- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter will have a perspective from Kai and Tris. This chapter will help to settle things and the events from the previous few chapters. Enjoy :)
-------

Tris -

I walk into the kitchen and Christy is standing over the counter preparing breakfast for everyone. She is wearing a light brown skirt, a black short sleeve top and is barefoot, showing off a lot of her tanned skin.

The sun filters through the windows on to the tiled floor, making it hot to the touch so I have to skip along patches to avoid burning my feet. Kai doesn't look too pleased since I'm having to swing him around in the air.

"Hey Tris, Kai. I made you guys breakfast." She announced with a smile.

She looks so innocent and kind, the things Kai has told me are the last things I would have expected from Christy. I have known her for years and while she isn't the most social person or self-confident most of the time because of her timid nature, she gets her confidence from her looks. So it's pretty damn hard for her to ever run out of confidence.

I put Kai down on the table with his breakfast and walk over to Christy.

"Christy can I talk to you for a second?" I say quietly.

"Sure, what about?" She asks, noticably putting on a look of confusion.

"In the living room." I gesture.

We sit down on the sofa and before she sits down I point at the stain she left.

"First off, I want you to clean that up later." I say sternly.

Right now, I am not talking to my best friend. The girl in front of me takes a seat.

"Me and Kai welcomed you into our home. We accepted that you needed a place to stay, and how have you repaid us so far?" I am trying to make her feel bad, because it's what's best for her.

She remains silent, looking back at me with a hurt, guilty expression.

"Kai told me what you did, don't you think for a second that I don't believe every word he told me. You put something in my drink didn't you. It was the amnesia serum from work wasn't it?"

We both work for a chemical company, we work on various things, including the amnesia serum recently which just gives you partial memory loss.

"Yeah..." She replies guiltily.

"I can't believe you Christy, you even thought I wouldn't find out. Why can't you get along with Kai? He's my boyfriend and I love him. I know you are jealous and you have feelings for me... Kai told me." I say cautiously and softly, watching her reaction.

She looks shocked and embarassed, she turns her head to the side, her cheeks going red. Then she turns back to me with a puzzled expression.

"Wait... so Kai... he knew all this time?" She asks, like it was the most absurd thing she had ever discovered.

I knew from her reaction that all this time she hasn't seen Kai as a person, just an object in the way of me. It hurts to think about that, but I know things will change... since this is the first time she has spoken Kai's name like that, as though she just realized he is still a human being.

"How did he know I... lo- uhh... like you?" She questions, obviously shocked that he was so observant throughout our time together, awkwardly slipping on her words.

"Haha, well, I guess he saw you look at me the way he used to." I answer, laughing at the thought.

"Also Christy, you do realize the situation I am in right now? You, my best friend have attempted to kill my boyfriend, you raped him and you drugged my wine. To anyone, this doesn't look good. I look like a really stupid, messed up person to Kai for not reacting like I should be. But since everything seems to be settled now and nobody has been badly harmed, I won't hold any of what happened yesterday against you, if you promise me that you will treat Kai like a human being, however hard you find that." I explain to her, looking into her eyes, my expression serious and confident.

Christy sits there, her hands shaking slightly, her eyes wide. I feel sorry for her, I imagine it must feel like waking up and realising you raped someone much weaker than you and almost killed someone. Which is exactly what she did. That someone being one of her closest friends.

Before, she acted so casually about raping and attempting to kill Kai. The fact that she just realized she did all of this to Kai who she now knows has feelings and is capable of seeing through her feelings for me, makes her hate herself.

I see the grief hit her like a truck, she wobbles slightly and bursts into tears, crying loudly and sniffing, bent forward with her head in her hands.

"T-tris, I'm s-s-so s-sorry, I-I d-didn't realise." She says through weeping, filled with regret.

I put my hand on her back and rub up and down.

"I know you're upset but I think you owe Kai the same apology, you did after all do all this to him, I think it's the least you can do to make it up to him." I tell her, not sounding too harsh, but harsh enough that she doesn't feel let off the hook too easily.

She slowly nods through tears.

"I'll go apologize to him in a second." She says quietly.

"Ok, well, take your time about it, there's no need to rush. He's just in there eating his breakfast, he's probably wondering where we are." I say soothingly, pointing to the kitchen.

"In the meantime i'll be upstairs helping you unpack, we have work tomorrow." I say cheerfully.

I should probably help her through today, as well as Kai. It looks like i'll have a lot of work to do today, I sigh, standing up.

She looks like she wants to say something but she shakes her head and sits with her elbows on her legs, her head resting on her hands, staring ahead at the wall where the TV is. Her lip is still trembling and she occasionaly sobs and sniffs trying to stop the tears.

I head upstairs.

