- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is mostly light-hearted character progression, although there are some important parts in it for future chapters. Enjoy :)
------

Kai -

We sat on the sofa for over an hour just chatting, everyone relieved that the drama is finally over. I look up at Tris and my love for her is strong again, she fixed this mess when she didn't have to.

I remained in Christy's lap for the entire duration of our reunion of sorts, her lap providing me a soothing warmth which calmed me and kept me stress free. I could get used to sitting in the lap of one of the most beautiful girls I have ever known.

I see models on the TV and in magazines and even they don't compare to her, the difference is blatant to me.

I know she isn't attracted to me so I feel it is ok for me to say that.

We talked about general things like what we were going to eat tonight, Tris suggested we watch a movie and I shuddered a little.

I looked up at Christy's face and saw that she was looking at me when Tris suggested that, and she turned away quickly, blushing.

Overall, everyone felt that everything was back to normal, Tris was cheerful and making me and Christy laugh and Christy referred to me so many times than I am used to that I started to change the topics away from me.

Although I'm glad she isn't ignoring me anymore.

After we finished talking, Tris and Christy decided to go shopping mainly for food and things Christy will need while staying here.

She will be here for 13 more days, a fact I do not mind, although yesterday I would not have been able to bear this news.

Tris out of sympathy and to make me feel included, asks me if I want to go with them, I pass, I would probably just get in the way.

Christy goes to re-apply her make-up and then I wave to them as they leave the house, leaving me to my own devices.

I decide to pass the time by exploring every part of the house I can reach, but first I need to use the bathroom.

I jog up the stairs, along the hallway and into the bathroom, only to realize that the stairs have still not been made up to the toilet.

I will have to put them back myself. So I spend 20 minutes stacking up the books (They are heavy), desperate to release my bladder all during this time, I could just pee in a corner and nobody would notice.

But I'm not some non-domesticated pet who goes where and when they please, although the thought does sound appealing.

I finish the stairs and race up them and on to the toilet seat.

I slip and almost do a forward somersault, but I twist my body just in time and I grab a hold of the toilet seat, dangling above the water, which is only a legs length away. I can't hold it in any longer from the shock of almost falling in, so I hang there, my fingers aching, my bladder feeling relieved.

The distance from the toilet seat to the water below is about 9 inches, so if I fell in, there is no way I would get out given the slipperiness and the fact the water would be waist deep.

I haul myself up and out of danger.

After that close shave I decide to go check out Christy's room which is right next to the bathroom.

I jog out of the bathroom and into her room and all of her clothes and possessions have been put away, her bags are all tucked in the corner, her suitcase propped up against the mahogany wardrobe.

The floor in this room is the same carpet as the one in mine and Tris' room, very firm and soft to the touch.

I see something silhouetted underneath the wardrobe, it looks like a bottle of some sort. I jog over to it and look underneath, the bottle is on its side I read a label on it 'amnesia serum' and a dark liquid is inside it.

I gasp, I was right.

I just assumed Christy had gotten some drug or chemical from her work (Her and Tris work for a chemical company) and it just turns out my assumption was correct.

I feel like I should show Tris just to prove that I was right but I decide to hide it instead, just as a precaution. I roll it out into the middle of the room and think about where to put it.

I decide to climb up on to the bed which is a single bed, one side against the wall and on the other side of the room to the door, to get a better look around the room, plus I could use some upper body exercise. The sheets drape down from on top of the bed so I can climb them fairly easily.

I set off climbing and after about 40 seconds I reach the top. I look over the expanse of the bed and notice something in the middle.

I run over to it and I get a shock, it's a bright pink dildo and it's almost the size of me. I didn't expect Christy to have one of these.

Images of her using me the night before flash back to me, but I easily push them away.

I stare at the dildo like it's my greatest enemy, a mischievous thought comes to mind.

What if I hide it from Christy?

She will get such a shock when she finds it gone from on top of her bed where she left it. I laugh, thinking of what her reaction would be.

I get up behind it and I roll it across the bed, it's pretty heavy, made mostly of solid glass, until it falls off the bed and lands with a small thump.

