- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This was a very cute session, in my opinion.

Author's Chapter Notes:

Keep reading, It gets more intense!

 

Rin, having finished her visit with Youmu and having spent a rather long time cooking as well "While you're here..." Yuyuko had said, Rin was finally on her way out. It was her last stop on her visitation tour and she'd be heading back to Eden next.Though she'd spot what looked like a girl with rabbit ears walking up the steps of Hakugyokurou. Her hair was silver, her eyes crimson red.

 

 

 

And it wouldn't be long before she made eye contact with Rin, looking at her for a while as she passed her on the way up as she continued on her way to deliver the supplies being rather curious about who the strange newcomer was. "Oh, yes, here this is what you requested from Mistress Eirin right? Everything should be there Youmu-dono, if you need anything more, just send word and I'll deliver it." She'd say with a polite bow and headed back down the steps.

 

 

 

Rin smiled at Reisen. "You're Eirin's assistant aren't you? Eirin helped my friend Fem some time ago. Kurasawa Rin, but most people call me Rin. Glad to meet you!"

 

 

 

She'd give Rin a curtsy out of kind and polite respect. "Likewise, it is rare to find a new face in Gensokyo. Especially here in the land of the dead. Are you perhaps a friend of Youmu-Dono and Lady Yuyuko?"

 

 

 

"Youmu used to work for me when I had my restaurant on the Night Fury. Yuyuko... stole food mainly. But I did teach her how to make a recipe once, which surprised her." Rin smiled at the fond memory. "I'm glad the whole cult threat thing is over but having people from all over on that ship and new ones all the time was so amazing." Rin mused with a light sigh.

 

 

 

"I actually wanted to go with the group that left Gensokyo to investigate the Cult. But...Eirin wouldn't allow it....." ~She'd say disappointed.~ "My name's Reisen Udongein Inaba. But you can simply call me Reisen." She said with a smile as her ears twitched a bit. "I'm a Lunarian Rabbit, if you know what that means."

 

 

 

"Well sort of. I overheard a lot during my time on the Night Fury. So, does Eirin keep you on a tight leash then, or was it just because of the danger that she didn't let you go?"

 

 

 

"Oh trust me, she probably couldn't care less if I was in danger....as long as I came back with something for her to study or analyze for new medicines. But....well she's sort of special so I kind of just listen to her anyway." She'd say poking the tips of her index fingers together. "It was more that I had deliveries to make that she didn't send me eh heheheh." She'd say rubbing the back of her head a bit in embarrassment.

 

 

 

"Oh. Well if you were working especially for a healer like her, that was important too." She paused. "You still have a lot of work to do now? I've pretty much finished my visit here with those I wanted to catch up with. I don't have to get back to my restaurant for some time, as I finally have a reasonable amount of employees, and..." Another pause. "Nevermind, we just met." She looked away in embarrassment.

 

 

 

"Well, between you and me, I've wanted to leave Gensokyo at least once. I'd like to see the outside world hmm." ~She'd say with a smile her ears twitching as her tail wiggled, though Rin couldn't see it.~ "Besides, I can always deal with Master's punishments later. I'm already used to them that the things she does to me don't even really scare me that much anymore." That was a lie.

 

 

 

"I can tell you're still scared, I can taste emotions, Reisen. But I could go with you if you have to ask permission to leave. Eirin made some discoveries purely because of my blood before (without my knowledge, but still) and she might be willing to allow you to go if it was with me."

 

 

 

"Well, alright but I can't guarantee this will work. I might not get to go at all you understand." She felt a bit timid at this point. Unsure what to think should her master find it displeasing that she wanted to go outside of Gensokyo. "Come with me, I'll take you to Eintei." She motioned and began to walk down the stairs before flying upside down for a while until she turned right side up for no apparent reason. Hakugyokurou was a strange place.

 

 

 

"This place is pretty freaky." Rin commented, flying after Reisen instead of walking. "I think I can talk Eirin into letting you come. It's all about playing to her motivations."

 

 

 

"Motivations huh? I've always tried to make excuses for why I should travel more. She thinks that my excuses are half baked and that I simply want to travel to get away from her experiments." She'd shudder at that.

 

 

 

"If she thinks the travel is an experiment though... that might change her mind." She said smugly as they continued on.

 

 

 

"What do you mean? Oh gosh, what if she wants to come along just to observe....." She'd say feeling a bit down now. She was a rather depressed individual half the time. Then again, with what Eirin put her through who could blame her? As they flew further across the land of Gensokyo they'd come to the Bamboo Forest were she'd use her powers to unseal the maze that was the Bamboo and drop down into Eintei with Rin. Immediately she'd get right to her room to make a log of her delivery while Rin met with Eirin for a bit.