----

Kai -

I'm currently sitting on my cardboard chair eating bacon which Christy cooked, for some reason I find it hard to swallow. Probably more reasons than one.

Tris went away to talk to Christy, I don't know what it could be about, probably going out or something which I am not allowed to hear.

I am intrigued.

Throwing down my oversized piece of bacon, I take off towards the stairs descending to the kitchen floor.

Once I land on the floor I take off running underneath a chair and then towards the door opposite the kitchen counters.

(The door 90 degrees to the right of that door leads to our small indoor pool and the conservatory containing my computer which in turn leads to our expansive garden. All of which I have never been in at this size, the reason being I can't really enjoy them.)

I sprint along the hallway, my bare feet making no sound against the smooth wood floor as I cover half the distance in 30 seconds. Another 30 seconds and I am at the door.

I peer around the entrance to the living room and I hear talking, they are sitting on the sofa, I enter the room, the carpet soft and unyielding, and creep along the wall which the sofa's back is against.

I can make out what they are saying now and by the sound of it, Tris is giving Christy a rough lesson.

Christy is crying... I don't know how to feel about this, to be honest I'm overjoyed. It sounds like she is getting what she deserves.

She is really sobbing now, I get close enough to hear what they are saying.

"T-tris, I'm s-s-so s-sorry, I-I d-didn't realise." I hear Christy weep.

Why does she need to apologize to Tris?

"I know you're upset but I think you owe Kai the same apology, you did after all do all this to him, I think it's the least you can do to make it up to him." Tris says coldly.

Wow, Tris is really laying into her. I feel both relieved and skeptical, will Christy agree to apologizing to me? I don't see why she wouldn't, given her state, after all I have never done anything to her apart from shout at her after she thought she killed me.

There is silence for a few seconds. I guess Christy is registering what Tris is saying, she is probably thinking about apologizing. This shocks me.

"I'll go apologize to him in a second." Christy says, almost a whisper. She sounds determined.

I slump against the wall, could this mean everything will be back to normal? A smile spreads across my face and I can't get rid of it. What a relief.

"Ok, well, take your time about it, there's no need to rush. He's just in there eating his breakfast, he's probably wondering where we are." I hear Tris reassure Christy.

I feel like coming out from my hiding spot but I don't want it to appear as though I am spying on them, which I guess I am.

"In the meantime I'll be upstairs helping you unpack, we have work tomorrow." She says.

With that I hear Tris get up, she walks past me without seeing me. Christy sits on the sofa alone.

I decide to walk up to Christy to save her going to the kitchen, it will probably make things a lot easier for her.

I jog around from the side of the sofa, and look round to see Christy with her head in her hands, tears streaming down her face, she looks rough.

As I walk up to her I decide to get her attention by tapping her on the foot.

The sofa is to my left, her long bare legs stretch high above me and bend at the top of the sofa, her long blonde hair cascading down over them, her face hidden from view. Her whole form is shaking and occasionaly heaves from her sobbing.

I walk up to her bare foot, her white painted nails look good against her skin.

I put my hand on the side of her right foot.

A jolt and a movement.

I fly through the air at high speeds, doing more somersaults than an olympic gymnast. I flail my arms in panic.

Why did I do that.

I am high in the air, I catch glimpses of Christy's face from up here, she looks alarmed and I see her rise from the sofa.

I am quickly getting closer to the ground now, I feel so dizzy, I feel like I might throw up or pass out.

I am falling head first towards the ground, my life flashes before my eyes and all I can think of is that I survived last night for nothing.

Suddenly there is a loud thump below me and something shoots out directly beneath me.

I look up for 2 seconds and catch a glimpse of a mass of black, brown and blonde sprawled out ahead of me.

I brace myself for impact...

I gasp as I land, but I land comfortably on a soft surface.

I am disoriented for a few seconds, my heart racing, I steady myself lieing down against the surface getting my breath back.

A powerful gust of wind hits me, blowing my hair back, then smaller gusts, and I look up to see Christy's face take up most of my view, wearing a relieved and exhausted expression.

Her hair is strewn across her face, her green eyes settle calmly on me, she has a look of pain and panic in her eyes, she is trying to get her breath back, she appears to be winded from the jump onto the carpet. Then her head drops to the ground and her hands land with it, pinning me underneath her right hand.

She is out cold.

She kicked me into the air out of instinct, then instead of letting me fall to my death, she sprinted across the room and dived to catch me, not thinking about herself.

Christy just saved me.

I feel like crying with relief. It looks like our lives may be back to normal after all, hopefully after the drama ends we can all laugh about it.

I gaze up at Christy's closed eyes from my position beneath her hand and she looks so gorgeous, I think back on how such a beautiful person can be so cruel at times.

Now that her jealousy and her hatred is gone, she is back to her old self.