I slide down the bed covers to the floor and I get behind it again and roll it under her bed with a smile.

Now I have to figure out where to put the bottle, so I decide to put it in a very secret place, where I keep my most sacred possession.

The ring I intend to propose to Tris with.

Nobody will find the bottle there, so I roll it into our room and up to the secret flap in the corner which opens up the square of carpet.

I am thankful that after a third tug I finally manage to open up the flap. I look down into the small compartment where the ring is and it is still there, where I left it.

I drop the bottle into the gap and close the secret compartment, to be opened another day.

I sit around watching TV for another five hours, with nothing else to do and nothing to eat, I have to use my fists to press the buttons on the remote.

The girls finally return, Tris calling out.

"We're back!" I hear shuffling and the rustling of bags and Christy walks into the kitchen and drops most of them onto the counter.

It's 6 PM, the time they get back. Tris comes into the living room and asks me how my day was.

"How has your day been?" Tris asks.

"It's been good, pretty relaxing, although I almost fell in the toilet bowl." I say with a cheeky smile.

"Really?" She replies, seemingly taken aback by the fact I can fall in although I don't think she comprehends that I wouldn't be able to get back out.

"It's a shame you didn't you could use a wash after all." She jokes.

But she's right I haven't had a shower or a bath in 2 days, and I've been through a lot, so I probably stink more than I ever have.

"So... what's for dinner." I ask, genuinely hungry and too impatient to acknowledge her joke.

"Me and Christy got pizza." She says with a smile. "But you only get some if you laugh at my jokes." She adds, aware that I ignored it.

"Ha. Ha. Ha." I say sarcastically, she narrows her eyes at me and then sticks her tongue out at me. I do the same back.

Once a child always a child.

----

Tris -

I walk out of the living room after talking to my childish (Although very cute) boyfriend, and into the kitchen where I dump the shopping bags onto the kitchen table.

Christy is unpacking the bags and putting stuff in the fridge and cupboards. She leaves all the stuff she picked until last, things like chocolate, cookie mix, ice cream and the pizzas.

She sees me looking in her direction and smiles back at me with a goofy expression, I burst out laughing.

Christy tells me she's going up to her room, the first time since I unpacked all her stuff and left my little prank on her bed. I can't wait for her reaction.

I wait 5 minutes or so and I hear her stomping back down the stairs. I can't help but snigger.

She walks right up to me with embarassment written across her face and stands an arms length from me, hands on her hips. What she says catches me off guard however.

"Ok, Tris, haha very funny, where is it?" She says, rolling her eyes and hugging her arms against her stomach, visibly uncomfortable.

"Huh?" I stop laughing. "I put it in the middle of your bed." I recall.

"Come on Tris this isn't funny, it isn't there." She explains.

Strange, I definitely remember putting it there... Kai.

He probably found it and moved it, i'll have to go have a word with him.

"Follow me." I say to Christy.

We sneak into the living room, Christy follows my lead giving me a quizzical look. I walk up to the side of the sofa, out of his vision and say loudly and suddenly.

"Kai." He jumps and whips his head up to me, almost jumping out of his skin.

"Have you been in Christy's room by any chance?" I question him.

He gulps and replies, "Yes, I have, why might you ask." Trying to sound cool.

"Well, you do know not to touch a girls' things right?" Christy says, catching on.

We giggle as his eyes go wide and he fidgets nervously. I feel bad for messing with him. I can't help but wonder how he moved it though... ugh he must have gotten all touchy feely with it. Yuck. Christy is probably thinking the same.

"Uh... I-it was just a prank, you know that right?" He answers, his nerves noticable in his voice.

"Wow. You two are SO much alike, it's unreal." Christy says to us both. "Now uhh, if you don't mind telling me where you put 'it'." She adds, shifting awkwardly.

She seems really attached to it, something I find hilarious.

"It's under your bed." He confesses.

"Thanks." With that she runs upstairs and shuts her door, me and Kai hear it slam shut.

We both burst out laughing, unable to contain it anymore.

Things are definitely back to normal. It feels good.

------
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed the chapter, leave a review about it, let me know how it went. :)