 

 

 

It took a good twenty minutes but eventually Rin came out of Eirin's lab smiling. "I convinced her to let you come back with me, not to Eden but just regular Tokyo. There is one small catch though..." She held up a small leather bag. "There's going to be medicine for you involved while you're there. I just wanted a day or two visit but Eirin insisted a full three-week trial was needed. I'll explain more on the way. Let's hurry before she changes her mind?"

 

 

 

"Uh, okay." She'd say confused and sort of sketchy by what she meant by medicine. That wasn't medicine, that was probably torture test experiment number 556, as schedules to have taken place a week from today....perhaps she sped its arrival date up to now? She wasn't sure about this. But anyway she followed Rin over to the boarder boundary where Yukari awaited Rin's return.

 

 

 

"Ah, so you are returning now? And with someone in toe I see. If you plan to take a resident with you know this, they are not allowed to reveal themselves as a youkai to the outside populace. If they do they are to be brought back here immediately by me." She'd say with a serious expression but then she'd smile like nothing was wrong.

 

 

 

"Anyway have a nice vacation Udongein. Don't forget to send post cards." She'd open a gap to Tokyo's Shibuya district so that Reisen wouldn't stick out too much, considering that was a place where Cosplayers were common place.

 

 

 

"This is supposed to make it so you can hide your ears when you want to, but apparently it takes a few doses to start working. Eirin wants to see if you can function as a normal human when in public in Tokyo. I told her I was a better guide for what normal human was and her being her would pollute the results." She leaned in and whispered to Reisen.

 

 

 

Reisen looked at her ears a bit before touching them tenderly.~ "Hiding my ears and tail huh? I suppose that's important. Even with what I've learned about Japan being a place where people dress up and stuff, I doubt people would be fooled by real ears and a real tail." She'd say with a concerned expression. She'd begin stepping into the Gap Yukari had made to send them to Shibuya waiting for Rin to follow.

 

 

 

"Well, my apartment is half-way across town. I keep one here and on Eden anymore. I just go to Eden when I need a break from people. There's a lot of them in Tokyo, Reisen."

 

 

 

"Yeah, I can tell." And as the view expanded from just the two of them, it would show thousands if not millions of people going about their business in the streets of Shibuya. "So shall we head to your apartment then? It's rather late and we should probably settle in before we do anything else. Plus I have to put my stuff up." She'd say patting her bag which held her clothing, her brushes, and her toothbrush, toothpaste, and other essential things for a sleepover.

 

 

 

"Yeah. I know this was spur of the moment but I think this was a great idea, Reisen." She smiled over at her. "Though..." She tapped her fingers together. "I had another reason for acting so rashly too."

 

 

 

"Really? Usually I'm the one who acts rashly. It's actually rare for me to be this reserved about something I really wanted to do. Mind telling me what made you?" She'd ask as she leaned forward looking at her gingerly for a bit, her red eyes fixed on Rin's face.

 

 

 

"I think you're very cute and I'd like to get to know you better." The words tumbled out quickly while she kept her eyes on the ground. "I'm usually not impulsive that way either but... there you have it."

 

 

 

"I'm cute? Uh, well, thank you." She'd shrug her shoulders while having her hands clutched together. Her stare going to the ground as she blushed a bit feeling a tad embarrassed that someone found her cute. "Well, I'd like to make new friends, so I hope I get to know you too. I'm sure we'll have lots of fun." ~She'd say with a smile as her ears twitched a bit, which reminded her about the medicine. "Oh, right, the medicine. Quick let me see it so I can change my appearance."

 

 

 

"Eirin wasnt sure if would work the first time or take several days to start, but here it is." She handed over the leather bag to Reisen, Rin offered, glad to have the subject changed.

 

 

 

She'd reach in and grab medicine out of the bag, popping the top off the bottle and tossing one of the pills into her mouth. Swallowing it she'd stick her tongue out a bit as the taste was horrible. "Ugh....nasty...why does she always have to make it taste so horrible..." She'd say a bit depressed for a second or two before returning to her usual happy self. "So, are going to go to the apartment now? Or did you want to stop somewhere first? If not, I would like to see your place."

 

 

 

"Pick up some food on the way. I haven't been there in awhile so there's nothing fresh for us to eat. All instant noodles and canned goods right now, and I want to cook up something special for your first night in Tokyo." She said now back to her cheerful self.

 

 

 

"Alright, where should we go to get groceries? A supermarket would be ideal right? We have one back in Gensokyo, but well, I heard that Supermarkets here have automatic doors and alarm systems that don't run on magic. Is that true?" She'd ask being so curious about it that it was undeniably cute to watch her be so curious.

 

 

 

"Entirely. Not much runs on magic around here... cept me." She laughed. "We can take a train."

 

 

 

"Heh, magic fuels a lot of things I suppose, even people." ~She'd say as she followed Rin to the nearest Train station.~ "So, who are you exactly? I mean I know your name, but well. Are you human? Youkai? What?"

