems to gain some sort of confidence from this and says over to me,

"I'm really sorry about this, I'll make it as quick as possible, please don't struggle." She has a look of pity on her face.

I don't respond, instead I look back at her with a plain expression, not letting her in on my thoughts.

I have to win.

Seeing that I am prepared to fight her, she gives a resignated sigh and stands in some sort of over confident fighting position.

I stand in a fighting stance I have learnt from fighting lessons a few years ago. The words of Bruce Lee echo in my head, 'Be like water my friend'.

The bell sounds and she comes lumbering towards me, reaching out to grab me, I jump to the side but she catches my right foot and easily puts me on the floor with the twitch of her arm.

That was too easy for her, I scold myself.

She sighs and goes to lay on top of me, I try to scurry away from underneath her but her smooth skin encompasses me and pins me down.

She looks embarassed as she moves up my body, her breasts brushing against my stomach and then across my chest and then slowly over my head. She plans on making me go unconscious from lack of air.

She doesn't know how to fight at all, so she takes to the efficient approach of just pinning me under her with her superior weight and size.

My head fits snugly between her basketball sized breasts and I try to push her off of me but she is just too heavy, my hand pushing against her smooth stomach, not finding any hold.

Her legs intertwine with mine, stopping them from kicking.

She pushes her deadly boobs together with her hands, cutting off all air to me, I start to feel light-headed, on the verge of passing out, when my instincts kick in.

I throw my body weight into hers, rocking her body to the left slightly and she tries to maintain a grip on my head but I manage to slip from underneath her as she is adjusting herself.

I stand up, still slightly dizzy, she follows suit, jumping to her feet and reaching out to grab me with a frustrated grunt.

"Let me win!" She shouts. She doesn't look very confident now, she looks like she's about to cry, I can do nothing but use this to my advantage.

She thrashes at me, but I dodge her arms and I tackle her thigh while she is bent over, jumping out of the way before she falls on top of me. It's like wrestling a pretty giantess.

She lands with a thud on the fighting ring floor and just lies there crying, I decide to put her out of her misery and give her a swift kick to the jaw and she is out cold. My foot aching from the impact.

The crowd around me erupts into a series of booing and swearing and I have to jump out of the way as a tube of lipstick comes hurtling at me, missing me by a whisker.

The man comes running to my rescue, after shoving the enormous wad of cash into his pockets.

"Hey! Calm down everyone, the guy won fair and square!" He shouts.

The crowd murmur their disaproval but nevertheless they go quiet.

The first round 2 fight begins and ends with the 12 inch blonde girl beating up a 7 inch guy, she is crying by the end of it, a look of pain and anger on her face.

When it comes to the final 2 which is me and an 8 inch tall guy, he refuses to fight me for some reason, he is very skinny and doesn't look like he would win anyway.

So he is sold to a woman in the crowd who laughs at him and puts him inside her purse.

There are only 8 people left now, I beat my opponent, a 5 inch girl, who I agreed to pretend to knock out.

The 12 inch girl faces a 9 inch tall guy who she beats, by the end of it though she has a big bruise on her left thigh and her left arm. She finished him off in a brutal fashion after he punched her in the thigh. Kneeing him in the stomach.

The last 4 now, I face a 7 inch tall girl who looks athletic, but she is weak from her other fights, whereas I have been lucky and I had two easy fights.

She puts up a good defense against me but I break it every time and she eventually gives in and lets me knock her out.

Now it's time for the final fight, me versus the 12 inch blonde girl. She looks determined and confident, she also looks down at me like I am her last obstacle towards her freedom.

Her eyes show me that she has changed since her first fight, they are angry and awake.

I know I can't win, but I have to try if I want to get back to Tris. They are probably worried sick about me, I can imagine that they have probably called for help.

People are wearily betting on my opponent, remembering how I won last time, but this time I only come up to the girls' crotch, so I have almost no chance.

"Go!" The man shouts one last time.

I look up at the blonde girl, trying to keep my distance from her and judging what she is going to do.