I try to lift up her hand but it's too heavy, so I have to squirm my way out from underneath her. I walk up to her face and drag some hair from it and I tap her on the forehead, her skin is smooth to the touch.

At my height I can just see over her head, her left ear level with my head. I lean down slightly and try to wake her up in any way possible. I clap my hands close to her ears, I kick her softly in the nose and I poke her eye lid.

That seems to do it, she opens her eyes and is greeted by my grateful face, she sits up quickly, her legs shoot out on either side of me, her arms behind her back supporting her. I land on my butt from the sudden movement.

She looks down at me with her green eyes, she looks unsure and uncomfortable.

She brings one hand up to her face and combs her hand through her hair, brushing it from her eyes, balancing herself on one hand and then letting her hand land back with a thud.

It feels pretty awkward, not only the way she is acting but nobody is speaking, plus she hasn't realised it yet but her legs are wide open and she's wearing a skirt. I can see her yellow panties as clear as day.

I try to keep my eyes from travelling down in order to make the whole thing less awkward. She speaks down to me first.

"Um... hey." She says awkwardly, not sure what to do with her facial expressions, she gives me an unsure smile.

"Thank you Christy." Is all I can say, given that she just saved my life, which I blame on my stupidity.

"Please... I mean uhh... I didn't mean to kick you... I just didn't know..." Her lip trembling, she trails off leaning forward and cries into her hands again. While I just sit there staring up at her, not sure what to do.

"Christy." I say calmly. "It's ok, you didn't mean it." I add.

She looks at me, her lips still quivering and her eyes glassy with tears, blonde hair once again strewn across her face like a wet mop.

"I forgive you Christy." I say confidently. I can see now that she has changed dramatically since yesterday. I surprise myself a little that I forgive her so easily, her beauty captivates me.

Her face lights up. I just made everything ok for her, and she is grateful for that.

For the first time she looks down at me between her legs with a smile, then she grabs me up and pulls me to her chest a little too quickly.

I am buried in her chest, she squeezes me against her very tightly, my six inch form just fitting against the width of both of her arms, my head popping out just above them.

The hug lasts 5 seconds and then she holds me out away from her so she can look at me in her palm. She looks down at me and down to her skirt, then back to me.

"Could you see up my skirt?" She asks coyly, with a grin.

"Hmm... maybe?" I say with a grin.

She looks down at me and laughs. This is the Christy I know.

--------

Tris -

After dealing with Christy, (which I think went well) I took the opportunity to both help her for the day and also to see if she has anything lying around which she shouldn't have.

I'm hungry and I could use some breakfast so i'll have to get this done quickly.

I walk into her bedroom, (one of our guest bedrooms, this one is next to the bathroom) and I walk up to her bags.

I zip open one of her bags, some clothes tumble out and amidst the clothes, out rolls a pink cylindrical object.

I pick it up and inspect it, holding it with two fingers and away from me once I register what it is. Ugh, I throw it onto her bed. I didn't know Christy was into that kind of thing. I suppose she is a lesbian though so i'll let this one go.

I look at it for a little longer and scrutinize it, it looks a little smaller than ones i've seen before, it's about 6 inches long, I think of Kai and compare him with it in my mind-

Wait that's sick, why would I think that? I shake the thought from my mind and throw the thing back into her bag. I hang up the clothes that were inside it, she will probably realize I have seen it, I smirk. That can't be helped.

Maybe I should hide it as a prank? Am I really that childish? Yes, I can be.

I pick it up at the flat end and scan the room for a good place to put it. Hmm... I have a better idea, what if I put it in the middle of her bed in plain sight?

Yes, that'll do, I smile mischievously.

After I finish up putting everything away in her room, I head back downstairs and I walk into the kitchen expecting to see Christy and Kai having made up.

They aren't there. I run into the pool room and I look into the conservatory and they aren't there either.

I run into the living room and I see Christy still sitting there, she turns and looks at me, no longer crying, she is smiling. I still approach her with a lump in my throat.

"Have you seen K-" I begin, but I look down at her lap and Kai is sitting there looking up at me, a smile on his face, he waves at me.

I stand there with my mouth agape, did they really make up already?

"Tris, we have one hell of a story to tell you!" Kai shouts excitedly up at me.

Christy with an equally as excited expression and demeanor, she is sitting with her hands on either side of Kai, palm down on her skirt, resting on her legs.

She looks so calm, and she isn't trying to throw him off of her.

Am I seeing things?

I double check and I am definitely not seeing things, I sigh, and I flop down next to them, smiling back.

------
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading the story so far and I hope you are enjoying it. Please remember to leave a review, it gives me much needed feedback on how i'm doing. The next few chapters will be out soon. Thanks to those who have given me suggestions thus far, I will try to add them into the story when possible. :)