 

 

 

"Well... sort of combine Alice's origin with Tenshi's... I started out human, got given an item that let me learn powers and eventually became a Celestial, I guess you'd call it. But if you watch anime at all I'm like one of those sailor senshi from there."

 

 

 

"Sailor Senshi? So you are a Magical Girl?" She pondered that for a moment before her ears stood stiff as she gave out a surprised reaction."Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh?!" ~She was a bit confused but interested in getting to know Rin even more now. "Hey um, I sort of like Magical Girls. I watch a show called Puru Puri Pretty Cure every day. Three girls who change into magical outfits and save the day. It's fun." She'd say as she moved closer to Rin, getting in her face as she smiled. "Hey hey, show me some magic when we get to your apartment okay?"

 

 

 

"Sure, I have a few powers I can use that won't like... mess up the apartment." She laughed. as they got on the train and it bolted off quickly, to where Rin had to put a hand on Reisen's shoulder to stabilize her. "Yeah the stops and starts are pretty sudden. Takes getting used to."

 

 

 

Reisen thanked her for helping her with the sudden jerking of the train, and then actually felt a bit of a sudden rush of feelings. She'd met and become friends with a real magical girl. This...was just too good to be true. She felt she'd just died and gone to heaven and she was getting all excited over it. But at the same time, she also felt another emotion. One more confusing and unclear. One that Rin might recognize as something a bit intimate.

 

 

 

Rin just smiled inwardly at feeling that emotion from Reisen. No need to bring it up, not yet. It wasn't long before they got to their stop. "Here. Quickly, the train doesn't stop for long." She grabbed Reisen's hand to lead her off of the train. "Just across the street there, the supermarket, and two blocks down the street is my place. My apartment's a little strange in some ways, to accommodate my powers, I'll explain more once we're there." All the time she was leading Reisen on, keeping her hand like you would a sister or a childhood friend.

 

 

 

Reisen blushed a bit as she looked at the fact they were holding hands. Not even noticing when she passed by an airing of Puru Puri Pretty Cure. She was too focused on the fact she was holding Rin's hand. It was unclear if she even understood what Rin had just told her.

 

 

 

"Here's the supermarket!" She rushed with her in, releasing her hand and waving her on. "What did you want to have? I'll make your favorite, whatever that is. I'm a great cook."

 

 

 

Reisen would fidget a bit, her dress held by her hands as she blushed pointing towards the croquette pasta shells. She loved pasta. Was one of her favorite tings to eat.~ "Croquette pasta sounds good. Pyon." She'd let her word slip out. It didn't happen often but well, there it was.

 

 

 

"All right then that's what we'll get. I have a great sauce recipe I've been wanting to try out!" The rest of the shopping trip went similarly, as was the trip back to her apartment. Eventually they got there. It was a normal apartment from the outside but once inside it looked like the apartment upstairs had been removed and the ceiling was about twice as tall as a normal ceiling.

 

 

 

"Whoa." She'd stare up at the large ceiling wondering what was going on. "What's with the super large ceiling Rin?"

 

 

 

"Well, you wanted to see my powers. Lemme put this stuff away first." She nodded and both the fridge and several cabinets opened as Rin began putting away the groceries telekinetically. "Sometimes I like to stretch out. I'll show you in a minute." Rin winked.

 

 

 

She'd just watch the telekinesis in action as she was all giddy, her eyes full of stars wondering what other tricks Rin knew. This was turning into a dream come true for Reisen.

 

 

 

"Ok, the reason for the ceilings..." She stepped back to the middle of the living room area and reached up - touching the ceiling as she grew to fit that height. "I cant get my full size in here. for that I'd need a third apartment above me but I can at least get decently sized." Rin said, then knelt and sat back on her heels.

 

 

 

Reisen, looking up at Rin now, felt compelled to say something but couldn't. She was speechless with awe.

 

 

 

"It works in reverse too. Hold out your hand, Riesen." She requested, extending her now about double size hand toward the Lunarian Rabbit.

 

 

 

Reisen did as she was asked of and waited, wondering what she meant by reverse. Wait she didn't mean shrinking did she?

 

 

 

Rin took Reisen's hand and in a moment, was standing on it, at eight inches tall. "See?" She queried, her voice still sounding the timbre and volume of a full size human.

 

 

 

"Awww....you're so cute." She'd say hugging Rin to her chest, her breasts enveloping Rin slightly as she could actually tell that Reisen's chest was actually much bigger than it looked. "Well now I'm glad I have such a unique friend more than ever. You surprised me Rin." She'd say with a smile as she put Rin down to let her grow normal again. "But uh...maybe enough showing off powers for now. We should eat before out tummies decide to yell at us." Hers already was.

 

 

 

She returned to normal size then and nodded. "Yeah using powers makes me hungrier too..." With that she prepared them the meal, which was excellent. Afterward, Rin got Reisen set up in her spare bedroom for the night. It looked like the pair were in for a lot of adventures to come.