Suddenly she runs towards me, trying to kick me with her left foot. I strafe left to the side and she follows up quickly with her right foot, catching me on my side, knocking me sprawling to the floor from the impact.

I go to get up but I see her feet take long strides towards me.

She lifts one foot up and rests it heavily on my back, stopping me from getting up.

She lowers her body down on top of mine and turns me around so that I'm facing up at her.

Her legs are bent at either side of me and her crotch rests on my chest, keeping me pinned in place.

I can't move at all now so I just wait for her to make her move.

She touches her knuckles against my cheek as if testing to see where she is going to punch me. In her previous rounds she never used her fists, she only kicked.

She swings her right arm and it connects with my left cheek, although it's a very weak punch and it does me no harm.

She tries again with her left but again it's very weak.

She looks a little awkward now sitting on top of me because she realizes she can't knock me out by punching me.

I smile up at her trying to catch her off guard but she shakes her head and stands up, unsure of how to finish me off.

I stand up now that she is off me and she just looks down at me and seems to make up her mind.

She grabs me and throws me to the floor again, this time when she sits on top of me, she sits on my face, cutting off my air.

Her pink bikini clad crotch fills my vision and she forces my face into it, then brings her proportionatly small butt down on my face, muffling the oos and aahs from the crowd.

All I can hear are muffled noises from outside, then I hear the muffled sounds get louder until I feel tremors all around me and I think I hear shouts.

The blonde girl lifts off of me before I start to run out of air and I look around watching as people run out of the room and into the restaurant, then out through the entrance door, leaving the room empty apart from the people in the cardboard box and us two in the ring.

The blonde girl looks down at me with an excited expression.

"I think the cops are here!" She claps and squeals with happiness.

Police burst into the room talking through radios,

"Found 'em!" A female cop shouts into her radio and a few others rush in behind her.

"Oh my god what is this?" She asks to her colleagues in a hushed tone.

"Look in that cardboard box Jenny, I'll go talk to these two." One of them says, pointing at us two.

"We're saved!" She shouts, throwing her arms around me in a relieved embrace, which I accept, because I'm relieved too.

"Hey, after we get out of all this, do you wanna maybe go out sometime?" She asks shyly, her eyes looking into mine, no wonder she was so reluctant to finish me off, she likes me.

"Sorry but I have a girlfriend." I answer slowly and gently.

She just nods and hangs her head, I don't deny that she is hot, and I have seen her kind personality when she helped Serena.

The cop comes over to us and asks us if we are alright, we nod and he tells us that the cops have been searching all over and that over 30 people on the beach called them.

I tell him about the guy who was taken away in a purse and he says something into his radio.

The cops carry everyone out into the restaurant area, we sit at the tables exchanging relieved glances and words with each other.

One of the cops looks at my strange clothing and asks me if my name is Kai, I nod and he says, "I have Kai here." into his radio. Then he walks away.

Serena walks over to me and hugs me.

"Thank you..." She says up to me.

"I'm Kai, don't mention it Serena, just try and stay safe from now on ok? Your parents will probably be worried sick about you." I say, attempting to console her.

She starts to cry and I hold her for a while.

"I don't have any parents." She sniffs, crying into her hands.

No parents... That's awful, I feel so sorry for her.

"I'm here with my orphanage, I get picked on by the other kids, they were the ones who gave me to that man." She explains through tears.

I have to do something about this.

------

Tris -

Kai went missing 1 hour ago and me and Christy are worried sick about him, there is a whole team of cops patroling the beach and the surrounding areas looking for the people who went missing.

I heard from some of the cops that they got over 30 calls at around the same time.

Me and Christy are just waiting by one of the cop cars which belongs to the cop we were talking to, he was a very kind guy who took care of us. He assured me and Christy that they would find everyone.

I feel sorry for him how he had to deal with us two who were crying our eyes out and telling him how we promised to protect Kai. Which we failed at doing.

Another 30 minutes pass and we are sitting in the cop car now, we haven't spoken to each other in that length of time, just going through scenarios in our heads about what could have happened.

One minute he was there and the next he was gone, I came back to find Christy asleep and Kai missing.

Christy has been blaming herself mostly.

As we look out of the car window onto the beach, we suddenly see a few cops pick up their radios and run off in a direction. We get out of the car and follow them and a crowd of people who are jogging towards the fancy restaurant just off from the beach.

Lots of people are running and jogging away from the restaurant in the opposite direction, a young woman drops her purse and I rush to get it for her before she drives away.

I knock on her window and she turns to look at me. When she sees what I'm holding she quickly rolls down the window and snatches it from me before driving away. Wherever she was going she must have been in a hurry.

Then the cop from before comes running out of the restaurant towards me and Christy, telling us that Kai is inside and they are just accounting for everyone before we can go and see him.

Christy hugs the cop tightly and he doesn't protest, I've never seen Christy show so much affection towards a male before.

On hearing the news I just run my hands through my hair, a weight falls off my shoulders as I realize Kai is going to be ok and he isn't lost anymore. When I see him I don't think I'll be able to stop myself from picking him up and kissing him.

The cops give everyone the all clear and families of those who were kidnapped go rushing in to see them.

Christy points to a table and I see Kai sitting with a smaller girl, about half his size, his arm around her back.

------

Kai -

The cops tell everyone they can come in and people rush in looking for their friends and family, I try to make out Tris or Christy in the crowd, then I see Christy's head and she points towards me and Tris comes running over.

She picks me up before I can move away from Serena, meaning she accidentally knocks Serena over as she does so.

I look down to see if she is ok, she is just rubbing her arm and looking up at me as I am whisked away towards Tris' lips.

Tris kisses me over and over before saying anything, so I decide to be the first to tell her how relieved I am.

"Tris, you don't realize how glad I am to see you, it was horrible, they had 32 people from the beach all trapped in a cardboard box, they made us fight each other against our will and they were betting on us, the one who won got to go free." I tell her, taking a deep breath and resting my head against her cheek.

"Really? That's horrible Kai, are you okay?" Christy asks.

"Yeah I'm fine, I made it to the finals luckily, but I was up against a 12 inch tall girl who would have beaten me, had not the cops arrived on time."

"Yikes, 12 inches? She must have been huge to you." Christy replies in awe.

"I'm just glad you're okay Kai." Tris says in a hoarse whisper.

"Let's go, there are news reporters all over the place, every news station in the world must be here." Tris adds walking away, while the sound of helicopters can be heard above us.

"Wait!!" I shout above the noise.

Tris looks down at me questioningly.

"We need to take her with us!" I shout again, pointing at Serena, who is sitting on the table with her head in her hands.

"Why do we have to take her?" Tris asks with a pang of jealousy in her voice.

"Because she is on her own!" I reply, struggling to shout above the noise.

Tris just shakes her head and continues walking. I can't believe this, Tris is actually jealous.

"Tris! Turn around now!" I demand, shouting so loud that my throat hurts.

She just looks at me as if she is judging me. She probably thinks I have feelings for her or something. Christy butts in, looking at me and nodding.

Tris stares at Christy as she walks back to go and get Serena, like she has been betrayed by her friend. Tris doesn't look me in the eye when Christy comes back, Serena in hand.

Christy holds Serena up to me so I am level with her, sitting in Tris' palm.

"Is this her?" Christy asks, I nod.

Serena then leaps the distance between Christy and Tris' hands and wraps her arms around me, her small frame straddling me, she cries into my shoulder with happiness.

Suddenly we are dumped into another hand, I look up and Tris is walking away from me and Christy, who's hand she dumped us into.

"Uh oh Kai, looks like she's jealous of your little girlfriend." Christy giggles.

"Christy, take this seriously, please, she's not my 'little girlfriend'. She was with the others when we were forced to fight each other. She has no parents and she lives in an orphanage, the kids there bully her and they gave her over to the same guy who kidnapped me in exchange for money." I explain, my expression serious.

Christy stopped laughing and nods, understanding.

"You'll have to explain that to Tris aswell." She says, and we walk after Tris, who is stomping away back towards our car.

What a day.

----
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading guys, remember to leave a review for the chapter :)